Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 2, 2021 6:58 AM

Nov 2011
Probably the episode with the most fan service ever in this anime so far. I have to admit, they deserved some time away from the usual dystopian cities.

Episode also gave Gagumber and Memenpu some quality time to spend together. They've really come so far in their adventures. I also love how chill Zackletu is this episode, almost like she's on a vacation or something.
Dec 2, 2021 7:54 AM

Jul 2017
While the actual world has some serious crisis going on, Gagumber, Memempu, Zackletu and Yuri went...for momentuous rest along the way, despite Memempu pressing forward to her dream destination and the death flag foreshadowing of her father.

The adults go all fanservice and vacation mode to the disdain of the daughter, and the Divine Wave's hand contributed to them being awashed to an unknown land. Even Memempu herself got into the fun by making things of Big Tony, but whatever she does it's not helping them to get out of the land.

Some quality time between father and daughter, and that helped with Memempu's smarts to finally get them out. In the midst of all these, getting saved by Merooro is just a given lols, but what's he doing here?

A good rest episode.
Dec 2, 2021 8:01 AM
Sep 2015
It's very funny when Gagumber drinking leaked water but the rest is too slow.
Dec 2, 2021 8:06 AM

Jun 2021
Memenpuu and co. are lost and sending out SOS signals. I think the scenario writers for this show are doing the same thing.

I really just don't know where this show is trying to go. What started out as a good father/daughter adventure show has really turned into a unfunny gag show without much of a plot.

Hopefully these villain-esque characters will add a little flare to the story.
Dec 2, 2021 8:42 AM

Jul 2011
Im still all in for Gagumber death .

Have a Tony than a Wilson. Upgrades.

A submarine carrier is awesome.
Dec 2, 2021 9:34 AM

Jun 2021
I made a list of complaints, but the show actually addressed them this episode. Like how we haven't seen the kaiju in a while, despite them being such a big threat. But we got one in a gag, so there's that.

I was annoyed at firs how they were apparently just going to ignore the fact that Zackletu tried to murder Gagumber and almost got Memempu killed. Like I know the characters forgave her, but brushing it aside and ignoring it would feel like a massive disconnect. But they did acknowledge it and even Memempu isn't 100% on how things have turned it. Though it looks like it won't leave any deep marks in their team dynamic.

Memempu's journey feels weirdly selfish though. She wants to find out why she dreams of her father dying, so she wants to go to the place where he'll die, and somehow prevent it. Instead of just putting her dream aside and trying to protect her father. It's weird that she never even thinks about giving up, especially when the show usually does call out her selfishness or inexperience.
Dec 2, 2021 10:42 AM
Nov 2019
I guess we got the obligatory beach episode with this one , zacklettu is definetly waifu material though
Dec 2, 2021 11:38 AM

May 2021
Great episode! Gagumber drinking the leaking water as fast as he could was funny and we got to see Zackletu in her swimwear! Was nice to see Some father and daughter time between Gagumber and Memempu and she cried because the papaya was so tasty. And... they used papaya fruit to generate electricity for their mech xD.

Looking forward to the next episode!
AISHITERU...REM!
Dec 2, 2021 4:00 PM
Jul 2018
Gagumber Bringing something makes it in a funny way with him drinking water at these times he's a good character I have to agree with that.
Dec 2, 2021 4:26 PM

Sep 2017
I mean basically just a self contained, light hearted episode. Think this show excels when it's not taking itself series.
Dec 2, 2021 4:45 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Introducing a possible antagonist or whatever so late into the game when there's only 3 episodes left, alrighty then

Idk about you but the balance and the flow between the comedic aspect and the more heartfelt moments doesn't exactly feel paced well. It feels like some fun dumb adventure and then out of nowhere they throw in an emotional heart-to-heart talk just because they need to check it off the list... don't really know how else to explain it.

Wanted this to have as much heart as the likes of something like gurren lagann, and that's seemingly what we were going to get as of the first one or two episodes. Then it proceeds to just be a mindless adventure flick, and the heart just seems to disappear. Idk, I'm rambling on now, basically I was hoping that the feels that they were trying to convey here, would not feel as if they were simply tacked on for the heck of it.

NYANPASU
5700XT

Dec 2, 2021 5:31 PM

Sep 2020
Before the flooding happened I was still feeling a little sour about the last episode but after the cast got stranded on the island and finally talked out a couple of their issues I changed my mind.
I still think episode eight was excessive in its climax but I can partially overlook it if the series goes for a ''Zackletu got it all out, Memempu understand and forgives her and Gagamba just say whatever'' resolution.
Dec 2, 2021 5:44 PM

Nov 2011
Best thing about this episode

Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Dec 2, 2021 6:21 PM

Aug 2020
Trapped in an isolated island, don't worry Merooro is here to save the day! New enemies are introduced. What could be their purpose?

» [The World's Continuation【世界のつづき】- UTA/Ado ♪] «
0:00 〇────── 4:55
↺ |◁ II ▷| ♡

Come and Join us!
Evil Club ψ
FuwaFuwa Sanctuary ✿
✿ DeaD Blossoms ✿
Dec 2, 2021 8:42 PM

Oct 2016
Pretty good episode! The show definitely is at it's best when it's just lighthearted fun. Best thing about the episode is Zacklettu's swimsuit though ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°).

Gaddamn, what the fuck are those masked Shibito guys made of.
Dec 3, 2021 1:20 AM
May 2019
Alot of people complain about Memempu but this episode essentially shouts out what I've been thinking about her character. She may be a super genius but she still a 9 year old and acts like one. I find this to be quite a good character trait because it's realistic.
Dec 3, 2021 1:22 AM
May 2019
BetaMaleUltra said:
Introducing a possible antagonist or whatever so late into the game when there's only 3 episodes left, alrighty then

Idk about you but the balance and the flow between the comedic aspect and the more heartfelt moments doesn't exactly feel paced well. It feels like some fun dumb adventure and then out of nowhere they throw in an emotional heart-to-heart talk just because they need to check it off the list... don't really know how else to explain it.

Wanted this to have as much heart as the likes of something like gurren lagann, and that's seemingly what we were going to get as of the first one or two episodes. Then it proceeds to just be a mindless adventure flick, and the heart just seems to disappear. Idk, I'm rambling on now, basically I was hoping that the feels that they were trying to convey here, would not feel as if they were simply tacked on for the heck of it.
it kind of feels like this show planned for a season 2 but didn't get approved yet.
Dec 3, 2021 1:25 AM
May 2019
kabooomi said:
I guess we got the obligatory beach episode with this one , zacklettu is definetly waifu material though
Now that it's happened every show I'm watching this season got a beach episode. Build Divide had one, Aquatope had one. Pride of orange had one. And even this show had one. Considering these shows were written in the summer you can tell the writers and art team had beach fever
Dec 3, 2021 4:31 AM
Oct 2019
hey papaya, one of my favorite fruit...

more father and daughter bonding moment.

Muro New Anatagonist? hmmm... we only have 3 episodes left right?
Dec 3, 2021 9:55 AM

Feb 2014
After the intensity we had last week, we're back to seeing the usual amusing shenanigans from our group. This time, they ended up on a deserted island with no internet or ways to power up their gear.

What we did get was some nice fanservice from Gagumber, Yuri and Zacklettu as they cooled off from the heat, especially Zacklettu as she looks pretty sexy in her white bikini. =P

Aside from that, we had time for a nice bonding moment with Gagumber and Memempu while they made an SOS for help, which did show the imperfections of Memempu. She's a genius, but she's still young after all. In the end, Merooro comes to their rescue on a bloody massive submarine, which was rather convenient if you ask me.

Overall, this was a rather good and amusing episode, although I won't be surprised if we get the serious episodes back very soon going by what the characters in the cloaks are doing, as was shown in this episode.
Dec 3, 2021 2:38 PM

Feb 2012
This some V for Vendatta shit going on. Ah the Fanservice bathing episode. Gagumber and Memempu finally have their moment. He acknowledges that despite their differences they are still family.

The Papaya's remind Memempu and Gagumber of the friends they lost but also helps them thanks to Memempu's ingenuity. I want to see more of the Dr. Stone type stuff from Memempu instead of the constant arguing.

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Dec 4, 2021 1:35 AM

May 2021
Damn, the math assumptions of the fruit batteries took me completely out of the episode -.-

Dec 4, 2021 3:42 PM
Mar 2018
Anyone else notice the "Fuxx Covid!!" graffiti on the right at 0:22 lol
Dec 4, 2021 4:52 PM

Nov 2012
To be clear, she believes her dream and is rushing forward to see if its true. Basically, she wants to see her dad be killed. The makings of an evil genius .
Dec 4, 2021 5:22 PM
Mar 2012
Their family talk near end was nice, finally she revealed the death dream & some mutual understanding, that he wont trust but will care instead, but still disagree how they handle psycho Zack.
Rest of ep like many episodes feel like writer got fired already or some rando scribbled this adventure plot.
The mask group seem interesting tho arrival a bit late.
Dec 4, 2021 7:48 PM

Jul 2016
Khunime said:
Trapped in an isolated island, don't worry Merooro is here to save the day! New enemies are introduced. What could be their purpose?

Seems like they are being added so slowly.
Dec 5, 2021 1:52 AM

May 2009
Memepoo not so kashkoi without google
Dec 5, 2021 4:36 AM

Mar 2011
Well, that was some tonal whiplash.

I do like how Zacklettu was so trivial about what happened last episode, calling it a tantrum, and how afterwards it just felt "all so silly", as if she hadn't been shooting at and using explosives on people.

I guess it's easier to forgive and forget when there are no real consequences, which in my eyes is in of itself a problem. I think it's fine for forgiveness, but there was really nothing that came out of that between Zacklettu and Gagumber? Gagumber didn't open up at all about what happened with her dad, and she was just ok with that? It just feels so cheap.

As others have said, I think it would have been better if the series had jut focused on the tongue in cheek and whacky antics rather than anything serious, because it can't really seem to take itself seriously, so why should we?

Talking of which, looks like the final antagonist is going to be pretty serious, uh oh...
Dec 5, 2021 7:15 PM

Dec 2017
It was nice to see Memepu and Gagumber have some genuine bonding moments, and talking together without bickering at one another. I feel like this is what their relationship has been building to.

I kinda feel bad for people who dropped this expecting episode 9 to be nothing but fanservice/filler.

The masked people remind me of the mysterious figure who killed Gagumber in Memepu's dream.
Dec 6, 2021 11:01 AM

Apr 2015
Memenpu talking some sense to herself.

I've already grown off this show I think. It's beyond saving.
Dec 7, 2021 3:53 PM

Apr 2008
We're really back to 90% filler right away? With 4 episodes left? And half the plot part involves brand new characters? The only redeeming part of this episode was the show remembering about kaiju, though apparently elaborate subs can go past them no problem. I'm done. The show is almost over, but my interest is gone. There's nothing they can do in 3 more episodes to make this work, and if it is going to have two seasons then all the more reason to get out.
Dec 8, 2021 5:20 PM

Dec 2020
YO zacklet may i ask for ur hand in marriage. you may have attempted to murder your teammate last episode and all around you're Very much a criminal but.. pretty lady .

really liked that last scene with memempu and gagumber, rly cute. meroro just had to ruin it tho but surprisingly im happy to see him
Dec 21, 2021 12:10 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Lost with no internet and electricity that's so worst, and they couldn't even have their beach episode because of the rain, though Memempu and Gagumber had a nice talk together, and it seems like things will move pretty soon
Jan 25, 2022 10:10 AM
Jul 2014
Bio said:
We're really back to 90% filler right away? With 4 episodes left? And half the plot part involves brand new characters? The only redeeming part of this episode was the show remembering about kaiju, though apparently elaborate subs can go past them no problem. I'm done. The show is almost over, but my interest is gone. There's nothing they can do in 3 more episodes to make this work, and if it is going to have two seasons then all the more reason to get out.

This is the kind of comments that makes me remember why I shouldn't engage in forum discussions of episode by episode stuff, or even worse look at them after the shows aired.
This show is far from being particularly good or well written, but to miss how the entire run of the series up to this point was episodic to show some different parts of the world and then conclude the major plot points is incredible.

Freaking hell, people unable to understand the concept of "episodic series" baffles me.
No offense buddy, but someone with 300+ completed show you should understand what they were going for.

Mind it: it doesn't mean that they did it "good", but what was the structure should be obvious.
Jan 25, 2022 9:20 PM

Apr 2008
Hyperversum said:
Bio said:

This is the kind of comments that makes me remember why I shouldn't engage in forum discussions of episode by episode stuff, or even worse look at them after the shows aired.
This show is far from being particularly good or well written, but to miss how the entire run of the series up to this point was episodic to show some different parts of the world and then conclude the major plot points is incredible.

Freaking hell, people unable to understand the concept of "episodic series" baffles me.
No offense buddy, but someone with 300+ completed show you should understand what they were going for.

Mind it: it doesn't mean that they did it "good", but what was the structure should be obvious.

Putting aside your making personal it for some reason, I'm not sure what you're trying to say. Because the show is largely episodic I should ignore that there is a plot line and the series reached a point where I gave up hope of it reaching any satisfying conclusion? As you admitted, Sakugan didn't actually do episodic very well, and it seems generous to suggest they even did much to develop the world. The episodic content was disappointing, so wanting to know where the plot would end up was a significant part of what kept me watching. That I probably should have given up sooner is fair, but it feels hard to drop after a certain amount of investment and the season this aired had little else to watch.
Feb 26, 2022 3:38 PM

Jul 2015
After the 'little tantrum' last episode, back to the wacky adventure by being stranded on an island... well at least Memempu told Gagumba on her dream

May 1, 2022 12:32 PM

Feb 2018
When the beach episode hits.. differently :P

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sakugan Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 23, 2021

67 by RioAl »»
Nov 3, 2023 11:27 PM

Poll: » Sakugan Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 5, 2021

113 by Destroyer31 »»
Oct 27, 2023 8:09 AM

» Will there be a second season?

LovelyTekki - Dec 27, 2021

5 by Ionliosite2 »»
Mar 13, 2023 12:36 PM

» yay or nay

Wlad- - Feb 8, 2019

33 by PulpoPol »»
Oct 18, 2022 7:50 PM

Poll: » Sakugan Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 16, 2021

39 by Titadou »»
Jul 14, 2022 3:57 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.