Forum Settings
Forums
New
Nov 18, 2021 8:13 PM

Oct 2017
The fidelity of this film is none other! Though it's sorely missing Yoshida's iconic designs. I'm looking forward to seeing how Kyouda either destroys the franchise or closes the Hi-Evo continuity out amicably. Overall, I'm happy Sumner and Ruri are finally going to be in something for the first—and probably last—time since like 2006.

First 15 minutes:

New Trailer:
MakkusuUnfilwinNov 18, 2021 8:18 PM
Nov 20, 2021 12:37 AM
Oct 2011
MakkusuUnfilwin said:
The fidelity of this film is none other! Though it's sorely missing Yoshida's iconic designs. I'm looking forward to seeing how Kyouda either destroys the franchise or closes the Hi-Evo continuity out amicably. Overall, I'm happy Sumner and Ruri are finally going to be in something for the first—and probably last—time since like 2006.

Yeah, unlike 1 where it just felt like a mess, I enjoyed enough of 2 thanks to alt-Anemone that I'm excited enough to see all that and how he ends up closing this crazy, weird version out since these may not be cohesive but I still expect this one will be getting some feels out of me like the end of second one did. It looks like this one is also less isolated and confined bringing some things together from the first two so it actually feels bigger than the other two which I'm glad to see, and particularly to see Eureka herself in action (cool stuff for her in the trailer and 15 min opener).

Agreed, the fidelity of the animation and colors really does look great to me this time, it looks like it's got some really fantastic animation, both character and mecha.

So true, I definitely miss Yoshida's iconic touch making them look kinda different but they do still look good and also expressive.

That music track used in the trailer from last time is still so good. Naoki Sato is still freaking amazing.
DangerMouseDMNov 20, 2021 1:42 AM
Nov 20, 2021 8:33 PM

Oct 2017
I see so much hate for the Hi-Evo trilogy merely based on the fact people think it retcons the original series. Hi-Evo is certainly worse than the OG by a landslide, but if you look at it more like a collection of 'what-if?' scenarios, it actually becomes quite a fun watch. I mean, Hi-Evo 1 finally showed us the first Summer of Love that had been hinted at throughout the whole original run. Unfortunately, it was followed by the most botched concept presented in the most schizophrenic pacing I've ever seen. I agree with you on Hi-Evo 2 as well; if you're an Anemone fan, it's a great time. The world she's living in may be a post-apocalyptic nightmare, but at least she's actually happy. And of course, the Bone's production was mind-blowing for that film. I'm interested to see where Hi-Evo 3 takes us. Most of the scenes in the trailers were from the first 15 minutes, so there's obviously a lot they're hiding from us. My only complaint would be that Keiji Fujiwara didn't get to reprise his role for obvious reasons. Speaking of that, did you notice the 'Ray=out' decal in Holland's cockpit?

And yeah, Naoki Sato is great! I've been listing to the Acperience remix on repeat to prepare for the film. Hopefully, not all of Hi-Evo 3 will be orchestral. Not that I don't like his orchestral, It's just that his trance and electronic is another level.

Nov 22, 2021 4:08 AM

Oct 2017
New trailer dropped. It's mostly the same with some new scenes at the start and front. The last after title scene seems pretty interesting if I think it is what I think it is.

Dec 9, 2021 12:32 PM
Oct 2011
MakkusuUnfilwin said:
I see so much hate for the Hi-Evo trilogy merely based on the fact people think it retcons the original series. Hi-Evo is certainly worse than the OG by a landslide, but if you look at it more like a collection of 'what-if?' scenarios, it actually becomes quite a fun watch. I mean, Hi-Evo 1 finally showed us the first Summer of Love that had been hinted at throughout the whole original run. Unfortunately, it was followed by the most botched concept presented in the most schizophrenic pacing I've ever seen. I agree with you on Hi-Evo 2 as well; if you're an Anemone fan, it's a great time. The world she's living in may be a post-apocalyptic nightmare, but at least she's actually happy. And of course, the Bone's production was mind-blowing for that film. I'm interested to see where Hi-Evo 3 takes us. Most of the scenes in the trailers were from the first 15 minutes, so there's obviously a lot they're hiding from us. My only complaint would be that Keiji Fujiwara didn't get to reprise his role for obvious reasons. Speaking of that, did you notice the 'Ray=out' decal in Holland's cockpit?

And yeah, Naoki Sato is great! I've been listing to the Acperience remix on repeat to prepare for the film. Hopefully, not all of Hi-Evo 3 will be orchestral. Not that I don't like his orchestral, It's just that his trance and electronic is another level.

Yeah, the opening section of part 1 was the one good part of that one before it went downhill and like you said being a huge Anemone fan added to my enjoyment and emotional attachment of part 2. So I'm looking forward to the 3 and those first 15 minutes and the trailer definitely make me anticipate that it'll suck me in again like the second one. Very curious to see where this one goes to close it out.

It's still a unique mix to this franchise, the mix of both orchestral and the trance and electronic stuff. He's still totally got it.

Oh, I missed that, I'll have to look for it next time I watch the trailer, that's a good catch!

More topics from this board

Poll: » Koukyoushihen Eureka Seven Hi-Evolution 3: Eureka Episode 1 Discussion

Catalano - Nov 18, 2022

5 by CcCharles »»
Mar 7, 2:27 AM

» Blu-Ray/DVD Slated for the 24th of June

_MushiRock11_ - May 13, 2022

3 by FreeLanceZ0mbie »»
Oct 4, 2022 10:12 PM

» Opens on November 26; New Key Visual & Trailer

MegamiRem - Aug 9, 2021

3 by Catalano »»
Nov 20, 2021 1:31 AM

» Theatrical Release Confirmed for 2021

_MushiRock11_ - Dec 2, 2019

8 by 3miL »»
Jul 30, 2021 1:09 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.