Forum Settings
Forums
New
Dec 2, 2021 9:52 AM
Jul 2018
Apparently I've heard from people that Rifujin-sensei is planning to write a sequel of mushoku tensei,and that mushoku tensei was only a prologue to what's to come next.

I'm only on volume 14 and sticking with ln,so wn readers pls don't spoil anything for me just give me your thoughts in a vague way.

But I do know that mushoku tensei cover the entire life of Rudeus.
Dec 4, 2021 6:56 AM
Mar 2021
Ceoneichi said:
Apparently I've heard from people that Rifujin-sensei is planning to write a sequel of mushoku tensei,and that mushoku tensei was only a prologue to what's to come next.

I'm only on volume 14 and sticking with ln,so wn readers pls don't spoil anything for me just give me your thoughts in a vague way.

unrelated but can you give me EPUB links for vol 15 onwards? I am unable to find them anywhere
Dec 4, 2021 7:02 AM

Jan 2017
ChitandaEru123 said:
unrelated but can you give me EPUB links for vol 15 onwards? I am unable to find them anywhere

Normal.

It's licensed in English by Seven Seas , and they just released Volume 14 recently.
Volume 15 will be released on 17th February 2022 , and as far as i know , there is no fan-translation for the Light Novel.
So you'll have to wait for it to be released , then pirated by someone before getting access to an .epub file.
"Genius lives only one storey above madness."
– Arthur Schopenhauer.

"Stupidity is a talent for misconception."
– Edgar Allan Poe.

"I'm tired... & hungry."
– Alexioos95.
Dec 4, 2021 7:17 AM
Jul 2018
ChitandaEru123 said:
Ceoneichi said:

You can read the web novel,if you really can't wait for the volume 15.

Jan 2015
Ceoneichi said:

I wouldn't call Mushoku Tensei a prologue, as it is the full story of Rudeus' life. And although the plot isn't all resolved, the ending feels conclusive and satisfying. The author still has to tie up the end of the light novel series and weave in all the side stories/epilogues from the original web novel, so we're not quite at the point of a sequel yet.
But it is true that he has expressed his desire to continue the story afterwards. There are certainly many avenues through which he could do that.
HapHazrDDec 4, 2021 7:23 AM
Mar 2021
Aren't there differences?. Also please send link for wn
Dec 4, 2021 7:25 AM
Jul 2018
ChitandaEru123 said:
Aren't there differences?. Also please send link for wn

The difference between ln and wn, isn't very big,other than volume 7 being ln original and some slight change in names of characters and places between ln and wn.

Here's the link.

https://readlightnovels.net/mushoku-tensei-wn.html
Dec 4, 2021 7:34 AM
Jul 2018
HapHazrD said:
Ceoneichi said:

I wouldn't call Mushoku Tensei a prologue, as it is the full story of Rudeus' life. And although the plot isn't all resolved, the ending feels conclusive and satisfying. The author still has to tie up the end of the light novel series and weave in all the side stories/epilogues from the original web novel, so we're not quite at the point of a sequel yet.
But it is true that he has expressed his desire to continue the story afterwards. There are certainly many avenues through which he could do that.

Well I seen people on twitter and 4chan talking about how mushoku tensei only focus on Rudeus perspective,so there are many things which hasn't been resolved yet
Dec 4, 2021 7:45 AM

Jan 2015
Ceoneichi said:
Well I seen people on twitter and 4chan talking about how mushoku tensei only focus on Rudeus perspective,so there are many things which hasn't been resolved yet

Not really. We know how the story finishes, just not all the details of how it plays out because it all happens in the future. Which is why a sequel is very easy to imagine.
Of course that all hinges on whether the author decides to end the light novel series the same way he did the webnovel. He might decide to write a more open-ended ending to pave the way for a sequel.
Dec 4, 2021 7:47 AM
Jul 2018
HapHazrD said:
Ceoneichi said:

Not really. We know how the story finishes, just not all the details of how it plays out because it all happens in the future. Which is why a sequel is very easy to imagine.
Of course that all hinges on whether the author decides to end the light novel series the same way he did the webnovel. He might decide to write a more open-ended ending to pave the way for a sequel.

It will be good,if we get a sequel
Dec 4, 2021 7:55 AM

Jan 2015
Ceoneichi said:

Honestly I'm fine either way. As I said earlier, the story felt complete enough to me and I've seen too many sequels that undermine the quality of the story they expand upon. But at the same time, I want to have faith in the author that he can continue delivering quality work, especially since he seems to have most of it planned out already.
What I will say is that, from the little we have seen of him in the epilogue of the webnovel, the prospective MC for the sequel doesn't seem as interesting as Rudeus is. But obviously that's just first impressions and speculation.
Dec 4, 2021 8:08 AM
Jul 2018
HapHazrD said:
Ceoneichi said:

Honestly I'm fine either way. As I said earlier, the story felt complete enough to me and I've seen too many sequels that undermine the quality of the story they expand upon. But at the same time, I want to have faith in the author that he can continue delivering quality work, especially since he seems to have most of it planned out already.
What I will say is that, from the little we have seen of him in the epilogue of the webnovel, the prospective MC for the sequel doesn't seem as interesting as Rudeus is. But obviously that's just first impressions and speculation.

If the quality remains the same as it is,I will happily welcome a sequel regardless of who the mc is,like Rudy says you should not judge a book by it's cover.

More topics from this board

» So about the ending [SPOILER ALERT]

NiQ1 - Mar 4

11 by Arkaniet »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Volume 24 Discussion (END) ( 1 2 )

-Karoshi- - Apr 4, 2015

70 by Junichi_Hashiba »»
Mar 20, 1:30 PM

» why the LN changed volume numbers?

TierraRobada - Feb 29

1 by Roy2Epic »»
Mar 1, 3:34 AM

» "Mushoku Tensei" LN Series by Yuka Fujikawa, Rifujin na Magonote has 14.85 million copies (including Manga, Spin-offs, Digital) in circulation.

deg - Feb 21

15 by _gt_ohn »»
Feb 29, 6:30 PM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Volume 11 Discussion

-Karoshi- - Aug 8, 2014

17 by TierraRobada »»
Feb 23, 1:32 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.