Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Nov 21, 2021 3:58 PM

Aug 2020
ImwithRazor said:
RavenHairedBoy said:
kay, he's cool,ok...yes he has a good background story, that's the only good thing about him tbh, but anyway......great development, like are you fr.....he is the same guy he was in S1, nothing changed tbh, and complex character, ahhh whaa.......... A moment of silence for this one.................
like I said you have your opinion I have mine, you disagree with me and that's totally fine, in terms of development I was talking about his development because of everything he's been through and the way he thinks changes through out his life, the way he deals with certain things is very different then it used to be in s1 and I personally think he's a complex character but that's just my perception of him, I never said that you had to agree with me.
oh ok, never expected such a civilized reply, sorry for bothering you, have a nice day
Nov 21, 2021 4:00 PM
Feb 2021
_spoon_ said:
ImwithRazor said:
He's cool, he has a great background story, he has a great development, he's really good at what he does, he's captivating and yes he is good looking and his voice actor is also very good, he's intriguing and a complex character, normally characters like him are very popular.

I just fail to understand why do you care so much, people have different opinions and different perceptions of things, this is what I think of him but you can have a totally different opinion, but why do people always make treads expressing how much they don't understand the hype of something, like you have your own opinion and a bunch of people agreeing or disagreeing with you is not gonna change anything, specially because this tread has been made countless of times.
no I'm fine with people liking him i just wanted to know why they did as i didnt find him interesting
okay dude that's totally fine but honestly it's clear that you don't plan on changing your mind and that's great because everyone is entitled to their own opinion,as long as you don't bash others for their opinion.
Nov 21, 2021 4:02 PM

Aug 2021
bruh this thread is a war zone
Never forget bungee gum has both the properties of both rubber and gum
Nov 21, 2021 4:03 PM
Feb 2021
RavenHairedBoy said:
ImwithRazor said:
like I said you have your opinion I have mine, you disagree with me and that's totally fine, in terms of development I was talking about his development because of everything he's been through and the way he thinks changes through out his life, the way he deals with certain things is very different then it used to be in s1 and I personally think he's a complex character but that's just my perception of him, I never said that you had to agree with me.
oh ok, never expected such a civilized reply, sorry for bothering you, have a nice day
ah you didn't bother me at all, I'm actually thankful that you didn't insult me or something.
Nov 21, 2021 4:19 PM
Jul 2020
No matter what the cool and edgy badass is gonna get a bunch of favorites and attack on Titan is one of the biggest anime’s ever so he got to the top
Nov 21, 2021 5:45 PM
Aug 2020
Levi is the subversion of the cool and badass character trope. He is the most emotional character in Aot world, who at various points has acted like a leash for Hange and tried to test Ervin's drive.

However, the most charming point about him for me, is his strong empathy for others. He is a clean freak and can seem haughty at times but doesn't hesitate to get in the middle of all blood and mess to protect his comrades (the most important ones to him he painfully fails to, which just adds on to the likeability).
He also had various standout moments apart from those hyped fights, like him cutting out the logo from Petra's body only to give it away to another grieving soldier, lying about it being his friend's. He also had to order to throw away Petra's corpse on the same day and then face her father in the walls. And his speech about regrets to Eren in the Forest which also proves to have a big effect on our Main character then and later. Not to mention that heartbreaking scene of him eavesdropping EMA in last ep of S3 part 1.

I'll keep writing a whole page if I continue but one last thing I'll talk about is his philosophy or his "advice". He constantly tries to big up his comrades and saving them is his priority while other characters like Eren and Ervin have their eyes set on the big goal. He also knows that he might very well be in the wrong and that there is no right side when killing people becomes a thing. There also was a particularly great dialogue that was cut from the anime but that's fine in exchange for the hype animation we got in return.
Nov 21, 2021 5:47 PM

Oct 2020
Because AoT is a popular show and a lot of people watch it, and I guess a lot of those people find levi hot and simp for him.

In this world shrouded in darkness, I learned there was someone who’d been struggling along with me. That alone is enough.

Nov 21, 2021 6:08 PM
Aug 2020
[quote=_spoon_ message=64993042]

I'd respectfully disagree. Being empathetic does make you a good character especially if it is shown appropriately. Afterall, what really is a good character? Someone who epitomises certain human qualities whether good or bad alongwith other traits and events that happen around them, making them feel realistic.

I also did mention other charming points about this character. His interactions with other "well - written" characters is also incredibly interesting. And his impact on the MC of the show cannot be stated enough. Then, there's this whole thing sub plot of Kenny which was incredibly beautiful on its own. We also see a change in Levi's ultimate desire after this season (*cough* monke *cough*).

Characters do not need to take 180° flip on the screen for them to be categorised as "good characters" ( a definition which either way can be really subjective hence why I attempted to reason his likeablity factor which was the original question). There are characters who already are at a point where they won't change much. But that's fine because the audience has yet to see the different layers that madde them the person they're right now. As in Levi, we see how he was before being a scout, and how he inspired the next gen after becoming one. Then, we see his backstory as a child and learn about his upbringing and reasons for his fierce personality. Then, we finally see him confront the end of a road with a certain blondie's death. And how he recovers from it, orders Armih to not regret being alive and then goes to battle once again.

But, you know, it's alright bruh. You don't like him or get his appeal and that is totally fine. Happens with me too, for alot of characters. There are only soany we can resonate with, and that's what makes it diverse and interesting.
Nov 21, 2021 6:15 PM
Jul 2018
A question that should be asked instead is why is Mikasa so popular when her two personality traits are eren and being badass.

Levi I didn't even care about him until I saw his backstory in no regrets, then he turned in my favorite character
Nov 21, 2021 6:18 PM

Jul 2021
TinaTunaTina said:
A question that should be asked instead is why is Mikasa so popular when her two personality traits are eren and being badass.

Levi I didn't even care about him until I saw his backstory in no regrets, then he turned in my favorite character
your spitting fax about mikasa

Nov 21, 2021 6:32 PM
Jan 2021
Honestly a very good question
Nov 21, 2021 6:34 PM

Nov 2021
We live in a world where everyone have their OPINION

Nov 21, 2021 6:40 PM
Feb 2021
after the new season, all the characters changed. And not necessarily in a good way. The only thing I enjoyed last season was Levi since he seemed to be the good ol Levi from previous seasons.
Nov 21, 2021 8:26 PM
Feb 2021
For me it’s his interactions with the people he cares about and stuff in the manga really
Nov 21, 2021 9:20 PM

Jul 2021
Chota_Itachii said:
😑 i just want to know why you like levi i never said there was a problem with liking him

Nov 21, 2021 9:24 PM
Jun 2020
Percalator21 said:
Why do characters need to be multi-layered to be likeable?

That wasnt even the reason why he isnt likeable.
Nov 21, 2021 9:24 PM
Jun 2020
Percalator21 said:
Why do characters need to be multi-layered to be likeable?

That wasnt even the reason why he isnt likeable.
Nov 21, 2021 9:47 PM

Nov 2021
_spoon_ said:
Chota_Itachii said:
😑 i just want to know why you like levi i never said there was a problem with liking him
isn't is obvious.... he's cool that's why , i thought you were being sarcastic

Nov 21, 2021 11:24 PM
Jan 2017
THANK YOU, I've always found him kinda overrated. That goes for Mikasa too.
FlipMonkeNov 21, 2021 11:28 PM
Nov 21, 2021 11:27 PM
Jan 2017
TinaTunaTina said:

I'm not a Levi fan but I agree about Mikasa.
Nov 21, 2021 11:49 PM

Sep 2020
Because he's cool. Also these threads are getting old.
Nov 22, 2021 12:05 AM

Apr 2021
Levi is probably one of the most overrated characters ı've ever seen. There's nothing special about him. Just because he is overpowered, cool and badass makes him THAT likeable? Really? This is some bullshit. He is not even good looking character even in terms of aot. They say he has a sad past. So? I can count thousand characters who's past are more tragic than levi's past. They say he cares about his friends. So? Bruh that's the most cliche thing in nearly every TV show or film.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 22, 2021 12:10 AM
Oct 2020
hes hot af and thats pretty much it
i am harmyko
hello
Nov 22, 2021 12:57 AM
May 2021
I don't like him, not even the slightest LOL
Nov 22, 2021 1:37 AM

Jul 2020
Ferhatkun said:
Levi is probably one of the most overrated characters ı've ever seen. There's nothing special about him. Just because he is overpowered, cool and badass makes him THAT likeable? Really? This is some bullshit. He is not even good looking character even in terms of aot. They say he has a sad past. So? I can count thousand characters who's past are more tragic than levi's past. They say he cares about his friends. So? Bruh that's the most cliche thing in nearly every TV show or film.

Coming from someone who has Dio in his favorites. 💀
ScordoloNov 22, 2021 1:46 AM

Scordolo's Recent Reviews
To your eternity
Vanitas no Karte
Nov 22, 2021 1:59 AM

Apr 2021
Scordolo said:
Ferhatkun said:

He is funny at least. Not emotionless and not flat faced like levi.💀 Also Dio is not overrated. I said "Just because he is overpowered, cool and badass makes him 'THAT' likeable?"
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 22, 2021 2:34 AM
Nov 2020
Calumity said:
_spoon_ said:
levi is currently the second most favorited character but why do people like him. aside from his looks and being a badass he has nothing to him. seriously no development of a 1-dimensional personality and is a Gary stu. he isn't likable either as his only personality trait is him being angry at everyone and serious all the time. so why do people like him is it just the simping thing???
I'll one up you, why do people like this show? Season 1 and 2 we're good but 3 was so awful I didn't even continue to season 4.
you missed season 3 part 2 the best part
Nov 22, 2021 2:49 AM

Aug 2018
because he's cool
Nov 22, 2021 2:51 AM

Feb 2020
Characters don't need to be complex to be liked by fans and they don't need to be multilayered either that doesn't make them great characters. Levi is badass and he also has a lot of respect from those around him. Plus he never stops fighting despite the odds and what he has been through.
Nov 22, 2021 3:45 AM

Jul 2020
Ferhatkun said:
Scordolo said:

He is funny at least. Not emotionless and not flat faced like levi.💀 Also Dio is not overrated. I said "Just because he is overpowered, cool and badass makes him 'THAT' likeable?"

Dio is funny? Lmao. He is one of the most one dimensional and unmemorable villains I've ever seen. I bet if it wasn't for the memes he wouldn't have been popular at all. You're saying there is nothing special about Levi and I can also say there is nothing special about Dio. See what I mean?
Also, Levi being emotionless makes perfect sense since he witnessed countless of his squad members die, so it only makes sense for him to not have fun with them anymore and not getting attached to them.
ScordoloNov 22, 2021 3:56 AM

To your eternity
Vanitas no Karte
Nov 22, 2021 3:54 AM

Apr 2021
Scordolo said:
Ferhatkun said:

Dio is funny? Lmao. He is one of the most one dimensional and unmemorable villains I've ever seen. I bet if it wasn't for the memes he wouldn't have been popular at all. You're saying there is nothing special about Levi and I can also say there is nothing special about Dio. See what I mean?

Dio is not one dimensional. Go read Stone Ocean or watch anime when it comes out.
Nov 22, 2021 3:57 AM

Jul 2020
Ferhatkun said:
Scordolo said:

Dio is not one dimensional. Go read Stone Ocean or watch anime when it comes out.

All right, he was one dimensional in part 1. I'll keep an eye on Stone ocean when it comes out.
Plus, read my edited post please.

To your eternity
Vanitas no Karte
Nov 22, 2021 4:04 AM

May 2021
As much as I can understand his hype, its basically purely based on looks and being a badass and what-not. Never have I ever heard people saying 'oh this guy has some crazy good development' or anything related to his character arc. Every one[mostly those infamous fangirls] just keep drooling over his design and thats all.
Nov 22, 2021 4:29 AM
May 2021
Well he's cool badass and edgy and easily likable for anime watchers who don't consider what a good character is.

He's one of the most overrated characters of all time.
Nov 22, 2021 4:32 AM

Mar 2013
I think it is because he has a
and fans probably love that about him.
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Nov 22, 2021 6:49 AM
May 2019
_spoon_ said:
Moonlit_Ember said:
Levi is the subversion of the cool and badass character trope. He is the most emotional character in Aot world, who at various points has acted like a leash for Hange and tried to test Ervin's drive.

However, the most charming point about him for me, is his strong empathy for others. He is a clean freak and can seem haughty at times but doesn't hesitate to get in the middle of all blood and mess to protect his comrades (the most important ones to him he painfully fails to, which just adds on to the likeability).
He also had various standout moments apart from those hyped fights, like him cutting out the logo from Petra's body only to give it away to another grieving soldier, lying about it being his friend's. He also had to order to throw away Petra's corpse on the same day and then face her father in the walls. And his speech about regrets to Eren in the Forest which also proves to have a big effect on our Main character then and later. Not to mention that heartbreaking scene of him eavesdropping EMA in last ep of S3 part 1.

I'll keep writing a whole page if I continue but one last thing I'll talk about is his philosophy or his "advice". He constantly tries to big up his comrades and saving them is his priority while other characters like Eren and Ervin have their eyes set on the big goal. He also knows that he might very well be in the wrong and that there is no right side when killing people becomes a thing. There also was a particularly great dialogue that was cut from the anime but that's fine in exchange for the hype animation we got in return.
😑having empathy for others doesn't make you a good character same with being overpowered and being willing to kill people
So many people already answered you why they like him yet you are going on arguing with everyone
Nov 22, 2021 7:27 AM
Feb 2021
BloodyTaer said:
elderonn said:
This is good and all but you are just stating what happened to him throughout the series, still no development. Shit character.
if developmet isn't bad stuff happening to a character then what is character development to you?

Tbf chatacter development is them changing not the stuff that may lead to it I dont actually remember if levi has any sort of change though it's been a while
Nov 22, 2021 7:36 AM
Oct 2017
BanzaiAlex said:
BloodyTaer said:
if developmet isn't bad stuff happening to a character then what is character development to you?

Tbf chatacter development is them changing not the stuff that may lead to it I dont actually remember if levi has any sort of change though it's been a while
characters don't need to change to be good, i think the aspect of levi that he has lost a lot of people in his life is enough depth to make him good

And btw he DID change, going from a theif and a killer in the underground to a general in the most life-threatening part of the military? Thats change if you ask me
Nov 22, 2021 8:02 AM
Nov 2021
Looks. Character. Story. Fights. There is a lot to his character, most simply fail to see beyond his strictness.

He has given us the best and the most insane fights, along with saving the main character in each season.

What people fail to see is his good heart and sympathy. Despite losing everyone and everything he has always been steadfast and composed himself just for the sake of humanity. One of the most humane and selfless characters in the show, truly appropriately rated for me. But I do wish people would look more into his character along with looks too!
Nov 22, 2021 8:52 AM

Jan 2021
Characters dont have to be good to be likeable, you said that you don't understand why he is one of the top of MAL characters, yet its very easy to see why - the best fights in the series involved mostly him and people like his personality and backstory or even looks as some people have pointed out. Not everyone looks deep into the series/characters that are on the screen, some people just like what they like and dont feel the need to analyze or try to be factually correct about something.
Nov 22, 2021 9:11 AM
Jul 2018
Lightsrevenge said:
Calumity said:
I'll one up you, why do people like this show? Season 1 and 2 we're good but 3 was so awful I didn't even continue to season 4.
No, I watched it, I just didn't think it was good.
Nov 22, 2021 9:22 AM

Jan 2021
Calumity said:
Lightsrevenge said:

Interesting, why do you think the third season was that bad? For me personally it made me like the series as a whole lot more.
Nov 22, 2021 9:30 AM

Jul 2021
Ferhat-Sama said:
your spitting facts fellow steel ball run fan

Nov 22, 2021 9:30 AM

Jul 2021
Calumity said:
Lightsrevenge said:
most overrated season of television

Nov 22, 2021 9:38 AM

Jan 2021
_spoon_ said:
dartzz04 said:

Interesting, why do you think the third season was that bad? For me personally it made me like the series as a whole lot more.
bedrock thick plot armor, bad characters, fake characters development, fake deepness, etc. i did hate but it deserves no mare than 7 out of 10 for me

_spoon_ said:
dartzz04 said:

bedrock thick plot armor, bad characters, fake characters development, fake deepness, etc. i did hate but it deserves no mare than 7 out of 10 for me

I mean, my question was why he thinks the third season was such a drop from the previous 2. It enlarged and improved on a story with great potential with more awesome story building, the adaptation was as good if not better than the ones before it. I wont go much into depth, but s3 is atleast on par with the other 2 imo whether you like them or hate them
dartzz04Nov 22, 2021 11:43 AM
Nov 22, 2021 10:09 AM
Jul 2018
dartzz04 said:
Calumity said:

I found the first half incredibly boring, I didn't care about the character development in the first half or the story about the Monarchy. The second half was better but didn't make up for the first half, I also didn't really care for the way that the battle where Erwin gives his speech was done. To me it just felt way to forced.
Nov 22, 2021 10:11 AM
Jul 2018
_spoon_ said:
Calumity said:
most overrated season of television
Glad to see I'm not alone on that opinion 😀
Nov 22, 2021 10:20 AM

Jan 2021
Calumity said:
dartzz04 said:

I found the first half incredibly boring, I didn't care about the character development in the first half or the story about the Monarchy. The second half was better but didn't make up for the first half, I also didn't really care for the way that the battle where Erwin gives his speech was done. To me it just felt way to forced.

Oh yeah, understandable, the first half was pretty dry and Eren crying like a pathetic child didnt make it any better, but I kinda felt like the second half made up for it, but yeah thats just how I saw it. Anyway, you should maybe try the 4th season, you most likely wont "love" it, but its the best one imo, since Eren actually becomes an interesting character for once.
Nov 22, 2021 11:15 AM
Jul 2018
dartzz04 said:
Calumity said:

Oh yeah, understandable, the first half was pretty dry and Eren crying like a pathetic child didnt make it any better, but I kinda felt like the second half made up for it, but yeah thats just how I saw it. Anyway, you should maybe try the 4th season, you most likely wont "love" it, but its the best one imo, since Eren actually becomes an interesting character for once.
Thank you for remaining civil, a lot of people would've just immediately bashed me, I may give it a go I mean I'm already this far into the anime now so why not.
Nov 22, 2021 11:24 AM

Jan 2021
Calumity said:
dartzz04 said:

Thank you for remaining civil, a lot of people would've just immediately bashed me, I may give it a go I mean I'm already this far into the anime now so why not.

Np, you are allowed to like what you like and dislike what you dislike :) people who dont understand that srsly need to calm down.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 2, 2019

802 by jebras »»
11 hours ago

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 30, 2019

668 by Beqapapi »»
Apr 12, 1:14 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Thorf - May 26, 2019

734 by lightning19 »»
Apr 12, 7:59 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 19, 2019

345 by JoestarEISH_020 »»
Mar 31, 8:10 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Tsarko - May 11, 2019

369 by TheNewGuy7204 »»
Mar 28, 7:57 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.