Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 19, 2021 4:59 PM

Nov 2011
That Blazing Phoenix style attack is one of the most badass techniques I've seen in this arc.

What an episode really. Goes to show how some characters are just way above in league compared to others.
Nov 19, 2021 5:00 PM

Dec 2020
Stark700 said:

What an episode really. Goes to show how some characters are just way above in league compared to others.

What do you mean ? Can you developp ?
Nov 19, 2021 5:08 PM

Sep 2018
A very great episode no doubt, much better than last week :3
And well...

Edit: Ep 61 will be Avan's Special! A very smart choice of Toei to put it after
. It should have been ep 34 if they followed chapters' order in manga
DragonKnight92Nov 19, 2021 5:59 PM
Nov 19, 2021 6:55 PM

Apr 2014
This episode was crazy. Dark King Vearn decided to summon his own weapon to rival Dai himself which is called the Staff of Edacity that converts magic power into attack power it is the same as the Somatic Staff but it has no limitations. Vearn will later end up breaking the sword of Dai. Then launches the attack called Calamitous wall. As everyone is ready to die. Hadlar managing to survive ends up saving them. However he is the one that wants to kill Dai. Though his death is imminent since the Black Core is removed and that was what kept him alive. Hadlar was close to killing Vearn too since the Staff he held took a lot of his magic power, not to mention somehow he survived and gotten more powerful to rival Vearn himself. However, Zaboera interfered since Hadlar did not appreciate him or treated him like dirt. Hadlar was close to being killed, but Block uses his ability to switch places with Hadlar and dies. Hadlar and his remaining Royal Guard escapes. Holy Mother dragon shows up to take Dai away, and now Darkness comes about knowing that no one can take up Vearn. Man what an intense episode.
Nov 19, 2021 6:58 PM
Oct 2016
The title hits the nail on the head, Hadlar becoming the heroes savior I thought to be very unlikely. Hadlar wanting his prize fight with Dai all to himself, along with I'm sure not liking the black core being inside his body. Dai gave it his all still attacking Dark King Vearn but breaking his sword. After losing that what else chance could he have. Hyunckel and Crocodine both sacrificing themselves to give Dai as much extra time that would allow.

Hadlar came very close to finishing Dark King with his majesty's magic power drained by that staff. Dark King Vearn was on the ropes still that cockroach Zaboera showed up. Still wanting his kings approval he just had to ruin a good fight. The rook castling blew my mind, I've played plenty of chess but that move is foreign to me. I only know about it from that popular Netflix show last year. Block pulled the ultimate clutch save switching places with Hadlar last second even through Mystvearn web field.

Dai could be dead with that mother dragon taking him away. Popp and Maam seem like the only ones left. Everyone else is MIA or KIA and who knows where Hadlar and his Royal Guard have gone or what they'll do next. Looks like next episode we meet a specific character after her brief tease a few episodes ago.
Nov 19, 2021 8:24 PM
Sep 2015
Very powerful episode, there are many moments I love, While Vearn and Hadlar are the center, I love when Hyunckel trying to protect Dai even in his last breath, that's why I choose Hyunckel as my husband (and Baran as my DILF). Too bad even with such a near-perfect re-adaptation there's no rising in doujinshi number.
Nov 19, 2021 9:24 PM
Apr 2021
Dawg every time I watch an episode of this show I get waves of goosebumps, it might be cuz the OST be hitting thus making every moment that much more powerful. This episode was absolute insanity, from the high level combat vs King Vearn, to the insane plot twist of Hadlar pulling up to save the squad and then Block saving Hadlar right after. I’m not sure tho if everyone made it out safely, but my gosh that episode was season FINALE levels of epic!
Nov 19, 2021 10:41 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
This episode is so hype. Lots of great part, and the battle animation once again never cease to amaze me. Hadlar and his loyal guard proved to be always an interesting crew. Hadlar almost beat the dark king. But too bad the twist with Zaboera, even though its very annoying how could he appeared on those one critical situations, its still very good to create more tension, until Block surprisingly could interfere and ended the episode with such a good way. Props to his va, got the job done with such a minimal appearance on the series, whoever you are. And i can't stop laughing when Vearn said its cheating. Another brilliant lines right there.

The preview showing me Dai and the Mother Dragon above the sky. Idk what that is about, so lets see next....
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Nov 19, 2021 10:45 PM

Jan 2009
dayum what an episode a full sakuga episode! Hadlar saves the heroes then almost killed Vearn that is severely weakened due to magic power loss

looks like this is the end of this arc so we will not see any major fighting for a while but the world will be destroyed by Vearn for the mean time
Nov 19, 2021 10:57 PM

Feb 2019
Damn rip block my goat. Hadlar may have been the reason avan is dead but I liked his characterisation today. The vearn fight was very well animated.

I’ve heard the anime should be around 100 episodes so I’m really looking forward to seeing what comes next as to how they’ll stop Vearn
Marinate1016Nov 19, 2021 11:12 PM
Nov 20, 2021 12:06 AM

Nov 2007
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Nov 20, 2021 3:43 AM

Nov 2020
The crisis is here! Great episode as always, and great news the Avan special, waiting for it!
Nov 20, 2021 4:14 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Damn that was a crazy episode, they couldn't beat Vearn and had to escape thanks to Hadlar, I admit that was kinda emotional when Block switched and died to protect them and that they could be able to escape :/ Now I'm worried for Dai because of the mother dragon showing but of course he won't die there since he's the MC and the show not gonna end at this point
Nov 20, 2021 8:44 AM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
I never thought that Hadlar would turn out to be the unlikely savior and he had the Dark King on the ropes until that little weasel Zaboera interfered and gave the Dark King a chance to kill Hadlar. Luckily, Haldar's Royal Guard was there and Block pulled an illegal chess move and switched places with Haldar to sacrifice himself to let Hadlar and the Royal Guard escape. Meanwhile, Maam and Popp are the only survivors after Dai and the others were defeated. Dai on the other hand was taken away by the Holy Mother Dragon.
Nov 20, 2021 10:36 AM

May 2018
Another great episode! I doubt Dai is dead just yet. I still wonder how Hadlar survived that Black core black
Nov 20, 2021 12:24 PM
Jul 2018
Hadlar fighting the demon king and he really wants to save Dai the animation was good great episode.
Nov 20, 2021 1:18 PM

Sep 2007
Dai's sword got broken by Vearn cheated scepter. Pop asking Maam for holding hands is always sweet but it's impressive they survive such a fall to the ocean.
Hadlar return but is now doomed after losing the black core.
Mother Dragon appear to take Dai. Now we are almost in the big final arc.
Nov 20, 2021 2:19 PM

Nov 2012
Crocodine!! He was my fave.

I thought Popp was going to escape with Mam and Dai at the last minute.
Nov 21, 2021 3:12 AM

Oct 2008
oh man such awesomeness! looks like our heroes would be out of commission for a while...
5/5.

Nov 21, 2021 6:44 AM

May 2012
One of the best episode so far...

I'm also happy that Avan special chapter will be adapted in episode 61
Dec 18, 2021 7:35 AM
Oct 2019
Wow what an episode...
Hadora have little of my respect now, he really grown as a character.
Jan 22, 2022 5:25 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Hadler tried it, but failure too!!!
Jan 27, 2022 3:31 PM

Oct 2012
I like the episode but i thought there was a barrier around the palace the didnt allow anyone to leave, how tf did popp maam and dai left? What happened, if you are on falling rocks then it doesnt matter lol? And then we also see Hadlar easily leave the barrier in Block's special magic asspull bubble or whatever that was? Thats a pretty useless barrier
PsalidokratorJan 27, 2022 4:18 PM
May 20, 2022 12:07 AM
May 2022
Psalidokrator said:
I like the episode but i thought there was a barrier around the palace the didnt allow anyone to leave, how tf did popp maam and dai left? What happened, if you are on falling rocks then it doesnt matter lol? And then we also see Hadlar easily leave the barrier in Block's special magic asspull bubble or whatever that was? Thats a pretty useless barrier

The barrier only prevents them from leaving by means of magic, but Popp, Mamm and Dai fell off. Hadler and the royal guard were able to leave with their magic because as memebers of the dark army they were allowed to enter and exit the barrier at any time, that restriction only applies to those who were not in the dark army. Maybe Vearn might revoke those privileges from now on but up until the part when they escaped that hadn’t happened.
Aug 6, 2022 2:11 PM

Mar 2010
That rook was the real hero.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.

More topics from this board

» NEW ANIME PROJECT CONFIRMED

SOSYBOI - Mar 11, 2023

12 by Illyricus »»
Apr 8, 6:53 AM

Poll: » Choose the best arc(s) in Dai no Daibouken!

DragonKnight92 - Oct 21, 2022

10 by Illyricus »»
Apr 8, 6:49 AM

Poll: » Dragon Quest: Dai no Daibouken (2020) Episode 32 Discussion

Stark700 - May 14, 2021

35 by Teirayo »»
Mar 30, 6:49 AM

Poll: » Dragon Quest: Dai no Daibouken (2020) Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 2, 2020

132 by MonkeyDKyle »»
Mar 27, 1:04 PM

Poll: » Dragon Quest: Dai no Daibouken (2020) Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 27, 2020

50 by Teirayo »»
Mar 27, 7:05 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.