Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 20, 2021 6:22 PM

Jul 2011
Was good they explaining how mermaid legends came to be.

When your character is a kid but roll high insight check to get that Butler is up something.

At least the Queen Melusine was honest about the machine.

Small Manatsu is on another level of cuteness. And she didn't lost her vibe growing up.

I honestly think that the memory erasing wont happen. They got the Precure pass, and the queen remember the Legendary.
Nov 20, 2021 8:10 PM

Feb 2020
A blast from the past.

Laura and Manatsu actually met when they were kids. They had so much fun together. :)

So, the Witch of Delays and her group wants to become immortal? I'm pretty sure Elda would be especially happy if she could be a kid forever. Well, I think that's not gonna happen. And there's something mysterious going on with the Butler. He's clearly hiding something.

Well, next week we are going to see the match between Asuka and Yuriko. That's going to be interesting.

SerafosJan 13, 12:35 AM
Nov 21, 2021 4:19 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Oh so Manatsu and Laura actually met a long time ago but they erase everything about humans and the human world from the mermaid's memory :o
Becoming immortal sure would be absolutely OP but they'll stop them for sure
Nov 21, 2021 4:51 AM
Nov 2021
BlichoBoy said:
At least the Queen Melusine was honest about the machine.

I honestly think that the memory erasing wont happen. They got the Precure pass, and the queen remember the Legendary.

Honest, shmonest! All five of them got screwed over either way.

Also, Toei has done the memory erasing thing before. It happened at the end of the first Sailor Moon series (before Sailor Moon R, I mean), although I’m told it didn’t happen in the original manga. There’s also an anime from the 70’s or 80’s called “Mahou Tsukai Chappie”, which ends with just that; Chappie’s friends losing their memories of them ever meeting her, essentially, “pushing the reset button” on the entire thing. With this “unexpected plot twist” (which I think was either forced or otherwise made up on the spot), Toei is teasing the possibility of this Pretty Cure series ending the same way…unless of course, there can be some other way of letting Laura keep her memories of her human friends.

OTOH, the Queen has been known to be a troll, so it could even be a secret test of character. Then again, everyone could be looking at an ambiguous ending where it’s left to the viewers to decide what happens. In any case, Manatsu talks about “doing what’s important in the moment”, and “being tropi-cool” (another way to translate “tropica-chau”, and “tropica-rou”), but now they have a long term problem. In any case, no one can assume anything. I only hope this Pretty Cure series has an actual happy ending…
Nov 21, 2021 10:29 AM

Sep 2008
@Hi_D
have there been any letdown endings?
this ep was way darker than I imagined it'd be. tbh the stolen shell implies that even if laura loses her memories, she'll gain them back. if it comes to worst, she'll live as a human, which she wouldn't mind anyway.
馬鹿げた倫理 全部ガラクタで
Nov 21, 2021 1:14 PM
Nov 2021
nyugvo6 said:
@Hi_D
have there been any letdown endings?
this ep was way darker than I imagined it'd be. tbh the stolen shell implies that even if laura loses her memories, she'll gain them back. if it comes to worst, she'll live as a human, which she wouldn't mind anyway.

It still wouldn’t really be a happy ending, especially if she kept her memories of her friends, but lost her memories of even being a mermaid, let alone her memories of Gran Ocean or even being a Pretty Cure. “Even if you forget, I’ll help you remember”? Yeah, it would still be the first possibility, but with a variation, which IMO, would essentially be a very bad attempt at dodging the issue. Heck, it would be worse if she got to live as a human, but had to meet the others all over again. Again, I hope that they find another way, or at least make it so that it is a secret test of character, though I’d prefer that they find another way.
Nov 22, 2021 7:44 PM

Jan 2008
Why do you guys think it's a secret test? It's obviously not. Most likely mermaids live far longer then humans, so befriending them leads to grief. At the same time, I'm pretty sure this entire mess is Queen's fault for erasing the Witch's memories.
Nov 24, 2021 3:16 PM

Dec 2013
Mini Manatsu and Mini Laura ere so cute >.< and it was alovely backstory as to why Manatsu decided to live even more her life 100% tropical. I'm going to miss the pink elephant as a finisher tho, but whale sharks are super chill so I'll allow it.
May 21, 2023 12:04 AM

Feb 2013
so the queen's name is melusine (and some more I didn't remember), nice.
Baby Laura and baby manatsu were friggin adorable *adopts*
guess we're going in the " laura does get her memory wiped, but the magic of friendship bings it back after a bit" direction
<-click
Apr 10, 10:04 PM

Dec 2022
damn this is getting sad
but she made her the crown ^_^

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tropical-Rouge! Precure Episode 46 Discussion

Ashhk - Jan 29, 2022

19 by gannoncannon55 »»
Apr 11, 7:05 PM

Poll: » Tropical-Rouge! Precure Episode 45 Discussion

BlichoBoy - Jan 22, 2022

9 by gannoncannon55 »»
Apr 11, 6:44 PM

Poll: » Tropical-Rouge! Precure Episode 44 Discussion

BlichoBoy - Jan 15, 2022

6 by gannoncannon55 »»
Apr 11, 12:39 AM

Poll: » Tropical-Rouge! Precure Episode 43 Discussion

BlichoBoy - Jan 8, 2022

4 by gannoncannon55 »»
Apr 11, 12:20 AM

Poll: » Tropical-Rouge! Precure Episode 42 Discussion

BlichoBoy - Dec 25, 2021

5 by gannoncannon55 »»
Apr 10, 11:58 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.