Forum Settings
Forums

What would you think about other sitcoms being revived like iCarly was?

New
Dec 3, 2021 3:26 PM

Mar 2021
It may not work in every case, as some Disney/Nick stars (like Ariana Grande and Zendaya) are huge in their own regards, but I feel like it may be nice to see a Good Luck Charlie or Jessie revival (don't know how they'd approach Cameron Boyce's death, but I'm sure they'd think of something). And similar to iCarly, it would have much of the same humor, but a little bit more elevated as the target audience is people who watched the original as kids. Opinions?

Dec 3, 2021 3:26 PM
Dec 2017
It would never work at all given todays woke culture and if it did it would woke somehow.

Dec 3, 2021 3:32 PM

May 2021
The only thing the world needs is a Ned's Declassified revival to actually happen, it would make sense to create a sitcom about surviving adulthood

Dec 4, 2021 8:32 AM

Feb 2016
Gween_Gween said:
The only thing the world needs is a Ned's Declassified revival to actually happen, it would make sense to create a sitcom about surviving adulthood

I see someone has good taste.
その目だれの目?
Dec 7, 2021 4:42 PM
Mar 2017
Depends on what they have to offer. Some jokes work others fall flat or as so recycled you can't be bothered. Never seen iClary only know bits about it and I think the concept was great, but I know it wasn't going to be my thing from the execution when it was new or now just because of how they handle the situations.

With how kids TV can be sometimes among just tropes I can't usually stand let alone the humour. I enjoy kids shows no matter what but many times I end up not really enjoying them and its why I moved to anime.

It's why I've never watched adult animation either because anime offers more than just some sitcoms and at that concepts I'm not really into from what I've heard of them. If the situations and character personalities are good then sure but if the jokes are what I expect and can't stand then nope no matter how good the concept/premise is.
Suntanned_Duck2Dec 7, 2021 4:45 PM

More topics from this board

» Currently listening to ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsukareru - Mar 29, 2021

7554 by 0arche »»
2 hours ago

» What's your favorite song?

DollzchanAi - Yesterday

5 by Zayvex »»
5 hours ago

» Favorite childhood TV shows?

56709 - Apr 17

17 by GoddessLove »»
6 hours ago

» AI generated OP/ED themes from imaginary anime that I came up with. (Over 20 songs and counting!)

FFandMMfan - Yesterday

2 by FFandMMfan »»
9 hours ago

» What was the last song you listened to? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Death - Oct 1, 2020

3379 by SilentAssassin88 »»
Today, 3:45 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.