Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Dec 4, 2021 4:13 AM

Apr 2018
Damn, Joynle named her stand ''Stone Ocean'', says ORA ORA and looks similar to Jotaro's stand. So father, so daughter. Gwenn got on my annoying ass but it was hilarious sometimes.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Dec 4, 2021 10:41 AM
Nov 2020
The part where Gwess sings the Dolly Parton Joleyne song is so funny. Loved that homage
Dec 6, 2021 9:11 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
Good episode 2, this episode we get to see some full on stand action, Jolyne’s stand “Stone Free” (I don’t know this song sadly) versus Gwess’ stand Goo Goo Dolls (I think, but I sadly also don’t know this one from the top of my head) pretty cool fight to start, a stand with shrinking powers is cool and we don’t know the full extent of Stone Free yet, but a very cool design. I’m glad Gwess got what was coming to her too, she’s was a real bitch for a while there. I also loved the touch of her singing Jolene, very nice reference.

And as for my first time hearing the OP and ED, OP is very good as always with Jojo OPs, awesome visuals and rocking song, and the ED is Distant Dreaming by Duffy, I didn’t know this song beforehand but I really like it, hoping for it to grow on me more as I watch more. Also I forgot to mention this on episode 1, but I love Jolyne’s VA, she’s amazing playing as her.
Dec 7, 2021 1:37 AM

Mar 2021
It only took 2 eps for someone to sing Dolly’s joleyne song and it sounded so good in a crazy I’m going to nursery you style! The stand doesn’t look as cool as I was hoping but still got me hyped up definitely a Kujo!
Dec 7, 2021 5:38 PM

Feb 2014
Adnash said:
I couldn't wait to see this arc animated, haha. It was great to see Gwess chanting a song that was too refer to "Jolyne" sang by Dolly Parton. I'm glad that this element wasn't changed or omited.

Finally someone mentioned this! I loved that they included the Dolly Parton reference lol.
Dec 11, 2021 12:02 AM

Sep 2021
liking our protagonist more and more, the art is done beautifully and the characters are all gorgeous in their own ways with that funky jojo art style, its fun. i dig how a lot of the dialogue is her(jo's) inner thought process, learning how she thnks.

her new jailmate is interesting and the highlight of this episode with her flipping personality, wondering wether she will become more of an ally or enemy (im assuming ally with strings attached, no pun intended lol)

so far im impressed, i like the concept, love the main character and her design, and the art ing general is great particularly on all the characters (aside from that one awkward jail cell cg shot, it was just one thought i dont really care)
DisorientedGhostDec 11, 2021 12:08 AM
Dec 13, 2021 4:57 AM

Jul 2016

As it fucking well should be. LETS GO!!!
Dec 22, 2021 2:05 PM

Jul 2014
Man, Gwess is really fucking annoying. I mean, Jojo's side characters almost always are, but this feels like a whole new level of that.
Dec 24, 2021 11:30 AM

Mar 2010
Stone ocean? more like rape ocean ahah damn great to see the progression to her handling her abilility, can't wait to see her school more chumps.. hmm she got dat stone back wonder if she can transfer more abilities to others with dat, tho i'mma guesss someone will steal it.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Jan 5, 2022 4:06 PM

Mar 2016
The OP was wonderful as it is for pretty much all the Jojo OPs, the music and the vocals really match the American style of the theme as do the visuals in its comic-book-like imagery. Not only that but I noticed that the 3D animation of the OP is in itself, a tribute to the previous JJBA games. Damn it really is excellent, to top it all off, that one segment showcasing the storyline of the Joestar family from the mask all the way to Jolyne really almost made me teared up a little, it's awesome. ED on the other hand contrast that of the OP with its melodic and slower-paced rhythm, coupled with peaceful beach visuals. Nothing much to say, but I appreciate the trend of using English music for Jojo's ED.

Oh, we're DEFINITELY BACK!!! Jolyne's very own catchphrase "Yare yare dawa", her own theme song, her own streak of ORA ORA ORA and finally, the full realization of her stand "Stone Ocean". It's all coming together baby! Back to the JJBA that we know and love!!!

Aside from her versatile strand-stand ability, she's already way ahead of the competition on her own with how shrewd and clever she generally is, even without prior knowledge of stands and how one can manipulate or attain such ability, she figured it out all on her own. Imagine that, she's young, cute, smart and now with her stand, powerful. Oh you can bet that she'll aim to be the top dog of the prison hierarchy, though that's a long way away from now. Gwess is the first step towards her ambition to escape, this nobody is plenty difficult on her own to deal with, but knowing how seriously overpowered Jojo villains can get, G.G. Doll's power is merely a taste-test for Jolyne on the world of stands.
Jan 8, 2022 10:48 PM

Mar 2021
finallyyyyyyy an OP with 3d animation again!! i'd missed it, also someone, for whatever reason at this point, to say jojo at least once. The yare yare was just so badass, she really looked like jotaro there, even the hora hora was there, but I guess it makes sense since giorno said muda muda.
Jan 14, 2022 6:48 PM

Nov 2010
The crazy behavior of the Goo Goo girl at the first meeting was nice introduction. Also the show succeeded in building abnormal and scary atmosphere with the moment hands appeared from the bird's neck.
And I've got satisfied when the Goo Goo girl was smashed completely with the OraOra attack.
Jul 16, 2022 10:37 PM

Oct 2020
Without a doubt, that's deffinantly Jotaros doughter !
Already getting interesting at only 2 episodes
Sep 21, 2022 8:25 AM
Jun 2012
Watched it awhile ago. Will likely revisit it again it sequence.
Dec 4, 2022 9:30 AM

Nov 2008
I don't see this question brought up before, so i'll ask: how did Jolyne's stand managed to throw punches through the metal railing? It was explicitly displayed failing to do so a moment before.
AnimeThemes.moe <- the largest collection of anime Openings & Endings on the Web
AnimeMusicQuiz.com <- guess an anime from your list by it's Opening/Ending music browser game
Dec 26, 2022 7:50 PM

Aug 2017
Yare yare dawa.  Gwess did Jolyne dirty by making her tiny and dress up inside a dead mouse.

Goo Goo dolls more like boo boo dolls as Jolyne's stone ocean beats her up.

ORA ORA ORA ORA!!!

Dec 29, 2022 9:19 AM

Aug 2019
Ora ora ora!!

Like father, like daughter.
Jan 25, 2023 9:42 PM
Oct 2020
Took me a minute to adjust to the animation style, but now I'm digging it. As soon as I saw the name G.G Dolls I was instantly on board- a reminder of why this series initially drew me in. The subtitles called Jolyne's Stand "Stone Ocean" but it sounded like she said "Stone Free". I'm gonna go with the Jimi version, which is just another reason for me to like it. Her stand is also super cool looking. Can't wait to see more.  
Mar 6, 2023 12:46 AM

Dec 2020
Forgot just how crazy Gwess was lol

May 15, 2023 6:08 PM
Apr 2020
YOO this episode was awesome! Gwess was hilarious and the ORA ORA from Jolyne was great
May 23, 2023 7:33 AM

Nov 2010
Damn, that bitch was such a traitor. It's about time Jolyne beat her senseless for all that shenanigans.
I enjoyed the tense moments during this episode.
I want to lick Jolyne's sweaty body so much!
ED sounds good!
Jul 14, 2023 4:32 AM

Aug 2019
I’m mad at myself for taking so long to finally watch this part, but at least I’m watching it now; but damn did I forget how much I enjoyed JoJo
Jul 31, 2023 6:22 PM

Feb 2018
Weird warden with a puppet. Jolyne 'wearing' a rats corpse, searching for an escape route. Weird ass stand fights. Maaan I missed JJ :D
Oct 15, 2023 12:30 PM

Jan 2023
The episode is simply amazing! The song "Jolene" would be a good ending song. The main villain of this episode even sang it.
Oct 27, 2023 9:14 PM
Jan 2022
jon jo made an appearence. jokato koju and jj siwa (furious) were my favorite characters. i busted on my monitor just looking at them. Thank you
Feb 21, 3:27 AM
Certified Simp

Feb 2017
This episode was truly bizarre!!

Love the ora ora ora
I should probs watch all of jojos
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken Part 6: Stone Ocean Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Rob7 - Dec 1, 2021

153 by CrackedYolk »»
Apr 14, 10:32 PM

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken Part 6: Stone Ocean Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

anime-prime - Dec 1, 2021

114 by Sexyjutsu »»
Apr 13, 4:50 PM

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken Part 6: Stone Ocean Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

LERAGEUXENAMARRE - Dec 1, 2021

78 by aod-kun »»
Feb 23, 2:33 AM

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken Part 6: Stone Ocean Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Aronics - Dec 1, 2021

57 by aod-kun »»
Feb 22, 4:27 AM

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken Part 6: Stone Ocean Episode 7 Discussion

Rob7 - Dec 1, 2021

43 by Kamieee »»
Dec 20, 2023 4:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.