Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Dec 3, 2021 6:26 PM
Oct 2012
I can even smell the unbathed 4channers in the comments
Dec 3, 2021 7:45 PM
Apr 2021
Crcaker69420 said:
Treyv0n said:
ikr niggas mad bc we got 12 episodes all at once instead of it being released weekly, this whole thread is a clown thread too cause homie is making it seem like Stone Ocean is completely ruined or some shit LMAO niggas stay hating when something is popular just like how ppl are hating on Ranking of Kings💀💀💀💀
please bother reading the Twitter thread i linked
I did it's seems it’s about David Production's internal issues? + I’ve watched all 12 episodes and I still think you’re overreacting my guy, there’s barely any still frames, and animation is pretty smooth, they did the manhattan transfer fight was perfect asf, maybe you didn’t like how there wasn’t friendly banter between characters whenever a fight is over or some shit but overall imo shits nice and beautiful. And yes Netflix should give animators time to work on projects but nothing happened in part 6 that was significant enough that it validates making a thread it’s pretty pointless cause your initial problem you have ain’t serious at all. What things have the other seasons done that part 6 hasn’t done? I rewatched parts 1-5 just the beginning of October last month and just finished part 5 before stone ocean aired and I’ll tell you rn each part has they’re fair share of still frame shots, i think they nailed everything and that you’re just complaining to complain tbh🤷🏽‍♂️
Treyv0nDec 3, 2021 8:04 PM
Dec 3, 2021 9:51 PM
Nov 2021
Treyv0n said:
Crcaker69420 said:
please bother reading the Twitter thread i linked
I did it's seems it’s about David Production's internal issues? + I’ve watched all 12 episodes and I still think you’re overreacting my guy, there’s barely any still frames, and animation is pretty smooth, they did the manhattan transfer fight was perfect asf, maybe you didn’t like how there wasn’t friendly banter between characters whenever a fight is over or some shit but overall imo shits nice and beautiful. And yes Netflix should give animators time to work on projects but nothing happened in part 6 that was significant enough that it validates making a thread it’s pretty pointless cause your initial problem you have ain’t serious at all. What things have the other seasons done that part 6 hasn’t done? I rewatched parts 1-5 just the beginning of October last month and just finished part 5 before stone ocean aired and I’ll tell you rn each part has they’re fair share of still frame shots, i think they nailed everything and that you’re just complaining to complain tbh🤷🏽‍♂️
i stated this already real lack of good creative storyboards and quirky animation which is trademark of jojo and bruh still frames are lot more in this season if some stuff looks "good"on screen doesn't means that production was given a healthy amount of time credits make picture clear and in this case there are tons of 2md key animation companies involved especially in ep5 which clearly shows that production was rushed and.messy
Crcaker69420Dec 4, 2021 12:06 AM
Dec 3, 2021 9:54 PM
Nov 2021
Shoryuuken said:
Crcaker69420 said:
lack of inspired storyboards and fun quriky animation which defined jojo kato the series director has storyboarded really nice sequences previously but this time it all feels like yeah they are just trying to animate stuff (which is still not that good compared to prev seasons) instead of doing crafty and inspired storyboarding which works even with very limited animation which we've seen in previous seasons

I don't see any of the problems you've listed, animation wise it matches 5 if not better. But you're entitled to your view, too bad you're not enjoying it
ask any animation commentator he can show you thuosnads of things wrong with animation in this season even many normal ppl can see it idk man how you watch a show like bu completely being ignorant
Dec 4, 2021 3:40 AM

Sep 2017
Broo seethe and cope they made it perfectly. Nothing like listening to screams of the haters
خ
Dec 4, 2021 3:49 AM
Nov 2021
Fatephile said:
Broo seethe and cope they made it perfectly. Nothing like listening to screams of the haters
noone is coping setting stop supporting big corporates who exploit animators lol
Dec 4, 2021 5:20 AM

May 2009
Crcaker69420 said:
Shoryuuken said:

I don't see any of the problems you've listed, animation wise it matches 5 if not better. But you're entitled to your view, too bad you're not enjoying it
ask any animation commentator he can show you thuosnads of things wrong with animation in this season even many normal ppl can see it idk man how you watch a show like bu completely being ignorant

See this is where you are not taken seriously anymore, after that insightful post you have to post bullcrap like this lol. Now your entire statement has been thrown into the bin.
Dec 4, 2021 7:31 AM
Nov 2021
Shoryuuken said:
Crcaker69420 said:

See this is where you are not taken seriously anymore, after that insightful post you have to post bullcrap like this lol. Now your entire statement has been thrown into the bin.
Shoryuuken said:
Crcaker69420 said:

nice conuter argument lol i like how ppl mindless defend stuff even when it is painfully obvious that production was rushed just scroll up and you will se two tweets posted which really tells about the situation if not that look at the credits at end of episode everything is in front of you if you still wanna remain ignorant can't do anything about it
Dec 4, 2021 10:28 AM

Nov 2019
MegamiRem said:
Mattinator95 said:

Other seasons have had stiff animation and still scenes
I watched the first four seasons long ago so I dun remember em clearly but it hasn't been that long since Golden Wind aired and I dun remember the stiff animation/still scenes bothering me this much.
i rewatched few of jojo part 4 eps recently because they are being aired on muse asia right now and compared to that i think part 6 definitely has better animation,dont really remember part 5 tho beacause it has been almost 1.5 years since i last saw it.
Dec 4, 2021 5:01 PM
Jan 2020
Crcaker69420 said:
Shoryuuken said:

Shoryuuken said:

nice conuter argument lol i like how ppl mindless defend stuff even when it is painfully obvious that production was rushed just scroll up and you will se two tweets posted which really tells about the situation if not that look at the credits at end of episode everything is in front of you if you still wanna remain ignorant can't do anything about it

Mate we don’t care. Part 6 is fire regardless.
Dec 4, 2021 5:15 PM

Mar 2019
It's netflix, what do you expect. This thread will do absolutely nothing about Netlix's distribution problems, and even then, they're only a licensor, nothing more. So quit whining and enjoy, it's literally not even bad at all LMAO, overreacting for no reason. Blu ray will eventually release anyway
Dec 5, 2021 5:27 AM

May 2009
Crcaker69420 said:
Shoryuuken said:

Shoryuuken said:

You're not contructive, and people who aren't constructive are reflective in the behavior they're showing themselves, you don't know me and I sure as hell am glad I don't know you. Go back to your basement and rage about the fact your supersight can see every possible flaw there could possibly be in the animation of this series. However lose me with that kumbaya elitist bullshit, not with me, not with me ever. :) You've had your chance pointing some things out as I was pretty curious, but you didn't because you couldn't. Perfect reflection of this half assed fake account you've created to avoid embarassement, don't talk to me until you quote me with your real profile. <3
ShoryuukenDec 5, 2021 5:34 AM
Dec 5, 2021 7:54 AM
Nov 2021
Shoryuuken said:
Crcaker69420 said:

You're not contructive, and people who aren't constructive are reflective in the behavior they're showing themselves, you don't know me and I sure as hell am glad I don't know you. Go back to your basement and rage about the fact your supersight can see every possible flaw there could possibly be in the animation of this series. However lose me with that kumbaya elitist bullshit, not with me, not with me ever. :) You've had your chance pointing some things out as I was pretty curious, but you didn't because you couldn't. Perfect reflection of this half assed fake account you've created to avoid embarassement, don't talk to me until you quote me with your real profile. <3
elitist bullshit lol no well i think you should read a informative article on this https://blog.sakugabooru.com/ ;) happy now read it then quote my message
Dec 5, 2021 7:56 AM

May 2009
Crcaker69420 said:
Shoryuuken said:

elitist bullshit lol no well i think you should read a informative article on this https://blog.sakugabooru.com/ ;) happy now read it then quote my message

I'll read it, but I'll still disregard your non constructive comment as BS as you can't even describe yourself why this adaptation is lacking. You're relying on outside sources instead of vorming your own opinion. This is the end of this discussion, now weep in a corner.

EDIT: LITERALLY nowhere is the author telling that Stone Ocean is a catosrophic failure as you were describing, piss off.
ShoryuukenDec 5, 2021 8:02 AM
Dec 5, 2021 7:57 AM
Nov 2021
hayzi said:
It's netflix, what do you expect. This thread will do absolutely nothing about Netlix's distribution problems, and even then, they're only a licensor, nothing more. So quit whining and enjoy, it's literally not even bad at all LMAO, overreacting for no reason. Blu ray will eventually release anyway
not saying you shouldn't enjoy it but knoweldege is power i hate it when ppl mindlessly defend huge corporates cause their lack of knowledge about how stuff works in industry if we kept supporting them they will continue to exploit animators as they are doing maybe I'm being too ambitious but i think if us fans raise our voices against this maybe we can see them giving proper amount of time to animation staff in future projects
Dec 5, 2021 9:11 AM
Nov 2021
Shoryuuken said:
Crcaker69420 said:

I'll read it, but I'll still disregard your non constructive comment as BS as you can't even describe yourself why this adaptation is lacking. You're relying on outside sources instead of vorming your own opinion. This is the end of this discussion, now weep in a corner.

EDIT: LITERALLY nowhere is the author telling that Stone Ocean is a catosrophic failure as you were describing, piss off.
kek i can feel that you are coping . And about that not making my own opinion thing I'm nkt really good at explaining stuff and my English sucks ass that's why i linked article lol
Dec 5, 2021 9:44 AM

May 2009
Crcaker69420 said:
Shoryuuken said:

kek i can feel that you are coping . And about that not making my own opinion thing I'm nkt really good at explaining stuff and my English sucks ass that's why i linked article lol

I'm not even defending part 6, you have the abillity to reply to me, the abillity to start an entire topic; meaning you have the abillity to properly explain why 6 is lacking in certain regards. Now you send me a website, which I have thorougly read which isn´t discrediting part 6 to the degree like you are telling me. Certainly all the Jojo parts have its share of animation errors, no need for me to cope. I think you're the one who's coping with the fact most of the watchers wouldn't ever notice what you're notice. Like I said, reflecting behavior.

Cope and have a nice day.
Dec 5, 2021 10:49 AM
Nov 2021
Shoryuuken said:
Crcaker69420 said:

I'm not even defending part 6, you have the abillity to reply to me, the abillity to start an entire topic; meaning you have the abillity to properly explain why 6 is lacking in certain regards. Now you send me a website, which I have thorougly read which isn´t discrediting part 6 to the degree like you are telling me. Certainly all the Jojo parts have its share of animation errors, no need for me to cope. I think you're the one who's coping with the fact most of the watchers wouldn't ever notice what you're notice. Like I said, reflecting behavior.

article proved my point of how bad schedule hugely affects the animation of a project and i'm not the only one who is noticing errors in animation there are so many others yes previous jojos had limited animation but the good storyboards made up for them which even work with limited animation
Dec 5, 2021 11:15 AM
Nov 2021
In January the regular Japan episodes will be releasing weekly and probably in March we will have weekly episodes starting from episode 13 if you had already watched the 12 on Netflix which should bring back JoJo Fridays.
Dec 5, 2021 4:41 PM

May 2009
Crcaker69420 said:
Shoryuuken said:

article proved my point of how bad schedule hugely affects the animation of a project and i'm not the only one who is noticing errors in animation there are so many others yes previous jojos had limited animation but the good storyboards made up for them which even work with limited animation

Cope, we all enjoy it. Cope.
Dec 5, 2021 8:15 PM
Nov 2021
Shoryuuken said:
Crcaker69420 said:

never said you shouldn't enjoy it
Dec 5, 2021 8:20 PM

Mar 2019
Crcaker69420 said:
hayzi said:
not saying you shouldn't enjoy it but knoweldege is power i hate it when ppl mindlessly defend huge corporates cause their lack of knowledge about how stuff works in industry if we kept supporting them they will continue to exploit animators as they are doing maybe I'm being too ambitious but i think if us fans raise our voices against this maybe we can see them giving proper amount of time to animation staff in future projects
I mean tbh you have a valid point. Companies should be held responsible for poor treatment towards animators, but i still feel the work should be enjoyed since countless hours were put into it if that makes sense. Change takes time, and the anime industry has had this issue for fucking years, but small steps are being taken. Also my bad if I came off disrespectful, I just want people to enjoy some jojo's, but I get your frustration
Dec 6, 2021 4:25 AM

May 2009
Crcaker69420 said:
Shoryuuken said:

never said you shouldn't enjoy it

I wonder why you were lashing out on me in the first place whilst I never denied your claims were untrue. I geniunly wondered but in return I get a bunch of bullshit in my inbox. Something that's obvious to you is not obvious to me, when I say I do not notice these errors I'm 100% serious. There is no ulterior motive, I legit don't have time for this shit. I'm going to enjoy this series regardless and I AM satisfied.
Dec 6, 2021 4:51 AM

Dec 2018
If you'd like to watch JJBA on a weekly basis then no one is stopping you, and for the people who like to binge watch they now have the option to do so a bit earlier
Dec 6, 2021 5:42 AM
Jan 2020
MegamiRem said:
Veronin said:

Are you sure it's even being ruined in the first place? I've watched 4 episodes of a JoJo that is on par with all the previous series. Better in some regards, actually, since it doesn't have a shoestring budget like it did in the first season.

Just seems to me like more of Twitter crying over self-constructed issues.
I've watched all 12 episodes and I can confirm the production quality is not on par with the previous seasons. There were many still scenes and animation wasn't stable.
There were some issues with the animation here and there, but I fail to see how this is the fault of Netflix since they don't have much say over the schedule of the team that's working on it. Netflix only releases the episodes. And people who are crying about the CGI can go back to twitter, since it wasn't half bad.
Dec 6, 2021 6:06 AM
Sep 2014
I mean it is not really hard to prove that this part has way less animation than part 5. Go on Sakugabooru and look up the number of animation cuts uploaded. Part 5 has about 150 cuts for 39 episodes. In comparison part 6 has 20 for 12 episodes. This means part 5 is at least 3 times denser in animation compared to part 6 (Not the best comparison but gives an idea about the animation density. It is better to compare episode by episode but nobody has time for this).

This is of course not taking into account the quality of corrections and on-model stills which part 6 really suffered from. Also way more reliance on CGI even for full characters that are clearly noticeable.

It is fine if you enjoyed this adaptation, but pretending that there are no issues in scheduling or overall quality is being naive or willfully ignorant. If you are really a Jojo fan you should be pissed that they shafted the director and the whole project like that for some unannounced project in the studio or that Netflix applied pressure to have all the episodes done too early that some of them look clearly unfinished.
Dec 6, 2021 7:20 PM
Nov 2021
imagodlikeBeerus said:
If you'd like to watch JJBA on a weekly basis then no one is stopping you, and for the people who like to binge watch they now have the option to do so a bit earlier
well again not the main point of this thread
Dec 6, 2021 7:23 PM
Nov 2021
Maher_Rayes said:
I mean it is not really hard to prove that this part has way less animation than part 5. Go on Sakugabooru and look up the number of animation cuts uploaded. Part 5 has about 150 cuts for 39 episodes. In comparison part 6 has 20 for 12 episodes. This means part 5 is at least 3 times denser in animation compared to part 6 (Not the best comparison but gives an idea about the animation density. It is better to compare episode by episode but nobody has time for this).

This is of course not taking into account the quality of corrections and on-model stills which part 6 really suffered from. Also way more reliance on CGI even for full characters that are clearly noticeable.

It is fine if you enjoyed this adaptation, but pretending that there are no issues in scheduling or overall quality is being naive or willfully ignorant. If you are really a Jojo fan you should be pissed that they shafted the director and the whole project like that for some unannounced project in the studio or that Netflix applied pressure to have all the episodes done too early that some of them look clearly unfinished.
exactly what i wanted to say but ppl aren't getting my point
Dec 7, 2021 12:40 AM
Nov 2021
Crcaker69420 said:
LiamLeine said:
How? They release half and wait like 20 days and release the next half. What's so sitty about that scedule??
im not talking about release schedule I'm talking about time given to animatiors for animating stuff if they relased eps on weekly basis there was chance that the final product will be way better than what it currently is sorry for any grammatical errors
gotcha, i see. Well i agree now. Thanks for enlightening me in the ways of Netflix's death march type schedule
Dec 7, 2021 1:32 AM
Jan 2018
Dave productions is much at fault then Netflix is the tweet even says how the new studio head affected production.

Mattinator95Dec 7, 2021 1:38 AM
Dec 7, 2021 8:14 AM

Feb 2021
In the Japanese schedule on TV there is 13th episode that will start airing on the 1st of April: http://cal.syoboi.jp/tid/6186/time
MemoreDec 7, 2021 8:19 AM
Dec 7, 2021 9:35 AM
Jun 2020
As an anime only enjoyer, I don't really care if they released 12 ep in 1 month or 1 ep in 1 week, I think u guys will concern that other anime took the spotlight coz they be doing 1 week 1 ep. Me too, here in Indonesia, Jojo doesn't get recognized, they (anituber/admins,etc) still don't want to discuss Jojo even tho it's airing right now & that's a great chance to get Jojo some recognition here. All I'm saying just enjoy & be grateful that we got SO adaptation. Respect to DP staff, Araki sensei & others
Dec 7, 2021 9:54 AM

Jul 2015
THAT'S HOW THE LAW WORKS

Dec 7, 2021 7:44 PM
Nov 2021
Mattinator95 said:
Dave productions is much at fault then Netflix is the tweet even says how the new studio head affected production.

and Netflix made things even worse notice sentence "silly streaming demands"
Dec 7, 2021 11:03 PM

Dec 2020
It's funny how so many people here don't get the point of this thread and are telling the OP to watch one episode a week. OP isn't complaining about that.
It is undeniable that the production value isn't on par with the usual JoJo standards. So many unnecessary still images, random cuts, etc. There is also the reliance on CGI models (again, not saying that the CGI was bad but this shows that the production was clearly rushed).
Some episodes clearly look unfinished. There is still work to be done. Hopefully the TV version or the Blu-Ray will fix the problems. Everything can't be fixed but atleast some.
This doesn't mean that you shouldn't enjoy the show. I enjoyed it too. But to say that the animation quality and production is on par with Part 5 is just being ignorant and dismissing the obvious lack of quality, especially compared to the previous parts.
Dec 8, 2021 5:14 AM

Feb 2017
I mean, when you look at the 86 (Eighty Six) episodes that were delayed to allow the team to work more on them, it is obvious that when a studio or the committee chooses to release 12 episodes at the same time, a month before the Japanese TV broadcast, of course it will have an impact on the quality unless they have a very good schedule. (it's probably not only because of that, I don't know much about anime production)
So yeah it sucks when an anime is pick by Netlfix but they must pay verry well if they accept these conditions.
No_meaningDec 8, 2021 5:30 AM
Dec 8, 2021 5:22 AM

Sep 2009
Scordolo said:
I don't get why their schedule just be like any other streaming platform like Crunchyroll.

Because the licence was sold to netflix by warner brothers before they sold Crunchy to sony.
Dec 8, 2021 6:02 AM

Sep 2009
Let me ask people this. How is this any different from when an anime is spilt into 2 cours across 2 season that can be even up to a year for the second part to come out?

Be patience.
Dec 9, 2021 8:40 PM
Nov 2021
komic said:
Let me ask people this. How is this any different from when an anime is spilt into 2 cours across 2 season that can be even up to a year for the second part to come out?

Be patience.
huh what are you trying to say
Dec 12, 2021 2:08 PM
Apr 2021
Crcaker69420 said:
Treyv0n said:
i stated this already real lack of good creative storyboards and quirky animation which is trademark of jojo and bruh still frames are lot more in this season if some stuff looks "good"on screen doesn't means that production was given a healthy amount of time credits make picture clear and in this case there are tons of 2md key animation companies involved especially in ep5 which clearly shows that production was rushed and.messy
I forgot about this thread bite since I’m here I’ve finished stone ocean and yes while there were some still frame shots it wasn’t even that bad how you claimed it to be, the animation and art looks superb compared to parts 3 & 4. You just complaining for no reason cope my guy
Dec 12, 2021 3:55 PM

Dec 2015
nexuro01 said:
I’d rather binge whole season at once or watch series weekly. Instead i have to deal with some clusterfuck of an abomination that mixes both in a shitty way. I just hope we have to wait only 1 month and not 3 in order to get another 12 episodes.

dont get it if you get 12 episodes every 3 month, or 12 episodes over 3 month weekly,
does it make any difference? no
and i prefer the second option.

and you can always just watch 1 episodes per week, i guess it "harder".
because you do prefer watching it in one sitting.

honestly i hate weekly,
for the past year i just watch anime from past season, when the are complete.
Dec 12, 2021 4:11 PM
Jul 2018
I'll wait for the fansubs with the correct names first.
Dec 12, 2021 8:27 PM
Nov 2021
Treyv0n said:
Crcaker69420 said:
I forgot about this thread bite since I’m here I’ve finished stone ocean and yes while there were some still frame shots it wasn’t even that bad how you claimed it to be, the animation and art looks superb compared to parts 3 & 4. You just complaining for no reason cope my guy
ok think as you wish not gonna repeat same thing again and again
Dec 14, 2021 1:55 AM

Jun 2012
I just hate what the Netflix model has done for anime overall. Not just JoJo
If people don't remember or hopped into JoJo late, JoJo S1 was UNLICENSED when it originally aired and Crunchyroll only picked it up late into the first season near the end of Part 2 due to the word of mouth it was getting around the internet.

The show's fanbase grew organically in the West with each part not only due to each season mostly topping one another as they aired but CR smartly knew how to market it with social media because they genuinely loved it. The organic word of mouth turned watching each new episode of JoJo into an event that lasted for 6+ months each time JoJo came back thanks to it airing weekly. Most series wish they could pay for something like that.

But now with the new release schedule, it's just consumed all in one go and forgotten about. To Netflix, JoJo is just another series to increase their subscription numbers and that's a damn shame.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken Part 6: Stone Ocean Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Rob7 - Dec 1, 2021

153 by CrackedYolk »»
Apr 14, 10:32 PM

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken Part 6: Stone Ocean Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

anime-prime - Dec 1, 2021

114 by Sexyjutsu »»
Apr 13, 4:50 PM

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken Part 6: Stone Ocean Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

LERAGEUXENAMARRE - Dec 1, 2021

78 by aod-kun »»
Feb 23, 2:33 AM

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken Part 6: Stone Ocean Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Aronics - Dec 1, 2021

57 by aod-kun »»
Feb 22, 4:27 AM

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken Part 6: Stone Ocean Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Aronics - Dec 1, 2021

75 by aod-kun »»
Feb 21, 3:27 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.