Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 22, 2021 8:59 AM

Nov 2011
Lol, this episode was kinda all over the place but actually very lighthearted.

It even gave Amou some time to work with Shion and the community. Not every episode has to be about mechs. And lol, Gai's role this episode looked like a meme with those poses.
Nov 22, 2021 9:55 AM

Jul 2017
A proposition from a salesperson of a reputable company that helps provide war-related equipment, the Resistance needs all the help it can get to upgrade their AMAIM mechs.

An abandoned village that the people need help in being provided basic resources with, Yatagarasu isn't all about mechs, which is a good diversion when mechs aren't heavily involved to repair and improve the livelihood.

A low-key episode where both adults and kids help out, especially the kids being attached to Shion and teaching them how to make pots. The path to recovery and restoration for this village is a lot of trial and error for all staff and AIs to get involved in.

Gai especially though, he's a kid at heart for embarrassing Amou with those poses. But still, one good deed digs closer to Japan's restoration efforts. Not much action, but it's nice to see life outside of mechs. A different kind of episode, but I don't really mind it.
Nov 22, 2021 9:56 AM

Apr 2016
What was that saying ? "Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day, teach a man how to fish and you feed him for life", well ... this entire episode was kinda about that.

Now, i do understand that they as a resistance need to win the hearts and minds of people, and they need to show us what truly matters behind all this, but why waste not one, two but all three battle pilots doing this kind of work when im sure there are some strategic targets they can hit ? They even got new weapons and equipment for the mechs so ?

It feelt a bit too small minded.
Nov 22, 2021 10:00 AM

Jun 2021
I have to say, this show is painfully boring when there is no mecha action involved. I know it's a 2 cour show but I really don't understand why they decided to use an entire episode on this.

Also, winning the championship in the plasterwork eSports? What are they smoking lol
Nov 22, 2021 10:26 AM
Sep 2015
Humanitarian episode
Nov 22, 2021 11:55 AM

Jan 2018
Damn I was holding out but this is just babies first mecha.
Nov 22, 2021 11:57 AM

May 2021
Great episode- 'Attack Pile Bunker!' It was nice to see Amou and the rest of the crew helping out the community this episode xD. That little girl who calls Gashin papa was really cute lol.

Looking forward to the next episode!
AISHITERU...REM!
Nov 22, 2021 12:09 PM

May 2018
A lot of things didn't make sense to me in this episode.
Why the underground water was under pressure? Artesian well? If so the pressure would drop soon...thus no electricity.
If we ignore that, than the water mill wooden parts will erode faster at this speed. It will need constant repairs.
The kiln needs special type of bricks, all the old one were intact? Also it needs big amounts of special type of coal in order to work, they had stored enough around?
And those white plates...aside of high quality clay they have kaolin around this village? Or maybe they glazed the plates but you need a special type of glaze pain to make them as white...

It's a hard sale that the village can sustain itself. No vast amount of fertile land, no livestock (nothing to feed it too) not even a rice field...not to mention it's populated by city folks with only a superficial idea how agriculture works.

The whole thing was overkill.

alshuNov 22, 2021 12:32 PM
Nov 22, 2021 12:11 PM
Shingster

Jun 2015
A warzone is a certainly a odd place to find a salesperson even one from a arms manufacturer. The new gear will certainly provide much combat flexibility to the three. Shion's reaction to the kid was priceless. The village sure is dire straits though though its commendable that the inhabitants are doing their best. The resistance opting to lend them a hand by improving their facilities though was a nice gesture. The quest to create the well for the village sure provided a nice opportunity for the AI's to work together. In the end while a diversion from their overall struggle this ep showed well that the battle to push the invader isn't just fought on the field with weapons but also in helping those whose lives had been changed by the war.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 22, 2021 12:25 PM
Nov 2020
Light episode, today, perhaps too much šŸ˜… I expected that at any moment some enemy would come out to destroy all the good done for the village but, fortunately, it did not go that way for today.
Nov 22, 2021 1:19 PM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
This episode was so boring, I started browsing MAL a few time until the episode was over. Restoring an abandoned village is one thing, but that's something you do when the war is over. It seems like they forget that the Asian and Oceanic military is still out there and those guys can pop up at any second and turn that place into another battlefield. It seems that this show is still trying to find a balance of being a light hearted mech series.
Nov 22, 2021 2:16 PM

Feb 2012
Ex-XEBEC's surface level imitation of Sunrise's hits continues to disappoint.

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Nov 22, 2021 2:17 PM

Feb 2019
Nice to get some slice of life stuff after how dark things have been lately
Nov 22, 2021 3:22 PM
Jul 2018
The people are giving their best, they're also conquering several things and different changes to plot a completely different from the usual Show.

I thought it was a calm episode other than a robot war, I was happy with this episode.
removed-userNov 22, 2021 3:30 PM
Nov 22, 2021 3:27 PM

Feb 2014
Their reaction when the loli called Gashin her papa was pretty funny, the best laugh I had today.
Nov 23, 2021 4:42 AM

Oct 2016
The whiplash from hearing Gobert speak after watching The Vampire Dies in No Time lmao.

Pretty chill and ok episode, my favorite part of the episode is definitely Gashin and the kid, it was pretty adorable.

Fucking plasterwork esport champion though lmao, wtf. Man must be a pro house flipper player.
Nov 24, 2021 7:40 PM
Jan 2018
If you think too hard about this episode, your head will hurt. Apart from the stench of Japanese Nationalism stuffed into every episode, the slice of life stuff was well intentioned. It made me wonder if they just wanted to do a variation of the village sequence from 3.0 + 1.0, without a proper story to actually make it compelling.

Like Star Driver, I don't mind the slice of life parts. I just wish this show constantly engaged with consequences of the world it created, instead of paying lip service to real issues every once in a while. Making a show for kids doesn't mean you should skimp on why the world behaves the way it does. Digimon figured this out a long time ago, so this show has no real excuse.

On the plus side, the stupidity this episode was much less than the episodes in the past..... so progress?!
Nov 24, 2021 11:08 PM

Oct 2008
phantomfandom said:
Humanitarian episode

pretty sums-up this episode! you nailed it yaoi elitist!

Nov 25, 2021 10:07 AM

Nov 2012
The show seems directionless (?) at times. This is like the third time Shiiba has ran into some rural Japanese village and learned their traditional nippon ways. It feels like you could find less shoehorned yamato damashii in Hajime no Ippo.

I'm complaining, but I'm complaining cause I really wanted to like this show but don't, so I'm disappointed. I'll finish the show in hopes that it'll improve but even then idk if the payoff will be worth it.

Assuming the show is 24 eps, with 16 eps left it'll be hard task to tell a compelling story in that time. Not an impossible task as some series have done so with less before, but an extremely difficult one.

So far the show has more or less been carried by having 2D mecha action in a 2021 tv anime and not much else.
Jan 2, 2022 3:49 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Oh helping to repair a village and help the population/kids, that was not bad, I mean nice to get a kind of heartwarming episode at once
Apr 15, 2022 1:25 PM

Apr 2016
This series makes being apart of a guerilla fighter/terrorist organization look like going on fun Boy Scout outtings. Hike along scenic trails, do a feel good service project, go swimming in a lake.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kyoukai Senki Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 15, 2021

25 by Deago »»
Jun 25, 2023 1:30 AM

Poll: » Kyoukai Senki Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 8, 2021

16 by Deago »»
Jun 24, 2023 6:05 PM

Poll: » Kyoukai Senki Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 1, 2021

25 by Deago »»
Jun 24, 2023 5:33 AM

Poll: » Kyoukai Senki Episode 2 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 11, 2021

34 by Deago »»
Jun 14, 2023 5:44 PM

» Law of Barnabas ... What ? (Episode 2)

Musika - Jun 29, 2022

2 by Musika »»
Jun 30, 2022 8:41 AM
Itā€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.