Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Nov 18, 2021 7:54 AM
Sep 2021
now i personally don’t have a problem with sakura as much as i can admit throughout the majority of naruto she was pretty useless, but saying that i do not mean she was weak during shippuden because she definitely wasn’t but i think there is a very thin line between hatred and absolutely loving sakura because i think some people overhype sakura or just say she’s useless and dumb. I personally think that sakura is pretty strong but not god level by any means, she does not beat juubidara or juubito by any means but she is definitely the strongest kunoichi and the third overall strongest in the hidden leaf 12. I want some peoples opinions on sakura.
Nov 18, 2021 8:00 AM
Mar 2021
OVERHATED ALL THE WAY
Nov 18, 2021 8:04 AM

Jul 2015
Sakura is a rare combination of bad person and bad character. She deserves all of the scrutinity she receives.

Nov 18, 2021 8:14 AM
Jul 2021
Sakura was always hated in the naruto series and some people still hate her until now (naruto shippuden and boruto) even though she changed so much now and is one of the strongest hidden leaf shinobi. As for her hype, she is definitely not overhyped nor overrated because she has a rather small fanbase that acknowledge her achievements and extreme importance in the current hidden leaf society (I'm one of them) and her actual fans know that her abilities cannot be compared to OP naruto and sasuke (they have different kinds of abilities, she is a medical ninja, and the best, btw) . So in conclusion, Sakura is definitely overhated. She doesn't deserve the hate. She was definitely a mean brat in naruto, but she changed.
Nov 18, 2021 8:22 AM
Jul 2021
I completely understand why she’s so hated. A big part of it is that Kishimoto admitted he’s bad at writing female characters. She’s just very one-dimensional. She doesn’t end up growing much and somehow falls in love with some emo boy she’s barely ever talked to. They also hyped her up in the beginning of Shippuden, especially that fight with Chiyo against Sasori. Then, she just went back to the sidelines and kind of became a fodder character again. She then “caught up” to Naruto and Sasuke according to her, but she had only just reached kage level. She also had the most potential since she was supposed to be a genius, but she ended up almost never training or really thinking for herself. I don’t hate her but also don’t like her
Nov 18, 2021 8:27 AM
Jan 2021
Sakura was useless in naruto , but she got stronger in shippuden and boruto. But I definitely can't forgive her for her trash personality towards Naruto and she is not overhated or overrated , she deserves the hate she receives . And its just stupid of people saying that she is still useless .
Nov 18, 2021 8:38 AM

Sep 2020
Sakura does not deserve the hate she receives. Most people who hate on her just do it because they can't think for themselves. If you read the 700 chapters of the manga and watch the anime properly you will notice how amazing her character development is, probably the best in the whole series. She was weak and insecure and she worked her way up to be the strongest kunoichi to ever exist. She is probably the character who supported Naruto the most throughout the whole series together with Kakashi and Jiraya, but people only sees the times she hit him. It is obviously for humour purposes. Nami used to hit Luffy a lot and no one hates her for that. Even Temari hits her husband the whole damn time and everyone think they are the perfect couple. All the other arguments to hate Sakura just do not make sense. It is ok to dislike a character but what people do with Sakura is just unbelievably unfair.
Nov 18, 2021 8:41 AM

Jun 2021
cooper_2006 said:
now i personally don’t have a problem with sakura as much as i can admit throughout the majority of naruto she was pretty useless, but saying that i do not mean she was weak during shippuden because she definitely wasn’t but i think there is a very thin line between hatred and absolutely loving sakura because i think some people overhype sakura or just say she’s useless and dumb. I personally think that sakura is pretty strong but not god level by any means, she does not beat juubidara or juubito by any means but she is definitely the strongest kunoichi and the third overall strongest in the hidden leaf 12. I want some peoples opinions on sakura.
OVERHATED (character limit)
Nov 18, 2021 8:42 AM

Jun 2021
Jellybeanx said:
Sakura does not deserve the hate she receives. Most people who hate on her just do it because they can't think for themselves. If you read the 700 chapters of the manga and watch the anime properly you will notice how amazing her character development is, probably the best in the whole series. She was weak and insecure and she worked her way up to be the strongest kunoichi to ever exist. She is probably the character who supported Naruto the most throughout the whole series together with Kakashi and Jiraya, but people only sees the times she hit him. It is obviously for humour purposes. Nami used to hit Luffy a lot and no one hates her for that. Even Temari hits her husband the whole damn time and everyone think they are the perfect couple. All the other arguments to hate Sakura just do not make sense. It is ok to dislike a character but what people do with Sakura is just unbelievably unfair.
yes, I agree completely... finally found someone who understands instead of going with the hype to hate on her.
Nov 18, 2021 8:42 AM
Jul 2018
overheated
Like I don’t like her that much but people be hating on her too much bro
Nov 18, 2021 8:44 AM
Jul 2021
I think she’s overhated, I get the hatred towards her in OG Naruto but people liked to drag it on after that and completely ignore development which she had.

People go on about how she’s ‘useless’ like without her Naruto and Sasuke would be dead so idk why they call her useless.

I agree her power is nothing godlike but she isn’t useless at all.
Nov 18, 2021 9:55 AM
Nov 2021
Personally i think Sakura is definitely overhated. Like I do admit that she was extremely useless in most cases during Naruto, and then she was still useless, less useless but still useless in Shippuden. In boruto I don't think she even has screentime that exceeds 4 or 5 episodes. I don't hate Sakura myself but I obviously believe that she could've at least done something like during the chunin exams for example. And ino vs Sakura was just plain stupid, but then again I don't think it would've been right to promote either of them to churning at their level that time. But having all this said I can still come up with a list of important things Sakura has done, not super long but still a list.
Nov 18, 2021 10:04 AM

May 2021
Nah she is just overhated. Not overrated tho.
just a meme at this point
Nov 18, 2021 10:06 AM
Jan 2021
There are just so many better developed female characters in manga/anime that when you look at sakura it’s quite terrible like JJK black clover and demon slayer have less content but way better developed female characters JJK being the best example with maki and norabara so sakura deserve the hate she is just there to not make team seven all male
Nov 18, 2021 10:10 AM

Aug 2020
overhated atw. firstly she was not unhelpful and irrelevant in the fourth great ninja war because she saved and healed many people, and she saved naruto's life, he would've been dead if it was not for her pumping his heart. tho I admit through the naruto and naruto shippuden, I really despise her for some parts like what she said about naruto when they were younger or when she lied about her feelings for him only to get him to not go and she was quite useless at some parts of the show, just screaming and crying. people should stop comparing her to naruto and sasuke because she's a normal person. she's not a jinchuriki like naruto or an uchiha like sasuke so she worked really hard to be where she is now (not saying that she's on par with sasuke and naruto or that naruto and sasuke did not work as hard)

fascinating, isn't it, how often heroic and foolish turn out to be one and the same
my anime list ♡
∞༺♥༻∞

Nov 18, 2021 12:39 PM
May 2021
Overhated all the way.
Dalton Snare
Nov 18, 2021 1:40 PM
Apr 2019
Overhated by the way.
Nov 18, 2021 1:44 PM

Sep 2018
Sakura is hated for having way too much screentime despite being the most boring mc in Naruto. I really prefer if Tsunade replaced her role as she is far superior to Sakura throughout the series..
Nov 18, 2021 3:17 PM
Nov 2013
Definitely overhated.
She was annoying and weak at first but she changed and had a great development until she became the best medical ninja and one of the most important characters in the franchise.
She is one of the most realistic characters in naruto . Her weakness and behavior at the beginning makes sense narratively as she is a spoiled girl who was raised by both of her doting parents who aren't even ninja so she didn't understand what naruto and sasuke went through, and in her perspective naruto in the beginning was just the clown of the class (which is true xD) who interveres whenever she gets close to sasuke and always picks fights with sasuke. However, she witnessed naruto's strong will and determination, how he works hard to make people acknowledge him and to become hokage, how sacrifices himself for his friends...etc and everytime she understood him more and more until they became very close friends. In the chunin exam she was about to drop out of the exam just for Naruto's sake (because they were told that if their answer is wrong they'll stay genins for ever) and since then she supported naruto a lot and did a lot for him especially in shippuden

Her lack of power is totally understandable too since she isn't from a ninja clan like most of the other characters so she had no training before the academy . She also didn't have a goal so she had no reason to train regularly like naruto,sasuke,lee...
But when she became a genin and faced many dangers she acknowledged her weakness and she hated herself for being a burden. She started wanting to become stronger, and even more when sasuke left the village, and she had now a goal which is to rescue sasuke and bring him back , that's when she started training seriously and she became strong.

She obviously has an important role in the story , she saved and healed naruto and a lot of people many times and she contributed in important fights. Even when she was weak in the first part she was ready to die to defend naruto and sasuke while they were unconcious in the chunin exam ...etc

Sakura is definitely a misunderstood character, and despite her flaws she is indeed a well written character whether people like her or not !
Nov 18, 2021 3:48 PM
Aug 2021
Completely overhated. It's to the point I once saw a list of "Why people hate Sakura" and her forehead was part of the reasons lmfao.

Kishi wrote her as one of the most realistic characters coupled up with insane growth before and after the war. I still don't get why some people are hung up on her 12 year old self
Nov 18, 2021 4:01 PM
Jul 2018
Although I don't like what she did with Naruto but she has changed very much back from then. Tbh, she is very overhated.
Nov 19, 2021 2:51 AM
Jun 2020
Under hated imo.

Honestly had a physical reaction irl when she asked naruto to bring saske back and then... oh god in shippuden when she pretended to love naruto for a full minute it seriously broke me.

That was hands down one of the scummyist things ive seen in all of anime.

Worst charater ever. 720epi and she did nothing to redeem an ounce of her abuse at a bullied orphan who did nothing but love her.

Choosing Sasuke was so fukd he literally never even looked at her. Manipulating the one person who always loved and protected her to spend his life retrieving her love is... wow just wow.
Havent watched much of borito but choosing to have a kid knowing the father is going to be absentee is another fuckd decision that the kid doesnt deserve.

At least when villains do something evil they at least try there best to achieve goals and stay true instead

the most character defining moments was crying in the dirt while cutting hair off and then a single cutaway montos of her reading a book to play with a fish on a scroll.

The "redemption" fight where she pretended to be useful she spent 70% being controlled by puppetry. Someone had to litterally move her limbs to get her to be useful in a fight.

Did she change ? Boruto knowledge limited- Because i saw her daughter run away from her and she spends her time with naruto asking about Sasuke.

Under hated.

Yeah i get its a meme to hate like its a meme to hate nickelback but she deserves all she gets.
Nov 19, 2021 4:16 AM
Aug 2021
Sakura is overhated. Why? because people want Hinata to get more screen time than her. Sakura was infact the best friend of Naruto. She changed a lot since EP 1. I love her for what she is. People don't like her for many reasons which I can understand. In manga, she's actually quite decent than the headbangs which she does in the anime. Nevertheless people call her useless. She's my all time favourite.
Nov 19, 2021 10:18 PM
Aug 2020
For a main character shes pretty garbage that I cannot lie. Shes rated fine imo. People know shes useless but got upscaled and are fine with it.
Nov 20, 2021 2:50 PM

Nov 2012
I'd say underhated. She was completely useless and pathetic until Tsunade became her teacher. I don't know why Naruto speaks to her. It was ok with her if Naruto died just as long as he brought Sauske back. Complete dick move. I never grew to like her. Her self esteem was too low. I found her barely tolerable by the end of Shippuuden and still do.

edit:
Toxic_Hollow said:
Under hated imo.

Honestly had a physical reaction irl when she asked naruto to bring saske back and then... oh god in shippuden when she pretended to love naruto for a full minute it seriously broke me.

That was hands down one of the scummyist things ive seen in all of anime.

Worst charater ever. 720epi and she did nothing to redeem an ounce of her abuse at a bullied orphan who did nothing but love her.

Choosing Sasuke was so fukd he literally never even looked at her. Manipulating the one person who always loved and protected her to spend his life retrieving her love is... wow just wow.

Yes, exactly!
I should've read comments first!
dragynfaerieNov 20, 2021 3:08 PM
Nov 20, 2021 4:56 PM

Oct 2013
Some people go way overboard like calling her useless and stuff. She isn't useless by any means.

However she is not a well written character at all and a poor excuse for a main female character. So she deserves a lot of criticism she gets but this is one of those series when people hate a character they blow it way out of proportion. You can say she is a bad character without hating her to an obsessive degree.

Still not as bad as powerlevel wankers or Sasuke fanboys vs Naruto fanboys eternal war.
Nov 20, 2021 8:02 PM
Dec 2020
Overhated. She’s really not that bad of a character in shippuden, and she’s pretty likable in boruto. Naruto part 1 on the other hand…
Nov 20, 2021 11:38 PM

Jun 2019
Overhated.... That's it. My favourite girl in Boruto...
Nov 21, 2021 1:34 AM
Aug 2021
Well of course overrated
Nov 21, 2021 3:16 AM

May 2014
Neither , She deserves the hate she's getting , Naruto story line would have been much better if she was a supporting character like Hinata , All her actions could have been overlooked if she wasn't in the main cast but Kishimoto decided that she should play a bigger role despite her being this flawed and obnoxious lil B was unnecessary
Nov 21, 2021 3:29 AM

Mar 2020
All those hate are nonsense. She's overhated.
Oppai check!

111 cm: Hancock
110 cm: Zoro
100 cm: Robin
Nov 22, 2021 4:11 AM
Sep 2017
I think Sakura is a good character badly used maybe if she were just a minor character she would be better in her role. Naruto / Boruto doesn't have extremely good or outstanding female characters, Sakura is the most acceptable of them and that shouldn't even be a compliment. Kishi is largely to blame for this, he's not good at writing good story or character development for females. Partly I think she doesn't deserve all this hate, but I understand why they don't like her. In an RPG, if you think about it, she's just the cure, she does the job very well, but people like the role of the warrior better.
Nov 25, 2021 1:44 AM
Nov 2021
Funny.wait i can only type 15 letters lol
Nov 28, 2021 12:57 AM
Jul 2020
overhated imagine watching boruto just to keep on hating on her which are you even continuing the anime just to hate her btw i do not her
Nov 28, 2021 1:00 AM
otp haver 🤪

Jul 2017
She is overhated but Kishimoto didn't help her keep any credibility by marrying Sasuke of all people and capping her ending as a fucking house wife waiting on his ass.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Episode 168 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 4, 2020

28 by Tony2Phones »»
Yesterday, 1:30 PM

Poll: » Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Episode 173 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 8, 2020

26 by bottleblonde »»
Apr 18, 9:39 AM

Poll: » Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Episode 156 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 12, 2020

42 by Tony2Phones »»
Apr 17, 4:17 AM

Poll: » Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Episode 112 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 23, 2019

33 by YouTsuki_nbm »»
Apr 9, 6:32 PM

Poll: » Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Episode 65 Discussion

Ulquiorra - Aug 8, 2018

42 by Rayquazatempest »»
Apr 9, 1:01 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.