Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Nov 28, 2021 6:06 PM
Jan 2021
I personally think part 3 is terrible, super repetitive, character development is close to none, and longer than it should’ve been. I’m curious to know why this is many peoples favorite part compared to part 1 that gets so much hate when in my opinion it really isn’t that bad it’s just a bit basic but has a normally paced storyline. The majority of part 3 was just a random stand user after stand user with no ties really to the actual storyline. I actually had to force myself to watch it. I’d like to hear thoughts from people that liked and enjoyed this part.
LaawdyNov 28, 2021 6:11 PM
Nov 28, 2021 6:21 PM
Shirayuki-Fan
Jul 2020
My favourite part was the first.
Nov 28, 2021 6:41 PM
Dec 2015
I loved all parts, part 3 specifically was supposed to get you understanding the meaning of stands how they can come in different looks abilities and powers just to get you familiar with the whole idea of stands and the sharp transition from Hamon, the stand after stand is because they were sent by DIO And they are random because each person gets a different stand and again to show you how different can the abilities be and how interesting they may get, it wasn’t not related tho because of a thing I can’t really say I’m not sure if it’s explained in a future part
jojo is about the story more then the character development especially with how the main character switches between every part, IMO its a good part the fights are clever stands abilities and powers are interesting and clever, and the final fight with DIO was amazing. I don’t think it was longer than needed either because nothing felt boring jojo has no filler.
Nov 28, 2021 6:47 PM
Amateur Reviewer
Jul 2016
Laawdy said:
I personally think part 3 is terrible, super repetitive, character development is close to none, and longer than it should’ve been. I’m curious to know why this is many peoples favorite part compared to part 1 that gets so much hate when in my opinion it really isn’t that bad it’s just a bit basic but has a normally paced storyline. The majority of part 3 was just a random stand user after stand user with no ties really to the actual storyline. I actually had to force myself to watch it. I’d like to hear thoughts from people that liked and enjoyed this part.

Agree you with 100%. I think the love from what I've been told in similar threads -comes in large part thanks to Part-2 (which I swear I'll get to some day😂). And of course the memes
Nov 28, 2021 6:49 PM
Mar 2021
Honestly I totally agree with you. Waayyyy too long and repetitive... But it's by far the most iconic part. Introduction of stands, the crazy fights, so many memes... It's a necessary evil in my eyes
Nov 28, 2021 6:57 PM
Jan 2021
baryaakov555 said:
I loved all parts, part 3 specifically was supposed to get you understanding the meaning of stands how they can come in different looks abilities and powers just to get you familiar with the whole idea of stands and the sharp transition from Hamon, the stand after stand is because they were sent by DIO And they are random because each person gets a different stand and again to show you how different can the abilities be and how interesting they may get, it wasn’t not related tho because of a thing I can’t really say I’m not sure if it’s explained in a future part
jojo is about the story more then the character development especially with how the main character switches between every part, IMO its a good part the fights are clever stands abilities and powers are interesting and clever, and the final fight with DIO was amazing. I don’t think it was longer than needed either because nothing felt boring jojo has no filler.

Yea I get what you mean but I personally think that they could’ve helped the watcher understand stands in a way that wasn’t as repetitive. And yes I understand that they were sent by DIO but I still think it was a bad way to go about things due to the fact that the stand users didn’t have much of an impact on the story besides making their trip take longer.
Nov 28, 2021 7:00 PM

Jul 2021
Because of the overused memes, jokes and Dio
Nov 28, 2021 7:01 PM
Jan 2021
samthestan said:
Honestly I totally agree with you. Waayyyy too long and repetitive... But it's by far the most iconic part. Introduction of stands, the crazy fights, so many memes... It's a necessary evil in my eyes

Yea I half agree with that it definitely gave me some good laughs watching it the memes were top tier. I just feel like it wasn’t necessary.
Nov 28, 2021 7:03 PM
Mar 2021
Laawdy said:
samthestan said:

Yea I half agree with that it definitely gave me some good laughs watching it the memes were top tier. I just feel like it wasn’t necessary.
Yes and no. Stands are iconic to the Jojo series and we have part 3 to thank for that.
Nov 28, 2021 7:03 PM
Jan 2021
Aronics said:

I personally think it was amazing in terms of comedy and but I’ll never forget the time DIO stopped time just to move them down the steps it was so stupid and funny to me.
Nov 28, 2021 7:05 PM

Jul 2021
Laawdy said:
Aronics said:

I personally think it was amazing in terms of humor and but I’ll never forget the time DIO stopped time just to move them down the steps it was so stupid and funny to me.

Lol true, if Dio wasn't cocky, he could've killed everyone easily
Nov 28, 2021 7:08 PM
Jan 2021
Aronics said:
Laawdy said:

I personally think it was amazing in terms of humor and but I’ll never forget the time DIO stopped time just to move them down the steps it was so stupid and funny to me.

I might move it up to a 6 now that I’m reflecting and giving more thought to other aspects of the show besides it being repetitive like the comedy, but I just won’t ever see it as a good part.
Nov 28, 2021 7:09 PM
Sep 2021
Laawdy said:

I like part 1 too. But part 3 is my favourite. Specially the 2nd season.
Nov 28, 2021 7:11 PM

Jul 2021
Laawdy said:
Aronics said:

I might move it up to a 6 now that I’m reflecting and giving more thought to other aspects of the show besides it being repetitive like the comedy, but I just won’t ever see it as a good part.

The only thing I hate about this part is the first half, that crap was boring as hell. Even though the final battle was somewhat stupid, it's still really good and entertaining
Nov 28, 2021 7:52 PM

Aug 2020
Just because of the memes lol. Part 3 is my least favorite part, it's dragged repetitive and bland. It has no fucking reason to have 48 episodes.
People who say that hype doesn't change people's minds are wrong. For example, everyone called part 5 and 6 one of the worst parts when they were just out as manga but when their trailers got released everyone was saying how those parts were their favorite parts.
TyraqNov 28, 2021 7:56 PM
Nov 28, 2021 7:55 PM
Dec 2015
Laawdy said:
baryaakov555 said:

Yea I get what you mean but I personally think that they could’ve helped the watcher understand stands in a way that wasn’t as repetitive. And yes I understand that they were sent by DIO but I still think it was a bad way to go about things due to the fact that the stand users didn’t have much of an impact on the story besides making their trip take longer.

Idk it didn’t feel repetitive to me cuz they were different, if they all had the same abilities it’d have been boring as hell, but each was unique and each was defeated in a unique and clever way making everybody useful in the team, showing sides of each of their stands, they didn’t have an impact of the story it was more for us the people watching to see different stands and to enjoy the unique and clever fighting style.
Nov 28, 2021 8:24 PM

Dec 2019
1. The Premise.
The idea of travelling across the globe to save Holly, fighting Dio's henchmen along the way is fitting to my liking. Audiences are usually divided on the weekly baddie formula, honestly i don't mind it. The settings of each encounter keeps on changing, with new locations, new enemies with their own distinct abilities, new situations, & new strategies and tactics to defeat them. It was refreshing for me first time watching, keeping me on the edge of my seat.

2. The Characters.
Many would call them bland, but The Crusaders in my opinion is one of the best main cast the Jojo franchise has to offer. As a whole, their group chemistry is over the roof. It's like you and your best mates goin on a long trip. It also made the end of Stardust Crusaders (where the surviving gang parts way) way more emotional.

3. DIO
DIO wasn't really my cup of tea villain at first, but he grew on me. Instead of quickly finishing the Crusaders off, he toyed with them, yeeting a damn roadroller at Jotaro. DIO is just a chaotic, and a really fun villain if you asked me.

In the end, it's all each to their own. Nothing is perfect for everyone, and so is JoJo.

"JoJo has, and will always be a restaurant.

We all love eating there. We don’t like every dish on the menu and that’s okay, you’re not supposed to.
Order what you like, avoid what you don’t and don’t worry about what others are having."

Nov 28, 2021 8:28 PM
Jul 2020
Probably because it's the first part where stands are introduced
If we kill all our enemies, will we finally be free?
Nov 28, 2021 9:26 PM
Jan 2021
Part 3 is the least likable part that has stands because it has too many ass-pulls and Araki doesn't know when to stop , but it is still really enjoyable because the setting changes every two episodes , also really likable characters and it is the funniest part , the final battle is also great .
Nov 28, 2021 10:12 PM

Oct 2020
Well fir me part 1 was kinda basic storytelling. Part 2 was funier, and part 3 is when thibgs started to get kinda obsurd. And yes, i agree, a new stand user every episode was kinda repetetive. But everything else for me was pretty good :)
Nov 28, 2021 10:24 PM

Jun 2016
It's a fun, sometimes stupid and sometimes extremely dangerous adventure with a bunch of dudes which makes it enjoyable. Also it's by far the most quotable.
MEA·MENTVLA·INGENS·EST
Nov 28, 2021 10:36 PM
May 2019
Although it's not my favorite(that would be part 2), I did really like a couple things about it. The whole around the world in 80 days type of premise was enjoyable to me. The cast bounced really well off each other and the introduction to Stands after Hamon had ran its course really took the series to a different level. The stand fights were still not as complex or strategic as they would get later on during part 4 and 5 but were fun nonetheless. And Dio was as charismatic and arrogant as ever.
Nov 28, 2021 11:42 PM

Jan 2021
Remember that the manga was gonna get cancelled if Araki didnt change something. At that time tournament arcs were popular, but Araki stepped on another level and made the trip around the world.
"Human potential for evolution is limitless. Steel Ball Run is not peak fiction it's beyond fiction and possibly even the pinnacle of human literature, an amalgamation of all the masterpieces "
-The Ruler of this universe
Nov 29, 2021 12:09 AM
Feb 2021
Laawdy said:
Somebody finally agrees with mee 😭😭😭
Nov 29, 2021 12:10 AM

Mar 2021
because of the meme
🐐

Nov 29, 2021 12:11 AM

May 2021
JoJo is an acquired taste, for me absolutely despised JoJo's, the jokes weren't funny, too goofy, the plot felt ridiculously slow, the characters had were one dimensional etc etc. Until I watched Part 4 now this when I really got into the JoJo's reallyand oh boy this shit is peak and I mean it, its objectively better than every animated part. If I go back and watch the earlier parts I would enjoy it for sure because before getting into the jojo's I didn't know what the series was actually going for, the problem was that the JoJo fandom hypes their series too much to the point where it feels like the series is good from the start, when it actually isn't.

Nov 29, 2021 12:29 AM
Dec 2020
Laawdy said:
because the 2nd half of part 3 has the strongest climax in the whole jojo anime series so far.
Nov 29, 2021 1:31 AM
Sep 2021
AniPhoenix said:
Laawdy said:
because the 2nd half of part 3 has the strongest climax in the whole jojo anime series so far.

Yes exactly. I really like the 2nd half. The another reason why i like this part this most is in THIS part, everything wasnt solely dependent on the MC. Every single character,avdol,joseph,polnarref,kakyoin and even iggy had screen time and great fights! Unlike part 1 and 2. ( i dont hate phantom blood btw,i really like it)
Nov 29, 2021 1:50 AM
May 2020
The first half of part 3 is very unspectacular, repetitive and typical "monster of the week" format yeah, but the second half is much better. Polnareff is unironically the best character in the entire franchise and his development was excellent I thought, Iggy's was enjoyable too.

Overall not my favourite part due to its first half, but it certainly came strong in its second.
Nov 29, 2021 2:37 AM

Apr 2021
I've always loved journey stories. Part 3 also introduces stands, how they work and understanding the concept of the stands. For me it was very enjoyable. There was a clear goal for our crew. Different stands and enemies were cool and creative. And of course the fights were soo good. Especially last two fights were godly.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 29, 2021 2:53 AM
Nov 2020
Part 3 and part 5 are my favorite parts. Stardust crusaders has a great cast, Joseph and Jotaro, Polnareff and Avdol . Best villain Dio and it introduces the stands and it’s funny
Nov 29, 2021 3:18 AM
Sep 2020
Part 5 is amazing. Part 4 also has great fights and one of the greatest villin I have seen.
Nov 29, 2021 6:41 AM
May 2021
I love part 3 even aside from the memes and that stuff. The action, the laughs and personalities of the different stands they encounter kept me interested. Also absolutely love the brotherhood between our main cast even though Part 5 is definitely better in that department.
Nov 29, 2021 6:41 AM
May 2021
I love part 3 even aside from the memes and that stuff. The action, the laughs and personalities of the different stands they encounter kept me interested. Also absolutely love the brotherhood between our main cast even though Part 5 is definitely better in that department.
Nov 29, 2021 8:31 AM
Feb 2021
I dont understand either I found it completely average easily my least favorite part
Dec 1, 2021 4:03 PM
May 2021
Well, if you don't like the new stand users every episode that's disappointing, and JoJo's was never created to be top class manga that it ended up being, it was suppose to be fun adventure with the new JoJo's every part fighting new antagonists every part.

Reason why I love part 3 a lot is for number of things

1. Introduction of stands imo one of the best abilities in JoJo
2. Introduction of jotaro who is one of the most loved JoJos of all time and is one of my favourites
3. Fact that Joseph was still kicking it really kept people going and watching since Joseph is easily 99% of JoJo fans top 3 JoJos
4. Return of Dio, the main antagonist of part 1 aka the beginning of this adventure and start
5. Introduction of so many new characters that we later see once again in other parts
6. Idk how to spoiler things here but don't read the rest since it has part 6 Spoilers : part 3 has straight connection to part 6 as we find out that dios main goal this whole time was to obtain over heaven and as we all know one of dios supports or I should say people who faught for him came back as an antagonist for part 6 so part 6 was built up all he way from part 3

I could probably state more reasons but I think this should give you a good idea why part 3 is fucking amazing 😁
Dec 1, 2021 4:05 PM
Jul 2018
I just enjoy the whole trip or actual adventure aspect of it. The journey to Egypt feels pretty enjoyable. Jotaro's fight with Dio is also one of the most iconic moments in the franchise. It's a fun part, but I don't consider it my favorite.

More topics from this board

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Akanezora - May 9, 2014

167 by fgowy »»
Apr 13, 11:37 PM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 25, 2014

159 by HilariousPerson »»
Apr 9, 8:34 AM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Akanezora - Sep 12, 2014

276 by Will_Keisuke_ »»
Mar 27, 6:11 PM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - May 16, 2014

217 by OVERJRIVE »»
Jan 23, 5:29 PM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 18, 2014

231 by ymanaslya »»
Jan 20, 11:29 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.