Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Nov 13, 2021 11:28 AM

Jun 2017
dabdabgoose said:
okay episode, really starting to question why it's an Isekai though, apart from that one reference he said about saying sorry I don't think it adds anything to this story by being one.

The fight scenes are very underwhelming but the world building is interesting so I'm still keen to see more.

At this point it's just a fantasy anime and the only thing that validates the isekai tag is Will saying he has memories of another life.
Nov 13, 2021 12:04 PM

Sep 2015
I don't see Will carrying any bags, yet he has a tent and uhh... a pan out of nowhere?
August 6th 2023: Biggest upset ever, deception, selfishness, or scammed, manipulated. Heavy damage costs, and more. Days since: 15 Last updated: 8/21/2023

One Piece Episode 1041 & 1042 & 1047 & 1048 & 95.75%/1049 & 1053 were a mistake and Uta brought the salvation -AhriTheS3xyFox

Nov 13, 2021 12:05 PM
Jan 2021
I’m just happy we’re finally moving on and meeting new characters
Nov 13, 2021 12:35 PM

Apr 2010
AhriTheS3xyFox said:
I don't see Will carrying any bags, yet he has a tent and uhh... a pan out of nowhere?

He creates them via magic probably.
Nov 13, 2021 1:24 PM

Jun 2014
We finally get to see Will's adventures beyond the ruins, and he now has his first ally in Meneldor. Lol the way he channeled Gus to solve that situation using money was pretty funny. It's nice to see Will using the things he learned from his undead family to help him get by.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Nov 13, 2021 2:17 PM

Apr 2020
dabdabgoose said:
okay episode, really starting to question why it's an Isekai though, apart from that one reference he said about saying sorry I don't think it adds anything to this story by being one.

The fight scenes are very underwhelming but the world building is interesting so I'm still keen to see more.

In my opinion, the experiences that Will remembers from his past life is what quietly drives him to the direction he is heading now and it is what influenced him to make those decisions in the first place.
ow + nw = 90-2000s

Nov 13, 2021 2:31 PM
Aug 2013
The start-up wasnt very fast, but I like where this series is heading. Wonder what kind of break point episode 12 will be, but no way that it is done by then.
Nov 13, 2021 2:45 PM
Mar 2021
glad Will's finally off on his adventure. I do feel like the studio isn't really up to the task of doing this justice, so it's really coasting off the source material being good. but the source material judging by this is probably pretty good!

The elf guy is really pretty, it was really hard to tell gender from the OP lol. ah well, still hot. I am looking respectfully at his beautiful archer arms.
Nov 13, 2021 3:03 PM
Mar 2021
This week, money can solve everything lmao. Also the Elf is actually "He", damn i waited for long time just to get trolled by author.

This is Isekai i must watch, this is not a perfect adaptation by seeing the animation and budget, but this is better than any Isekai this season. Good Charracter, World Building, no Harem and more religious. I'm looking forward for next week.
Nov 13, 2021 3:09 PM

May 2010
Deane said:
I thought the first 5 episodes were really weak, and I only kept on watching because of the light novel's score, but this one was great. I'm very excited for more episodes now!
My thoughts exactly.

Also, I think the main char will realize that his undead parents had more "humanity" than any humans he will encounter and find out that they mire be more evil than demons.
Nov 13, 2021 4:01 PM

Sep 2018
There were literally logical gaps everywhere in this story guys, im amazed at how many people "loved it."

Like Will encounters fairy magic which he says he has no experience against and no idea how to deal with, and then he proceeds to overcome it immediately by saying "He doesnt realize that if your muscles are built up enough, you can solve almost any problem by force." Like if that isnt the dumbest headcanon out to defending against an unknown attack then I dont know what is.

Also Meneldor has clearly helped out the villagers in that one village many times, so much so that the chief even mentions it. So how does it make any sense that when Meneldor's village is attacked that it makes ANY sense to conclude to raid the other village instead of asking them for help?!?! Like it doesnt make any sense at all, especially since he's helped them in the past and has leverage due to his hunting abilities.

So far this series has been average at best.
Blanks.
Nov 13, 2021 4:04 PM

Mar 2016
Is no one going to talk about how utterly dumb the logic in this episode was?

So Meneldor’s village was destroyed, and instead of, you know, maybe talking to the neighboring village with which he previously shared friendly relations with and seeking help from it, he and his party decide to attack it instead? Not only that, but everything is just water under the bridge because Will paid some money for them, even though they had committed a crime serious enough to warrant being hanged.

Smh…easily the worst-written episode yet.

Edit: lol, I guess Ballistic beat me to it. At least it looks like someone was actually thinking while watching the episode.
Judgment526Nov 13, 2021 4:09 PM
Nov 13, 2021 4:24 PM
Jul 2021
Ugh, that Elf was a douche at first lol. I'm surprised he went for him after he was cold as hell to him, but holy crap I was not expecting that. Not that he was the "bad" guy(but considering what he was doing he was definitely in that situation) and then for him to stop them all and save them from being hung, very cool. Really liked this episode and it has me more excited for the rest of the season.

I still am pretty bummed about what happened to his family, but I love new party members and I bet he'll help him get even stronger. I wonder who'll join up next, and is there going to be a girl party member I wonder. I've been pretty up and down with this show, the first episode I really liked and then it was back and forth for me after that but this sets up a good back half of the season.

I never read the books so I don't know but I assume part of my feelings on the first part were because the first parts were like the prologue and maybe not even in the books right?(or maybe just a couple paragraphs that they stretched out since I think I read someone say last week was the actual beginning of the story or something.)
Nov 13, 2021 4:27 PM

Nov 2017
Vandesdelca said:
AhriTheS3xyFox said:

He creates them via magic probably.

Nah,Gus gave him an infinite bag,but it was so full of Gus's infinite money and treasure,poor Will has to buy half elves so he can put his belongings in it :)
Nov 13, 2021 4:32 PM

Nov 2017
DKDiabloLicht said:
I never read the books so I don't know but I assume part of my feelings on the first part were because the first parts were like the prologue and maybe not even in the books right?(or maybe just a couple paragraphs that they stretched out since I think I read someone say last week was the actual beginning of the story or something.)
and you'd be wrong,the first arc is basically about him growing up and learning from Blood,Mary and Gus about the gods and magic and the world in general,this now is where Wills story of his path as a Paladin begins and his adventures and other stuff.
The first arc is quite long and goes into a lot more detail than the anime,but,tbh the adaptions done a pretty good job in keeping most of the pertinent details in play,so to speak
Nov 13, 2021 4:44 PM
Jul 2018
Will got a companion on this journey that is a great help for him, the plot of Meneldor was well placed in the Villain causing him to be almost killed but was saved by Will.
removed-userNov 13, 2021 4:48 PM
Nov 13, 2021 5:03 PM

Dec 2020
WE MEET NEW CHARACTERS..!!! and they're not either dead or demons !!!!CHEERS!

really fun episode, we have a new friend now, pretty elf guy mentel. supposedly strong too but i wish we could've seen more of that since he got shotdown by will in every single way lol. wonder why he's a lone wondering elf tho
Nov 13, 2021 5:51 PM

Oct 2008
at least i'm diggin' this compared to the meh scarlet nexucks!
3/5

Nov 13, 2021 5:55 PM

Jun 2019
Pretty solid episode. Will and the elf look like they will be a fun duo.
Nov 13, 2021 6:15 PM

Aug 2020
For Will's first journey he met an elf and helped an entire village. He decided to hire the elf and kill the demons in the next neighbouring village. That was a proper journey for starters. It is enjoyable.

» [The World's Continuation【世界のつづき】- UTA/Ado ♪] «
0:00 〇────── 4:55
↺ |◁ II ▷| ♡

Come and Join us!
Evil Club ψ
FuwaFuwa Sanctuary ✿
✿ DeaD Blossoms ✿
Nov 13, 2021 7:24 PM
Apr 2014
I guess we are suppose to believe that Menel is reckless that he doesn't even consider asking the neighbouring village for help first? Meh.
VizNov 13, 2021 7:27 PM
Nov 13, 2021 7:44 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Definitely the world building episode, and an introduction of a new character. Well, even if Menel wasn't really faithful to the god of fairies, at least he got some good use of those power under his hands using those fairies. But, looks like there's something big rather than just that short meet.

Ah, first world problem occured to the faraway paladin. He got some divine revelation, and all the teaching from his parents really worth a shot at those difficult situations. Yeah, Money always solved everything, which made Gus must be proud of Will xd. Its also become a case when he got the new friend. Well, currently he's not that friend first, because he's being paid as a partner for the job to slay some random demon. Yet, at the end, this is a decent beginning to start out the big journey awaits our paladin outside the city of the dead, for me, at least....
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Nov 13, 2021 7:56 PM

Sep 2018
Probably the worst episode yet, the whole village situation was just pretty untidy and "meh" to watch.

Nov 13, 2021 9:00 PM

May 2021
Not that bad build up episode, I liked how it draws from the leassons of the past to make sense of his present behavior. It is pretty clear that this anime lacks intensity though, it doesn't feel like there is something to watch for because everything is at the same level. Some feelings benefit from this, like the melancholic or more blue toned ones, but the ones that are more in the lines of anger or desperation are barely expressed

Nov 13, 2021 9:29 PM

Jan 2011
this is just a fantasy anime to me hardly anything else really makes any sense to bother calling it other wise

it was okay do enjoy watching him leveling up from titles of warrior priest to i assume something along the lines of a saint by the end lol bless up

though hes kinda overpowered for this kind of basic shit
Nov 13, 2021 10:34 PM
Oct 2021
Pretty boys everywhere
Nov 13, 2021 10:41 PM

Aug 2010
This episode feels kinda rushed, and had too much narration. I do like seeing Paladin Will on action and even referring back to all the lessons he got from his undead family.
Nov 14, 2021 12:29 AM

Oct 2016
Pretty good episode! Out of all the things Will learned, the most useful is definitely money lmao, based Grandpa Gus. I really like how Will is really living the things he learned from his undead parents. Also, who needs fairy counter strategies when you have muscles.

All this time in the OP I though Menel was a girl, and of course Ayumu Murase is voicing him. I like him though, he's pretty cool. Well, I mean Will is also a girlish looking boy, so I guess Menel fits the party just fine lmao. Looking forward to the next episode, hoping to see Will one shot some demons.
Nov 14, 2021 6:51 AM

Jan 2018
Finally something new is happening! I like this adventurous direction to this story. No clear endgoal for William G. Maryblood for now but that's to be expected.

No animation error in this episode. At least nothing I could spot. Looks good and hopefully the quality will keep improving consistently.
Nov 14, 2021 11:19 AM

Jul 2014
I'm very much continuing to like Will's characterisation as he steps out into the world and moves forward. He's got strong moral convictions, but he's also astute enough to caredully approach interactions with new characters like Meneldor and maneuvre the situation towards the outcome he desires.

And Meneldor is an interesting new addition to the cast, a hunter fallen on hard times and forced by those circumstances into a situation where he's working for Will as a mercenary (though I imagine that relationship will equalise somewhat once they've handled the demons in his village).
Nov 14, 2021 10:45 PM

Jun 2021
The new arc has starting out alright! Excited to see where this journey will go.
I'm gonna sit down here and watch them do it
Nov 15, 2021 1:40 AM
Mar 2012
lol mc literally pub stomped those raiders. Hm looting is bad, but trying to murder a village is another level. weird they dont get punishment at all, at least carry the debt to repay Will.
Hmm a devoted cultist & a half elf...
Nov 15, 2021 9:24 AM
Nov 2016
Great, the Elven dude looks feminine too. What's wrong with this show ? MC and Elven dude weren't like that in the manga. I don't see why they did this for the anime ?!
Nov 15, 2021 9:34 AM

Jun 2016
it would be nice if that gender elf is a female !!!
Nov 16, 2021 6:40 AM
Mar 2020
Best boy Menel makes his appearance.
Nov 16, 2021 7:07 AM

Jul 2021
Meneldor will likely be a character of great relevance to the anime and will likely be of great importance to Will's development as a character. I hope that the next episode is already more focused on the goal of Will.
asdasdsadad
Nov 16, 2021 10:37 AM
Mar 2015
On the road with Will and Grace
Nov 18, 2021 8:37 AM

Apr 2015
OK world building but the lackluster MC drags it down.
Nov 20, 2021 10:19 AM

Mar 2013
Just the simple fact that the first ally Will meets is a male comrade-at-arms, and not a female, already won me over.

Finally a non-harem isekai. FINALLY.
Nov 21, 2021 11:56 AM

Mar 2010
I'm very pleased at the direction this is going. And i don't think showing off all dat money was a good idea lolz.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Nov 21, 2021 12:59 PM

Apr 2015
In an excellent episode, I really like that Meneldor was not the typical serious character, the future group dynamics, adding the two missing characters, will be well valued

Nov 26, 2021 8:31 PM

Apr 2018
Damn i didnt think Will will save Melendor's life like that.
Nov 29, 2021 11:50 AM

Oct 2019
That was a surprising development. Was it wise for Will to spend all or most of his money (or rather Gus' money; they're supposed to be an interest-free loan) to save the lives of these villagers and the elf? The villagers are probably largely irrelevant, but time will tell in regards to the elf I guess.
Dec 22, 2021 4:13 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
That elf guy is sure interesting, the demons attacked his village so not surprised they had to attack another one to survive, but great that William saved the situation thanks to money, now they're on their way to attack the demons, interesting
Jan 2, 2022 7:27 PM

Dec 2013
We finally meet people from outside of the ruins! Half elf guy seems like an ok character so far.

Will really is a soft guy for helping those raiders. Even if they do have their own difficult circumstances.
May 1, 2022 4:42 AM

Sep 2012
Meneldor says: my my ur quite strong aren't u
with a grin that says i am Fed lol

Musika said:
Just the simple fact that the first ally Will meets is a male comrade-at-arms, and not a female, already won me over.

i would have preferred they changed him in to trap, looks male but really female XD
traps add comedy
Sugram22May 25, 2022 7:10 AM
Jul 27, 2022 5:03 AM

Jun 2021
Blood and Mary would be really proud of Will right now. Gus too, for how he managed to handle that situation with the elf and those villagers.

It’s kind of cool to gauge Will’s power compared to the outside world. Looks like he’s pretty OP thanks to all the training.
May 2, 2023 10:40 PM
Apr 2023
I liked Elf-boy.

Happy that the plot/vibe still seems to be going strong after leacing the undead-trio and the ruins behind.
Nov 25, 2023 2:17 AM
Dec 2022
First interaction and Will did well. The anime sticks to the story instead of going for fan service. Good points.
Dec 23, 2023 2:24 AM

Dec 2020
I was expecting something bad like after vowing to give them protection they would just do whatever they wanted.

I do like how interactions with the gods have immediate and physical responses
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Saihate no Paladin Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Illyricus - Sep 27, 2021

119 by MrMjoez1 »»
Mar 19, 8:10 AM

Poll: » Saihate no Paladin Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 3, 2022

86 by Archean-Return »»
Mar 13, 6:18 AM

Poll: » Saihate no Paladin Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 25, 2021

59 by Archean-Return »»
Mar 13, 5:04 AM

Poll: » Saihate no Paladin Episode 10 Discussion

Pre_Yum - Dec 18, 2021

46 by Archean-Return »»
Mar 13, 4:06 AM

Poll: » Saihate no Paladin Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 11, 2021

52 by Archean-Return »»
Mar 13, 3:08 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.