Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Nov 16, 2021 9:22 PM

Jan 2020
Boring antagonist.

But I like the chemistry between destiny and takt and I like seeing more from her

Nov 16, 2021 9:33 PM

Sep 2018
LOL, so this antagonists true aim is the cutter cutter "the chosen will live, the other trash will die" type scenario? Had a good laugh there.

It seems Destiny likes Takt playing the piano so much that she went out and found a "similar" instrument, what a Piano Chad Takt is.
Nov 16, 2021 9:55 PM

Jul 2016
This character writing I swear...

Ugh, next episode with this Schindler dude is gonna be such a pain.
Nov 16, 2021 11:24 PM
Jan 2021
a very good episode, it was finally shown that schindler and hell were the masterminds of it all.
next week's episode will start the war, hopefully MAPPA animates it well without any mistakes.
Nov 17, 2021 12:15 AM

Jan 2009
the enemy is a classic social darwinist "the strong shall live and the weak shall die"
Nov 17, 2021 12:49 AM
Jul 2017
Schindler: We don't have enough resources
Also Schindler: I literally told a Musicart to fuck off because we didn't need her the other week
Nov 17, 2021 1:03 AM
Apr 2021
seven episodes in and we finally got some development with Destiny as a person, and how the cast feel about her.
this does not redeem the show, as it's already too late for this foundational development to matter much, but it's a step in the right direction.

As for Destiny's character progression, I find it to be once again completely unearned and abrupt. We were given no previous setup for Destiny caring about other humans outside of her role, and her humour has evolved far beyond what was set up previously to the point where she just feels like a less interesting normal person. All her major development has occurred offscreen and that is an insult to her character. Don't say "I'm more evolved now I can make jokes", show her learning how to make jokes, or have her make a joke for the first time and the characters point it out.

This is ruined once again by the terrible antagonist. So his plan is to reduce the population to reduce consumption rate, despite the fact that I've seen no evidence thus far to justify why reducing the population would fix this issue. So far any town that can raise and sustain crops has thrived, and so it is the D2s themselves that are interfering with production. He is actively working against his stated goals by raising up D2s.
So not only is he my least favourite kind of villain (an unthreatening pathetic manchild) but he is also nonsensical, stupid, and contrived.

As per usual the dialogue itself sucks ass "oh no the bullets aren't working these D2s"
why do they still use bullets? They should know about this by know. As we heard from the start of the episode, the D2s have been in these mountainous areas for quite some time. And if they're using the bullets just to stall them then why are they complaining? An entire can of worms opened up by one shitty line of dialogue - this is why good dialogue matters.
Nov 17, 2021 1:11 AM
Aug 2021
Takt-kun is facing separation anxiety cause he can't be without a piano for long. He WANTS to tap the piano:'(

FINALLY story progression. (it was predictable though). That wussie villain doesn't realise that the towns are actually self-sufficient enough and he goes off his high horse trying to reduce population to reduce consumption. Why did they have to make the villain SO one-dimensional and dumb.

Destiny has started showing some more emotions now which is good to see.
Nov 17, 2021 2:28 AM

Jul 2021
Wow, this episode was great, best episode so far.

Cosette's character is progressing and changing, so are the people around her. Schindler is such an asshole, he pissed me off. I want to see his face beaten up so bad
Nov 17, 2021 2:34 AM

Aug 2020
Terrible new villain, bad episode in general. Not surprising.

「 𝕂𝕖𝕪 𝕥𝕙𝕒𝕥 𝕙𝕚𝕕𝕖𝕤 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕔𝕖𝕤 𝕠𝕗 𝕕𝕒𝕣𝕜𝕟𝕖𝕤𝕤, 𝕤𝕙𝕠𝕨 𝕞𝕖 𝕪𝕠𝕦𝕣 𝕥𝕣𝕦𝕖 𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕞 」

Nov 17, 2021 3:17 AM

Jul 2016
Eziprez said:

Apart from the ending the episode was good.

The blonde dude just seemed far too rushed.
Nov 17, 2021 4:10 AM

Dec 2018
Hah, I knew it the uniform guy (blonde dude) was an antagonist from the 1st episode... His personality is so easy to read, but never knew he is the caused of Cosette death though.
I like that Destiny started to gain more personality, guess Cosette will might back soon..
I guess that Titan and Lenny will help Cosette with Takt fight on next episode...

Nov 17, 2021 4:13 AM

Oct 2016
Destiny's development or I guess you can say regression back to Cosette is definitely my favorite part of the show, but besides that, everything else feels underwhelming. I like how Destiny is more worried about Takt now, instead of just going straight to the D2's without a care in the world like she does before.

Schindler is the one controlling the D2's to no one's surprise, and he's a low budget Thanos to boot. I mean there's nothing wrong with that, the execution just feels eh.
Nov 17, 2021 4:43 AM

Oct 2021
the_joe said:

That was... lazy.

And yeah. The obviously evil guy with a musicart named Hell.... WAS EVIL!? Damn, who could have seen that coming?

the_joe said:

That was... lazy.

And yeah. The obviously evil guy with a musicart named Hell.... WAS EVIL!? Damn, who could have seen that coming?

Wow so u found the flaw in it nice .
It must be very hard to waste your whole life to find some flaw in 2d anime which was for something less than 2sec and saying animator’s lazy who works for hours making it .
Can’t appreciate the show drop it and are u guys solely living for nitpicking just this shows animation from point to point licking everything .
I have seen many obvious evil guys from the start of first ep from many anime . So don’t make a big fuss out of it .
Nov 17, 2021 4:54 AM

Oct 2021
SharkFinz said:
This is a seriously poorly written villain. Genuinely, where does his hatred of Takt come from? He's essentially just minding his own business, and not getting in the way of his plans. Takt wouldn't have even known he was a bad guy without him monologuing about his nefarious plans.

I'm fine with villains who are just evil for the sake of being evil, but this guy is just evil for the sake of being stupid.

Well all villains have their backstory this creepy blonde should also having his backstory. Well we will know soon is it stupid to make him villain or not . From my point till now he is just having a crazy fetish over Grand maestro Sagan and a narcissistic
Nov 17, 2021 6:18 AM

Jul 2013
Lol obvious villain is obvious. Power hungry and egotistical who loves/worships the Grand Maestro. Anyway, Hell's power is cool.

Nice to see Destiny growing and becoming more like a human/Corsette.

All the "Jesus!" lines were amusing.
Nov 17, 2021 6:31 AM
Oct 2019
Oh Jesus, lmao the way that man says it

Chief Commander is the one who cause Cosette death?
Kill that son of a bitch.
Nov 17, 2021 6:31 AM
Aug 2021
wow looks like eps 8 will be more epic
Nov 17, 2021 8:48 AM

Nov 2013
Lame and predictable villain... (will obviously be stopped, but not killed by that gay dude and Titan)

I'm liking Destiny more and more though...
Nov 17, 2021 9:09 AM

Oct 2015
Next episode gonna be cool. Anyway, is it me or does it feel like the main characters have a major death flag over them?

I think one of them will die in the end or maybe both. Who knows...

4/5 good episode.
Let there be light...
Nov 17, 2021 10:32 AM

Jan 2018
Unmei's acting more like a human now with interactions that doesn’t involve D2 or overeating. But her voice is still monotone. I think this development is an improvement but she still has a long way to go.
The guy from episode 1 was the evil mastermind all along. Who would've thought.
Nov 17, 2021 12:01 PM

Nov 2019
Ok this just became too generic even for a mobile game story.
"All truth is meaningless. In the end, 'meaning' comes from the mind of each individual human. Even when there is a single truth, it can mean different things to different individuals. The truth has no meaning in itself!" - Erika Furudo
Nov 17, 2021 12:03 PM

Nov 2014
The animation is getting closer and closer to looking like Magatsu Wahrheit: Zuerst for me.
Nov 17, 2021 12:04 PM

Jun 2021
Alright episode.

One thing that confuses me about the setting is that, is "music" banned/frowned upon in this world? I assumed so, with the secret jazz bar and others, but then the motel just renting Takt a piano harmonica without questioning felt a little odd.

The identity crisis of Cosette vs Unmei was well done and hopefully will continue to be one of the focal points of the show.

The obvious villain being an obvious and generic villain was kind of disappointing, but I guess I can't ask for too much.
Nov 17, 2021 2:07 PM

May 2018
The evil guy I can't remember the name of is back. Lol his killing the 'impoverished' people speech was stupid and reminded me of Bill Gates' about depopulation.
Nov 17, 2021 2:12 PM

Jul 2021
Interesting to see the development of Destiny as a character.
I already expected that Schindler would be a villain, but I never expected that he would have a Musicart with the power to attract D2s.
asdasdsadad
Nov 17, 2021 3:49 PM

Jan 2011
only good thing about this up to this point is seeing destiny's growth and if it's related to her past life..meanwhile Taki hasn't...

this reveal of the villain is the worst kind of didn't expect them not because it was shocking because they had us fool it's that he's so lame you'd think it'd be someone with better motives than i hate the poor only the strong should live also i hate the MC just for whatever reasons
disappointed in hell actually going along with it

though my feelings about this show only having a good showing on the first episode is unchanged
Nov 17, 2021 6:04 PM
Sep 2018
My reaction to this whole episode in a nutshell: <i>Bruh...</i>

I am kind of surprised this of all shows gets away with contrived writing. I am lying, I ain't surprised one bit. It's made by MAPPA and Madhouse so it has to be the best thing of all time. This episode confirmed to me the writing is as bad as Listeners only Listeners was ironically entertaining from the beginning. Takt.op Destiny is going down on my list as the most boring show I've watched this year and now one of the most enervating ones.
Nov 17, 2021 7:13 PM
Oct 2015
Finally, a Pokémon battle
Nov 17, 2021 10:45 PM

Jun 2020
Those eye bags are growing on Takt, Holy based Cosette just snapped his neck I mean I didn't expect that but still better than Anna going insane

Destiny is changing recently she's showing some emotions compared to being stoic before, God damn it Destiny eat before you speak that got me there off guard

You know it's murica if they try to solve everything with guns, And swearing and Jesus, So the action will have to wait here, guessing from her reactions she's going to develop her personality in the future well I would like to hope so.

I remembered this clip from that restaurant scene with Destiny
Nov 18, 2021 5:40 AM

Sep 2013
Atleast the comicaly evil guy is being beaten now instead of being stretched out to the whole season, I hope.
He could survive.
Nov 18, 2021 9:59 AM
Jun 2021
One thing about this episode I thought was interesting and I didn't see anyone really commenting on. I highly doubt the Grand Maestro is letting Takt go from the kindness of his heart. There's something about how Takt and Destiny got their powers he's interested in and I will not be surprised in the least to find out he's the ultimate villain.
Nov 18, 2021 11:02 AM

Nov 2014
I wish there was more episodes focusing on character interactions like this one, instead of the post-apocaliptic/D2 stuff, its way more fun to watch and interesting.

Also uh, about the one-dimesional villian guy, it would be nice if the show bothered to actually show some of this resource shortage hes talking all about as a real problem we can see and relate with, instead of just throwing it as an excuse for his insane behaviour. It feels like a really forced conflict between the two characters.
Nov 18, 2021 12:48 PM

May 2018
So, we noe know who turned Takt's life upside-down, it was Shidler and his bitch Hell,

I wonder if Lenny and titan will arrive in time to save Takt and Destiny?
Nov 18, 2021 1:04 PM
Nov 2020
Blonde guy is probably the lamest antagonist I’ve seen in my life. Extremely predictable with an ideology that makes no sense. The reveal that him and the girl are responsible for all the D2 summons was done so lazy it’s almost like this entire anime is just half a page of writing just stretched out into 7 episodes (so far) I can almost guarantee the guy they met a couple episodes is going to show up for support super conveniently. This entire episode felt rushed- even the Destiny “development” which seems like it was all offscreen because I’m just as confused as Takt when he’s wondering “when tf did she start caring about humans”
TybTeezoNov 18, 2021 1:19 PM
Nov 18, 2021 1:17 PM
Nov 2020
Vindicater said:
Eziprez said:

Apart from the ending the episode was good.

The blonde dude just seemed far too rushed.
Destiny’s “development” is even more rushed😂 We are just confused as the MC to realize we barely seen any on screen development. Wow she told a joke the last episode. When tf did she start helping people or giving signs that she gives a damn about humans. All that she ever does on screen his talk about D2’s and insult Takt. She almost broke his neck in this episode too.
Nov 18, 2021 1:24 PM

May 2018
eplipswich said:
red1130 said:
開閉! (Kaihei!)

That's not actually what he said. What he said is Kaien (開演), which as the translation already states, means "begin performance".

Kaihei also doesn't even mean begin performance. It just means open and close 😅

Oh, that's good to know! I even thought it was Kaie at first hahaha
Nov 18, 2021 6:42 PM

Oct 2008
i wonder how Destiny would get powered-up if Takt went all out rage without concern for his own self!? hmmmm...
4/5.

Nov 19, 2021 12:12 AM

Dec 2015
loved the cute character development but damn the way the anime just keeps getting worse lolll
Nov 19, 2021 12:35 PM

May 2018
DgoSanchezz said:
Finally, a Pokémon battle

I would give you a "like", but we don't have any on this site

[thumbs up]
Nov 19, 2021 1:06 PM

Mar 2014
Lamss said:
I felt nothing special from the chief commander plot twist. The reveal just feels quite generic and lazy.

Suuuper lazy, he just blurted out everything Takt needed to know for no reason whatsoever, hahaha. We needed to provoke the protagonist somehow, might as well make the villain reveal he's behind Cosette's death unprompted, how else would we do it, right? The writers really have no idea what the hell they're doing.
Nov 19, 2021 3:41 PM

Nov 2013
as much as Destiny has been progressing, can they even dream of beating the commander , specially while he has not only Hell, who literally sliced the giant d2 last time, but also an army of d2s to assist him ... while Takt is literally sleep deprived and turning red (and probably didn't eat much either)

wonder if they will actually win, or if Titan or someone else (maybe even Valkyrie or whatever was her name, the girl from the train, will come save them

either way, to me, it seems like too much of an asspull considering what i said before, that they can even think about winning

also... just remembered them talking about Destiny not resisting long enough to get to the place that will help her (was it Los Angeles?), yet now she has no problems with fighting
fav "new" girls from winter <3 (2 extra girls this time, but 36 seasonals so whatever) ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
Nov 19, 2021 3:50 PM

Mar 2011
At this point I have become so detached that I don't even care that we've got some actual development.

The antagonist is just so terrible. Such a played out concept as many others have said, and he's a fucking loser. If he ever had a drink he'd immediately go on a rant about hating the poor and weird out everyone in the room.

People like him who have a hatred for the poor and impoverished obviously exist, but he's so terrible at hiding his true self that I can't imagine anyone would ever have trusted him enough to let him get to his position. He's written like an edgelord teenager would imagine themselves.

Imagining any of these characters in real life (with the exception of Anna) I would regard them as being awful and intolerable.

Well, in any case, this show is a bit shit isn't it? It's worn out any warmth that I had for it based on the art direction and music at the beginning.
Nov 19, 2021 4:14 PM

Apr 2015
I can't wait next week for a long-awaited fights how they will beat the dangerous HELL because the only way to win is by getting a new power with the new song that will be difficult because it is not finished yet or they will be able to escape with Lenny's beast and Titan

Nov 20, 2021 6:34 AM
Jan 2010
asahina takutooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
it's like a scene where two rivals meet for one final battle at the climax of the story. except this guy is some random tard introduced in the previous episode and his servant is subtly named hell
Nov 20, 2021 8:53 PM

Jan 2020
I really thought Destiny was going to give Takt a hug lol. Little did I know she was trying to knock him out. This is by far the most interesting episode of the show. I was starting to get annoyed with how slow things were moving, but we get quite the development in this episode. Looking at how they only have a few episodes left, I think they'll have to pick up the pace to wrap the story up.
I sometimes forget to finish my sentences.
Nov 21, 2021 6:01 AM

May 2015
To sums up this episode: JESUS!
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Nov 21, 2021 9:15 AM
Jan 2020
That cliffhanger tho
Nov 21, 2021 12:00 PM

Mar 2018
If that idiot can summon D2s and make them stand there doing nothing then it shouldn't be that hard to wipe them all out. Instead he's targeting the human race.
Nov 21, 2021 11:20 PM

Jul 2019
Jeeeezus.

Now I will always twirl my interlocutor's neck before a heart-to-heart conversation, I think this is a great pedagogical technique. In other news — Takt has a creative crisis and got under the evil eye of a powerful enemy (as expected). Yes, these composers are so vulnerable... I can assume that according to the clichéd canons, the symphony written by Takt will put an end to the rule of enemies on Earth.

Cosette has become so independent, you are already amazed, here it is, the positive effect of glucose on the growing body. Anna, as always, is inimitable in the role of the mistress of the hearth (she also is a specialist in in rich facial expressions in this anime). Poor Tact now knows the full power of half-hints. Destiny asks the right questions but they are too intimate (cuts like a knife), but the most importatnt thing is the group still intact.

Wow, how unexpected is Commander Schindler controlling electric rams with an artifact and a psycho nich Hell (rhethorical question)? Wait, I should've guessed it by myself that happy future world is not for everyone and therefore it is so bitter that we will see such a future with our own eyes. Let's go Takt and Destiny you gotta kick this God wannabe's ass, even if it doesn't change anything about the position of the renegades on the other side of the screen.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» I guess this is it huh ?

Neo_Randomz - Apr 9

19 by Vaibhavwth »»
Yesterday, 11:22 PM

Poll: » Takt Op. Destiny Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 21, 2021

282 by TeaBagCha »»
Apr 8, 8:32 AM

Poll: » Takt Op. Destiny Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 26, 2021

115 by IamRaeon »»
Mar 3, 2:51 AM

Poll: » Takt Op. Destiny Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 14, 2021

127 by Muow »»
Feb 19, 6:45 AM

Poll: » Takt Op. Destiny Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 7, 2021

116 by Muow »»
Feb 19, 4:42 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.