Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 27, 2021 7:54 AM
Dec 2020
Ok, this recap was very just, not needed, It has been 7 episodes, and not all that much has happened, either way, guess we have to wait another week for fresh stuff.

Edit: People wanna cry that I made this forum, so Imma add smth here, which should be completely obvious but people clearly dont see that.

I DO APPRECIATE THE HARD WORK OF THE PEOPLE WORKING ON THE ANIME, ITS JUST THEIR COULD BE BETTER WAYS THEN JUST THROWING IN A COMPLETE RECAP WITH NOT EVEN COMMENTARY ADDED OVER IT.

cool, now do what u want i wanna mute this forum coz people are getting so triggered at me for like 0 reason.
iskarzzzyNov 28, 2021 2:12 AM
some people...
Nov 27, 2021 8:10 AM

Jan 2021
ffs I Haven't seen it yet but why is a recap episode needed when most of it has been a prologue.
Nov 27, 2021 8:14 AM
Dec 2007
Wonder if its production issues. It's pretty common for a recap episode to be thrown together when theres problems (86, and WEP come to mind)
Nov 27, 2021 8:38 AM
Dec 2020
GGcc78 said:
Wonder if its production issues. It's pretty common for a recap episode to be thrown together when theres problems (86, and WEP come to mind)

could be, but I haven't read about their being problems for this one, as of this message. but could be
some people...
Nov 27, 2021 8:45 AM

Apr 2021
Is there anything new in this episode at all or is it just 100% recap?
Nov 27, 2021 8:48 AM
Dec 2020
SafetyInLetters said:
Is there anything new in this episode at all or is it just 100% recap?

100% recap, it doesnt even count as one of the 12 episodes, so just keep 7/12 done for now. next week hopefully we get episode 8
some people...
Nov 27, 2021 8:51 AM

Mar 2016
Finally the story was moving on, and then this recap episode appears, like are you serious?
No tomo malas decisiones, solo me gusta apoyar causas perdidas.
Disfruté Mayoiga, Ou-sama Game, Evil or Live, Mirai Nikki, Big Order, Arifureta, Ex-Arm, Tesla Note, Shuumatsu no Harem y Platinum End
nope les falle con esa, lo siento pero todos tenemos nuestros límites.
Así de jodido es mi gusto en anime, ¡Y estoy pinche orgulloso de ello!

Nov 27, 2021 8:52 AM
Jul 2021
hmstr said:
Ok, this recap was very just, not needed, It has been 7 episodes, and not all that much has happened, either way, guess we have to wait another week for fresh stuff.

Seriously soo annoying. If you aren't going to be ready then just SKIP a week and focus on improving the animation for the next episodes ugh
Nov 27, 2021 9:00 AM
Jun 2020
People doesnt understand that in Japan the tv place is very important and most of the time already bought. So instead of lose the place they bring a recap episode!
Nov 27, 2021 9:05 AM
Sep 2016
They cant just skip the episode, they have to provide something for the stations that have allocated that time slot for something to air otherwise be in breach of contract and this could cause issues for future productions etc

It's not uncommon for episodes to be finalised the day before they are aired...or even the same day, which I find unbelievable but I guess that's just how they have come to operate.

Only positive I can see is that maybe episode 8 has some cool sakuga sequence that caused the delay that we can maybe look forward to.
Nov 27, 2021 9:16 AM
Jul 2021
DuoTM said:
They cant just skip the episode, they have to provide something for the stations that have allocated that time slot for something to air otherwise be in breach of contract and this could cause issues for future productions etc

It's not uncommon for episodes to be finalised the day before they are aired...or even the same day, which I find unbelievable but I guess that's just how they have come to operate.

Only positive I can see is that maybe episode 8 has some cool sakuga sequence that caused the delay that we can maybe look forward to.

I hope so too, it would be good to see new characters and their abilities after a getting the recap and losing a week.
Nov 27, 2021 9:42 AM

Jan 2021
LOKOOPA said:
People doesnt understand that in Japan the tv place is very important and most of the time already bought. So instead of lose the place they bring a recap episode!
But then they have to buy another slot after though making the point kind of pointless, the studio could of easily done a rerun on another show they made or something.
Nov 27, 2021 10:30 AM

Dec 2015
Unnecessary recap. And bad. They cut the first parts (youth/education) pretty short and mainly focused on the fight vs the god and then the stuff with Menel and the village.

Pacing felt - even for a recap - pretty weird. Focus on including a lot of the action stuff and other stuff too short.

There have been better recaps - even inf only taking the "classic" (= ne special stuff in the narratoin) recaps into account. Usually you'd at least have expected to get a equal focus on all the stuff (episodes 1-3 were almost skipped fully and too much focus on the later stuff ... that we still remember a lot better).

----

2/5.
Going with 6/10 for my list score. I usually give score of the main show +-1 or 2.

This was better than the first 86 specia- where only the VAs commented. It was a "classic" recap. (No special narration.) But they pacing felt - even for a recap - pretty odd.

Focus on the action and the later stuff we still remember pretty well. And episodes 1-3 got cut pretty short I think. They skipped directly to where Stagnate appeared. Can only go with a low score here then.

Mod Edit: Merged posts.
anime-primeNov 28, 2021 6:46 AM
Nov 27, 2021 10:36 AM

Jun 2007
recap episodes are always useless ... but when it's done in a 12-episode show? It surpasses utter uselessness.
Nov 27, 2021 11:21 AM
Dec 2020
LOKOOPA said:

I do understand that, but an easy fix would be actually completing the anime before it starts airing instead of finishing it before an episode airs, its a stupid system. I appreciate the peoples work, but it should be completed COMPLETELY before airing, simple.
some people...
Nov 27, 2021 2:44 PM

Mar 2010
I was disappointed.. but I guess I can just watch other anime in the meantime.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Nov 27, 2021 5:15 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Cheap kind of recap with no additional content or whatsoever. Just skip this and everything is fine.
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Nov 27, 2021 6:06 PM

Jun 2021
I keep forgetting Will got isekai'd because it's just a pointless addition to the story. But we got a reminder for everyone who forgot, so that's nice.
Nov 27, 2021 8:37 PM
Feb 2020
I have dropped anime because a recap episode broke the flow of the story. Only time a recap should be done is maybe the first part of a new season or as bonus episode at the end of a season. But not mid way through.
Nov 27, 2021 9:56 PM

Oct 2010
Recaps are an easy skip and definitely help when I'm behind on other shows.

They're also good list fodder.
Nov 27, 2021 10:21 PM
May 2021
hmstr said:
GGcc78 said:

could be, but I haven't read about their being problems for this one, as of this message. but could be
Probably just a trend at this point, it’s becoming annoyingly popular amongst 12 episode anime to slap a .5 episode somewhere in between. Hell, 86 had two almost back to back and that’s one of the biggest shows this season.
Nov 27, 2021 11:40 PM

Jun 2021
This is the worse recap of all recaps I've seen.
“Think not of your future or your past, just your current self. Think about the now and focus, then throw out your very identity”
Nov 28, 2021 12:37 AM
Jan 2015
hmstr said:

I do understand that, but an easy fix would be actually completing the anime before it starts airing instead of finishing it before an episode airs, its a stupid system. I appreciate the peoples work, but it should be completed COMPLETELY before airing, simple.

You provide no arguments, or even some kind of logic to why this would be better from a company POV. Working that way allows them to spend less time without revenue and the anime comes out faster, this is better for the publisher (manga/ln) since they are paying for the anime most of times, the anime also helps boosting the manga/ln sales.

Btw, the work while the anime is airing is mostly post-production and sometimes fixing issues that weren't noticed beforehand. Sure this can be different for each anime/studio depending on their needs.

You might be surprised to know that this applies to other medias too, not only anime. Generally speaking it works fine, otherwise you would be seeing a lot of delays and issues everywhere- you probably know this rarely happens, around one or two anime per season.
Nov 28, 2021 1:00 AM

Sep 2011
_Kuroe_ said:
hmstr said:

You provide no arguments, or even some kind of logic to why this would be better from a company POV. Working that way allows them to spend less time without revenue and the anime comes out faster, this is better for the publisher (manga/ln) since they are paying for the anime most of times, the anime also helps boosting the manga/ln sales.

Btw, the work while the anime is airing is mostly post-production and sometimes fixing issues that weren't noticed beforehand. Sure this can be different for each anime/studio depending on their needs.

You might be surprised to know that this applies to other medias too, not only anime. Generally speaking it works fine, otherwise you would be seeing a lot of delays and issues everywhere- you probably know this rarely happens, around one or two anime per season.

Also the quality is far better in animation (one episode per week), just check the bad quality of netflix shows that were launched as complete in first day (gokushufudou, super crooks, etc).
for the rest of readers :
I do recommend searching on YouTube "how the anime industry works " since most of you just take everything for granted.
Nov 28, 2021 2:09 AM
Dec 2020
De4su said:
_Kuroe_ said:

Also the quality is far better in animation (one episode per week), just check the bad quality of netflix shows that were launched as complete in first day (gokushufudou, super crooks, etc).
for the rest of readers :
I do recommend searching on YouTube "how the anime industry works " since most of you just take everything for granted.

That's just a Netflix problem, I think if they actually worked on it for longer before releasing then it's fixed, they shouldn't really be pushing it out when it's not well done.

I said to have it completely made before airing but I didn't say to have it made how Netflix made theirs. If it's fully completed in good quality, even if it takes longer, I think that's worth it.

But, don't say I don't appreciate what is given, that's stupid, I'm just trying to think of possible fixes and I'm getting bashed for doing that, so weird how some people are here. I, for one, dont take it for granted. I know how much hard work is put it and how little the workers are rewarded, I'm basically just theorizing a better system, I DONT WORK IN THE INDUSTRY to know every little detail.
some people...
Nov 28, 2021 2:36 AM

Jul 2009
I don't know what's the point of this recap. Oh well, it's not like this show is the best thing I've ever seen so it doesn't bother me that much, I'll just patiently wait for the next episode.
Nov 28, 2021 3:31 AM

Feb 2015
Nothing much has happened in this show in seven episodes, honestly the pacing is so slow. The recap is a joke.
Nov 28, 2021 5:16 AM
May 2020
we srsly didnt need a recap wtf
Nov 28, 2021 6:36 AM
Community Mod
Peacemaker

Jan 2017
This thread has been properly formatted into a proper episode thread and has been cleaned.
anime-primeNov 28, 2021 6:41 AM
Nov 28, 2021 7:33 AM

Jul 2017
The recap is a joke though, but production issues what are you gonna say about this.
Nov 28, 2021 1:16 PM

Jun 2014
I've seen recaps for a lot of other series and this is easily the worst. They didn't even try to make it watchable lol
Nov 28, 2021 4:56 PM
~Watching Anime

Oct 2018
A really poorly done recap; perhaps production issues cover?
Have suspicions, not faith.
Nov 30, 2021 6:48 AM
Jan 2015
hmstr said:

even if it takes longer, I think that's worth it.

For you, the consumer, not for the company. Anime is all about money in the end, like anything else, and we all know time is money.

Just to clear things out, idk if that bashing part was also directed at me but I'm just arguing about what you said, no offenses intended.
Dec 8, 2021 11:26 PM

Dec 2020
the worst un-needed recap ever and a really bad one at that. i think doing a "special seiyuu" like 86 or something like that would've been better but eh glad they took a break instead of forcing shit out

More topics from this board

» I agree its bad but ..

DarkGamerA - Nov 29, 2021

2 by NikunjK19 »»
Dec 3, 2021 1:58 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.