Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fullmetal Alchemist
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]
Dec 27, 2014 4:28 PM

Dec 2013
That ending was so Badass, with alphonse wallking with that theme. Despicte the other opening beeing better to me, this one was pretty good too.
Dec 30, 2014 7:26 PM
May 2012
New opening and ending song~
Holy shit, Al used the Philosopher's stone :O
Shit is about to go down, really!!
Well, time for me to eat breakfast~
Jan 2, 2015 10:03 PM

Aug 2014
Rule #202 of FMA: Don't piss off Alphonse.
Mar 7, 2015 5:53 AM
Mar 2014
Those May moves where solid.

Aand Envy is back.
Jul 26, 2015 7:55 PM

Jun 2015
Didn't like the opening last one was better
Jul 29, 2015 8:48 PM

Oct 2014
Pride AND Envy are back? Yikes. Gonna be lots of battling in these episodes. Very good one overall though, I loved seeing Al come out of the dust cloud at the end. Those mannequins are so creepy. I like the new OP and ED, though my favorites are still Hologram and Let It All Out.

Can't wait to see Al take on Pride/Kimblee, Ed and co take on the mannequins, and Armstrong and Olivier take on Sloth!
Oct 12, 2015 5:37 PM

Jul 2009
I love the new OP, and that Ed x Win moment in the end is so cute!
Those mannequins soldiers are creepy.
And Envy got his body back, poor May.
Kimblee saved Pride, hell...
Sloth vs. Mira! OMG, so awesome! Alex showed up to help hahaha, I love this family!
Oct 16, 2015 1:38 AM

Jan 2015
This episode had some of the stupidest moments I've seen in a while. It was perfectly alright for Al not to recognize the morse code. How could he have? How could Kimblee hear it miles away for that matter?

But bringing Envy into battle in a glass jar instead of just stowing him somewhere or fleeing as planned: what the fuck were you thinking? That is the dumbest move I've seen in a long time. Okay, maybe they'll turn it around so that it helps them somehow, but really: stupid.

Then Al hacks off part of his legs and that was incredibly stupid as well although it worked for a second. He just got lucky that they had a stone.
Dec 18, 2015 8:08 AM
Nov 2014
More and more battles.
Jan 10, 2016 6:56 AM

Nov 2011
Episode that, despite everything, can entertain well, although certain situations were quite obvious in their evolution, not bad to enter the field of Armstrong, he always fun. Too bad the quality of the drawings is a bit lowered, one thing I was amazed by this episode are the new opening and ending, I did not expect.
Oct 2, 2016 4:56 PM

May 2014
I'm probably in the minority since I prefer the new OP and ED to the last ones...sure I admit that the OP doesn't really catch the action packed, climatic final "arc" music and animation wise...but there's more to FMAB than that anyway and what it does do is catch the emotion and underlying themes of the series perfectly. So I adore it!

I actually cried whilst watching the ED because of poor Hohenheim...the lyrics fit his journey so well, because the story really is about him just as much as it is about his sons. :/

Also a wonderful episode and I cannot believe Al got a Philosopher's stone at the end there!!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 8, 2017 4:10 PM

Jan 2016
Nice to see that General Mustache's time to shine has come
And with his badass sister too!
Feb 28, 2017 1:26 PM
Jan 2012
Rain is by far the best opening in Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood. Such a sentimental piece.

Anyways, you go Alphonse!
Apr 15, 2017 5:37 AM

May 2016
This anime op and ed are all amazing, great episode loved the ending but I thought he can use it to get his original body back.
Jun 26, 2017 11:25 AM

Jan 2013
Welcome back Envy.
Alphonse is about to go badass mode ... wonder if he'll actually have enough power to beat both of them though.
Dec 29, 2017 5:33 PM
Jun 2015
Epic ep. Alphonse is a total boss! Not to mention Mustang being a total rebel. Loving this plot development. Although, slightly disturbed by the immortal mannequins...
Mar 15, 2018 11:56 AM

Dec 2009
I loved the new OP, but I'm shipping trash so anything Edward x Winry is a plus.

Alphonse was looking so boss at the ending shot. He is about to fuck up Pride and Kimball? So awesome.
Nov 21, 2018 9:35 AM

Aug 2018
most of you probably won't agree with me but............boring as always:(
Gnyo ho!
Jan 20, 2019 8:47 PM

Jun 2015
i love how selfless they are, of course
most would say they should be more brutal and let people die when they're given the okay but i love the passion and spirit they got to let everyone get through it
Feb 17, 2019 3:59 PM

Oct 2013
New OP and ED are average, I liked the previous ones way more to be honest.

Mannequin Soldiers seem to attack everything that is alive or breathing, lol.

Damn, so Envy is back and he seems more powerful than ever. Unlike many people, I don't like him and he's definitely not my favorite homonculus.

About homunculuses, I was right - Pride was not fooling around, but used a code to bring on some help.

Olivier against Sloth, well that's gonna be epic. :D
AdnashFeb 17, 2019 4:10 PM
Apr 2, 2019 3:54 AM

Dec 2007
OP:
-Really demonstrate the last battle and eps of this anime.
-Contains spoilers of who's understanding those are spoilers+really short spoilers, every time I'm watching it I'm laughing that most of the op isn't really a spoiler but the spoilers are short, + a really bold spoiler that about less than a second and stuff, really make me laugh XD.
-Overall nice op.

ED:
-Nice music and although that animation unlike the previous one is less moving, like the op it's really fitting the mood of the arc, or what I called it "ending music".

EP:
-When Ed said "before the huge boss there's those" I just laughed saying "the finall stage before the boss" XD
-The battle between Olivier-Sloth and the appearance of Armstrong really represents this shounen anime unlike other shounen DBZ and stuff that in the last minutes the chara is like "power up" and usually shounen things, in FMA when the limit of the fighting style of the chara is actually reached to it's limited he's actually be replaced to another one to be tasted if he can fight him with his fighting style or not and not just "just kidding I have more than what u think I have" powerups things.
- I don't really believe that just now Al thinks about "what the lives in the stone want to" how he didn't come to this until now?
-Ed thinking about those zombies they are souls.. pathetic how much naive they can be? and I actually was surprised that even Scar with his destroying alchemy didn't just killed those zombies right away, I mean, how much can be living that things?
-Overall good and great ep.
Apr 6, 2019 8:59 PM

May 2016
Those Philosopher's Zombies are becoming a pain in the ass for both sides but it's good that the characters that actually matter are able to fight them back. The fact that they're fueled by Philosopher's Stones means that they're prime fuel for a certain Homunculus and with that, Envy's back.

Kimblee picked up Pride's covert message and broke him out of there. They were cornered but it's great thay Heingel hanged onto the stone so Alphonse can use it.

Sep 18, 2019 12:35 PM
Aug 2019
New OP Rain, still not as good as the previous one

The action here is everywhere.
Ed's group is fighting the mannequin soldiers, Envy returns, Olivier and Alex are fighting Sloth and Al is going against Pride and Kimblee
Nov 9, 2019 3:51 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
I don't really like new OP and ED songs to be honest, anyway this episode was outstanding, so much awesome fights
Apr 6, 2020 5:19 PM

Feb 2020
such a tense episode! loved it!

NEW INTRO AND OUTRO ALERT i really liked the previous intro but this is a nice change of pace and really shows the breadth of characters

THE HUMANOIDS REALLY JUST UP AND ATE THOSE DUDES THAT'S TERRIFYING nobody will be able to control them, they are just vessels for the pained and starving souls that were trapped in the stones (my theory at least) and now they are after ed and the Squad dear oh dear
(also is it just me or did ed's animation change? his face looked different to me when they fought the humanoids)

ENVY IS BAAAAACK! oh may what have you dragged yourself into! but her fighting the humanoids was cool, she has moves

olivier the resident badass what a legend, wish her fight scene vs sloth was longer but now it is an armstrong teamup against sloth

the scene with al and heinkel was so touching, i really liked it. al you are such an innocent little child and i love you for it, but this moment right here was some huge growth! can't wait to see him kick major butt
Apr 26, 2020 6:37 PM

Nov 2017
New OP and ED are awesome!

The immortal legion has been set loose, and things look like something out of a Resident Evil game! It seems like their only attack is biting, but goodness these dummies bite down hard. Ed and the gang take them on to get to Father. If Scar can't kill them with deconstruction... things look pretty grim. Hopefully they don't go to the outside world that'd be terrible!

Speaking of the immortal dummies, that whole Envy consumption was eerily eye-catching. Envy's my favourite homunculus so it's nice to see them back in their preferred form.

Golly, Olivier is as fine as she is bad ass and competent. She's on Sloth's hit list, but she's obviously not going to go down so easily. Just when things look bad, her brother Alex shows up! Mayne, I'm always laughing and smiling when he's on screen, 4 real.

So Pride wasn't just playing with Al's head. He was sending a signal out. And Kimblee shows up in response. Damn, Heinkel gets caught in the blast and is beaten up badly. Mayne, I really love Al (and Ed)'s selflessness. Even when he's in a shitty situation, he still thinks and puts others before himself. That type of stuff always gets to me. It's what makes those two (and other anime and fictional characters) so damn awesome.

Huh, I porgot Heinkel had a philosopher's stone and after some talk, Al takes it! He's ready to rumble now! Kick their asses, Al!
May 11, 2020 7:11 PM
Apr 2018
Uhm, didn't like any of the songs. Just when I think they are getting better (op 3) they just step down to square one.

Mixed feelins: as if Envy hadn't been annoying enough, it is back, everything according to its plans. The girl is a kid so I guess it fits that she could be manipulated. Same with Alphonse and cutting his legs off, ugh... idk. Armstrong bro is back; he's cool.
Nov 13, 2020 6:04 AM

Jul 2017
The new OP was really great. 2nd favorite opening of the series for me, fits the atmosphere of war, destruction, loss and bloodshed really nicely. ED was nice to listen to as well, and contrasted the tone of the OP nicely. Showing both dark cloudy rainfall with sorrow for the OP, and a 'Ray of Light' and hope for the ED.

The episode itself was again, slow but really nicely done. Envy's back to the Envy human form after consuming a ton of mannequin humans due to a botch from Mei. Alphonse sacrificed his armor legs to get away from Pride (who got out due to the morse code signals he gave out by hitting Al's helmet constantly) and Kimblee. He also then consumed the stone that Heinkel had stored in his pocket to fix the legs and fight, along with the many souls in that stone who want to fight too and not be consumed/transformed in vain. Olivier and Alex fight together too against Sloth. Tons of things happening everywhere in this chaotic battlefield, the build towards this war really helped this battle turn out great so far.
Jan 12, 2021 5:35 AM

Aug 2017
Best OP of the show. I wonder why Alphonse didn't go crazy with someone doing noise for several hours straight. I can understand him not to recognize the Morse Code but c'mon. Also, how convenient...Heinkel recognizes the Morse code just in that moment -why wasn't it earlier?- and then Kimblee attacks. Disappointed with the whole May/Envy stuff, it was so obvious Envy was going to fuse with those creatures when Ed flasback showed up before, that whole situation is stupid to begin.

NurguburuJan 12, 2021 5:39 AM
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Dec 10, 2021 1:59 PM
Nov 2020
That ending with Al was so badass and it not only hyped me up, but it was so emotional as well.
Mar 13, 2022 3:22 PM

Feb 2021
starts off with a cliche zombie doctor scene. Where the hell do these homunculi even come from? Who made them? Why are they just showing up now? Another subplot equally as retarded as Fullmetal Archer's raid from 2003 just to stir up more chaos in the military for more one sided fight scenes. Al's fine with using up people after getting slammed on the head for three hours, ig that's all it took to get him to change when Kimblee gets dragged back into the story
CrackMar 13, 2022 3:27 PM
Jun 6, 2022 4:24 PM
Apr 2022
It's getting more action and sometimes scary
Nov 12, 2022 2:22 AM

Jul 2021
what's wrong with the studio? why would they make the OP visuals like that? morons.

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Mar 2, 2023 6:43 PM
Oct 2020
alphonse is so badass man
Jun 14, 2023 1:34 AM

Apr 2023
I still like the 1st intro best tbh-
Sep 13, 2023 6:41 PM

Oct 2020
May Chang may have inadvertently caused Envy's revival, but that scene with her fending off the mannequin dummies was smooth
In fact, this entire episode seemed extra polished in terms of art and animation -- Edward especially looked more.. anime
Nov 25, 2023 1:28 AM
Nov 2023
animation was trash
Apr 7, 1:09 AM

Jan 2021
Owwww, new opening and Ed and Winry at the end~ :3

I was seriously shocked by the scene in the first minutes. But whoa, this episode. Ed and the others fighting the artificial soldiers. Envy returns to his human form! Olivier vs Sloth. And the most surprising thing was Al finally using the Philosopher's Stone... yet to be seen is Hohenheim... I'm excited and scared at the same time

Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

samatar45 - Oct 2, 2009

286 by Fortvne »»
Apr 22, 4:31 PM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 27 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ahenshihael - Oct 11, 2009

296 by Fortvne »»
Apr 22, 4:31 PM

» What’s bad about this anime ( 1 2 3 )

sangonomiya_k - Nov 18, 2023

132 by Chewbaccaccino »»
Apr 21, 8:53 PM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

adamantine - Aug 16, 2009

215 by JoeyBadaSS »»
Apr 20, 10:29 PM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 64 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ahenshihael - Jul 4, 2010

965 by _dziku »»
Apr 19, 2:40 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.