Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Banished from the Hero's Party, I Decided to Live a Quiet Life in the Countryside (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Nov 28, 2021 12:06 AM
Jul 2021
In my opinion this Anime have deserve more than a 7 Rating. Honestly why is this demon Slayer shit that we become this season is just trash becomes a better Rating than this series when it is the same as the movie!!!!!?
I Love demon Slayer but I hate this season for Just money making, I mean all real demon Slayer Fans already See the movie, so we don't need that shit that is every Week in TV right now! (Just my opinion, so Lets Start a discussion below)
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Nov 28, 2021 12:17 AM
Aug 2020
Youre_boyIruma said:
In my opinion this Anime have deserve more than a 7 Rating. Honestly why is this demon Slayer shit that we become this season is just trash becomes a better Rating than this series when it is the same as the movie!!!!!?
I Love demon Slayer but I hate this season for Just money making, I mean all real demon Slayer Fans already See the movie, so we don't need that shit that is every Week in TV right now! (Just my opinion, so Lets Start a discussion below)
If you don't want to watch the fucking rewatch of the movie don't watch it! Use your mind only for a moment
Nov 28, 2021 12:37 AM
Jun 2021
veahawks5414Nov 28, 2021 12:46 AM
Nov 28, 2021 12:49 AM
Jul 2021
XNohaco2468 said:
Youre_boyIruma said:
If you don't want to watch the fucking rewatch of the movie don't watch it! Use your mind only for a moment
yeah i Just watched the First four Ep!
Nov 28, 2021 1:08 AM
Jul 2021
Totally agreed,
The rating is a bit low.
Deserves more
Nov 28, 2021 1:15 AM
Jul 2021
Abhi_172003 said:
Totally agreed,
The rating is a bit low.
Deserves more
i'm interested so have you watched all Ep from the actually demon Slayer season or Just Like me a few Ep?
Youre_boyIrumaNov 28, 2021 1:21 AM
Nov 28, 2021 1:18 AM

Jun 2021
I mean it's pretty generic tbh I also dropped it after intial episodes..

Don't jackshit on diff anime mate just because the anime you like is rated low

Rating on MAL is anyway broken from a long time
Nov 28, 2021 1:21 AM

Jan 2021
The animation is total ass and basically all the story not regarding the romance is completely uninteresting.

The score is fair imo.

Nov 28, 2021 1:31 AM
Jul 2021
Pred8r said:
I mean it's pretty generic tbh I also dropped it after intial episodes..

Don't jackshit on diff anime mate just because the anime you like is rated low

Rating on MAL is anyway broken from a long time
yeah i don't have anything to say against that. How i Said to the beginning.... Every Person have there owne opinione (sorry for my english of there is anything wrong) so how
much opinions they are they better
Youre_boyIrumaNov 28, 2021 1:35 AM
Nov 28, 2021 1:33 AM

Jul 2021
I dropped it so I can't say anything but from what I've seen, the score is fair already, 7.12 is not even that bad of a score.

Anyways, this thread broke the rule, it will get lock soon.
Nov 28, 2021 1:47 AM

Jun 2021
dabdabgoose said:
The animation is total ass and basically all the story not regarding the romance is completely uninteresting.

The score is fair imo.

Yeah I would say it's rated high Lol
Nov 28, 2021 2:08 AM

Sep 2018
I think a 7 is fair. There are lots of wholesome moments and the romance is quite cute, but the writing and plot are pretty bad. Though I’m a fan of the parts with the members of the hero’s party
DeaneDec 8, 2021 2:35 PM
Nov 28, 2021 2:17 AM

Jan 2020
Agreed. For a fluffy romance with good fantasy backdrop this should definitely be higher
Nov 28, 2021 3:26 AM
Jun 2020
This Show deserves a score of 8 in my opinion but the only thing I hate is the that the story pacing is a bit too fast and they are skipping many important things from the light novel
Nov 28, 2021 4:40 AM
Mar 2021
Nah it's about right. The drama in the show let's it down, but the romance hard carries it.
Nov 28, 2021 5:26 AM

Jan 2020
I personally didn't think it was too great. I've seen way better slice of life anime.
Nov 28, 2021 8:19 AM

Nov 2019
Youre_boyIruma said:

Understandable, have a noice day.
Help! I need somebody. Help! Not just anybody. Help! You know I need someone. Helpppppp!

Nov 28, 2021 9:52 AM
Nov 2016
7.1 isn't low, especially for an isekai. A slow life one to boot.
That said, the flashbacks absolutely ruin the pace of this show imo.
Nov 28, 2021 11:03 AM
Sep 2015
BlueSnow93 said:
7.1 isn't low, especially for an isekai. A slow life one to boot.
That said, the flashbacks absolutely ruin the pace of this show imo.

THIS ISNT A ISEKAI.....

Im a big fan of this show (and a ln reader too) But i think overall is a 7 not that bad, it deserve more but thats my opinion, taste are different^^

One of the awesome parts of this anime most ppl seems to forget, the opening is a masterpiece, i never skip it cause it always brings me in the right mood. For me is the sound of an anime important and op/ed is a part of it.
And shin no nakama nailed it!
Nov 28, 2021 12:11 PM
Nov 2016
Damn, you're right it's not isekai. But still, 7 is fine for a mediocre slow life fantasy show with an annoying amount of boring flashbacks.
Nov 28, 2021 1:05 PM
Mar 2021
it's not really low, per se, it's that there's massive score inflation across the board so half the shows that are above 7 really shouldn't be. everyone just tosses out 10s and 9s like candy.

but nobody gives this show a 10, it's just so obviously in the 5-7 range (note: a show with a MAL score of 5 is usually actually a 3 or a 2, actual 5's tend to be in the 6.5-7.25 range). it's extremely mid, with low production values and a weak story buoyed by two intensely likable leads with great chemistry and actual romantic progression. it has interesting story ideas but doesn't use them particularly well. Which is not to say it's bad, because this is still better than at least 50% of the other seasonals. it has to be better than Yashahime, lol, I refuse to believe otherwise.
Nov 28, 2021 1:39 PM
Dec 2020
I don't really dislike the fluffy romance stuff, but I can't enjoy it because I hate Red so much. All I see when I look at him is the piece of shit that abandoned his little sister.
Nov 28, 2021 3:31 PM
Dec 2016
dabdabgoose said:

The score is fair imo.

ah nailed it, romance is not justified and had its hit and miss moment, other characters are simply uninteresting. And animation is simply make me think that this is hentai anime created 15 years ago.

So 7,2 is pretty justified. Even if this show get higher score, it is unjustifiable to go beyond 7,5. 7,5 to this show is already a heresy to begin with
niam1708Nov 28, 2021 3:47 PM
Nov 28, 2021 10:12 PM
Oct 2017
You want to see a decent fantasy romance go watch spice and wolf
Nov 29, 2021 3:37 AM
May 2021
dabdabgoose said:

The score is fair imo.

I agree, the romance is the only thing pulling me back in every week. Few shows get as bold as this one in terms of relationship stuff.
Nov 29, 2021 4:07 AM

Aug 2017
this show is trash it should be in low 6s in my opinion
Nov 29, 2021 10:57 AM
Oct 2020
veahawks5414 said:

What this person said.
Nov 29, 2021 7:55 PM

Jun 2019
It really depends entirely on how you score things to begin with.

The fact that MAL scores by the userbase skew generally higher does not elude me, but even a 7 itself - as in a flat 7.00 - would constitute a "good" rating. And 7 to me personally is a satisfying and good rating. Even using the official MAL descriptor, the 7 rating is labeled as "Good".

To put it in perspective, I'm watching 19 seasonals, this is one of my favorite series and most enjoyed of the season - somewhere in the top five most definitely - and I don't anticipate rating it over 7. I actually doubt that I'll end up rating any autumn 2021 season series higher than a 7. And I've only had one 8-rated series all year (and nothing higher).

So 7 is still the average "Good" rating to many.
Nov 30, 2021 4:17 PM
Nov 2016
WatchTillTandava said:
It really depends entirely on how you score things to begin with.

The fact that MAL scores by the userbase skew generally higher does not elude me, but even a 7 itself - as in a flat 7.00 - would constitute a "good" rating. And 7 to me personally is a satisfying and good rating. Even using the official MAL descriptor, the 7 rating is labeled as "Good".

To put it in perspective, I'm watching 19 seasonals, this is one of my favorite series and most enjoyed of the season - somewhere in the top five most definitely - and I don't anticipate rating it over 7. I actually doubt that I'll end up rating any autumn 2021 season series higher than a 7. And I've only had one 8-rated series all year (and nothing higher).

So 7 is still the average "Good" rating to many.

Yeah. To me 7.00 is "decent and worth a watch. Don't expect anything amazing tho". Would recommend.
6.00 is "Watchable and fun/entertaining for the most part but can be annoying/bad at times." Would not recommend.
Dec 2, 2021 2:40 AM
Oct 2019
"Anime fans" these days dont prefer wholesome adventure SOL themed because it doesnt have much fight scenes lul
Dec 2, 2021 11:25 AM

Nov 2014
Rating is never too low, nor is it too high. Rating is always what users give it /shrug

Kev00n_Gozen said:
"Anime fans" these days dont prefer wholesome adventure SOL themed because it doesnt have much fight scenes lul

As a big fan of SOL anime I'd say this one is pretty damn bad at this role. It keeps breaking the relaxing mood with action and serious moments/tension way too much to be fun from SOL perspective, but it tries to be SOL which makes it not enjoyabe as action or adventure title either. To me this anime failed at what it adversited, and looking at score it's not just me.
JustAnotherShiroDec 2, 2021 11:29 AM
Dec 2, 2021 3:00 PM

Aug 2017
It's pretty generic so a lot of people rated it low because of that. Although I am watching it for that exact reason.

My biggest regret: Reading all 200+ chapters of Kanojo, Okarishimasu
Dec 2, 2021 3:33 PM
Sep 2021
Damn why the rating so low?? it's a good romance with good plot to be honest it's better than Kny with only recap episodes Lol but still getting high rate even tho in japan it has low rating here in MAL it gets high rating Lol kids love anime that suitable for them,
Dec 2, 2021 7:11 PM
Oct 2019
Panzer92 said:
Rating is never too low, nor is it too high. Rating is always what users give it /shrug

Kev00n_Gozen said:

As a big fan of SOL anime I'd say this one is pretty damn bad at this role. It keeps breaking the relaxing mood with action and serious moments/tension way too much to be fun from SOL perspective, but it tries to be SOL which makes it not enjoyabe as action or adventure title either. To me this anime failed at what it adversited, and looking at score it's not just me.

Well i get you but the thing is its not PURELY yuru camp and non non biyori kind of sol wholesome vibes because uhhh yknow? It has ADVENTURE plot in it? Naturally those genre will collide in this anime which brings your comment.
I dont fully enjoy it but i do also like some parts of it aside from the mini fight scenes
Dec 2, 2021 9:03 PM

Jun 2019
Panzer92 said:

As another big fan of SoL anime - at least, it's in my top five genres (probably second only to Thriller) - this willingness to depart from the confines of strict adherence to thinking any given show always has to submit to one primary genre or dominant genres and distinguish itself from series which avoid straying from that in fear of appearing "tonally inconsistent" (which apparently is a cardinal sin to many folks) is part of what makes the series and any series willing and able to do the same so great, real, alive, and dynamic feeling. They're not boxed into one genre. Much like real life, they can be anything, go anywhere. It feels a lot less like just going through more formulaic motions of genre restriction to actually watch life unfold in that world and for the characters at the center of it. A "whole life" anime. One could even make the argument that it captures something essential about what Slice of Life means, can be and do, and sometimes should be.

I find series that follow such logic almost automatically a lot more immersive and realistic in a positive way ("realistic" even if they involve supernatural elements such as witches, demons, etc.) than series for which the rules of their world is fixed from the start and they basically advertise that they will be forced to walk along a very narrow path and not stray over the sides and color outside the lines. Real life is messy. There's no reason SoL shouldn't be too (at least, some SoL series; not saying every one of the genre has to be crafted in this vein, but there's a definite place for it and definitely people like me who appreciate and want to see it).
WatchTillTandavaDec 2, 2021 9:10 PM
Dec 3, 2021 5:18 AM

Mar 2018
Thread Locked for breaking Rule 2 of Anime Discussion:

2. Please refrain from creating threads that do not encourage meaningful and/or civil discussion. This includes, but is not limited to:
e. MAL community data (e.g. Questioning the score/ranking/character favorite counts, saying that series X should have a higher/lower score/count, specific reviews, moderation of data/community content/reviews, etc.)

Threads about ranking and/or scores just encourage flame wars between people who like the show and people who dislike it or X is better than Y.
You can use the Most Overrated/Underrated thread to talk about if the anime is overrated/underrated.

☆  PlayStation: KoitoTV
☆  Discord: Koito
☆  Twitch Koito
☆  @Koito91
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shin no Nakama ja Nai to Yuusha no Party wo Oidasareta node, Henkyou de Slow Life suru Koto ni Shimashita Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 29, 2021

149 by Zzz168 »»
Yesterday, 9:25 PM

Poll: » Shin no Nakama ja Nai to Yuusha no Party wo Oidasareta node, Henkyou de Slow Life suru Koto ni Shimashita Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 22, 2021

75 by Garrett_Dark »»
Apr 8, 8:13 AM

Poll: » Shin no Nakama ja Nai to Yuusha no Party wo Oidasareta node, Henkyou de Slow Life suru Koto ni Shimashita Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 10, 2021

81 by Garrett_Dark »»
Apr 7, 9:05 PM

Poll: » Shin no Nakama ja Nai to Yuusha no Party wo Oidasareta node, Henkyou de Slow Life suru Koto ni Shimashita Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 3, 2021

101 by Garrett_Dark »»
Apr 7, 7:33 PM

Poll: » Shin no Nakama ja Nai to Yuusha no Party wo Oidasareta node, Henkyou de Slow Life suru Koto ni Shimashita Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 24, 2021

88 by S-Lumiere »»
Apr 6, 12:12 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.