Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Tokyo Revengers
Available on Manga Store
New
Nov 17, 2021 11:27 AM
Feb 2021
It was kinda pretty bad. Nothing worth remembering really ! Why even add time travel, you could say "Takemichi woken up in his old-self body" and that would work fine too. Naoto is pretty much Wikipedia on gangs to update Takemichi.

Why was takemichi pushed by Aakkun on tracks ? cause of Hina, the girl he didn't gave a shit for 10+ years ! or for being friends with Mikey which he never was, when the story begins

It would've been better if Naoto was out of story and Takemichi's power was described as untimely body switch between his past and present self ( like in 'Boku dake ga inai machi' ). If adult Naoto's Wikipedia work (research on Gangs) was done by adult Takemichi then it would've made the story more thrilling, like a guy MC working all by himself both in the past and in the present trying to save the girl he loves, a full fledged combination of action and romance.

But people still love this show because the story is too complex to be even understood by a mortal being, rather the story is focused on a single problem at a time, Save hina........save drakin.......save baji....... become the leader.......and add some "Where's Naoto, did I changed the future ?" for a change of pace.
Nov 17, 2021 11:45 AM
Feb 2021
There is a lot more story left. It'll be explained later.

You should probably drop it if you think it's bad. I don't see the point in continuing.
Nov 17, 2021 11:55 AM
Jun 2020
In the Manga you will get more details to the time traveling but it isn’t really explained yet.
Nov 17, 2021 12:32 PM

May 2021
Shit was trash from the very first episode. I heard people comparing it to steins gate and I was hyped. Watched it and it was one of worst time travel series I have ever seen. Steins gate and tokyo revengers has a heaven to earth to difference.

Nov 17, 2021 12:43 PM
Jan 2021
Time travel is important. He can go back to see how he changed things to prevent the changed events from happening.

He was pushed on the tracks because the main antagonist (forgot his name) , which is now the gang leader told him to.

I disagree, Naoto is important for the time switches.

U don’t like it because ur not trying to enjoy it. That’s how it looks to me at least and ur points make no sense.
Nov 17, 2021 1:10 PM
Jul 2018
darrenkbenn said:
Shit was trash from the very first episode. I heard people comparing it to steins gate and I was hyped. Watched it and it was one of worst time travel series I have ever seen. Steins gate and tokyo revengers has a heaven to earth to difference.

I think u watched it with expectations
High expectations
I can relate I did that with aot s1 and hated it , then watched it again later (without much expectations) and enjoyed it a bit
Nov 17, 2021 1:39 PM

Apr 2020
darrenkbenn said:

Damn, People really compare this to Steins Gate? I dunno what they were thinking...
Nov 17, 2021 1:40 PM

Jul 2020
I wish the characters were older (It would have been one of the best gang anime), I hate middle-school kids.
Nov 17, 2021 1:45 PM
Jan 2021
This post is also kinda pretty bad. Nothing worth discussing really !

Nope, your idea makes even less sense and less appealing than the original. Even the time travel in Boku Dake ga Inai Machi(your example) has a more detailed plot device than you mentioned, he had mini time travel several times where he was given chances to save people before he leaped back to 18 years to the past.

There are also more information(that can answer some of your issues) that has yet to be adapted(they've only adapted around 73 chapters from more than 200 chapters). It'll be explained more if there's a second season (or you could read the Manga).

Just drop it if you're not enjoying it.
Hot_Green_TeaNov 17, 2021 1:55 PM
Nov 17, 2021 2:05 PM

Feb 2020
Tokyo revengers indeed have a lot of problem in both in story and characters. One thing I found it actually solves is yankii stories dragging nature and inproper buildups to events. Time travel is pretty badly used tbh, I definitely do prefer erased supernatural grace over this plot device.

Though I am not sure what prank u are mentioning
Click for a anime mashup!
BIO
Still not gone bandwagon u, keep crying. Here u are welcome to CRINGE at my EXISTENCE

Nov 17, 2021 2:33 PM

Mar 2021
darrenkbenn said:
It's more like "heaven to hell"
Nov 17, 2021 4:17 PM
Jun 2021
This anime is one of the most over-rated pieces of garbage, I hated it.
Characters were shallow edgelords, the plot was boring af and for it shounen you'd think with these flaws it would be atleast be carried by its animation. But nadda, unless you like watching the same 4 frames for 5 different punches.....
Nov 17, 2021 6:22 PM

Nov 2021
People who prefer logic over enjoyment would never like tokyo revengers

Nov 17, 2021 6:38 PM
Jun 2021
I liked the show up until now, but I’m convinced it’s going to get worse, not sure why time travel was necessary to the plot but I could get past it. I do think it would have been better without it but the love story with Hina wouldn’t make any sense without it.
I’m caught up with the story (haven’t read the manga but I know what happens throughout) and it starts making more sense later but the story also keeps getting messier as the reason a lot of the problems keep occuring in the ”present” is because of a really shitty plot point that is about as bad as the AoT manga ending.

I enjoyed it so far but I sincerely doubt people will keep enjoying it. Pretty sure a season 2 is coming since it was popular but I doubt it’s going to keep fans that care about quality.

Also, Steins;Gate? The only thing in common they have is time travel, but one show focuses on the time travel all the way through while it’s just a plot device similar to reincarnation in isekais for Tokyo Revengers. The shows are too different to fairly compare . It’s like comparing Naruto and HxH because they have martial arts, but the shows are just too different to line up against eachother besides the few things they share.

It’s going to suck if you expect such clever writing as Steins;Gate. Almost all anime won’t live up to that kind of writing as Steins;Gate as a concept is just too hard to pull off without said writing. The show went all in on a solid story, but other anime fills that void with action, character drama and adventures instead. Tokyo Revengers is the latter.
Nov 17, 2021 8:17 PM

Apr 2020
I like it, I put it off for a while, but once I started I was hooked. I'm now caught up with the manga and anime, I'm just hoping some of these people can be saved cause like damn a lot of people I like die man
“You flounder through life, struggling desperately so you won't drown, even though you would float if you'd just relax.”
Nov 17, 2021 8:25 PM
Jun 2020
Yeah id have just saved the girl, or when i knew i could go back in time just make sure i was set to live a better life lotto or marry her and move far away then the gang stuff never happened.

I guess its all because he messed up the first trip by still getting into the first fight and thats how he ended up slaved to a gang. But christ at what point does someone call the cops holy fuck talk to ur family and move out of town.

Deeper and deeper every time more people to save never remembering what life is lived it gets so messed so quickly id bail on that quick. He seems to roll with stuff that personally id need more time to process. Death resets are the key i guess
Nov 17, 2021 8:36 PM
Aug 2019
So.... Do you wish to ask something or is this thread a prank? šŸ¤£. Anyway I just needed a reason to say EL PSY kongroo(Congroo) whichever agrees.
Nov 17, 2021 11:52 PM

Apr 2021
I agree the anime was kinda meh...

...But not THAT bad.
Nov 18, 2021 1:54 AM
Feb 2021
TripprrSavage said:
It was kinda pretty bad. Nothing worth remembering really ! Why even add time travel, you could say "Takemichi woken up in his old-self body" and that would work fine too. Naoto is pretty much Wikipedia on gangs to update Takemichi.

Why was takemichi pushed by Aakkun on tracks ? cause of Hina, the girl he didn't gave a shit for 10+ years ! or for being friends with Mikey which he never was, when the story begins

It would've been better if Naoto was out of story and Takemichi's power was described as untimely body switch between his past and present self ( like in 'Boku dake ga inai machi' ). If adult Naoto's Wikipedia work (research on Gangs) was done by adult Takemichi then it would've made the story more thrilling, like a guy MC working all by himself both in the past and in the present trying to save the girl he loves, a full fledged combination of action and romance.

But people still love this show because the story is too complex to be even understood by a mortal being, rather the story is focused on a single problem at a time, Save hina........save drakin.......save baji....... become the leader.......and add some "Where's Naoto, did I changed the future ?" for a change of pace.

Exactly šŸ¤£ how is this even 8+ rated such a shit show i don't mind the time traveling / script stuff

But.....

Imagine getting stabbed and fighting with power of friendship discusting cry baby mc pisses me off his face wants to make me punch like hell
Nov 18, 2021 2:39 AM
Sep 2020
Idk I had the same feeling half way through but after completing it's a mediocre anime 6/10. And I would check out the second season.
Nov 18, 2021 8:36 AM
Oct 2021
Isaac_02 said:
I wish the characters were older (It would have been one of the best gang anime), I hate middle-school kids.
yeah I too agree with that... Like 15 year olds murdering someone and getting away... Tf ... They getting out of shit just by sucking there thumb... And the mc the muther*ucki*g mc god I hate that bastard ... The most annoying little bitch ever ... Ngl upto ep13 it was enjoyable but after that it nosedived ... Op was a banger thou
Nov 18, 2021 2:22 PM
Jun 2021
TripprrSavage said:

your whole argument is wouldn’t it be cool if he did everything himself…. I will say nothing else
Nov 27, 2021 5:24 PM
Feb 2012
The anime is good, but lot of shit would be resolved if MC wasn't dumb as fuck. Twelve year of experience made him more mature, not more intelligent. Some straight foward dialogues, people not minding his persistent amnesia and other things piss me of by difficulting my suspension of disbelief...despite being a time-travel yankee show.
Nov 28, 2021 12:22 PM

Nov 2014
yeah,this post is indeed a pretty bad prank
Nov 28, 2021 12:29 PM

Nov 2014
ah nvm its a BNHA fanboy who gave to every season 9 when most of the seasons are nothing more than a 6
no point in talking to you
Dec 1, 2021 3:14 PM

Jun 2021
MoFarah123 said:
If u think it’s bad drop it
If u like it continue what on earth was the point of the thread
well, that's not how it always works...
how does this work?
Dec 3, 2021 9:05 AM

Jul 2021
to be completely honest, the anime was awful compared to the manga. they skipped so many important details. the manga digs deeper into more of the specifics of how takemichi is able to go back to the past. that being said, it still comes with many inconsistencies and flaws that would be taken into consideration if this were a more logic-based anime. sadly, i really don't believe that this anime was meant for theorizing on time travel, which is why i feel like you didn't like it. the plot is essentially the idea of gangs, delinquents and fighting in which time travel is just a mere factor in it.

**TOKYO REVENGERS MANGA SPOILERS***

ultimately, if you enjoyed the actual fighting and gang concept part of the anime, i feel as if you'd enjoy the manga and hopefully they'll come out with a season 2 with more details. on the other hand, i'm not completely sure how deep you want to dig into the specifics of time travel, but the manga does do a much better job at explaining it. that being said, it's still your decision if you wanna drop it or not ;p

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tokyo Revengers Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2021

335 by Captain22 »»
Apr 21, 2:46 PM

Poll: » Tokyo Revengers Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 10, 2021

250 by Captain22 »»
Apr 19, 3:52 AM

Poll: » I read so many people saying that Takemichi is a pedo and i want to know your opinion

Onii-chanShuki - Sep 29, 2021

30 by Piromysl »»
Apr 2, 10:41 PM

» Worst protagonist ever? ( 1 2 3 4 )

Leon888 - Jan 14

169 by KobayashiChi »»
Mar 19, 3:57 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Revengers Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 26, 2021

253 by Ryokonoma »»
Mar 10, 11:59 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

Itā€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.