Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Nov 14, 2021 10:32 AM

Apr 2015
zero censorship with violence I like the fight with the new girl it showed a point for the study and the fights are escalating in level I am worried that the madness will take place before fulfilling its objective
Nov 14, 2021 1:38 PM
Nov 2021
Es una lástima que una historia tan buena tenga una animación tan pobre :(
Nov 14, 2021 4:27 PM

Feb 2008
Can I just say their plans are terrible. These people keep walking into obvious traps. Even if you didn't get it at first, after the stadium incidence it should be obvious Metropoliman isn't stupid. He isn't just going to show up to take another candidate out, right in the open without any sort of plan that ensures his own safety. Even if you couldn't predict the bomb, it should have also been pretty predictable that he sees anyone and everyone as expendable. So him killing you in a way that would also get her killed should have been in consideration, to begin with.

Also, is this just me? But, my first instinct would be to look into those who are depressed and/or at risk of suicide within the area to lead to clues as to who Metropoliman could be, which I am surprised he himself has yet to do. It's the one peice of information that is known by all candidates that they have in common. And really surprised no one has taken advantage of such information. I would even likely look into therapists and psychologists to see if any of their clients stopped going around the same time the candidates were chosen. Also, is it possible to see who has been shot by a red arrow? I know they visually show the red arrow sort of sticking out, but is that also visible to angels and other candidates or is that just for the audience? If it's visible, it probably make sense to keep and eye out for such cases. And if you find someone with a red arrow, have your angel follow them around even if it's just to pinpoint a general area the candidate might be in or travel through. If your angel can only be a certain distance from you, then find out what that distance is and go with them but stay within the distance making sure not to be consistent, and preferably travel in a crowd.

The reason you wouldn't want to be consistent is because if you are always traveling while being the furthest away from your angel, and someone figured that out, they would likely think it wouldn't just be a coincidence and then suspect you. You have to travel in a manner that is sometimes close to the angel and sometimes far to make it seem like there is no connection. Course, this all doesn't matter if the angel doesn't need to be near you.

Anyway, I am also not a big fan of the MCs weird morality considering he is pretty much saying he rather not kill a murderer even if it means it ends up causing someone else's death or many innocent people to die. Like, I understand the idea of being a pacifist, but there is a point where such a thing doesn't make any sense, and that is when your pacifism leads to more innocent deaths when you had the opportunity to prevent it.
I am become bunny, fluffing of worlds.
Nov 15, 2021 11:38 AM
Nov 2020
We got to see who the psycho girl is that has been killing those girls. Mukaidou and the rest of the group discuss about how to take down Metropoliman. However, Mirai is having problems with the idea of killing Metropoliman.
Nov 15, 2021 6:20 PM

May 2019
Moral of the episode:

In the Trolley Problem, the suicidal just would choose...

...to kill himself. Obviously.
Nov 15, 2021 10:39 PM
Sep 2020
Honestly this episode was enjoyable and unexpected cliffhanger
Nov 16, 2021 8:11 AM
Feb 2021
I seriously hate the MC's personality.
Nov 16, 2021 10:30 AM

Apr 2015
MC being Shinji lol. I can sympathize, but that doesn't mean it's fun to watch.

I liked the murderous girl character somewhat, albeit superficially.
Nov 16, 2021 10:58 AM

May 2019
Btw, the MC's girlfriend is the useless creature ever. Her VA is earning the easiest money.

Waiting for her backstory, but i guess we are going to see some "backstabing" from her first. I've watch enough anime to know...

Unless they raise some obvious death-flag.
Nov 16, 2021 5:10 PM

May 2020
Rob7 said:
Btw, the MC's girlfriend is the useless creature ever. Her VA is earning the easiest money.

Waiting for her backstory, but i guess we are going to see some "backstabing" from her first. I've watch enough anime to know...

im pretty sure saki is not mirai's gf
Nov 16, 2021 5:30 PM

May 2019
Natsude_tanaka said:
Rob7 said:

So? "Love interest" whatever, still useless, except for being subject of a Trolley Problem for Mirai made by Halo-Master-Chief-with-cancer-san lol
Nov 16, 2021 6:02 PM

May 2020
Rob7 said:
Natsude_tanaka said:

So? "Love interest" whatever, still useless, except for being subject of a Trolley Problem for Mirai made by Halo-Master-Chief-with-cancer-san lol

she's just a wall, a true soulless character
Nov 16, 2021 10:42 PM

Dec 2016
I seriously don't like this MC.

“I'd rather be bullied than bully someone” “I'd rather be killed than kill someone” those lines triggered me, I really had to scream “What the heck is his problem!!”
looks like the word called self-defense doesn't exist in his dictionary...that's such a bad parenting.

Even how he imagined the scenario that Mukaidou mentioned was so ridiculous.

If I was in Mukaidou's place I'd lose my shit and slap Mirai.

I wish Beret didn't get demoted and lose the white arrow. Even Nasse equally irritates me for saying “that is your good point” all the time the MC acts like shit.

Looks like Saki will soon fall for this dumbass.

What's up with that pose and that background the whole frame looks so ridiculous. can't take it seriously 🤣

The Yuri scene was fun to watch, I wish they showed the bdsm play while the murderer was stabbing the girl that would make it more interesting since the MC ruins the fun.

Now we'll see more Kamen riders flying around the sky....

It's hard to believe that this is from the same creator as Death Note. I am utterly disappointed.
Rickydory123Nov 16, 2021 10:54 PM
Nov 17, 2021 6:23 AM
Oct 2014
Protaku said:
It’s funny how the MC in Death Note was fine killing literally anyone for any reason, while the MC in this shows refuses to kill anyone for any reason.
I wonder what happened to the creators in the 15 ish years between Death Note and Platinum End.

It’s because he was trying to write a character completely opposite of Light to the point where said character doesn’t even have his own personality anymore.
Nov 17, 2021 12:05 PM
Nov 2021
We were introduced to the serial killer in the beginning of the episode , and then she was just deleted at the end lol. The pacing of this show is weird and the suits are getting cringy.
I also agree with the sentiment that his “love interest” is INCREDIBLY boring . Also kinda average looking as far as we’ve seen.
Nov 20, 2021 10:38 AM
May 2018
The tower metropoliman blew, wasnt it the same tower blown in future diary?
Nov 21, 2021 6:30 AM
The Priest Esser

Nov 2011
This is just ridiculously bad. How did this even get an adaption? And what is up with everyone in fucking suits? And what the hell is Sakis purpose in this story?? She gets zero lines and is even blander than the other characters and I thought that was already impossible.
idk why I was here but I'm prob back to playing Dragon's Dogma 2 again when you read this

Nov 30, 2021 11:24 AM

Mar 2010
Holy shit we are doing some alkada levels of human bombs here hahahaha serves that faggot for being all high and mighty about justice. Damn killing off that purple haird gal was a waste tho. Wish she raped me.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Dec 4, 2021 9:33 AM

Jan 2013
Does the protagonist ever grow a spine? The guy is a beyond beta
Dec 27, 2021 6:08 AM
May 2020
bruh bro just bombed the place like it was nothing bruh
May 18, 2022 7:29 AM

Dec 2007
why they cutting so much?

i'm not talking about some scenes that really can stalling the show (like that old policeman that resists girl A, in the manga he have little more room), but mukaidou plan for example. as i remember he presents the strategy better in the manga, and the bomb at the end was big twist. in the anime on the other hand, it felt exactly as the blue and yellow's plan in episode 4 - right after presenting their plan they are dying lol. same as here, it's just showing the characters aren't thinking enough of the situation.

and if i'm not wrong, even the twist at the end isn't the same as the manga, lol.

the chapters in the manga have much more depth, while this episode felt too fast and plotless.

if i have to say something good about this adaption, is that girl A is adapted well. lol
Jun 16, 2022 5:07 AM

Jul 2015
With the thick armor he was wearing, Mukaido better be alive after that sudden explosion.

Got to say so far I wouldn't say the plot is bad but definitely feels lower quality to other works of the author (Death Note and Bakuman).

Aug 24, 2022 8:11 PM
GetsugaTENSHO

Jul 2012
GODdamn, that was smart to just blow up and leave nothing to chance!
張大です for 張大勇督察
Sep 4, 2022 2:12 PM
Dec 2017
Bunille said:
That was rape... ok Mimimi.

The MC is fine. He had a panic attack because of the white arrows. If anything, having thoughts that don't align with what is right (or what you perceive as being right) in that situation shows that not everybody in that world thinks the same way, just like real life. I'm sorry if you only like shows that stroke your thoughts.
Ah, people are so toxic. If someone else doesn't act like how they would act, they can't comprehend it.

Too many borderline psychopaths in this thread.

Facts, and just because the hero isn't an edgelord doesn't mean its necessarily a bad character.

Dec 1, 2022 8:29 PM
Nov 2022
this ep went straight downhill huh. the only likeable character got killed way too soon, girl A is straight up cringe and no advancement took place in the plot at all (plus its not like we learnt something worthwhile instead). hopefully the future eps aren’t this way cuz i didn’t enjoy this at all
Mar 9, 2023 12:32 AM

Jun 2011
This is a Japanese series, alright.. when faced against murderers that could potentially harm you AND everyone that you love, you're still unwilling to stop that madness and allow all of it to happen. When it gets to a point where it's too late for him to fix everything, then he will cry and moan AND STILL wouldn't find a solution to the problem and choose to remain as passive as possible.

One of my most hated tropes in Japanime. What these writers don't realize is that by letting murderers go, the MC is basically assisting on getting other people killed. I personally would not be able to sleep well knowing I allowed these scums off just for them to find their next victims. At that point there's no reason to go philosophical on my ass because everything that I say would sound very hypocritical.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Apr 14, 2023 12:31 AM
Sep 2021
interesting but not specatcular
Oct 19, 2023 4:44 PM
Jun 2022
Well , Rewatching Only For Animation & That Is Dope . Plus Op & Ed Is Awesome Too . Story Is So So .
Pages (3) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Platinum End Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2022

274 by Kitsu-nee »»
Jan 20, 5:03 AM

Poll: » Platinum End Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 28, 2021

162 by jose777manuel »»
Dec 10, 2023 3:03 AM

Poll: » Platinum End Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 21, 2021

117 by jose777manuel »»
Dec 10, 2023 3:02 AM

Poll: » Platinum End Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 14, 2021

139 by jose777manuel »»
Dec 10, 2023 3:01 AM

Poll: » Platinum End Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Oct 7, 2021

230 by Lita2013 »»
Nov 25, 2023 9:03 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.