Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Nov 7, 2021 9:03 AM

Nov 2011
Damn, I feel bad for Laika this episode. Even vampires can get PTSD moments and she didn't look well physically or mentally.

Episode also goes to show how much Lev cares about her. Quite a tense episode imo. Lev seems to also be very motivated when he's focused on a task. He took on his role with a solid commitment.
Nov 7, 2021 9:27 AM
Dec 2020
Lev is a massive chad. A lot of things happening. I cant help but feel so bad for Laika, treated like absolute trash by nearly everyone.

The ending was strange I wonder what the bite did to him to affect him like that.
some people...
Nov 7, 2021 9:32 AM

Feb 2021
Damn Lev got arrested only a few days before launch.

So Irina was feeling sick after having a bad dream and she turns blue???
And they did a Vanitas there with Irina sucking Lev's blood.
Also that guy Franz was definitely behind that accident with the training machine.

I'm still confused about the launch, the name of the anime is Tsuki meaning moon, but Irina is only going to space first right? Then I reckon if the launch is good and she comes back she will have another mission to go to the moon which is the actual objective and her dream.
Nov 7, 2021 9:45 AM

Apr 2014
That vice-president, someone should put him in the non-stop G centrifuge training machine. LOL

I really feel bad for Irina. For Lev, he is a chad. I've wondered what happened to his body at the end? He seemed to be painful at the bitemark or was he just crying? Franz's motive was still in question as well.
何それ?意味分かんない
Nov 7, 2021 9:53 AM

Jul 2017
Laika's PTSD continues to haunt her visions when she lands on the Moon, and that will certainly not be stopping until the Nosferatu Project is over.

She's suffering both physically and mentally to the point of overstress, and that didn't rest well with Lev seeing her in that anemic condition. Both him and Anya try ways to reinvigorate her but to no avail, and just as is with vampires, only blood can resuscitate them, and Lev offers his blood to her. Kind of a sweet moment if you ask me.

Lev is prepared to go to lengths to realize his dream of going into space, and Irina as an experimental tool is already there. Both of them grinning and blushing are as sweet as cherry.

The training sessions go on as days are left counting down to launch, and Russia's roots are just as prevalent to ready Irina in whatever condition she will be. Lev's decision to protect Irina will cost him his role, and Irina being able to withstand the assistant director's beating, both adds up to the length of how far people will resort to violence.

Quite a tense episode, and with the sequence of events, how will Irina survive without Lev?
Nov 7, 2021 10:04 AM

May 2018
People here keep calling Inina - Laika.
This is funny.

AkeZZZ said:
or was he just crying?

I think he cried out of frustration.

AkeZZZ said:
Franz's motive was still in question as well.

I think the whole scheme was to sabotage Lev, who's reaction was very predictable.
alshuNov 7, 2021 2:30 PM
Nov 7, 2021 10:06 AM

Nov 2016
Blood sucking as romantic as this counts as a kiss in my book or more... just saying. Maybe I'm reading too much into this, but Lev could become a vampire now. His line where he said he's embarased to be human could've been foreshadowing.

Speaking of foreshadowing

"So on my 20th birthday, I wanna try it again" Oh no, why did she have to say that? 💀

Also, everybody gangsta until that garlic chain is gone.

Man, the situation has become really frustrating at the end.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Nov 7, 2021 10:20 AM

Dec 2012
I just want a happy end for Irina at this point. I don't care if there will be the biggest asspull since Fairy Tail, I just want her to smile.
Nov 7, 2021 10:22 AM

Jul 2011
I would say that is good that Lev was arrested, to grow more the dissatisfaction against the country, and maybe follow the defection path. Seeing that Lev have 0% chance of becoming cosmonaut.
Nov 7, 2021 10:24 AM

Apr 2018
This was a strange episode for sure. Lev got arrested thanks to Franz who messed up with the spinning machine for some reason. I don't really understand why he did that, is it to save his own friend from falling on the wrong path? That old man needs a beating for real, how dares he to kick her like that. But it's only a few days until the launch so hopefully everything will okay. The little drama they added was alright. Something is happening to Lev too, maybe he's changing into a vampire xD

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Nov 7, 2021 10:24 AM

Jan 2021
Such a good Episode, Irina is past the tsundere stage at this point and the blood sucking scene was done well, they didn't make it sexual just romantic, the show is definitely getting better.
Nov 7, 2021 10:29 AM

Jul 2017
To no fault of this show, the Mushoku Tensei episode was so great earlier that it kind of took me out of watching this one and was sort of hard to really focus on this episode. I will rewatch this episode again some point in the week, but I will say that the blood sucking scene at the middle was fairly decent at least for a positive. Definitely more grounded than all of the Vanitas blood sucking scenes from the previous season lol.
Nov 7, 2021 10:35 AM
A sandwich

Jul 2020
What a scum that vice-director is.
⠓⠥⠍⠁⠝⠊⠞⠽ ⠞⠓⠗⠕⠥⠛⠓ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠎⠞⠥⠏⠊⠙⠊⠞⠽⠂ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠺⠊⠇⠇ ⠎⠅⠊⠏ ⠺⠁⠎⠓⠊⠝⠛ ⠞⠓⠑⠊⠗ ⠓⠁⠝⠙⠎ ⠁⠝⠙ ⠑⠝⠙ ⠥⠏ ⠗⠥⠊⠝⠊⠝⠛ ⠊
⠞ ⠋⠕⠗ ⠑⠧⠑⠗⠽⠕⠝⠑
⠎⠓⠊⠊⠅⠕ ⠁⠕⠎⠕⠊⠂ ⠼⠃⠼⠚⠼⠁⠼⠓
Nov 7, 2021 11:02 AM

Jul 2015
damn.. the vice director beating Irina was hard to watch scene not gonna lie..
Franz did that so that Irina would die and Lev would focus on himself becoming the cosmonaut? if that's true then its a shit idea..
That kiss scene a.k.a blood sucking was extremely sweet moment..
Nov 7, 2021 11:17 AM

Feb 2017
It's funny that I(and from the looks of it others aswell) see Lev looking like he had some sort of reaction from the bite and joking that he's turning into a vampire when that's the norm, that just show how good the world building is.
Nov 7, 2021 11:21 AM
Nov 2019
wow I hope that professor gets what he deserves soon like put him in the centrifuge on max intensity or something till he dies . also if lev didnt stop the machine the launch would have failed with Irina being dead
Nov 7, 2021 11:42 AM

Jun 2019
Another fine episode. I’ve noticed a pattern where there is 1 or 2 scenes an episode where we get a swelling score and some expressionist visualizations. This time it was when Irina drank Lev’s blood, which was done well enough.

However, I did notice an animation blunder when the old guy was beating Irina with the garlic. He swung it at her a couple times and she didn’t react, only to be on the ground immediately the next frame. That is unacceptable in a finished product.
Nov 7, 2021 11:44 AM

May 2021
Great episode! Felt sorry for Irina who was not looking great this episode but drinking Lev’s blood seemed to fix that xD. I freaking hate that old man scientist who hit Irina. Hope he gets killed at some point.

Looking forward to the next episode!
AISHITERU...REM!
Nov 7, 2021 1:27 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Lev fucked up by not really striking the vice -director. I mean if he was going to do jail time, make sure you punch him in the nose and knee him in the balls....hard.

Poor Irina. Her life is one miserable existence.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Nov 7, 2021 1:40 PM

Apr 2017
I'm actually quite surprised that Lev is the one who got in trouble this time. Because something they all seem to forget: They almost killed a valuable test specimen, days before the actual test. It is Lev's job to control Irina, have her undertake the training and look out for her. So obviously he would stop a machine if it would get too dangerous. Sure, his motives are obviously different, but nevertheless he saved her and would be able to justify it by just saying he saved the mission. Irinas' death would mean a scrub for the launch and major delays on the test flight. If they then would decide to just do it again at a later time with a different test subject, they would risk loosing to the United Kingdom, which would probably be the worst outcome. In my opinion, the professor should be punished for endangering the success of the space program and therefore treason against the nation.
Nov 7, 2021 1:46 PM

Dec 2012
I have a weird hypothesis that Lev is transforming into a vampire after that bite or something
"Only one with the courage
to shoulder the burden
of their own fate can
be called a hero.."

Nov 7, 2021 2:04 PM

Feb 2012
With her nightmares Irina's starting to come to face with the idea that she could end up like those dogs.

They executed the romantic bloodsucking scene beautifully.

Last week, Lev was told he had a chance of becoming a cosmonaut again, but as we know from the last time he was demoted, he stood up for his comrade, Irina against a superior and now he has once again lost his chance to go to space.

Even more unfortunate this time as he's going to miss Irina's launch.

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Nov 7, 2021 2:55 PM

Aug 2013
alshu said:
People here keep calling Inina - Laika.
This is funny.

Yeah. I was like wtf are they talking about.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Nov 7, 2021 3:03 PM
Jul 2018
Lev imprisoned I expect what he leaves of that prison was very strange.
Nov 7, 2021 3:10 PM

Apr 2015
I wonder if that machine was messed with by someone else, maybe a UK spy???

Not gonna lie, if Lev gets arrested for absolutely doing jack shit, I would have kicked the guy in the face to give them a reason to arrest him. Like what the fuck.

Was kinda cute to see Irina suck Lev's blood, I actually didn't think she would recover from that.

What was that scene from Lev in his cell, did he get side effects from Irina's bite?
Nov 7, 2021 3:13 PM

Nov 2011
If anything happens to Irina I'll lose my god damn mind.

The Blood sucking scene was perfect.

The Old Man and Franz should be punched in their faces.

CeddyyBearr said:

You see Franz messing with it right before it happens.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Nov 7, 2021 3:24 PM

Apr 2015
SoraSenpai said:

CeddyyBearr said:

You see Franz messing with it right before it happens.
oh shit, you're right. It's very brief but I totally missed that shot.
Nov 7, 2021 3:32 PM

Jan 2012
The ending seems like lev is in pain or something

Yahallo!
Yatta!
Baka!

<!
"Humans, your existence was a mistake. Conflicts, lies, jealously, greed. You once caused me to lose everything and today I will devour everything... Because I am the Valkyrie Goddess">
Nov 7, 2021 5:02 PM

Feb 2017
can someone pls beat that old geezer into the ground ??? nothing will satisfy me more than someone slapping that trash into the afterlife.

i'm really glad they didn't make the blood sucking scene sexual. vanitas no carte was so cringey to watch bc pretty much every blood sucking scene looked like it came out of an r-18 fanfic. at least this one here was relatively normal

good to see that irina is doing okay; she's really strong and determined but she seems pretty stubborn. i'm realllly hoping nothing goes wrong. she's a MC so she has to have plot armor by definition

placeholder text
Nov 7, 2021 5:27 PM

Sep 2020
Spying on Irina was already a giveaway but sabotaging the training machine pretty much confirmed that Franz is a spy.
The next episode's preview also confirmed that the matron is in fact a military bigshot.
Nov 7, 2021 5:54 PM

Jun 2021
Another solid episode.

The continual build up of the relationship between Lev and Irina was well done, highlighted with the blood sucking scene.

The only concern is that the animation looked really spotty at times. Hopefully they can do a little better in the coming episodes.
Nov 7, 2021 5:57 PM

Aug 2020
First of all, there are so many things that happened in this episode. I really like that Lev offered some of his blood for Irina, that blood sucking scene was beautiful. The thing that irritates me is that vice-president, and the betrayal of that operator, I srsly don't like ppl like them. Now Lev got arrested and next episode is Irina's flight this is getting exhilirating!

» [The World's Continuation【世界のつづき】- UTA/Ado ♪] «
0:00 〇────── 4:55
↺ |◁ II ▷| ♡

Come and Join us!
Evil Club ψ
FuwaFuwa Sanctuary ✿
✿ DeaD Blossoms ✿
Nov 7, 2021 6:36 PM

Apr 2015
Dude. Straight up orgasm. Connects directly back to old/modern bloodsucking vampirism.

Heh.
Nov 7, 2021 8:23 PM

Jan 2020
Damn, that seemed pretty painful at the end there.

It's expected but still unfortunate that there are a lot of unlikable human characters in the show thus far but I'm still glad Lev stood up and showed that annoying guy a little of what he deserves. I hope things don't go too bad for him in the future

Nov 7, 2021 8:38 PM
Feb 2018
Blue_Maroon said:
Another fine episode. I’ve noticed a pattern where there is 1 or 2 scenes an episode where we get a swelling score and some expressionist visualizations. This time it was when Irina drank Lev’s blood, which was done well enough.

However, I did notice an animation blunder when the old guy was beating Irina with the garlic. He swung it at her a couple times and she didn’t react, only to be on the ground immediately the next frame. That is unacceptable in a finished product.
Yeah that was bad.
Nov 7, 2021 9:57 PM
Jun 2017
My, my, what an endearing episode.
It was a cute moment of bonding between them, though it was a peculiar one.

What are Franz's plans? It's clear he knows that Lev is prone to violence against superiors, so he had the goal for thin to snap and so to separate him from Irina. But if he wanted him to become a cosmonaut, that would be counterproductive. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Lev's an idiot, though. There were better ways to defuse the situation with the Vice-Director. After all, he could have emphasized Irina's vital role as an experiment, which would have given him a better and higher standing. Welp...

It seems that we'll get to see the launch next week. This is getting better.
Nov 7, 2021 10:10 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Dang this turned into Strike the Blood for a few minutes. Yeah I know it's an anime and it's about vampires going into space but this is a pretty grounded-in-reality anime so I just have some questions. Lev really just said "suck my blood" without worrying about it being sanitary or not? She literally asked him if she should brush her teeth but then he's like "nah I'm good". He wasn't worried about some sort of vampire pathogen that could enter him either, although it looks like whatever it was was taking effect as we see at the very end of the episode. Also how much blood did she drink? It looked like she took out quite a few pints out of the guy. Lev probably should've become anemic, but he's totally fine. He probably has like unlimited blood supply from really healthy and productive bone marrow.

Man if Lev didn't get put in jail, his blood probably wouldn't be the only thing Irina would be sucking that night >:)

NYANPASU
5700XT

Nov 7, 2021 10:31 PM

Dec 2020
franz did something to cause the machine to go that fast didnt he.. franz you little bitch hope the general cuts your hair and dyes it platinum blonde
Nov 8, 2021 1:34 AM

Mar 2015
Lev is a hot-headed simp. some bois call him chad for whatever reason and this makes me laugh

I hope Lev doesn't turn into a vampire, because it would make the show stupid: it has already established that in their world vampires are different humanoid species and not some kind of magical beast s.

If they make so Lev indeed turns into a vampire and escapes with Irina to live happily forever after -- that would be the stinkiest the cheesyest cliché ever
Am I a good person? No. But do I try to be better every single day? Also no
Nov 8, 2021 3:04 AM

Jan 2016
Why tf did Franz mess with the machine. Also the ending was strange
Nov 8, 2021 6:48 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Great episode but it makes me so angry against all of what they do to Irinia... she was sick but got better after sucking Lev's blood, that scene was wholesome, but otherwise seeing her in that dysfunctional machine, learning the rocket will have explosives and how she got beat by that f*cking scientist was just horrible to watch... Lev is jailed for nothing now, I'm so sad I hope it won't be tragic in the next episodes but I'm already worried, anyway half way with this anime and I really love it, one of my new fav for this season
Nov 8, 2021 7:46 AM

Oct 2016
Great episode! If Lev was gonna get punished anyway, he should have at least smacked garlic man on the face on the way down.

Every episode, we get like one scene where it's just pure beauty and some banger soundtrack and I love it. That's some beautiful blood sucking, maybe there's a hidden meaning to that sucking or it's just the Irina x Lev shipper in me talking lmao.

I wonder why Franz sabotaged the machine though, it's either he's the UK spy or he's just sabotaging Lev specifically. Also the end of the episode, Lev is either turning into a vampire or he's just crying in pain for not being able to look after Irina right now. Honestly don't want him to turn into a vampire. Really looking forward to the next episode.
Nov 8, 2021 2:15 PM
Dec 2017
another great episode

Nov 8, 2021 4:38 PM
Jul 2020
Really enjoyed this episode and already had a feeling that Franz was dangerous.

I desperately need the entire soundtrack :(
Nov 8, 2021 4:40 PM

Jul 2011
Blue_Maroon said:

Yep the animation isn't consistent throughout the episodes. Sometimes it's great and other times it's really bad.

Still I'm enjoying this show very much.
Was anime really a mistake tho
Nov 8, 2021 8:58 PM

Oct 2008
looks like things are turning for the worse for Lev and Irina! i hope these two would get out of this hellhole and realize that this is not a dream to reach for...
5/5.

Nov 8, 2021 11:55 PM

Jan 2018
SHES SOO CUTE DRINKING BLOOD OMG
Best girl move right there
Nov 10, 2021 3:27 AM

Nov 2013
Why did Franz do that? Franz sabotaged the machine to maybe kill Irina before she explodes in a rocket? Don't know how same outcome would spare Lev's feelings, but Franz obviously knows that Lev treats Irina like a human being (instead of a test subject), so he wanted to "save Lev" by killing Irina before Lev falls in love with her or something?

So, we have a launch next ep? We're only half-way through. This may turn too dramatic.

P.S Is Lev turning into a vampire? Or will he die from some blood poisoning lol?
Nov 10, 2021 10:26 AM
Jan 2018
The bloodsucking scene was really cute.

Some people commenting that Franz wanted to kill Irina so that Lev would refocus on cosmonaut training, I hope he's the spy because otherwise his plan is pretty stupid.

I also believe that Lev missed the biggest chance he had of punching that old bitch in the nose. I hope this old man gets screwed in the next episode as his actions clearly hurt the Nosferatu Project.

And as for the end of the episode we see Lev agonizing in pain, we're all torn between regret for his actions or whether he's turning into a vampire (I'm rooting for the last option although I think it's the least likely)
Nov 11, 2021 3:23 AM
Apr 2015
Sigmar-Unberogen said:
Why did Franz do that? Franz sabotaged the machine to maybe kill Irina before she explodes in a rocket? Don't know how same outcome would spare Lev's feelings, but Franz obviously knows that Lev treats Irina like a human being (instead of a test subject), so he wanted to "save Lev" by killing Irina before Lev falls in love with her or something?

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tsuki to Laika to Nosferatu Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 10, 2021

57 by Y0AAT21 »»
Jan 10, 11:09 AM

» A perspective from Soviet Union

Flank27 - Nov 21, 2023

14 by Flank27 »»
Dec 24, 2023 1:00 AM

Poll: » Tsuki to Laika to Nosferatu Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Koshi_Inaba - Dec 18, 2021

112 by TheBiggestAm »»
Dec 3, 2023 9:56 PM

Poll: » Tsuki to Laika to Nosferatu Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Hesmiyu - Oct 3, 2021

115 by Y0AAT21 »»
Nov 24, 2023 11:33 PM

Poll: » Tsuki to Laika to Nosferatu Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 17, 2021

66 by TheBiggestAm »»
Nov 20, 2023 9:45 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.