Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Nov 28, 2021 10:37 AM
May 2021
I thought it was a great episode but I have a question: how did Aisha know that Kennel Master was actually her big bro? Ln readers probably know this.
Nov 28, 2021 10:44 AM

Aug 2013
IBO4Life said:
I thought it was a great episode but I have a question: how did Aisha know that Kennel Master was actually her big bro? Ln readers probably know this.

i'm not a LN reader but I can think that Eris did a poor job to cover up his name. We can see her say all the time "Rud-... Kennel Master" so Aisha can make two and two together.
I also read that Aisha saw Rudeus doing a chant-less incantation when he rescued her from the guards and that being too rare + she already knows Rudy can pull it out could be the better answer.
Please consider reading my novel for MAL x Honeyfeed Writing contest 2023 https://www.honeyfeed.fm/novels/12252
Nov 28, 2021 10:47 AM

Aug 2019
IBO4Life said:

There are multiple clues:
- Rudy looks almost like Paul, she could recognized him at the post office that could be the real reason she trailed him.
- Roxy told everyone at the castle about his apprentice who's still a kid but can use chantless magic. Aisha heard the stories while she was working there. And Rudy used his magic in the alley to get away from the soldiers.
- They were talking in their room while Aisha could've pretended to be asleep.
- Eris and Zanoba calls him Rudeus while she's there.
Nov 28, 2021 10:48 AM

Oct 2014
Tylaen said:
I don't think I've hated an entire episode outright since C1. Congrats.

Ok, I've been wondering for a while

If you hate this series so much, why do you keep forcing yourself to watch it?

At this point, you may as well just stop watching.

And telling me that thats a disingenuous argument when all you've been doing is saying that everyone's disagreement with you is disingenous isn't gonna cut it here. All you've done is trash the series and the people that like it, so at this point, all I see is a whiny puritan that has no business watching the show if all your gonna do is attack people for not agreeing with your opinion.

Grow up and move on from the series you obviously hate already.
Nov 28, 2021 10:48 AM

Jul 2017
IBO4Life said:

Yeah many tells were shown throughout these 2 episodes that his real identity was not well hidden at all, plus Aisha showed up too when Zanoba was manhandling Pax and he was asking him to let go of Rudeus so that's another way of her confirming it there. Rudeus was way inside so he wouldn't have seen her showing up, upstairs. But even not counting that, the signs were definitely too obvious for a genius like her to put together.

Nov 28, 2021 10:49 AM

Sep 2018
Another fantastic episode, the dissection of the Roxy figurine was peak otaku and so funny, especially given how effortlessly it was introduced into a high fantasy story.

Liliya honours her debt and now Aisha understands too.

The legend grows ;-)

Quantum ille canis est in fenestra
Nov 28, 2021 10:51 AM

Apr 2015
AsuraDestructor said:
Tylaen said:

And telling me that thats a disingenuous argument when all you've been doing is saying that everyone's disagreement with you is disingenous isn't gonna cut it here. All you've done is trash the series and the people that like it, so at this point, all I see is a whiny puritan that has no business watching the show if all your gonna do is attack people for not agreeing with your opinion.

Sorry that you're taking me trashing the series personally. I sincerely hope you get over yourself one day and stop taking attacks on your favorite anime series personally.
Nov 28, 2021 10:56 AM

Oct 2014
Tylaen said:
AsuraDestructor said:

Sorry that you're taking me trashing the series personally. I sincerely hope you get over yourself one day and stop taking attacks on your favorite anime series personally.

I ain't taking it personally, so if you think that, then all I can do is find you hysterical, and continue to prove the point I made.

And I'll to apologize that you are taking a series you don't like personally, and I hope you someday learn to not take people who disagree with you personally.

See how it will just go in a circle? Quit pretending to be the more Mature one. it won't work.
Nov 28, 2021 10:58 AM

Jan 2019
Omg that was beautiful I cried
Nov 28, 2021 11:01 AM
Nov 2018
AsuraDestructor said:
Tylaen said:

He does it specifically for people like you to ask him, attention seeking. Just ignore him, he has nothing to say really.
Nov 28, 2021 11:07 AM

Apr 2015
AsuraDestructor said:
See how it will just go in a circle? Quit pretending to be the more Mature one. it won't work.
You're projecting a lot of qualities onto me in order to get a foot in. Pretending to be mature? Saying I said others are being "disingenuous"? At most, I told Dapdap last week that he was making excuses! Never disingenuous, a word basically standing in for "trolling", a thing I've not accused anyone of. I sincerely believe that people I argue with believe in what they say. That doesn't mean I consider their points somehow greater for their sincerity.

As for circles, I'm willing to mud-wrestle you if I have to. Alas, I fear we'd be doing so over nothing but your fairly butthurt response to a minor comment I made, pretending to care about my motivation and reiterating a point a lot of people have said to me.

He does it specifically for people like you to ask him, attention seeking. Just ignore him, he has nothing to say really.
I'd actually like for people to stop telling me to "Stop watching". It's fairly tired at this point and not worth addressing.

AsuraDestructor said:
I'f I'm butthurt, then Tylaen must have a rocket up their ass for being called out for being disingenuous.

Could have fooled me.
First I'm calling others disingenuous and now I'm being disingenuous? We're just jumping all over the place with this fanfiction.
TylaenNov 28, 2021 11:22 AM
Nov 28, 2021 11:14 AM

Mar 2016
animejas said:
IBO4Life said:

Yeah many tells were shown throughout these 2 episodes that his real identity was not well hidden at all, plus Aisha showed up too when Zanoba was manhandling Pax and he was asking him to let go of Rudeus so that's another way of her confirming it there. Rudeus was way inside so he wouldn't have seen her showing up, upstairs. But even not counting that, the signs were definitely too obvious for a genius like her to put together.

I wanna lowkey believe that Aisha knew about Rudeus all this time and was just messing with him til the very end lol.
Nov 28, 2021 11:15 AM
Aug 2019
Awesome episode as usual....one question...how did Lilia have Rudeus's "treasure" with her when she was teleported with just Aisha to Shirone and was trapped in the castle this entire time.
I've read the LN, but I don't remember that being explained in the novels either....Or did I miss anything
Nov 28, 2021 11:17 AM
Sep 2015
Nice episode, finally one of the best boys of the ln make his first, and thankfully not last, apearence, Zanoba is just fkin awesome, im glad his father send him just to the right place for his exile^^

Aisha adoreable as always and eris wont stop fangirling about rudi

Cant wait for the next episode, this gonna be a long week
Nov 28, 2021 11:17 AM

Oct 2014
I'f I'm butthurt, then Tylaen must have a rocket up their ass for being called out for being disingenuous.

Could have fooled me.
Nov 28, 2021 11:22 AM

Aug 2019
RonnieAP said:
Awesome episode as usual....one question...how did Lilia have Rudeus's "treasure" with her when she was teleported with just Aisha to Shirone and was trapped in the castle this entire time.
I've read the LN, but I don't remember that being explained in the novels either....Or did I miss anything

Lilia had the box with her in episode 8 because she wanted to send it to Rudy for his birthday.
Nov 28, 2021 11:24 AM
Aug 2019
Yaggamy said:
RonnieAP said:

Lilia had the box with her in episode 8 because she wanted to send it to Rudy for his birthday.

I guess I missed that...my bad....Thanks...
Nov 28, 2021 11:26 AM

Jul 2017
Ryuseishun said:
animejas said:

I wanna lowkey believe that Aisha knew about Rudeus all this time and was just messing with him til the very end lol.

She did, but these kind of things did not help the hidden identity case whatsoever.
animejasNov 28, 2021 11:34 AM
Nov 28, 2021 11:28 AM
Nov 2018
Good episode as always.

Hitogami advice was spot on, everything went exactly as he predicted. With Rudjerd+Eris, Zanoba and guards it would be weird if they wouldn't be free by the end of episode. The only way Lilia and Aisha were not rescued is if Rudy didn't know about them. Both Paul and Roxy parties went through this country and they didn't find them. Also Aisha noticed Rudy when he was sending his letter because she tried to send her own, without Hitogami intervention he could easily miss her.

RonnieAP said:

Yep, it doesn't make any sense. The box is is not small enough to have it on her all the time. The only explanation would be "it just so happened that she had it at the time" and it is kinda weak.
Nov 28, 2021 11:34 AM

May 2019
Well, more than never i praise the manga adaptation of this Aisha's encounter mini-arc.

While in the manga the mangaka created a little adventure with lots of focus on Aisha, in the Novel, straightly adapted in the anime, the whole point was to introduce and focus on the three creepy characters.

Pax. Zanoba and also Rudeus, because most of Aisha' VA work in these two episodes was about exposing Rudy's degenetarion.

That's a bit ridiculous.
Rob7Nov 28, 2021 11:39 AM
Nov 28, 2021 11:35 AM
Nov 2016
I was really worried about them but that situation got resolved so fast it's incredible. I guess god did not trol him after all.
Nov 28, 2021 11:35 AM
Aug 2019
FreezePeach said:
Good episode as always.

Hitogami advice was spot on, everything went exactly as he predicted. With Rudjerd+Eris, Zanoba and guards it would be weird if they wouldn't be free by the end of episode. The only way Lilia and Aisha were not rescued is if Rudy didn't know about them. Both Paul and Roxy parties went through this country and they didn't find them. Also Aisha noticed Rudy when he was sending his letter because she tried to send her own, without Hitogami intervention he could easily miss her.

RonnieAP said:

Yep, it doesn't make any sense. The box is is not small enough to have it on her all the time. The only explanation would be "it just so happened that she had it at the time" and it is kinda weak.

It is kinda weak...these minor plot holes tend to happen on long stories but can be forgiven as it is of small plot relevance...
Nov 28, 2021 11:48 AM

May 2019
Another thing i noticed about anime/novel audience is that most just was waiting for the creepy brothers and not for Aisha.

This part of the series was centered in them, while Aisha and her mom was extras, just there to remember us that Rudeus is a degenerate lol.

While for ppl who enjoyed the manga, this part was as good as the waited "turning point two".

Now i just can believe that even in the middle of the "second turning point" the anime (novel) is also going to spare some moments to Rudeus horny gags. That's how you tell a good story, right?
Nov 28, 2021 11:51 AM

Dec 2015
another great episode!! i missed seeing lilia + aisha is best sister <3
Nov 28, 2021 11:53 AM

May 2021
Great episode! Pax's brother Zanoba kind of reminded me of Petelguese a bit and he was obsessed with the Roxy figure Rudeus made. To become Rudeus's apprentice he even dragged Pax out of bed and then forced him to take Rudeus out of his barrier xD. Lilia is also reunited with Aisha and Rudeus got his special pants back lol.
Aisha also wants to join Rudeus on his journey as she doesn't want to serve her brother when she's older aha. It seems she knew that Rudeus was her brother in the end as well and is looking forward to seeing him again.

Looking forward to the next episode!
AISHITERU...REM!
Nov 28, 2021 11:55 AM
Nov 2018
RonnieAP said:
FreezePeach said:
Good episode as always.

It is kinda weak...these minor plot holes tend to happen on long stories but can be forgiven as it is of small plot relevance...

I wouldn't call it plot hole exactly, it's not like it is completely impossible for her to have the box. It is still strange and slightly irritating. It's not like box had to be that big and Lilia could be hiding it on her in the first place, easily fixable.

Same in the previous episode, Rudy not asking Aisha about Roxy and reason why Lilia is imprisoned doesn't make any sense. He can't really blame Hitogami for it, it was just irredeemably dumb. But, again, strange but not impossible.
Nov 28, 2021 11:58 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
This episode felt a bit silly to be honest. I could do without the otaku doofiness.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Nov 28, 2021 11:59 AM

Jan 2021
Okeanix said:
I was dropped this show after Cour 1 but seems some people think this series as "Christ second return on earth" so i will gave this series another chance this week after so many flaws & plot holes & coincidence and pedophile fanservice in Cour 1. What's can go wrong.
What flaws and plot holes?

I'll wait..
Nov 28, 2021 12:00 PM
Nov 2021
Ryuseishun said:
animejas said:

It’s just as you said in the novel.
Aisha didn’t see the confrontation between rudeus, zanoba and pax at all in the novel.
Fd299Nov 28, 2021 12:05 PM
Nov 28, 2021 12:03 PM
Nov 2021
RonnieAP said:
FreezePeach said:
Good episode as always.

Perhaps she was touching it when the calamity happened.
It was said that a person will be teleported with everything they touch (excluding the whole house perhaps)
Fd299Nov 28, 2021 12:08 PM
Nov 28, 2021 12:05 PM
Aug 2019
FreezePeach said:
RonnieAP said:

I wouldn't call it plot hole exactly, it's not like it is completely impossible for her to have the box. It is still strange and slightly irritating. It's not like box had to be that big and Lilia could be hiding it on her in the first place, easily fixable.

Same in the previous episode, Rudy not asking Aisha about Roxy and reason why Lilia is imprisoned doesn't make any sense. He can't really blame Hitogami for it, it was just irredeemably dumb. But, again, strange but not impossible.

In the previous episode...I was kinda annoyed with Rudeus but that was not out of character as he was thinking with his dk rather than brain with all the prospects of meeting Roxy...
Nov 28, 2021 12:08 PM
Oct 2011
Interesting how they didn’t quite show Zanoba’s backstory and how he murdered his own brother and wife thinking of them as dolls when he was young. They decided to go with a more comedic/light tone all the way through, good episode nonetheless.

I can’t believe we’ve already reached Turning Point 2. Next ep can’t come soon enough.
Nov 28, 2021 12:10 PM

Jan 2021
FreezePeach said:

Going by episode 8 it made sense for her to have the box but the only reasonable conclusion is she had it in her maid uniform somewhere who knows.

He did ask Aisha about Roxy though he couldn't do it properly due to hiding his identity, Lilia and Aisha where imprisoned purely as bait for Roxy since they said they knew her, Pax isn't the smartest cookie as evidenced by thinking Roxy would even know about any of it without spreading word

As for being trapped I think he was just soo focused on making sure he followed his instructions he wasn't paying much attention to anything else, watch episode 19 he was pretty much ignoring everything apart from the objective and even when trapped didn't look flustered at all, only when he fully realised roxy wasn't anywhere in the castle did he suspect Hitogami.
Nov 28, 2021 12:12 PM
Nov 2021
barmar said:
Interesting how they didn’t quite show Zanoba’s backstory and how he murdered his own brother and wife thinking of them as dolls when he was young. They decided to go with a more comedic/light tone all the way through, good episode nonetheless.

I can’t believe we’ve already reached Turning Point 2. Next ep can’t come soon enough.

Also at the end they removed the scene before rudeus giving aisha his headband, where aisha is complainng about the perverseness of his brother who treasure the panties of his teacher.
Nov 28, 2021 12:13 PM
Nov 2018
RonnieAP said:
FreezePeach said:

In the previous episode...I was kinda annoyed with Rudeus but that was not out of character as he was thinking with his dk rather than brain with all the prospects of meeting Roxy...

Naah, his primary objective is to free Lilia and he didn't ask why she need to be rescued? This is literally life or death question. He wants to see Roxy and he didn't ask how she's been after whole 2+ years? He had like half a day to talk about it. And his relationship with Roxy never was that close. I don't buy it. Anyway, minor issues. Nitpicking is easy and the story in general is very satisfying.

Fd299 said:
RonnieAP said:

It was said that a person will be teleported with everything they touch (excluding the whole house perhaps)

Nope, in this episode she run to Aisha and hugged her. There were no box in her hands and there seem to be no pocket to put it in.

In episode 8 before the event Sylphi gives her amulet to Lilia and Lilia shows her the box. She gets the box from the bench and hides amulet in a pocket of her apron.

Anyway, I wouldn't consider it a plot hole, a minor glitch. It could be easily fixed by using a smaller box. I suppose they didn't plan ahead well enough.
FreezePeachNov 28, 2021 12:20 PM
Nov 28, 2021 12:17 PM

May 2019
barmar said:

I can’t believe we’ve already reached Turning Point 2 though next week can’t come soon enough.

Since it was mentioned, it is not spoiler for the anime anymore.

In the manga at least they exhibited something about his younger brother.

but what was that about his "wife"?
Nov 28, 2021 12:17 PM

Nov 2014
It felt strange that Aisha didn't catch on despite all the slips. In the end it was actually her who fooled Rudy lol. I like her.
Nov 28, 2021 12:24 PM
Nov 2021
FreezePeach said:
RonnieAP said:

Naah, his primary objective is to free Lilia and he didn't ask why she need to be rescued? This is literally life or death question. He wants to see Roxy and he didn't ask how she's been after whole 2+ years? He had like half a day to talk about it. And his relationship with Roxy never was that close. I don't buy it. Anyway, minor issues. Nitpicking is easy and the story in general is very satisfying.

Fd299 said:

Nope, in this episode she run to Aisha and hugged her. There were no box in her hands and there seem to be no pocket to put it in.

In episode 8 before the event Sylphi gives her amulet to Lilia and Lilia shows her the box. She gets the box from the bench and hides amulet in a pocket of her apron.

Anyway, I wouldn't consider it a plot hole, a minor glitch. It could be easily fixed by using a smaller box. I suppose they didn't plan ahead well enough.

I was talking about the light novel, since there are some parts that are removed and altered in the anime, even though not as ridiculous as the manga that completely changed the story.
Nov 28, 2021 12:32 PM
Aug 2019
FreezePeach said:
RonnieAP said:

Fd299 said:

FreezePeach said:
RonnieAP said:

Fd299 said:

I do agree on that...nitpicking is very easy...but I'm this nitpicky because I'm enjoying this story very much.
This is one of the few isekai animes in which, amidst all the fantasy elements, the story is very much focused on character drama and I'm loving it...
Nov 28, 2021 12:39 PM
Jan 2021
Rob7 said:
barmar said:

I can’t believe we’ve already reached Turning Point 2 though next week can’t come soon enough.

Since it was mentioned, it is not spoiler for the anime anymore.

In the manga at least they exhibited something about his younger brother.

but what was that about his "wife"?

He got in a political marriage, thought his wife was annoying and "disassembled" her causing a huge diplomatic incident. One of the reasons why he lost most of his personal guards.
Nov 28, 2021 1:05 PM

Nov 2016
They skip so much from the LN that even the manga looks better
Nov 28, 2021 1:07 PM
Mar 2010
I'm uncultured swine in comparison to Zanoba's passion for art.
Nov 28, 2021 1:12 PM

May 2019
revyHOLiC said:
They skip so much from the LN that even the manga looks better

Lol, the anime-only audience probably got just like Rudeus after Zanoba's moment.

"Wtf is happening here"?

- rescuing family what? where? how? what Ruijerd did that Ginger and the guards could not do themselves?
Nov 28, 2021 1:18 PM
Jan 2021
i cannot put my finger in it but this episode was amazing, like it was soo god damn good and i dont know why. normally it feels like the episodes are like a boring 8 minutes of my time but this time it was and amazing 10 minutes and i loved it, the figurine scene to the aisha finding out that the kernel master was rudus... it was such a great episode.
Nov 28, 2021 1:33 PM
Sep 2018
Aisha is so cute and smart, she proved both her mum and Rudeus wrong 😂
Nov 28, 2021 1:57 PM

Apr 2015
To think that Lilia and Aisha were transported in the middle of a lake. That thought alone is scary enough, I wouldn't want to imagine if that lake was frozen solid on the surface.

Well that didn't go how I was imagining it to go. Zanoba is next to Pax the other prince of that kingdom and holy shit the guy is absolutely mental, that actually worked out in Rudy's favor. Here I thought that Pax was going to be a threat, but Zanoba really threw that theory out of the window quickly. If Zanoba was so obsessed with Roxy, I am surprised he didn't kill Pax for making Roxy flee cause of the sexual harassement.

I loved the whole bit of Rudy and Zanoba talking about Roxy's figure and the features it has. I swear to god though, when I learned that said figure is actually getting a real life release, RIP my wallet.

In the end Lilia and Aisha got saved with Rudy doing fuck all. "I am sorry for calling you a pervert, big brother!" Ha! I knew that Aisha knew all along, after all the secret wasn't very well protected and her playing along with it just proves she is a bright and smart girl. I loved that. Bless Lilia for protecting Rudy's treasure box, this time including a little extra from Sylphie!
Nov 28, 2021 2:03 PM

Jan 2013
Prince Zanoba the Weeb GOAT lol
yelled at when Aisha knew who Rudy was lol
Nov 28, 2021 2:03 PM

Jul 2017
CeddyyBearr said:
If Zanoba was so obsessed with Roxy, I am surprised he didn't kill Pax for making Roxy flee cause of the sexual harassement.

It's more the figurine and craftsmanship that made him obsessed with Roxy more than anything, a connoisseur of fine arts to the point where he even sold off the few subordinates he had to Pax for the figurine. The figurine concept and breakdown did look really cool there with how multiple layers were there and how much he studied how it worked. He's fine with Roxy but her leaving because of Pax doesn't do much for him at the time, it just makes Pax look bad. But yeah now that he has context with Rudeus being his 'master' and new god in a sense, in hindsight, he might have a different perspective on how he would have dealt with Pax back then.
Nov 28, 2021 2:11 PM

Oct 2012
The Shirone Mini arc has always been a touch mid for Mushoku. I think Mushoku is at its weakest when it's in the setup phase when compared to other series. Magaonte likes to set shit up for waaaay down the line with little immediate pay-off. This is both a benefit to the series and a bit of a weakness. Those payoffs are generally excellent and make the peaks all the more peak, but in the moment things feel very underwhelming and a bit more a chore than they need to be. It's still entertaining, but without hindsight it very much feels like filler.
Nov 28, 2021 2:11 PM
Apr 2020
Say I just finished this episode, where would I start the Ln?
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Part 2 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Homura24 - Dec 19, 2021

464 by edufaduncio »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Part 2 Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 7, 2021

310 by Anayan_Kashyap »»
Yesterday, 11:02 AM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Part 2 Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Oct 31, 2021

396 by Anayan_Kashyap »»
Yesterday, 9:05 AM

» Why does Ferry for Ruijerd cost so much?

delloskill - Apr 22

7 by Dan_ALves »»
Apr 22, 5:11 PM

» Some context for Eris's actions on the last episode (minor spoilers for the next episode)

Kitsune_089 - Dec 13, 2021

17 by Flaire0153 »»
Apr 21, 9:24 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.