Forum Settings
Forums

In your opinion, what's the best place to talk about anime on the internet?

Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Post New Reply
Nov 22, 5:22 AM

This forum is nice, but what other places do you guys like? Any subreddit? The /a/ board?

Looking for alternatives.

Nov 22, 5:37 AM

Nowhere (i think).
Sometimes i get slammed for expressing what i liked and disliked even in a good manner by saying it without any vulgar/bad words included, or even get a comment that my taste is bad just by appearing on a thread.

"ꜱᴛʀᴇɴɢᴛʜ ᴏꜰ ʜᴇᴀʀᴛ, ᴡʜᴇɴ ᴜɴɪᴛᴇᴅ, ɪᴛ'ꜱ ʙᴀʀʀᴇᴅ ʙʏ ɴᴏ ᴅᴏᴏʀ..." -Aigis

Nov 22, 5:40 AM

Only here on MyAnimeList is the best place to talk about anime.

Nov 22, 5:44 AM

Daxonzion- said:
Nowhere (i think).
Sometimes i get slammed for expressing what i liked and disliked even in a good manner by saying it without any vulgar/bad words included, or even get a comment that my taste is bad just by appearing on a thread.

And if you're on reddit they'll just downvote your post until it falls in oblivion

Nov 22, 5:51 AM
In a private group chat. Even if you're not going to get diverse opinions from a group of friends that you always talk to, it's still more pleasant than any of the popular forums with large fanbases.

Every large forum is very flawed in their own way. Many MAL users think being insufferable and unsociable contrarians is a desirable personality type, subreddit's voting system makes people be less rude but also more afraid to be honest and everyone's walking on eggshells which honestly kind of annoys me more than MAL, and I've never been to /a/ but I've been to /b/, and I can't imagine it's a pleasant place to have a discussion at all, especially since we've seen how dickish people can be without anonymity, can't imagine how it's like with all the anonymous accounts.

At this point, best experience outside of more private discussion groups in like a discord server is to just know what you want from each forum you're cool with joining. I'm sure there's medium sized forums better than any of these big names, but would anyone part of those fanbases really still be here?

Nov 22, 5:52 AM

i only use myanimelist. i would go to reddit, but there are so many subs and such it becomes quite a pain to join so many. there are other places to discuss anime like anime-planet and anilist. but i would rather not use so many websites and im quite comfortable here using the forums and such, so i'll just stick to mal

Nov 22, 6:01 AM
Daxonzion- said:
Nowhere (i think).

Don’t let other people’s comments discourage you from using the forums it’s a public space for everyone to freely express their opinion. If you get insulted it’s their own problem confront them or use the report/block feature if needed. Sadly when a platform is big it attracts every kind of users but I’m sure there are friendly people here as well!

Edit* to say I noticed you have a cool Persona 3 pfp.
Modified by OldLoser, Nov 22, 6:05 AM
Jojolion #2 Top Manga instead of SBR!

Nov 22, 6:03 AM

myanimelist, the best place to do so

Nov 22, 6:03 AM

MyAnimeList as it has the most users active.
Every Anime is for everyone. Even if that Anime isn't for you then for sure that Anime is for "Someone"
-The Omnibus Collector
Scordolo's Recent Reviews
To your eternity
Vanitas no Karte

Nov 22, 6:08 AM

OldLoser said:
Don’t let other people’s comments discourage you from using the forums it’s a public space for everyone to freely express their opinion. If you get insulted it’s their own problem confront them or use the report/block feature if needed. Sadly when a platform is big it attracts every kind of users but I’m sure there are friendly people here as well!

Yes sir, thank your for the support. Appreciate it :D.
But hey, I never even listens to those hate comments about my taste anyways. If I do, how could my post counts be above 1k lmao. It's just their way of disagreeing to one's opinion is quite frustrating to handle.

"ꜱᴛʀᴇɴɢᴛʜ ᴏꜰ ʜᴇᴀʀᴛ, ᴡʜᴇɴ ᴜɴɪᴛᴇᴅ, ɪᴛ'ꜱ ʙᴀʀʀᴇᴅ ʙʏ ɴᴏ ᴅᴏᴏʀ..." -Aigis

Nov 22, 6:12 AM

I tried reddit etc but I think MAL still take the first place.

Nov 22, 6:15 AM
Well, from what I've seen, this site is probably not the best place.

Nov 22, 6:16 AM

I think MyAnimeList takes the cake. #1

Nov 22, 6:22 AM
Can’t recommend any other forums than here since it has the most active users, clubs thought seem pretty dead.
Jojolion #2 Top Manga instead of SBR!

Nov 22, 6:22 AM

MyAnimeList is the #1 place for anime talk

FSN 2006 is the best FSN route
Fruits Basket is overrated
Fate Zero is the best anime of the decade

Nov 22, 6:27 AM

Reddit if you like circlejerks. Conform or get downvoted and shit on by everyone

Why do I make forum threads?
The Dichotomy of Man is too entertaining and hilarious
Best Anime Ever via Math
Mushoku Tensei = Best Isekai; Isekai = Best Genre
Mushoku Tensei = Best Anime
The Impossible Riddle

Nov 22, 6:32 AM

public forums where it's a fun free-for-all of weirdos making fun of other weirdos tastes

Nov 22, 6:40 AM

The best is always in your friend group. Here, and even in many other places, you WILL get bashed on if you like something mainstream or if you have a slightly uncommon take.

People always think that their take is better than everyone else’s and I too have been guilty of this at times.

Nov 22, 6:44 AM

OnionKnightRises said:
In a private group chat. Even if you're not going to get diverse opinions from a group of friends that you always talk to, it's still more pleasant than any of the popular forums with large fanbases.

I have to say, most of my favourite anime-related discussions and interactions have been between my friends and me. So talking about on the internet, my suggestion would probably be smaller discord communities, where you can really get to know people.

Nov 22, 6:59 AM

Private discord server, it's more engaging, you get way closer to become a friend compared to a big forum like here, and keep the toxicity away.
P.S. Start a discord server with a couple of friends, later it will snowballed to medium sized server due to friends of friends invite, worked like a magic for me.
...whether it's now or ten years from now, if you are going to evolve as a person, generally you need to be broken down first. -Ayanokōji Kiyotaka-

Nov 22, 7:01 AM

Finding a Discord server with friendly, likeminded people is your best bet.
One bright day in the middle of the night, two dead boys got up to fight
Back to back they faced each other, drew their swords and shot each other
A deaf policeman heard the noise and came and killed those two dead boys

Nov 22, 7:08 AM

Anywhere where it's not toxic... Cause it'll just become a mess if toxicity is present

Biggest Weeb In The Making

Born To Make History

Nov 22, 7:09 AM

Well I love to talk about anime on telegram mainly but from last two months I am active on this site more lol.

Nov 22, 7:10 AM

Mal because it doesn't have a downvote button (unlike reddit), isn't full of normies who don't watch anything outside of shounen (most of instagram) and isn't toxic af (unlike twitter). And many people here have grown to accept others' taste so that helps too.

Nov 22, 7:12 AM

nhentai comment section is a pretty good place to discuss anime related topics.

Nov 22, 7:15 AM

my fav place to talk about such thing is in my... notes to self.
it's really a safe, fun place to discuss some anime tiddies :D

Nov 22, 7:30 AM

Reddit, as trash opinions stay in their place and bait threads are destroyed at infancy. Join the Hivemind!

Nov 22, 7:32 AM

there isn't a good place, but hey this at least isn't youtube comment section

Nov 22, 7:32 AM

Such a place doesn't exist, anime fans are a toxic bunch that resort to name-calling when they don't agree with you but have nothing better to add.

Boycott RetroCrush
All hail piracy!

Nov 22, 11:07 AM

I really like MAL and talking to friends about it, sometimes I make friends with people who're really into it so we get along thru that shared hobby
desu desu binches

Nov 22, 11:10 AM

This forum is nice, but it also tends to be a little bare. Not a ton of forums.

r/anime on reddit is pretty cool though.
My waifu is the most wonderful waifu. Mai Valentine.

Nov 22, 11:20 AM

Myanimelist is definitely the best place to talk about anime on the internet.

Every other place is full of cringe.

Nov 22, 11:22 AM

/r/Anime and any related subreddit including the meme ones are a cesspool of self-proclaimed degenerates.
'Anitwt', or the section of Twitter with anime fans, is mostly very young kids so I don't like to interact.

Nov 22, 11:32 AM
In my experience? Privates discord servers full of people that you like involved in the particular fandom of the anime you want to discuss. Everywhere else is toxic.

Nov 22, 11:35 AM
Nowhere. Everyone already knows that Evangelion is the best anime ever made. So there really isn't much else to talk about.

Nov 22, 12:51 PM

I honestly can't think of anything. Toxic fans can be anywhere.

Nov 22, 3:31 PM

I know the thread is about alternatives but I think MAL is really the best place to be, everywhere else is full of normies with the same exact opinion on everything

「"I thought about doing something lewd,
but decided against it.” - Koyomi Araragi

Nov 22, 3:35 PM

i just talk about it with my friends, i think that's the best way of talking about it, in my opinion, because you know you won't get judged.

Nov 22, 3:43 PM

nowhere. MAL is crawling with perverts and people who are too insecure to talk about what they actually think without multiple layers of irony and mainstream social media is all about the flavor of the week battle shounens.

Nov 22, 5:49 PM

definitely not mal that's for sure. though discord kinda works out but i rarely see some peeps that likes the same anime's as i do.
merry christmas :3

Nov 22, 5:56 PM

I don't join anime community aside from MAL so I only know MAL. Whatever threads that people are talking about, and no matter how bad the words that might came out, still there are many users here and I thought I can see many types of people so my naivety that only involves in MAL alone says here is the place.

𝟺 ᴛɪᴘs (ᴏʀ ʀᴜʟᴇs) ɪɴ ɢɪɴᴛᴀᴍᴀ
  • 𝐼𝑡'𝑠 𝑁𝑂𝑇 𝑎 𝑏𝑒𝑔𝑖𝑛𝑛𝑒𝑟 𝑎𝑛𝑖𝑚𝑒
  • 𝘋𝘖𝘕'𝘛 𝑝𝑢𝑡 𝑒𝑥𝑝𝑒𝑐𝑡𝑎𝑡𝑖𝑜𝑛
  • 𝐻𝑎𝑣𝑒 𝑎 𝑉𝐸𝑅𝑌 ℎ𝑖𝑔ℎ 𝑝𝑎𝑡𝑖𝑒𝑛𝑐𝑒
  • 𝑆𝑡𝑎𝑟𝑡 𝑎𝑡 𝑒𝑝𝑖𝑠𝑜𝑑𝑒 3

Nov 22, 6:03 PM

In person with friends really. If I had to pick a place online then this site is it. This place has way more active users than other forums for anime I think.
Rest In Peace Mizoguchi Ryo

Nov 22, 6:40 PM

maybe Youtube? I don’t really interact with many anime communities besides this site so I’m not sure

Nov 22, 6:50 PM

Myanimelist is the only good place to talk about animu.

Anilist is hell. I got banned there for calling an anime "overrated" lmao. So, I consider that the worst place to discuss anime. The users there can't tolerate opinions

YouTube is another garbage place to discuss animu

Quora, Reddit, Twitter and Facebook are also equally trash

Nov 22, 7:50 PM

Group chats with friends you know will respect your taste or just give slight criticism so you are not scared away from giving your own opinions. The second best would be here on Mal.

Nov 22, 8:03 PM

In real life obviously. Because interner users are mostly clowns or elitists so they can be toxic asf. Friends in real life is better than friends in internet.
Salute to FMAB. Give hearts to Attack on Titan. Allign the time for Steins;Gate, Love Fruits Basket. Unleash swords to Gintama.

Nov 22, 8:03 PM

Myanimelist is great, but a group with friends talking about it is probably the best.

Nov 22, 8:09 PM
There is a good place i can tell you. Try to find Anime group page on facebook. For example you like One piece then you can discuss anything you want that related to One piece. Just be careful for spoiler alert.

Nov 22, 8:18 PM

For mecha, /m/ is actually decent...
#!/bin/perl -sp0777i<X+d*lMLa^*lN%0]dsXx++lMlN/dsM0<j]dsj
$/=unpack('H*',$_);$_=`echo 16dio\U$k"SK$/SM$n\EsN0p[lN*1
lK[d2%Sa2/d0$^Ixp"|dc`;s/\W//g;$_=pack('H*',/((..)*)$/)

Nov 22, 8:28 PM
I don't know of any that allow hate speech.

So, MAL is the best.

Pages (2) [1] 2 »