Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 24, 2021 7:25 AM

Apr 2014
OUCH!!!!! The injury was looking very bad, I really hope Riko will be okay and can come back to play ice hockey again soon.
何それ?意味分かんない
Nov 24, 2021 7:32 AM

Feb 2020
Poor Riko. She hurt her ankle pretty badly. I hope it's nothing serious.

SerafosMar 11, 2:31 AM
Nov 24, 2021 7:54 AM

Jul 2017
The New-Gen team of girls are getting along with honing their skills for the better. And the Nikko Dream Monkeys' rise starts from here.

The All-Japan Championships (the B League to be precise) are coming up, and every team can't afford to mess up with new acquisitions, with Yu for the Dream Monkeys and this Canadian foreigner Maya Walker for Kushiro Snow White.

But first, a TV show recording...which I'm beginning to dread the victory dance again. With their previous coach as an MC coming to see their progress, it's night and day. Win the game first, then do the dance. Quite the sisterly rivalry between Riko and Naomi, and challenge is good.

Time to scale up the ladder in the championships...except that accidental contact of spraining an ankle from a fall. A karma start?
Nov 24, 2021 7:56 AM

Jul 2011
I really liked that footwork to pressure the adversary.

Someone had to get hurt at the beginning of the championship, more realistic than this it can be.
I just think it shouldn't get that real.
Nov 24, 2021 9:13 AM

Apr 2010
Ending with a cliffhanger after all that practise.
Well let's hope things will be alright with Riko.

Also the way the coach dressed up for the camera again, she never learns.
Nov 24, 2021 9:54 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
A lot of training once again but damn that injury at the end :/ I hope it won't make them stop or directly lose
Nov 24, 2021 11:49 AM
Jul 2018
Noooo.. Riko injured.. just when they are sliding into a groove.. hopefully its not too bad.
Nov 24, 2021 12:21 PM

Aug 2020
Ngl I didnt expect that injury at the end :/// I hope it's not very serious. I'm kinda excited to the next episode but a bit scared also
Nov 24, 2021 1:02 PM

May 2021
Great episode! Another match for the Dream Monkeys but unfortunately Riko has hurt her ankle! Hope she's ok. Nao doesn't shy away from tackles anymore which is good.

Looking forward to the next episode!
AISHITERU...REM!
Nov 24, 2021 4:47 PM
May 2011
RIKO NOOOOOOO!!!
Nov 24, 2021 11:14 PM

Nov 2012
Rikoriiiiiiiiiiiiiiiin!

Damn, I liked this ep, but I cant understand how the new members are playing the 1st game when they have an A team, the senpais

Well, 1st ep showed that the girls made it to the national team so its kinda expected

My Candies:

Nov 25, 2021 3:51 AM

Oct 2016
Fucking pain. Riko, nooooooo! Man, they gave us all that happy inspirational stuff at first and then bam, Riko is injured. Pretty realistic honestly, especially in sports. You never know what might happen, and they're playing hockey which is a pretty aggressive sport. Great episode!

We love you Yoko, but everyone around you is clowning your makeup lmao. Smug pro gamer Nao was really adorable. Even the other girls are shipping Nao and Riko, except Yu, she's a non-believer.

So, Snow White dropped to the B group, that's gonna be interesting. I wonder if we'll get a second season, since I think Mami is in an A group team, and there's no way we're not gonna face Mami eventually, so I hope there's a second season, unless they can squeeze it in in the remaining episodes. Really looking forward to the next episode, of course my horse.
Nov 25, 2021 9:58 PM

Jul 2019
Always nice to see more backstory of Naomi, its understandable that fear of the collision left with her after the past incident. Riko was good as a mentor and guiding star and it’s a pity that within the framework of her promise she had to expose her ankle to the blow.
Nov 26, 2021 4:50 AM

Oct 2008
i knew an injury would eventually happen! oh no!
4/5.

Nov 28, 2021 8:22 AM

Nov 2011
Ain't no way her Ankle isn't broken...not with that sound. Pain
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Jan 13, 2022 11:33 AM

Jul 2016
Damn, the coach really put the rookie team against the team that got second place last year. What about the senpais?
Feb 9, 2022 1:11 AM

Jul 2015
Poor Rikorin, immediately getting injured in their first game after all the training they did to get better at ice-hockey.

May 3, 2022 5:04 PM
May 2019
BlichoBoy said:
I really liked that footwork to pressure the adversary.

Someone had to get hurt at the beginning of the championship, more realistic than this it can be.
I just think it shouldn't get that real.
THat's what I love about anime, they can be quite realistic.

Still, as soon as I heard that sound I knew it was something bad. With all that padding and support I didn't expect an ankle injury to happen (you rarely hear of one in the pros).
Which one do you want? An Addiction or A Good Life?
A) Addiction - a progressive narrowing of the things that bring you pleasure.
B) A Good Life - a progressive expansion of the things that bring you pleasure and includes pleasure through motivation and hard work.
Apr 10, 2023 11:33 PM
Apr 2020
In this episode, Youko and Sou does some promotional stunts in the lead up to the opening game. In addition, Riko spends some time teaching Naomi how to play defense. 

And now the Girls Ice Hockey All-Japan championship B has commenced! In this game, the Ice Monkeys are facing off against Tomita Phoenix, the last season’s runner up. The starting lineup for the Ice Monkeys goes as— wait, hang on. Is Youko starting all of her 1st year players? You’re playing against the second strongest team from last year in this division and you can’t be bothered to put in one senior member to aid the less experienced players? Yes I know, you’ve been playing nearly the exact same starting lineup in the previous two matches, but both of those games were friendlies, and it's not like the 1st years displayed any kind of exceptional playing ability in either game. This is a league match, a match that counts towards where you place in the standings. This isn’t even a tomato can team. This is the freaking runner-up. What kind of sense does it make to bench all of your senior players in a game that actually matters, in favor of a lineup where more than half of the players are extremely green to the sport in general?

Anyhow, the match begins. Tomita Phoenix gains possession of the puck, and Naomi comes in to try and snatch it. Riko swoops behind to cover for her in case she gets beat, but the Phoenix player bumps Naomi out of the way and into the path of Riko, causing them to collide. Unfortunately for both, Riko suffers an ankle injury from this collision, putting her out of the action. To be continued…

The thought of a player causing a severe injury to a teammate in such a silly accident during game time feels pretty aggravating, and something that should never happen in real life… but keep in mind, it has happened before. As a matter a fact, I happen to be reminded of one such example that occurred over a decade ago, in the NBA. 

On January 31st, 2009, The Los Angeles Lakers were playing in a regular season game against the Memphis Grizzlies. Early in the 1st quarter, Kobe Bryant attempted a layup, but missed the shot. Andrew Bynum, the Lakers center, was in the paint, ready to reclaim the ball for Bryant and the team. In that moment however, Bryant lost his balance and collided with Bynum’s leg, sending both players down on the floor as the Grizzlies got the rebound. The clash resulted in Bynum suffering a severe sprain in the right knee, putting him out of the action for the next 32 games. Bynum eventually came back in time to take part in the playoffs, and even helped contribute to the team’s first NBA championship in years… but he was never the same physically; the rest of his playing career was punctuated by recurring knee issues.
Romax24245Aug 26, 2023 10:10 AM

More topics from this board

» Is it true to hockey rules

Foreall908 - May 14, 2023

2 by Escenity »»
May 15, 2023 12:20 AM

Poll: » Puraore! Pride of Orange Episode 11 Discussion

KANLen09 - Dec 15, 2021

12 by Foreall908 »»
May 14, 2023 8:00 PM

Poll: » Puraore! Pride of Orange Episode 9 Discussion

KANLen09 - Dec 1, 2021

15 by Destroyer31 »»
May 6, 2023 10:44 PM

Poll: » Puraore! Pride of Orange Episode 5 Discussion

KANLen09 - Nov 3, 2021

22 by Destroyer31 »»
May 6, 2023 10:30 AM

Poll: » Puraore! Pride of Orange Episode 6 Discussion

KANLen09 - Nov 10, 2021

24 by JJR1971 »»
Feb 13, 2023 10:06 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.