Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Dec 1, 2021 9:46 AM
Jan 2021

Komugi said that she has no purpose apart from playing gungi
She also said that she plays in competitions so she can win and make money for her family member's survival.... Now that she has chosen to die alongside Meruem, what will become of her family members

There was nothing stating her family members are dead
Dec 1, 2021 10:34 AM
Jan 2021
The chimera ants probably killed her family when they captured her. They were gonna get killed in the selection anyway. Either that, or her passion for Gungi was more powerful than her love for her family.
Dec 1, 2021 10:56 AM

Jul 2021
that's, not a plot hole just a question. i guess she no longer cares about her family considering how she said they don't respect her

Dec 1, 2021 11:00 AM
Mar 2021
There can me many explanations for that
Dec 1, 2021 11:01 AM
Jun 2021
Yeah seems like an ”oversight” Meruem would rather not bother with as unless they’re exceptionally talented - they’re food.
Odds are he never asked what happened to them and never had the thought to do so
Dec 1, 2021 11:28 AM
Oct 2017
lelouch4britanni said:

She also said that she plays in competitions so she can win and make money for her family member's survival.... Now that she has chosen to die alongside Meruem, what will become of her family members

how is it a plot hole? Do you even know what a plot hole is bro? This is just a left out part
Dec 1, 2021 11:46 AM
Jan 2021
BloodyTaer said:
lelouch4britanni said:

how is it a plot hole? Do you even know what a plot hole is bro? This is just a left out part
so it's not a plot hole?
The plot basically just contradicted itself
Besides I didn't say its a plot hole I said it's a possible plot hole
I'm looking for explanations
Dec 1, 2021 12:01 PM
Oct 2017
lelouch4britanni said:
BloodyTaer said:
so it's not a plot hole?
The plot basically just contradicted itself
Besides I didn't say its a plot hole I said it's a possible plot hole
I'm looking for explanations
well she considered meruem as a dear friend, and her only purpose in life is playing gungi, so she just wants to die alogside him while playing gungi, she clearely doesn't care about her family that much then
Dec 1, 2021 12:11 PM

Jun 2021
Didn't she say that she thought that she would be nothing but a burden for her family if she lost at gungi?
Dec 1, 2021 12:24 PM
Nov 2021
Its an overall shit arc lmao. Single small plothole doesn't compare to all of it making me regret ever wasting time with the show
Dec 1, 2021 12:50 PM

Jan 2014
Y’all need to learn to discern the difference between plot holes and unresolved situations/information simply not divulged.
Dec 1, 2021 12:57 PM

Apr 2020
I don't think you really understand what a Plothole is....
Dec 1, 2021 1:06 PM
Jan 2021
Merve2Love said:
Yooo
All you hunter x hunter fans coming at me saying I don't know what a plot hole is
Try to civil please
I didn't say its a plot hole, I said it's a possible plot hole

Besides doesn't an unresolved plot point count as a plot hole?
Hunter x hunter has so many of those though

If you really think it's not a plot hole
You can try explaining why...
Dec 1, 2021 1:06 PM
Jan 2021
x1drownd said:
Y’all need to learn to discern the difference between plot holes and unresolved situations/information simply not divulged.
Yooo
All you hunter x hunter fans coming at me saying I don't know what a plot hole is
Try to civil please

Dec 1, 2021 1:09 PM
Jan 2021
mohamedo_abuduru said:
Didn't she say that she thought that she would be nothing but a burden for her family if she lost at gungi?

Yes
She said that too..................
Dec 1, 2021 1:43 PM
Jul 2018
ibraballs said:
Its an overall shit arc lmao. Single small plothole doesn't compare to all of it making me regret ever wasting time with the show

Nobody give a shit about your opinion about that arc in this specific topic, dude just asked about possibility of plot hole that all and you trying to start a smoke.
removed-userDec 1, 2021 1:48 PM
Dec 1, 2021 2:43 PM
May 2021
lelouch4britanni said:
Merve2Love said:
Yooo
Try to civil please

I mean there has been many answers already, they maybe just don’t want to reiterate what has already been said and questioning whether this topic really contradicts the show’s own logic (which is really more what a plot hole is, I mean according to the internet at least). So what is one of the many plot holes that HxH has?
Dec 1, 2021 2:45 PM
May 2021
ibraballs said:
Bruh, you didn’t have to say that, but I’m sorry you feel that way about one of the best anime arc I’ve ever watched IMO
Dec 1, 2021 2:55 PM
Jan 2021
Cap_Slayer2weeb said:
lelouch4britanni said:
Yooo
Try to civil please

I mean there has been many answers already, they maybe just don’t want to reiterate what has already been said and questioning whether this topic really contradicts the show’s own logic (which is really more what a plot hole is, I mean according to the internet at least). So what is one of the many plot holes that HxH has?
alright ill tell you some things I think are plot holes I'll write as I remember

First is nen
How didn't Killua know about nen when his whole family are masters of nen
It wasn't even used or foreshadowed during the hunter exams
It seems to me that the author just thought about nen after the first 2 arcs and randomly inserted it.

Another thing I found was how Gon and Killua were still 12 years old even after more than 17 months passed after they got their hunter's licence.

There's more.. But I remember these 2 for now
Dec 1, 2021 2:59 PM
Mar 2021
lelouch4britanni said:

not really a plot hole more like something up for discussion but while taking her they probably killed her family
Dec 1, 2021 2:59 PM
Mar 2021
lelouch4britanni said:

not really a plot hole more like something up for discussion but while taking her they probably killed her family
Dec 1, 2021 3:05 PM
Jan 2021
Marl3y1629 said:
lelouch4britanni said:

wouldn't you call that at least bad writing.. I think it's an important plot point regarding the end of the arc and her decision to die beside Meruem
Dec 1, 2021 3:20 PM
May 2021
lelouch4britanni said:
Cap_Slayer2weeb said:
alright ill tell you some things I think are plot holes I'll write as I remember

First is nen
It seems to me that the author just thought about nen after the first 2 arcs and randomly inserted it.

Another thing I found was how Gon and Killua were still 12 years old even after more than 17 months passed after they got their hunter's licence.

Okay that is good one, i also thought of that, I mean its up to ur interpretation but I am more inclined to believe that his family didn't teach him nen because A) they wanted him to learn it himself as he is going to be the next head of the Zoldycks B) He would be too difficult to control (probably would have removed Illumi's needle sooner) since he's already rebellious and Silva and Illumi have there own plan for him C) Maybe it really is a plot hole and the author hadn't tought (hey hxh is not perfect even an avid fan like myself can admit that) BUT there are some foreshadowing of nen in the exams, like when Illumi confront Killua in the last stage of the exams, didn't Gon technically use Zetsu to hide and follow hisoka? But yeah, the foreshawdoing for nen was very obscure if there was any of it. Oh and apparently for the age thing, the manga stated that Gon was ALMOST 12 in the beginning of the series while the anime just said he was 12 and said that again during the chimera ant arc which would not make sense since these events are about a year apart so another adaptation mistake (the 2011 version didn't well adapt the first chapters of the manga making Kite's relationship with Gon weaker than it truly was) but by the end of the show they are both almost 14, but the show didn't seem to focus much on it so idk why that would be one of the many plotholes u remember, but what else?
Dec 1, 2021 5:16 PM
Jan 2021
Cap_Slayer2weeb said:
lelouch4britanni said:

First is nen

Okay that is good one, i also thought of that, I mean its up to ur interpretation but I am more inclined to believe that his family didn't teach him nen because A) they wanted him to learn it himself as he is going to be the next head of the Zoldycks B) He would be too difficult to control (probably would have removed Illumi's needle sooner) since he's already rebellious and Silva and Illumi have there own plan for him C) Maybe it really is a plot hole and the author hadn't tought (hey hxh is not perfect even an avid fan like myself can admit that) BUT there are some foreshadowing of nen in the exams, like when Illumi confront Killua in the last stage of the exams, didn't Gon technically use Zetsu to hide and follow hisoka? But yeah, the foreshawdoing for nen was very obscure if there was any of it. Oh and apparently for the age thing, the manga stated that Gon was ALMOST 12 in the beginning of the series while the anime just said he was 12 and said that again during the chimera ant arc which would not make sense since these events are about a year apart so another adaptation mistake (the 2011 version didn't well adapt the first chapters of the manga making Kite's relationship with Gon weaker than it truly was) but by the end of the show they are both almost 14, but the show didn't seem to focus much on it so idk why that would be one of the many plotholes u remember, but what else?
for the nen plot hole I just used Killua as an example but it was as if nen didn't even exist during the exam arc.

Okay maybe the age plot hole isn't actually a plot hole then
I haven't read the manga

When I remember some I'll add,,, it's been quite some time since I watched it
I'll have to go and revisit the show

since its even shown the country the chimera ants occupied was isolated from the rest of the world
And chairman netero blew himself up which eventually killed Meruem
The hunter association surely have access to skilled nen users who can locate and save humans remaining in the country

Why did they just blow up the isolated country and take down all the chimera ants at once?
lelouch4britanniDec 1, 2021 6:03 PM
Dec 1, 2021 5:35 PM

Sep 2021
lelouch4britanni said:

Yes it was not confirmed that they are dead but that doesn't mean they are alive. Her worst nightmare would be to be alive and a burden on her family, which is why she was prepared to take her own life if she lost at Gungi. Komugi's family, of which there are 12 siblings, doesn't need her to support them. They are the ones who have to support her if she doesn't play Gungi. Because they have actual jobs, and she is blind and useless. So even though she chose to die with Meruem and no longer earn money for the family, she isn't a burden on them. You also could say that the love she felt from Meruem was stronger than her desire to support her family. Meruem isn't the only one who is going through character development.
Dec 1, 2021 5:53 PM
Jan 2021
Althaf_ said:
lelouch4britanni said:

Yes it was not confirmed that they are dead but that doesn't mean they are alive. Her worst nightmare would be to be alive and a burden on her family, which is why she was prepared to take her own life if she lost at Gungi. Komugi's family, of which there are 12 siblings, doesn't need her to support them. They are the ones who have to support her if she doesn't play Gungi. Because they have actual jobs, and she is blind and useless. So even though she chose to die with Meruem and no longer earn money for the family, she isn't a burden on them. You also could say that the love she felt from Meruem was stronger than her desire to support her family. Meruem isn't the only one who is going through character development.

Yeah this is a good take
I thought she said that she supports them by playing gungi

Anyway a lot of info regarding her family was left out
Dec 1, 2021 5:53 PM
Dec 2020
lelouch4britanni said:

do you even know what plot hole means?
Dec 1, 2021 5:55 PM

Apr 2020
@lelouch4britanni

Wait...I wasn't "civil" by simply questioning your initial point?

Also...a "possible plothole" does not refer or relate to the general Idea of what a plothole is? o.O

My Bad then....

To answer your Question: No. An unsolved/unexplained Event inside a (not even finished) Story does not make a plothole. Im sorry.

Dec 1, 2021 6:09 PM
Jan 2021
Merve2Love said:
@lelouch4britanni

Also...a "possible plothole" does not refer or relate to the general Idea of what a plothole is? o.O

My Bad then....

To answer your Question: No. An unsolved/unexplained Event inside a (not even finished) Story does not make a plothole. Im sorry.

From my Google search, a plot hole is any inconsistency in the plot of a story.
Komugi choosing to die even after what she said is a inconsistency. It contradicts her character.
Besides Komugi is dead, her character arc is over, the chimera ant arc is also over.

Except the author decides to reconcile that plot point about what happened to her family in the future, which is very unlikely
I believe that's an inconsistency because it is an important plot point for an important decision which shapes the end of the story arc
Dec 1, 2021 6:15 PM
Nov 2021
keep in mind how much her family mistreats her they don’t respect her and just use her to win tournaments, Meruem is someone who appreciates her and her talent the first person to do so. So of course she would stay with Meruem because he appreciates her for who she is as no one else in her life would. Additionally she sees herself as a burden to her family which is why she would take her life if she ever lost at gungi because she would have exceeded her usefulness, so it’s no wonder she is willing to die with the one and only person who showed her compassion. So no it’s not a plot inconsistency.
Abe_26Dec 1, 2021 6:18 PM
Dec 1, 2021 6:36 PM

Apr 2020
lelouch4britanni said:
Merve2Love said:
@lelouch4britanni

My Bad then....

From my Google search, a plot hole is any inconsistency in the plot of a story.
Komugi choosing to die even after what she said is a inconsistency. It contradicts her character.
Besides Komugi is dead, her character arc is over, the chimera ant arc is also over.

Except the author decides to reconcile that plot point about what happened to her family in the future, which is very unlikely
I believe that's an inconsistency because it is an important plot point for an important decision which shapes the end of the story arc

I think you fundamentally misunderstood Komugis whole Story with her Family. She didn't wanted to be useless or a burden. Death is like her absolution at this point - she's free from proving her worth to her parents, by earning money.

It's not a plothole. There are explainations to why she could've been satisfied with Death, in the End. The Parents even might've been killed by the Ants...or their characters are simply off-Screen...I don't see why this such a confusing thing to you.

Would it be alright for you as long as her last words were something like: " Oh noooo, what about my family?" Is that the huge "inconsistency" we are talking about here?

A plothole would be something like a Flashback on Komugi, stating she never had parents and was an Orphan or something like that^^
Something that would actually break the logic of the story we know so far.

Edit: Don't you think you should do the google search on words BEFORE you use them in actual Threads and not after the fact? xD
No Offense^^
Merve2LoveDec 1, 2021 6:52 PM
Dec 1, 2021 6:40 PM

Aug 2020
I don't think that's a plothole at all lmao.

Dec 1, 2021 7:48 PM
Jan 2021
Abe_26 said:
keep in mind how much her family mistreats her they don’t respect her and just use her to win tournaments, Meruem is someone who appreciates her and her talent the first person to do so. So of course she would stay with Meruem because he appreciates her for who she is as no one else in her life would. Additionally she sees herself as a burden to her family which is why she would take her life if she ever lost at gungi because she would have exceeded her usefulness, so it’s no wonder she is willing to die with the one and only person who showed her compassion. So no it’s not a plot inconsistency.
good point
Thank you
Dec 1, 2021 8:13 PM
Nov 2021
Cap_Slayer2weeb said:
ibraballs said:
Bruh, you didn’t have to say that, but I’m sorry you feel that way about one of the best anime arc I’ve ever watched IMO

Sorry for sounding harsh i just really disliked it and it lives in my head rent free. Im gonna use this as an opportunity to just say why i really didn't like it. Partially because it won't stop showing up on this apps feed and because I don't want 100 replies being like "akshaully yuo wont get it) one would be enough. Anyways:
-The pacing was terrible iirc there was a whole episode that just had killua going to the stairs then going back. Or arc as a whole being half of the show despite having less than yorknew
-the narrarating was unbearable, oh wow thank you mr narrarator I didn't see the chairmans dragons and neferpitou being suspended in the air g wiz will she fall to the ground then run to the palace? Never thought of that
-wasted alot of time for things that at the end had no real consequences. Example is gon and killuas training being dumped down the drain after they just lost but also went to fight alongside the others. Or also how gon sacrificed himself and his nen to fight neferpitou but at the end the ants died of radiation and gon just had his body fixed an arc later (with kite being revived in the process making all of gon's rage pointless)
-it had alot of things that didn't make any sense that just happened for plot convenience, biggest example is how ants Awakened nen by just getting punched despite that method being very unreliable and dangerous as wing said with them somehow surpassing pro hunters in about a month without even actually knowing how to train their nen and it being said that ants have the abilities of the humans their queen consumed. Another funny thing is how killua was able to remove the needle his brother put in him despite not even knowing he had it or that it was in his forehead. Stuff like a big brother telling the younger one to run when facing danger were done 100 times better by naruto (itachi telling Sasuke to run and live) then the show itself. Despite the former copying the later lmao.
-Lastly the biggest travesty in the show is mf meruem. Hes the most overrated villain in all of anime. I dont get why he is treated like some deep charactar with real devolopmemt when he wasn't even alive for over 2 weeks lmao. Like Zomggg!!! Someone with little to zero life experience changes his way (from wanting to eradicate humans to wanting to... Eradicate humans but keeping special ones around) because of a chess game? Best devolopmemt in anime history! Might as well have had him play cod and have his ass handed to him by a 12 yesr old. And ik the last scene was sad (i cried about it myself) but its not sad because of meruem. Its because of the blind girl who was taken away from her family to play with a psychopathic Ant because his ego won't let him admit he is bad at something in the process killing the girl that thought he was a sane person who cared about her not his ego

Tldr; if anyone gonna watch hxh he should drop it at greed island.

Nobody give a shit about your opinion about that arc in this specific topic, dude just asked about possibility of plot hole that all and you trying to start a smoke.[/quote]
Im saying there is billion other plotholes to talk about other than that one. Tho yes it is a plothole
ibraballsDec 1, 2021 8:16 PM
Dec 1, 2021 10:06 PM

Sep 2021
ibraballs said:
Cap_Slayer2weeb said:

Sorry for sounding harsh i just really disliked it and it lives in my head rent free. Im gonna use this as an opportunity to just say why i really didn't like it. Partially because it won't stop showing up on this apps feed and because I don't want 100 replies being like "akshaully yuo wont get it) one would be enough. Anyways:
-The pacing was terrible iirc there was a whole episode that just had killua going to the stairs then going back. Or arc as a whole being half of the show despite having less than yorknew
-the narrarating was unbearable, oh wow thank you mr narrarator I didn't see the chairmans dragons and neferpitou being suspended in the air g wiz will she fall to the ground then run to the palace? Never thought of that
-wasted alot of time for things that at the end had no real consequences. Example is gon and killuas training being dumped down the drain after they just lost but also went to fight alongside the others. Or also how gon sacrificed himself and his nen to fight neferpitou but at the end the ants died of radiation and gon just had his body fixed an arc later (with kite being revived in the process making all of gon's rage pointless)
-it had alot of things that didn't make any sense that just happened for plot convenience, biggest example is how ants Awakened nen by just getting punched despite that method being very unreliable and dangerous as wing said with them somehow surpassing pro hunters in about a month without even actually knowing how to train their nen and it being said that ants have the abilities of the humans their queen consumed. Another funny thing is how killua was able to remove the needle his brother put in him despite not even knowing he had it or that it was in his forehead. Stuff like a big brother telling the younger one to run when facing danger were done 100 times better by naruto (itachi telling Sasuke to run and live) then the show itself. Despite the former copying the later lmao.
-Lastly the biggest travesty in the show is mf meruem. Hes the most overrated villain in all of anime. I dont get why he is treated like some deep charactar with real devolopmemt when he wasn't even alive for over 2 weeks lmao. Like Zomggg!!! Someone with little to zero life experience changes his way (from wanting to eradicate humans to wanting to... Eradicate humans but keeping special ones around) because of a chess game? Best devolopmemt in anime history! Might as well have had him play cod and have his ass handed to him by a 12 yesr old. And ik the last scene was sad (i cried about it myself) but its not sad because of meruem. Its because of the blind girl who was taken away from her family to play with a psychopathic Ant because his ego won't let him admit he is bad at something in the process killing the girl that thought he was a sane person who cared about her not his ego

Tldr; if anyone gonna watch hxh he should drop it at greed island.

Nobody give a shit about your opinion about that arc in this specific topic, dude just asked about possibility of plot hole that all and you trying to start a smoke.

I think there were pacing issues with almost every arc except Yorknew City arc. Atleast the final parts of CA arc made up for the rest of it unlike Heaven's arena or Greed Island.
I've been seeing a lot of hatred towards the narrator lately, it might not be comfortable for everyone but believe me, you would not understand half of the things going on if it wasn't for the narrator as I remember only 3 minutes have passed in 10 episodes. Those scenes like "The countless dragons that rained down were less significant threats than the humans in the sky" send chills down my spine everytime and won't allow me to hate the narrator.
Killua and Gon though technically lost to Knuckle and Shoot, managed to get their approval after they realised how powerful both of them are. Even though Gon was managed to be revived, it was not pointless. He cannot use Nen now and the current Kite is not Literally the same one. The defeat of other ants through radiation makes Netero's sacrifice much more meaningful.
Chimera Ant are stronger and better because they learn much faster. They are just genetically superior to humans.
Meruem is a Chimera Ant not a human. You should not apply human body's logics to him as his body functions way ahead of humans and 2 weeks is more than enough for him to understand the world. Soon after he was borned, he was limited to knowledge and his chimera ant instincts but after meeting Komugi he changes and understands more about humanity and he keeps getting better and better and in the end he started to care about others. I found Meruem's development very beautiful and tragic but then again it's okay if you didn't like it too.
AlrivenDec 1, 2021 10:11 PM
Dec 2, 2021 8:59 AM
Sep 2021
ibraballs said:
bruh stfu ur taste is shit and go start gintama already ffs
Dec 2, 2021 10:47 PM
Jul 2020
They Are most likely already dead
If we kill all our enemies, will we finally be free?
Dec 3, 2021 1:13 AM
Mar 2016
Meruem was the only one she said showed her care. Her family only saw value in her based on what she was able to provide them (based on what she said). He was someone special to her and vice versa. I also think the time spent with him was the most she felt like herself and not just a gungi player.

Yo, there is so much to say or think about that whole situation with her family. Like how other people said they can be dead or that she and her family didn't care about each other. Pretty interesting topic :)
Dec 3, 2021 10:31 PM

May 2020
theres about a dozen plot holes in the chimera arc, you prob coulda said anything and it woulda been a plot hole with how much of a mess the arc is
Dec 4, 2021 4:12 AM

Dec 2021
That was her character development. Not plot hole.

More topics from this board

» Hunter x Hunter (2011) came out 10 years after the original series. What are the chances we get a remake this year? 2011 version ended in Sep 2014 ( 1 2 )

animeboilolz - Apr 23

62 by omorashi »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 117 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 18, 2014

238 by mrymtrisyia78910 »»
Yesterday, 1:55 PM

Poll: » Who is your Favourite character?

PushedCaraway - Mar 29

45 by PushedCaraway »»
Yesterday, 11:22 AM

» Is Hisoka a fraud?

Leon888 - Nov 22, 2023

43 by Angra_Shadow »»
Apr 23, 5:18 AM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 135 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 24, 2014

876 by red-tomato »»
Apr 21, 3:22 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.