Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Nov 25, 2021 9:04 AM

Nov 2011
Bojji is growing up everdyay and becoming a disciple is yet another step to his growth. For someone his age and size, he works for his role and I believe he has what it takes.

He's still kinda clumsy at times..like almost dropping a weapon on his own face. I still think he has a lot of room to grow as a character.
Nov 25, 2021 12:22 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Ooh, that little cliffhanger at the end! Cannot wait for the next episode.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Nov 25, 2021 12:48 PM

Nov 2007
OK we know he is cursed, mentioned by ugly faced Underworld Bro. But to the degree he can not carry bucket of water? His body would die on it's own if he is so weak he can't handle anything. Feels a bit too much.
Yet at the same time he had no problem pushing door to his Father room so it's even more strange.
I get it he can't generate enough force to really fight, but he should have enough to function like human. Even weak human can carry bucket of water. At least a bit :D

But ye that's only nitpick, otherwise really great episode. That new guy was fun, you can expect some things about him but he still surprised. I wonder if our BoyKing got his 5leaf grimoire now :D (I guess he chose magic as his weapon, low STR, max INT)
Nov 25, 2021 12:53 PM

Feb 2017
That's a pretty interesting implication in the ending scene with Daida. So there seems to be some sort of spirit which inherits the bodies of this lineage. From Bosse to now Daida and the "again" implies it went from some one else to Bosse before. Who knows how many generations that practice has been repeated.
TsarkoNov 25, 2021 1:00 PM
Nov 25, 2021 12:56 PM

May 2021
Great episode! Despa agrees to train Boji... for a lot of money xD. He also is pretty weak himself though great at guiding and training others. Boji finds the weapon for him and it seems he has grown incredibly strong splitting that rock in half! Boji stomachs can even handle poisons and a lot of stuff due to him being a descendant of a giant and he cooks the worst meal I have ever seen for Kage and Despa's breakfast who eat it to be polite lol. That cliffhanger..

Looking forward to the next episode!
AISHITERU...REM!
Nov 25, 2021 12:56 PM

Nov 2013
Did Bojji just learn some Kung Fu in there? That would make sense. Using the opponent's strength against themselves and shit.

So, is Daida gone gone now? I wonder if he's possessed forever.
Nov 25, 2021 12:57 PM
Jul 2021
Finally got to watch it, but my question to everyone is, What do yoo think Bojji picked for his weapon?
Nov 25, 2021 12:57 PM
Jan 2021
bojjis cooking gives me shinon vibes

Nov 25, 2021 12:59 PM

Nov 2007
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Nov 25, 2021 1:01 PM
May 2020
So, we get to see Bojji’s training. Since he can’t get physical strength, his training seems to be a little different; but it’s good to see his progress ( cutting a rock in half ). Also, Bojji literally just concoct poison; luckily being a giant he’s immune to poisons.

“I’ve sacrificed another son” this is obviously Bosse. He is probably the cause of Bojji’s curse, and now he’s using Daida as a vessel.
Nov 25, 2021 1:02 PM
Mar 2018
So it was a resurrection elixir in the end... Makes sense, and the clues were all there. The phoenix, the base being the father's body...

I'm really sorry Daida... You were a decent character, and it's a pity your development was for naught. There's still hope, but I'm not holding my breath.

On Bojji's side, wholesomeness reached new heights. I wonder what that weapon is... The teasing... It's probably going to be something silly and unbelievable but I don't care.

Despa (Death-Par?) turned out to be an interesting character on his own. A frankeinsteinish version of the Blonde Prince Charming stereotype where he's actually really decent and competent at heart. He's got flaws (pride, greed), but he's also surprisingly no-nonsense and honest. And looks like he's delivering with Bojji's training. I'm pleasantly impressed.

Looking forward to the revelations next episode.
Nov 25, 2021 1:04 PM

Jul 2011
Despa is exactly how I imagined with that voice, narcissist but honest.

With that very expressive food scene I wonder if human food culinary overall just taste kinda bland to Bojji.

That end could means: Or Bosse is real evil or he doesn't want the next king to be easily corrupted.
Miranjo can be the crazy stalker, that Bosse is already tired and dont feel like confronting about killing his kids anymore.
Nov 25, 2021 1:06 PM
Mar 2018
Mmr123 said:
“I’ve sacrificed another son” this is obviously Bosse. He is probably the cause of Bojji’s curse, and now he’s using Daida as a vessel.

This is a great insight! Didn't occur to me, but maybe Bosse stole the giant's strength from his son. His mother was a giantess too, if the prelude is any indication, and if he's only half-giant, the father must not have been a true giant himself...

The scene where the devil grins at Bojji after leaving Bosse's body... Bosse must have made some sort of faustian deal.
Nov 25, 2021 1:11 PM

Jun 2021
I always thought Bojji's going to become a snake-handler; he's quick and agile, has befriended snakes in the past, has a resistance to poisons. But no, it looks like they're going with a different idea for him. Can't wait to see what it is.
Nov 25, 2021 1:25 PM

Jul 2017
I didn't enjoy the Despa stuff with Bojji and Kage and some of the comedy there that much but it is important for Bojji's overall growth so hopefully it pays off well in the long run (that rock at the end already showing its work). I've been more interested in Daida's side of the story the past few weeks with the elixir being consumed now forcefully and that cliffhanger too was great and makes Bosse's situation an even more compelling one. Not much to complain about pacing-wise this week.
Nov 25, 2021 1:34 PM

Nov 2016
Training arc with all the amusing tropes has started. This series is too charming.

Also intrigued by the ending and the potenial reincarnation of Bosse.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Nov 25, 2021 1:36 PM

Jan 2015
Wow who was the episode director this week? The animation looked wonderful. The training and the whole 20 mins run were very fun, entertaining and nice to look at!

Seems like Bojji’s got some potential?
XenocrisiNov 25, 2021 1:41 PM
Nov 25, 2021 1:40 PM

Jul 2019
Xenocrisi said:
Wow who was the episode director this week? The animation looked wonderful and the training and the whole 20 mins run, very fun, entertaining and nice to look at!
Shouta Goshazono (Also known as Gosso). He is a great animator which is starting now directing and storyboarding episodes (he did episode 8 and 17 of jjk) and he has a ton of potencial, this episode probably had the best directing of the show so far, he is getting better and better by the day
Nov 25, 2021 1:42 PM
Oct 2016
The lightest episode so far apart from maybe the premiere. But this one didn't make me tear up or make my heart hurt at some point during watching. Which is nice to have a break from constant sadness and pain. There were tons of funny moments especially when Bojji tried to make breakfast and failed horribly almost poisoning Despa and Kage. The animation looked so good during that scene them almost puking up the food. Lots of good animation this episode some of the best so far. I liked just seeing Despa access and train Bojji. Him and Kage seem to be treated well by Despa. No form of trickery or deception, Despa just took the cash and agreed to the job.

Very sad to hear that Bojji doesn't have any physical strength to increase, like none at all, but he's got heart and determination to get stronger anyways. Bojji put through some intense training with Despa in that room, the one peculiar thing is Despa wanting to train Bojji without Kage seeing. I hope its nothing nefarious like Despa trying to control Bojji or something. But things at the least are looking up with Bojji training getting his hands toughened up.
Nov 25, 2021 1:53 PM
Mar 2009
Dukino said:
Bojji put through some intense training with Despa in that room, the one peculiar thing is Despa wanting to train Bojji without Kage seeing. I hope its nothing nefarious like Despa trying to control Bojji or something. But things at the least are looking up with Bojji training getting his hands toughened up.

I suspect it's going to be some sort of martial art that a noble like Despa would not want a commoner like Kage to know how to use, in much the same way certain martial arts were protected through history.
Nov 25, 2021 1:54 PM

Nov 2021
booji wil make his sterotypical shonen transformation

this episode was very slow, the story and the animation is beautiful so far tough
highinhibitionNov 25, 2021 2:32 PM
Nov 25, 2021 1:57 PM
Jun 2013
highinhibition said:
in the end booji will win and defeat everybody it is obvious

I think in the future kage will be killed and then booji wil make his sterotypical shonen transformation

this episode was very slow, the story and the animation is beautiful so far tough

it is a seinen....
Nov 25, 2021 2:25 PM

May 2019
looking forward for bojji training to defeat..............never mind, we all now know what happen to daida, press 'F' for him
Nov 25, 2021 2:42 PM
Jul 2015
Potkaniak said:
OK we know he is cursed, mentioned by ugly faced Underworld Bro. But to the degree he can not carry bucket of water? His body would die on it's own if he is so weak he can't handle anything. Feels a bit too much.
Yet at the same time he had no problem pushing door to his Father room so it's even more strange.
I get it he can't generate enough force to really fight, but he should have enough to function like human. Even weak human can carry bucket of water. At least a bit :D

But ye that's only nitpick, otherwise really great episode. That new guy was fun, you can expect some things about him but he still surprised. I wonder if our BoyKing got his 5leaf grimoire now :D (I guess he chose magic as his weapon, low STR, max INT)

He has the body of a toddler, I don't think a toddler can carry a full bucket thats half his size.
Nov 25, 2021 3:01 PM

Sep 2018
"I have sacrificed another son". So King Bosse has obviously been reincarnated and was the one who seemingly sacrificed Bojji's own body for power, a time ago.

We haven't had too many scenes with Bosse, there was the one in his bed, bonding with his son at his bedside, lol, yet another "flip 180" for a character, first it was the Queen, then Bebin, then Domas and now Bosse. We get it already, hell, I made a thread on this the other week lol.

And there's the typical shounen power training arc, looks like Bojji got some asspull power as he's now able to split boulders in half, wow.

Sigh.............................

Another week, another rather disappointing episode. You'd expect greatness with a score like this, yet all I see is repetitiveness, clichés abound and one of the most unoriginal stories I've seen in a long time.
Nov 25, 2021 3:02 PM

Dec 2016
Oleogm said:
highinhibition said:
in the end booji will win and defeat everybody it is obvious

I think in the future kage will be killed and then booji wil make his sterotypical shonen transformation

it is a seinen....

Webcomics don't use labels such as shonen, seinen, etc
Nov 25, 2021 3:28 PM

Mar 2016
This episode was okay to put it nicely, though it hasn’t really nulled any of my personal misgivings I had with the series early on.

When the show isn’t caught up trying to press pity for Bojji and juggles with silly plot devices, it’s actually pretty good and honestly I do enjoy the dynamics with him and Kage. Their relationship is legit the best thing this series has right now.

It’s fun seeing the whole “training” with Despa and all, though I rolled my eyes with Bojji’s stated lack of physical strength, which is obviously a curse of sorts, and even though it wasn’t any physically chronic or anything, somehow he’s able to jump and run around and even do hard labor like cleanup chores by himself, which would require at least some notable amount of physical strength...this doesn’t really add up with the notion of the former, but hey, this series revels in running on nonsense quite often.

Daida’s segment seems like trouble, for better or worse. I only smell more silly contrivances.

The long list of ADs this time around is a bit concerning, ngl.
RyuseishunNov 25, 2021 3:44 PM
Nov 25, 2021 4:02 PM
Sep 2021
Very interesting episode, and well animated as always !!

--------------

Theory :

What if the Demon we saw coming out of Bosse's body, was linked to Bojji to ensure that, as long as Bojji is alive, Bosse could be reincarnated ? (the Demon acting as a "save" for Bosse's soul)

I thought it was weird that Bojji didn't recover his powers after Bosse died, so I'm now thinking that it's possible that the Demon is "sucking out" Bojji's powers 24/7 in order to maintain that reincarnation option for Bosse.

About Despa.. The story he gave us of a man that was mocked, that learned from him and then about people gathering around him and building his Kingdom around them.. that sounded a lot like Bosse's story & the flashback we saw in episode 1 ?

Therefore, I believe Despa was his mentor, might be wrong on that, but it sounds too similar to be a coincidence.

Finally, if my predictions are right and Bojji's life is needed to ensure the reincarnation of Bosse through the Demon, then Bosse needed another son to be reincarnated in since Miranjo said that the potion would have no use on someone that doesn't share Bosse's blood. When his wife died (if he didn't sacrificed her too), he must've used Queen Hilling for that purpose.

Which is also why we never saw Daida with King Bosse, and why he was so tender about Bojji while holding his hand : He doesn't see Daida as his son, more as a way to ensure himself he could ressurect, while Bojji is even more important to him as if he dies, the Demon would vanish and he couldn't be reincarnated as well.

--------------

I'm probably a bit wrong, but that's what theories are for, right ? Can't wait for next week !
Tobirama-SenseiNov 25, 2021 4:14 PM
Nov 25, 2021 4:19 PM

Jul 2013
wow. noice episode.
looking forward for bojji's revelation in upcoming episode(s)

Nov 25, 2021 4:43 PM

Sep 2020

I'm not sure why but I really like this image of Kage's cooking.
On another note: if you feel like ''spoiling'' yourself and see already what Bojji's weapon of choice will be then just check the comic covers of volume 4, 7, 9 and 11.
Nov 25, 2021 4:53 PM
Sep 2018
Woah Bojji really destroyed that rock good! Wonder what Daida has in store for himself now that he was forced to chug down that cursed drink!
Nov 25, 2021 5:02 PM
Jul 2018
Boiji is performing well after this final, I had the same reaction as Kage when I observed Boiji in training.

Things are getting impressive now I'm expecting a lot more from Boiji.
removed-userNov 25, 2021 5:06 PM
Nov 25, 2021 5:19 PM

Jan 2021
So king Bosse kept sacrificing his own sons in the past
Nov 25, 2021 5:31 PM

Jul 2017
Avvenirista said:

I'm not sure why but I really like this image of Kage's cooking.
On another note: if you feel like ''spoiling'' yourself and see already what Bojji's weapon of choice will be then just check the comic covers of volume 4, 7, 9 and 11.

It's so dumb. I thought it would be something more complex

Like this martial art
https://i.imgur.com/Eq28UVn.jpg
Nov 25, 2021 6:19 PM

Aug 2020
The evil spirit from King Bosse to Daida's body? Bojji will get stronger, I love the way their everyday life is shown. They are truly enjoying training and living. Kage is supportive as always.

» [The World's Continuation【世界のつづき】- UTA/Ado ♪] «
0:00 〇────── 4:55
↺ |◁ II ▷| ♡

Come and Join us!
Evil Club ψ
FuwaFuwa Sanctuary ✿
✿ DeaD Blossoms ✿
Nov 25, 2021 6:25 PM

Jul 2016
Training episode this week and it seems my boy is doing quite well. Really looking forward to seeing how much he has improved.

Daida, on the other hand... well, I guess we won't be seeing "him" for a while.

Really liked this episode's direction, by the way.
Nov 25, 2021 6:47 PM
Sep 2021
yasm said:
Mmr123 said:

This is a great insight! Didn't occur to me, but maybe Bosse stole the giant's strength from his son. His mother was a giantess too, if the prelude is any indication, and if he's only half-giant, the father must not have been a true giant himself...

The scene where the devil grins at Bojji after leaving Bosse's body... Bosse must have made some sort of faustian deal.

Yeah when bosse was first seem on his backstory he was not as big as he was when he was about to die
Nov 25, 2021 6:50 PM

Apr 2008
Potkaniak said:

This has also been bugging me that there's no way to be that weak and still function, let alone be so fast. But, you know, magic. It's no more unreasonable than all the magical explanations for super strength, just less common.
Nov 25, 2021 6:56 PM
Jan 2021
poor daidaaa, he was gearing up to be a great rival/villain to bojji in the future, hope he makes a comeback cause I honestly wanted to see a brother to brother royal feud.
Nov 25, 2021 6:56 PM

Nov 2021
Jamk_ said:
So king Bosse kept sacrificing his own sons in the past

Maybe Bosse himself going to be the final boss and the mirrorlady is going to be actually the good guy

Because Bosse originally planned to sacrifice Booji maybe

Plottwists are mainstream nowadays
Nov 25, 2021 7:09 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Resurrection potion, its surprisingly Bosse. That's explain why Apeas aggreed to help the magic mirror those time, since he's loyal to him, and also dislike Daida. But, since Bosse already did that thing long before, i do wonder how far the magic mirror involved on that resurrection ritual. Its sure had lots of mysteries goin on, and Bojji progression looked very well-noted. The cliffhanger actually frustating. But lets just aside it for the next week.

I may aggree with some theory above when stating Bosse actually wasn't that strong at first. But he had some kind of pact that needs him to sacrifice his own son to be alive longer, and stronger. Then, how Bojji still alive? Bojji's mom might be related to that, and used the curse at him as an excuse to prevent Bosse sacrificing Bojji. Idk, man. So, i may restrain myself to write much more about that, and lets see how well the next episode roll all the mysteries...
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Nov 25, 2021 7:15 PM

Jun 2021
Another good episode.

I didn't expect to enjoy the slice of life parts, but it actually was really fun to watch. The cliffhanging end was good too. Cannot wait for the next episode.
Nov 25, 2021 8:23 PM
May 2020
GakutoDeathGlare said:
"I have sacrificed another son". So King Bosse has obviously been reincarnated and was the one who seemingly sacrificed Bojji's own body for power, a time ago.

We haven't had too many scenes with Bosse, there was the one in his bed, bonding with his son at his bedside, lol, yet another "flip 180" for a character, first it was the Queen, then Bebin, then Domas and now Bosse. We get it already, hell, I made a thread on this the other week lol.

And there's the typical shounen power training arc, looks like Bojji got some asspull power as he's now able to split boulders in half, wow.

Sigh.............................

Another week, another rather disappointing episode. You'd expect greatness with a score like this, yet all I see is repetitiveness, clichés abound and one of the most unoriginal stories I've seen in a long time.

We barely knew anything about king Bosse, so we knew nothing about his character.

Also, you’re assuming he’s getting an ability out of nowhere for no reason. We know this world has stuff like magic, and Bojji has super human speed/evasion. During the montage we saw him choose a weapon, hone his evasion skills, and read a book( most likely about different fighting styles ). You can say it’s gonna be an “asspull power up” because that’s what you expect, let’s wait and see.
Nov 25, 2021 8:25 PM
Nov 2021
we know now that bojji is cursed, but what if king bosse ordered the girl in the magic mirror to curse bojji because he don't want bojji to take his place as the king? and maybe the reason why he can't sacrifice bojji is because he loves him? 0o0
Nov 25, 2021 9:29 PM
Nov 2021
tsubasalover said:

Nov 25, 2021 9:57 PM

Apr 2021
An episode that doesn't waste a single second and gets straight to the point is what I though after watching it.....Bojji's getting really strong and woah did he just break a Boulder!!?
And yeah that ending tho.....Looking forward to the next episode.
Nov 25, 2021 9:57 PM

Jan 2011
bruh, well i wasn't expecting that sure as hell makes more sense of why they grinded up their old king

also didnt expect such a SOL vibe of a episode

when the poison cooking trope can actually kill you
Nov 25, 2021 10:20 PM
Sep 2021
“On Bojji's side, wholesomeness reached new heights. I wonder what that weapon is... The teasing... It's probably going to be something silly and unbelievable but I don't care.”

I have a feeling it’s something like brass knuckles. We can most likely take a guess from the way the bruses were formed on Bojis hands. What do you guys think?
Nov 25, 2021 11:19 PM

Dec 2020
Amazing episode. It was a lighthearted episode with a nice pace. Liked the running scene of Bojji.

The narcissistic personality of Despa along with his love for money but also learned, curious and serious was interesting.

Curious about the end of the episode. if Daida is dead or not? I actually liked his character.

“𝐈'𝐯𝐞 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐝 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐤 𝐧𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐤𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐞𝐝 𝐚𝐧𝐲𝐨𝐧𝐞, 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐈 𝐬𝐚𝐲 𝐰𝐡𝐲 𝐭𝐚𝐤𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐞?”

Nov 25, 2021 11:40 PM

Jan 2015
VP2003boi said:
Xenocrisi said:
Wow who was the episode director this week? The animation looked wonderful and the training and the whole 20 mins run, very fun, entertaining and nice to look at!
Shouta Goshazono (Also known as Gosso). He is a great animator which is starting now directing and storyboarding episodes (he did episode 8 and 17 of jjk) and he has a ton of potencial, this episode probably had the best directing of the show so far, he is getting better and better by the day

Thank you!
He has definitely got talent and I’m looking forward to seeing him again.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ousama Ranking Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 10, 2022

94 by PrimeX »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » Ousama Ranking Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 3, 2022

99 by PrimeX »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » Ousama Ranking Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 27, 2022

88 by PrimeX »»
7 hours ago

Poll: » Ousama Ranking Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 20, 2022

130 by PrimeX »»
10 hours ago

Poll: » Ousama Ranking Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 13, 2022

109 by PrimeX »»
Yesterday, 6:38 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.