Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Detective Is Already Dead
Available on Manga Store
New
Nov 16, 2021 8:19 PM
Nov 2021
I finished this anime 2 weeks ago I liked it very much the storyline was good the animation was also good so I don't understand why is there so much hate

Mod Edit: Modified title for clarity and/or easier searching.
KarinaraFeb 23, 2022 10:28 AM
Nov 16, 2021 8:28 PM
Apr 2021
Not sure maybe it’s because compares to the LN it isn’t good but as a anime only watcher I enjoyed it a lot aswell
Nov 16, 2021 8:30 PM
Feb 2021
It's all about personal preference don't make it get you.
Nov 16, 2021 8:33 PM

Jan 2021
For me I think it feels way too hallow and doesn't hit what it's trying to do well at all, can't comment on the source material but the story comes off as all over the place.

Nov 16, 2021 8:49 PM
Jul 2018
Because it's a bad adaptation. Poorly directed, with issues in the dramatic timing.
Nov 16, 2021 9:07 PM
Feb 2017
The storyline? What even was the storyline? It was a bunch of random crap that was strung together. And no, the animation outside episode 1 was just plain garbage.
Nov 16, 2021 9:09 PM

Aug 2020
The show didn't do anything of value, it's a show that just exists to make a few bucks from the LN.

Has a 8.60 mean score
Akasaka > Other Mangakas

Nov 16, 2021 9:46 PM
Seigi no Mikata

Sep 2021
Because it was absolutely poorly written. I don't know much about the source material but this is by far one of the worst Anime adaption I've ever watched. The characters is shallow and hardly leave any impression to me. The story and plot itself is generic, a lot of things just randomly happen and don't make any sense. To be blunt, I would rather watch Redo of Healer than this show.
Nov 16, 2021 10:01 PM
Jan 2021
kizumi91 said:
Because it was absolutely poorly written. I don't know much about the source material but this is by far one of the worst Anime adaption I've ever watched. The characters is shallow and hardly leave any impression to me. The story and plot itself is generic, a lot of things just randomly happen and don't make any sense. To be blunt, I would rather watch Redo of Healer than this show.
What’s wrong with Redo of Healer
Nov 16, 2021 10:21 PM

Jan 2021
The anime is basically waifu bait

and uhhh bad story and such

and inconsistent animation, good at the first ep, horrible at the next ones

I hope no one I know irl sees my secret account~

Anyways, do I look cute in this outfit?~

Nov 16, 2021 10:44 PM
Oct 2020
You know some people like something some people hate something. But for some reason it became a trend to hate this anime during the season. Like you me and a lot of others liked the anime. But people just can't stay away from what they don't like. They are continuously coming in the fan base and spreading hate.

Look it's ok to hate or not liking an anime. But no one wants to hear that from you. Don't come in the fan base discussion spread hatred. If want to criticize it then make your own thread and talk about it. (I'm not talking about this post)
Nov 16, 2021 11:01 PM
Aug 2019
yesterday I finished it and I felt emptyness in general. It looks like they tried to do a better anime but ended up by just another average anime. The worst thing about the anime are the sfx bro like 0 sense. 8/10 because siesta carried
Nov 16, 2021 11:03 PM

Jul 2021
Shallow, messy and poor written story, random shit just happen each episode, they even brought out a freaking mecha. Bland, emotionless, no development characters, they used Siesta, the girl everyone talked about to do ecchi and cute stuffs and somehow expected everyone to like it.

The only highlight is the animation in the first ep, but they used all the budget into that scene and Siesta's booba, so they had to decrease the budget to make some absolutely terrible action scenes later on

This show should be award for the worst anime of the decade
AronicsNov 16, 2021 11:09 PM
Nov 16, 2021 11:41 PM
Dec 2020
Sure the animation was good, but the plot was non existent, and every episode was worse than the last.. I (somehow) managed to watch new episodes weekly, but it's up there for the worst anime I have ever watched, and I've watched some pretty bad ones. 😅
Nov 17, 2021 12:30 AM
Dec 2020
storyline was trash ngl, production value was great and all but directive was just pure garbage
Nov 17, 2021 1:20 AM

Aug 2021
Cuz it deserves it

Yeah, the world would be dark without Light...
but without L, the world would just be a Word...
Nov 17, 2021 1:21 AM
May 2021
This is one of the worst anime I have ever seen.
Complete garbage there is nothing good about this anime.
Nov 17, 2021 2:43 AM

Mar 2021
I was really keen for this series after reading the synopsis but watching it, I found it really boring with uninteresting characters that don’t do anything
Nov 17, 2021 3:02 AM
Jan 2021
It's just a waifu bait with poorly adaptation from the Light Novel(Story wise, the Anime adaptation did really poor). How can you say the animation is good when the action scenes are only good in the first episode but stiff throughout the rest?
Nov 17, 2021 3:36 AM
Dec 2020
People actually like this?
Nov 17, 2021 3:47 AM
Jul 2020
Read the 40 other posts people have made about why they like it/don’t like it.

It seems like every week someone wants to be told they’re right for liking it or they’re right for disliking it.
Nov 17, 2021 4:08 AM
Jan 2021
BhuvanSiesta said:
I finished this anime 2 weeks ago I liked it very much the storyline was good the animation was also good so I don't understand why is there so much hate
it's shit. Like literally it was the most cringe and generic storyline n characters ever. I do have to agree with u on the animation it was pretty unique ngl like that scene in the airplane but that's the only highlight
Nov 17, 2021 8:52 AM
Mar 2021
wow can't believe there's someone who likes this anime. To me, it's a bad adaptation, the animation outside the first episode was very bad and whacky,the storyline is messed up for some reason, there's literally no connection between episodes, the characters are just bland and typical. Finished it and i felt like i lost a whole lot of braincells trying to identify what the f just happened throughout the show, basically it's just not worth my time. But hey, i respect your taste bro ^^
Nov 17, 2021 9:49 AM
Feb 2021
It's different from the LN or Manga (maybe both) and I guess a lot of people don't like that
Nov 17, 2021 1:29 PM
Jun 2021
As someone who hasn't even touched the ln, i just got bored. The first episode was pretty good, but after that it just felt like a wanna be monogatari or bgs with the constant witty and back and forth dialog
Nov 17, 2021 9:35 PM
Aug 2021
It was good but got really strange. Didn’t understand anything and was only watching for siesta ngl
Nov 18, 2021 1:21 AM

Jul 2021
Don't get me wrong, the animation looks really great, I just think this series isn't my cup of tea though I'm still confused on why the detective is dead? and I haven't read the LN yet but from the first episode to the fourth episode was really interesting to me, I love the mystery atmosphere going on until in the fifth episode and so forth, I don't know what the bloody hell happened to nagisa's screentime but siesta somewhat appeared most in half of the series which apparently goes the "waifu bait" and yeah no it's not interesting, if they could've maintain a similar atmosphere that happens in previous episodes instead of wasting their money on their production of showing Siesta "waifu bait" scenes, I would've rate it a 9/10. Also I haven't read the LN as previously said so I'm definitely sure to what I've interpreted is incorrectly observed. In addition, Kimi's VA, he sounds really forced and cringy sorry I can't really bare with his voice, but the other character's VA did a decent job.
"......If I told you that I was a real witch, would you believe it?"

Nov 18, 2021 1:55 AM

Feb 2019
Let's run the list once more:

• Shallow, tropey characters.
  • Fake-smart "detective" work based entirely around inexplicably knowing the answer.
  • An utterly nonsensical plot.
  • Themeless and in deference to its own premise.
  • Horribly inconsistent and awfully integrated animation.
  • Dull direction and music.
  • And just an overall lack of polish on the production scene.

Need any of us go on?
Well I for one already loved Lain.
Nov 26, 2021 10:30 AM
Oct 2020
The story is not up to the mark for a decent anime. It contains many unnecessary plotlines and all of these eps storyline doesn't blend into one good story. If characters and storyline are not compatible with each other, there is no urge to watch it till the end
Nov 29, 2021 8:01 PM
Jun 2021
to be honest, the story is kinda boring but at the same time, it's good. I thought this anime has a 7-8 rating, but it is not and I was surprised
edit: the action scene is trash, maybe that's why the rating Is so low
Nov 30, 2021 4:06 AM

Jun 2020
It's just another waifu bait so I have no reason for liking it, still okay if you enjoy it though you are valid, just let people hate anything they want.
Dec 16, 2021 6:58 AM
Nov 2020
People went into the show with high expectations because of the amazing marketing. But sadly, the only good thing about this show was the animation in first episode and the marketing. that's it
Dec 19, 2021 6:25 PM

Jan 2010
Just finished and it was fine until alicia appears, she ruined it for me.
Dec 21, 2021 2:45 AM
Jul 2021
how will u feel when u are watching an anime-only because of one character and u liked the first episode so much but they decided to stick with their dumb title and kills ur fav character right away and the rest of it keeps getting worst than what u call trash 0_0
Dec 31, 2021 5:26 AM
Jul 2021
this anime is a joke not gonna lie
Dec 31, 2021 7:51 PM
Jul 2018
it seemed like the mystery would be good, and people would... actually... be detectives? but the first two episodes were just utter nonsense and didn't take themselves serious at all, everything about it just felt cheesy but not funny
Jan 9, 2022 10:22 PM
Sep 2021
I think that its confusing storyline gives it so much hate. To be honest ,I started watching it in summer and completed it in december this only shows that the anime lacks good story to catch the intrest of the watcher but when I completed it I felt that it isn't that bad for me its a 4/10 but some eps are really enjoyable
Jan 12, 2022 5:55 AM
Aug 2013
This was the ultimate shitshow of 2021. What other anime has androids, morphing aliens, magic, lizards, werewolves, kaiju, mecha, battle copters, and most importantly, idols?

Production was a wreck. The MC is a rookie voice actor according to MAL, and it was very apparent. He muttered all his lines as though he never wants to work in the industry again. While character models were good, background art was atrocious, and the CG artists put in minimum effort.

The dialogue timing itself was ridiculous. There were numerous relaxing and downtime moments. Then when the action happened, the characters were discussing those moments. With the progression from supernatural to morphing aliens, kaiju, and mecha absurdity, it was impossible to take anything seriously.

And yet... it wasn't boring. It was a crazy thrill. It takes a special amount of insanity for a show like this to work out. The Detective is Already Dead joins other so-bad-it's-good shows like King's Game, Redo of Healer, Arifureta, and Cross Ange. It told a complete story, which is better than most new shows these days. *cough* Wonder Egg Priority *cough* The Detective is Already Dead is terrible. And I had a good time. A few years from now, I'll certainly remember this more than a generic SoL or isekai, or even extremely poor anime like Ex-Arm.

1/10 story and production, but the shitshow made me raise it to 4/10.
Jan 12, 2022 6:02 AM

Jan 2021
It was really bad and pretentious with some cheap waifu bait.
They tried really hard with all those dialogues to look smart but most of them were just useless.

Can't really give a full-fledged opinion because I dropped it half-way around.
Jan 26, 2022 9:10 AM
Jan 2021
BhuvanSiesta said:
meh story, shit characters, avg animation, very incocnsistent, boring
My score went from 8 to 5
Jan 29, 2022 12:44 PM

Mar 2013
I actually wanted to watch this for some time now. Probably a poorly adapted anime since the LN has a whopping 7.90 score lmao but I'd still probably watch it at a later time.
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tantei wa Mou, Shindeiru. Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 11, 2021

239 by Felix_Lorenz »»
Jan 7, 12:38 PM

» Does Siesta’s hairband (scrunchies or whatever) have any meaning?

RudeRedis - Dec 28, 2023

4 by illufox »»
Dec 28, 2023 5:09 PM

Poll: » Siesta is the plot, no cap (poll)

Onii-chanShuki - Sep 19, 2021

13 by ProdigyKing »»
Dec 21, 2023 10:31 PM

Poll: » Tantei wa Mou, Shindeiru. Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 19, 2021

125 by saurabhshivam »»
Dec 9, 2023 10:05 AM

Poll: » Tantei wa Mou, Shindeiru. Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 1, 2021

118 by Sogeki-IT »»
Oct 25, 2023 6:17 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.