Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Nov 7, 2021 9:26 AM

Jul 2017
Rob7 said:
Damn, the LN even explained events like this (how he got a free horse).

RIP the pace.

That's why novel readers hate most of anime adaptations: because the studios don't adapt in the slowest way possible, with 100 episodes per season, just for their boring reader sake.

Not me, and I'm even re-reading the series currently. It does not have to be a perfect 1:1 since that's not feasible, so while some elements are lost or moved to another time, the intensity, the emotions, the actual scenes that matter are all retained and executed really well while world building is still elite even without tons of exposition on it. Showing rather than telling for some details, and leaving out some minor details is a fine sacrifice, for the quality Studio Bind has given with this series. I'm a LN/WN fan for sure, and the anime's still one of the best I've ever seen, even if isn't a PERFECT 10.0/10 adaptation and more of an 8.5-9/10 in that aspect.
Nov 7, 2021 9:28 AM

Mar 2021
Another great episode!! I cried when Paul hugged Rudy the anxiety of being denied is just unbearable. The feel when your parent or sisters talk to you but never look at you is very painful and scary, it's like they denied your existence!

Rudy forgive his father is a genius writing too, he see himself in Paul but the different is that Rudy give up on his best friends but Paul didn't give up on Rudy! This had lead Rudy realizing his mistake of his past life and how great his father is compare to himself. In his past life the regret had cornered him into dead end, because of the stupid pride and stubborn keeping him from apologize his friend make Rudy lose his friend forever. If we not know about that past experience I don't think anyone could forgive Paul easy like that. Rudy forgive Paul not only save Paul but also save his family his home the connection he once lost had now return to him, slowly but surely.
"When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change "
A quote that saved my life
NhtDesuNov 7, 2021 10:40 AM
Nov 7, 2021 9:30 AM
A sandwich

Jul 2020
Someone told me recently that Geese isn't actually a character in the source material. I can kinda see that but is it true?
⠓⠥⠍⠁⠝⠊⠞⠽ ⠞⠓⠗⠕⠥⠛⠓ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠎⠞⠥⠏⠊⠙⠊⠞⠽⠂ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠺⠊⠇⠇ ⠎⠅⠊⠏ ⠺⠁⠎⠓⠊⠝⠛ ⠞⠓⠑⠊⠗ ⠓⠁⠝⠙⠎ ⠁⠝⠙ ⠑⠝⠙ ⠥⠏ ⠗⠥⠊⠝⠊⠝⠛ ⠊
⠞ ⠋⠕⠗ ⠑⠧⠑⠗⠽⠕⠝⠑
⠎⠓⠊⠊⠅⠕ ⠁⠕⠎⠕⠊⠂ ⠼⠃⠼⠚⠼⠁⠼⠓
Nov 7, 2021 9:31 AM
Dec 2018
rasterman7 said:
Someone told me recently that Geese isn't actually a character in the source material. I can kinda see that but is it true?

He's present in the light novels...
I like dub more than sub because I am not a weeb.
Nov 7, 2021 9:32 AM

Mar 2019
Rudy playing a Guilty Gear game in the flashback was pretty cool
Nov 7, 2021 9:32 AM

Jan 2021
rasterman7 said:
He is definitely in the LN but it might be the Manga which isn't Cannon to the story.
Nov 7, 2021 9:35 AM

Oct 2021
A nice reunion of father and son .
Geese really put a spot light on himself and nice to see paul being responsible dad taking care of norn so well in such harsh circumstances.
Paul getting nightmares about Rudy well animated as expected of studio bind .
Eris after hearing about her family missing still my girl didn’t started crying like cliché female lead instead she took it positive and stayed strong. Her character impressing me more and more .
Studio bind just gone all out in this eps from starting to the end it felt like I’m watching a movie .
Now Rudy and paul started to begin their journey in separated ways .
AtoferatofeNov 7, 2021 9:39 AM
Nov 7, 2021 9:39 AM
May 2020
I'm glad they made up, I was actually feeling bad for Paul, sadly his sister is scared of him now.

All thanks to Geese tho, mvp for sure
Nov 7, 2021 9:46 AM

Jun 2014
Nice to see they made up and this was all resolved happily. These last couple episodes have knocked it out of the park so I'm excited to see where things go from here after this little dramatic reunion.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Nov 7, 2021 9:48 AM
Apr 2020
Rob7 said:
Comparing to manga i'm disapointed with Eris, she is just an unidimensional trope of a Tsundere 100% of time in the anime (while in the books she is whatever the reader wants). Anime is wasting her.

Also the comic did better the talk no jutsu of Gesu, with a bit of action and monsters instead of lazy bar talk.

And the anime did not exposed very well the degradation of Paul. He was not depressed only because of his family, but EVERYBODY HE KNEW fron Buena Village is dead. And he, as protector of that village, feel guilty for it, for not find them earlier.
u mfs who really think the anime is adapting the manga sound so dumb
Nov 7, 2021 9:49 AM

Jan 2021
wavychris said:
Rob7 said:
Comparing to manga i'm disapointed with Eris, she is just an unidimensional trope of a Tsundere 100% of time in the anime (while in the books she is whatever the reader wants). Anime is wasting her.

Also the comic did better the talk no jutsu of Gesu, with a bit of action and monsters instead of lazy bar talk.

And the anime did not exposed very well the degradation of Paul. He was not depressed only because of his family, but EVERYBODY HE KNEW fron Buena Village is dead. And he, as protector of that village, feel guilty for it, for not find them earlier.
u mfs who really think the anime is adapting the manga sound so dumb
Even funnier when the Manga doesn't even have Geese, who has been pretty critical to the plot as of now.
Nov 7, 2021 9:53 AM
Oct 2021
dabdabgoose said:
Rob7 said:

RIP the pace.

That's why novel readers hate most of anime adaptations: because the studios don't adapt in the slowest way possible, with 100 episodes per season, just for their boring reader sake.
and this is why I dislike source material elitists, they have no concept of reality and how it's simply not possible to add everything, you don't need to add absolutely everything to keep the message on point.

Nah the manga reader are must more annoying with they moment thing. Most of the novel reader are find with this because it straight up form the novel
Nov 7, 2021 9:56 AM

Jul 2017
dabdabgoose said:
Even funnier when the Manga doesn't even have Geese, who has been pretty critical to the plot as of now.

Geese is there in the manga. The scene was executed differently from the LNs/anime but he was there.
Nov 7, 2021 9:56 AM

Jul 2015
i.. just can't.. this was such a teary episode.. i doubt that there has been a good/avg episode in this season... every episode is absolute perfection!

that Rudeus flashback to his previous life.. him comparing himself to others..
man! i just can't..
Nov 7, 2021 9:57 AM

Mar 2021
Erogamerss said:
dabdabgoose said:
and this is why I dislike source material elitists, they have no concept of reality and how it's simply not possible to add everything, you don't need to add absolutely everything to keep the message on point.

Nah the manga reader are must more annoying with they moment thing. Most of the novel reader are find with this because it straight up form the novel

I still think the manga do a better job at making me cry than the anime but in the end the message they want to give us in the anime is clear so that doesn't matter anymore.
Nov 7, 2021 9:57 AM

Apr 2014
Man this reminds me of when it came to my own experience. Not even realizing or even caring for anything else in that moment. It took years after I cut ties to even try to make an effort to make up.
Nov 7, 2021 10:00 AM

May 2015
dabdabgoose said:

I have to say, as someone who read the source material, the anime adaptation is doing a really great job imo
Sure it skipped some important bits, but the core stuff is there and it's been really loyal to the novel
This is definitely one of the best isekai adaptations
KorhalChildNov 7, 2021 10:18 AM
Nov 7, 2021 10:01 AM
Oct 2021
NhtDesu said:
Erogamerss said:

I still think the manga do a better job at making me cry than the anime but in the end the message they want to give us in the anime is clear so that doesn't matter anymore.
With ton of bulshit and unlogic + cutting important character then yet manga should at least do something.
ErogamerssNov 7, 2021 10:07 AM
Nov 7, 2021 10:02 AM
A sandwich

Jul 2020
dabdabgoose said:
rasterman7 said:
He is definitely in the LN but it might be the Manga which isn't Cannon to the story.
Ah, they have meant the manga then. I see.
⠓⠥⠍⠁⠝⠊⠞⠽ ⠞⠓⠗⠕⠥⠛⠓ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠎⠞⠥⠏⠊⠙⠊⠞⠽⠂ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠺⠊⠇⠇ ⠎⠅⠊⠏ ⠺⠁⠎⠓⠊⠝⠛ ⠞⠓⠑⠊⠗ ⠓⠁⠝⠙⠎ ⠁⠝⠙ ⠑⠝⠙ ⠥⠏ ⠗⠥⠊⠝⠊⠝⠛ ⠊
⠞ ⠋⠕⠗ ⠑⠧⠑⠗⠽⠕⠝⠑
⠎⠓⠊⠊⠅⠕ ⠁⠕⠎⠕⠊⠂ ⠼⠃⠼⠚⠼⠁⠼⠓
Nov 7, 2021 10:03 AM
A sandwich

Jul 2020
Conceptualhero said:
rasterman7 said:

He's present in the light novels...
You're right, the one who told it to me might have meant the manga version. Sorry for the confusion.
⠞ ⠋⠕⠗ ⠑⠧⠑⠗⠽⠕⠝⠑
⠎⠓⠊⠊⠅⠕ ⠁⠕⠎⠕⠊⠂ ⠼⠃⠼⠚⠼⠁⠼⠓
Nov 7, 2021 10:05 AM

Jul 2017
KorhalChild said:
dabdabgoose said:

I have to say, as someone who read the source material, the anime adaptation is doing a really great job imo
Sure it skipped some important bits, but the core stuff is there and it's been really loyal to the novel
This is definitely one of the best isekai adaptations

Funnier thing is 86 has been universally praised as an adaptation of the light novels as one of the best ones out there, yet even that series isn't 1:1 even with the first season only having 1 volume to adapt. Original stuff is added, stuff is changed in order, and battles that had way too much exposition in the books and made it taxing to read through at times, felt free-flowing in the anime with more focus on the action and destruction and less on describing every single weapon/mech and action taken in many pages. It's not a 1:1 yet it's great. Even Monogatari takes liberties (particularly with Kizumonogatari), and this series does too and it's still fantastic.

The light novel for Mushoku Tensei is its own wonderous experience, the anime is too, and for me the ultimate experience is consuming both. But yeah, the anime regardless is still a great adaptation for me, even if not every ounce of detail is there and some side stories are skipped or moved to later points as long as the actual anime experience is cohesive and still offers many, many great things and hits well with the big scenes, which it does. And the production quality is still some of the best I've seen in recent years. I'll take this anime with some sacrifices of smaller things than an incompetent adaptation as a whole.
Nov 7, 2021 10:06 AM
Nov 2018
Rob7 said:
zwolf12 said:
With that episode the show gave proof that they can do it, if they aren't in horny jail for stupid bullshit.

Not a single perv joke in this episode.

So as the poll in the other topic shows, 60% of the audience here should be disappointed. The episode is lacking an important side of Rudeus.

Are you not? Look, this 6th episode was totally suitable for NORMIES. Don't you hate it guys?

The question in your dumb poll was "would this anime be even better if they skip the cringe horny gags of Rudeus". Even with this loaded question results clearly indicate that people here don't share you zealous puritanism.

It doesn't mean that they want these jokes in every single episode or that they would be disappointed by this episode. Assuming that it does is completely ridiculous and you really should be ashamed to write something that dumb.

Then again, that's on top of your equally dumb "it's not as good as manga", so there is clearly a pattern.
Nov 7, 2021 10:10 AM

Mar 2021
Erogamerss said:
NhtDesu said:

With ton of bulshit and unlogic + cutting important Character then yet it should at least do something.

Woah chill I'm not saying manga is better than the anime. For me manga is a big Meh like you said but that scene when Paul and Rudy hugged eachother I cried everytime I read it (5 times already!!) It's the pinnacle of emotion I can feel from the manga
Nov 7, 2021 10:16 AM

Sep 2014
Great episode. I'm glad Paul got a proper wake up call after all the horrible things he did in the last episode.
Nov 7, 2021 10:18 AM
Apr 2021
0/10 absolutely hated it only because of the thing called an“end” apparently every anime has it but I hate it in mushoku tensei
Nov 7, 2021 10:20 AM
Jul 2021
Wow, I didn't expect to get so emotional, at first I was irritated we were seeing 'another side' of the same thing like they did with the first episode and then Roxy(I do like to see it but to dedicate half an episode or whatever like they did in that Roxy episode holds the story progression in a standstill in a way and I REALLY want to see more).

But this episode was phenomenal, Rudy saved Paul from wallowing in misery and booze and they made up which was amazing. Also love Tsundere Eris!! That Hmmmf head turn makes me laugh every time. But I REALLY wish Paul would talk to Norn man, soo bad. Like I(Paul) PUNCHED my son in the face, and verbally cut him down while I was shit faced drunk, your brother is a GOOD and caring brother(albeit pretty pervy, but not towards his sisters).

I seriously can't wait for the rest, although I'm going to be soo sad when episode 23 hits 😭. If they could somehow keep the animation up(impossible I know) I would LOVE LOVE LOVE this to be something like Naruto where we just go straight shot and we got to see hundreds of episodes (non filler) where we get to literally see EVERYTHING! Every side, all the action with nothing cut out, hopefully technology making animation waaay better, easier, will eventually get to the point where they can make insane stuff pretty easily (when they have like dual RTX 9090s I can't wait to see what they'll be able to do).

One thing that depressed me of this little arc, I read a little ahead from the beginning of this cour and he had a pretty decent little relationship with Geese that they cut out, and I hate it. Those panties he had on his head were supposed to come from Geese, and he had an emotional moment with him that I really liked that they just cut out entirely! And I feel like if they had that in there when they meet again it would matter more than just having him be a 3 week travel buddy with no emotional attachment.
Nov 7, 2021 10:21 AM

Feb 2019
Over here in tears man. I lost my dad 9 years ago to the day yesterday. To see rudy and his dad make up and hug like that really got to me. When I was a kid, I was a spoiled brat and said some really mean things to my dad who was an older Vietnam vet. Things that no parent should ever hear, especially not one that was as good as he was. I wish everyday I could say sorry.

Please cherish your loved ones.
Nov 7, 2021 10:26 AM

Feb 2009
They skip and change some content from the manga, I like it more the way the manga did it, but still it was a good episode!
Nov 7, 2021 10:27 AM

Mar 2018
Glad to see these two make it up, really touched my heart. Especially the part when Paul and Rudeus hugged and Paul started to cry :(.

Geuse a real one, looking for the survivors and helped them make up!

Nov 7, 2021 10:32 AM

Jul 2017
Icewolf004 said:
They skip and change some content from the manga, I like it more the way the manga did it, but still it was a good episode!

This anime followed the light novel, not the manga since the LNs/WNs are the main version of the series before this anime. Manga went a whole different direction with these scenes so that's why they're different. Personally, I much preferred the way the anime handled it since it felt more genuine and subtle, but that's just an opinion thing.
Nov 7, 2021 10:35 AM

Oct 2020
This episode is the most emotional one. The father son feels really got into me.
Some people hate Paul so much but in this episode fully reveals that he is just a human, he did a mistake, he's asshole, but despite how bad he is, he still a family man. And he really loves his family.
Also the flashback moment is valuable. I think that must be change Rudy as a character much. He really is change as better person now.

Great episode.

Nov 7, 2021 10:40 AM
Dec 2020
Rob7 said:
dabdabgoose said:
lol, understandable why they couldn't put it all in as they had skipped the outro to fill this episode but that would of been funny to add.

RIP the pace.

What? Don't lump me with you, I'm a LN/WN reader, but I love this adaptation. I dont necessarily hate a series based on the quality of the adaptation either and I'm sure many others feel the same way.

Just saying, if you expect this anime to have the same pace like in the novel, either you're a kid or just plain stupid (even worse a troll). There's no way to expect 1:1 adaptation especially in MT. I'm aware that 86 gets an excellent adaptation so the entire cour 1 are just 1 vol of LN adapted. But that was because the early story of 86 is their strong point. MT can't be treated that way. MT's most impactful storytelling is far down the line, so for production sake, it's a correct decision to maintain the current pace. Although it's suck that I can't see my favorite nitty gritty scene being animated, still I appreciate what the studio Bind doing with this series. And just the opening sequence, languages, and all the detail that being added throughout the series are felt like a love letter to fans.

Hell even this grounded approach for Rudy-Paul reunion, I'm sure, is made deliberately because the anime will feel more like slice of life, while the manga more leaning for dramatic effect because thats to make the readers entertained at that time.
Nov 7, 2021 10:45 AM

Apr 2018
I couldn't help but cry when I saw that hug, I'm so happy for them. This ep filled me with the most wholesome energy 5/5

Also that bread animation O_O
Nov 7, 2021 10:46 AM

Apr 2021
Kaiseki said:
Paul really cares about Norn, well, he's a father after all.
When Rudeus saw Paul's face, he slightly remembered his former self in the real world.
Aww that hug... such a wholesome episode.

Also the bread was very well animated tbh.
can't forget the bread lmao. Yes the last two episodes have been pretty nice and we'll made. It's amazing how they're still keeping up with the animation even in the 17th episode
Nov 7, 2021 10:47 AM

Mar 2016
Wow, where do I start?
I actually teared up a bit during that emotional hugging scene with Paul and Rudeus, no lies.

My god, what a powerful episode and a great follow-up from the last one. Very well directed all around. While some details were definitely culled, the author's ability to understand the nature of human communication is remarkable. This is one of the best ways to write drama in fiction, espeically in the most down-to-earth organic ways possible. No fancy dramatic music, no unnecessary theatrics. Sure, the aforementioned can be great and all when utilized correctly, but it wouldn't fit the distinct and ambient atmosphere of the Mushoku Tensei anime.
Paul and Rudeus made mistakes cause they're human, they're people. But people change. It was awkward at first, especially with how Rudeus wasn't looking Paul directly in the face. I can relate to that even now myself cause I personally have my own issues with keeping focus on looking directly at people I conversate with in person. Not that I'm completely unable, but because it can feel awkward at times, especially when both sides here aren't really some of the best social communicators in the world to say the least.

The Paul flashback was abridged but thankfully wasn't too dragged out and did enough to express to the audience the weight of his own circumstances. Geese was a real dude, too, giving that helpful advice to Paul prior (Rujierd as well, too, btw). Eris was great, too, in terms of standing up for Rudeus. Really shows how much she now cares for him.

Good to see now that both sides are on good terms, even if everything wasn't completely resolved. The manga and LN might have had the flashier presentations, but the anime's take was far more befitting imho.
Nov 7, 2021 10:51 AM

Jan 2019
The duality of the emotions during the hugging part was epic. When looking from Paul's side, you'd get all the thoughts and realizations rush in at the same time, leading anyone to cry like he did, but looking from the side of Rudeus, it became so funny I truly laughed out loud for quite a while. :b

Even though this episode slapped me straight in the face, showing how firmly Rudeus is in his old body, I can't help but to still see a sliver of a chance that he will accept his new self at some point. (Probably not enough episodes in this series)... I'm thinking that its perhaps only when Rudeus sees that he has done something meaningful in this new life to be deserving of it. Of course he might never let go. Both outcomes are fine, but I'm curious what this author is thinking.

I want to time-jump to next week.
Nov 7, 2021 10:53 AM

Jun 2019
God this anime is so good. The character writing is some of the best I have ever seen in an anime. Everyone feels like a real person and that makes their conflicts & resolutions hit that much harder. Idk where this season will end up, but it seriously might be a 10/10 when it ends.
Nov 7, 2021 10:56 AM
May 2019
Daim, that was a great Episode, the anime did not included the dinner with Rudeus, Eris, Paul and Norn, what i was looking forward to but hey, they can't adapted everything.
Nov 7, 2021 11:00 AM

May 2019
NhtDesu said:
Erogamerss said:
With ton of bulshit and unlogic + cutting important Character then yet it should at least do something.

Woah chill I'm not saying manga is better than the anime. For me manga is a big Meh like you said but that scene when Paul and Rudy hugged eachother I cried everytime I read it (5 times already!!) It's the pinnacle of emotion I can feel from the manga

The same feeling about the manga. The emotional scenes had more impact than the anime.

- LN is the same slow paced story.

But in the adaptations, anime is investing in SOL + Ecchi, and manga invested in drama x comedy variation.
Nov 7, 2021 11:02 AM

May 2013
Geese is a true G. MVP of the series so far.
Nov 7, 2021 11:12 AM

May 2021
Great episode! Geese explained to Paul that he is looking at the situation with Rudeus wrong and that he is only an 11 year old kid. He also explained to Paul that the demon continent isn’t as easy to survive in as he thinks.
That animation for the bread splitting was really nice also.
Paul crying was a by emotional scene. I’m glad they made up. They are splitting up so fast though after just meeting again.

Looking forward to the next episode!
AISHITERU...REM!
Nov 7, 2021 11:15 AM
Dec 2020
Very emotionally satisfying for Rudy and his dad to make up and cut the tension. Nice touch to see Rudeus to learn from his past life.
Nov 7, 2021 11:17 AM

Nov 2013
Wow, if only half (at least) of the show was as great as this episode, it would've been easy 9/10 for me...

Bartender was the MVP of the episode.
Nov 7, 2021 11:19 AM
Jun 2021
geese gets me literally said the things i want to say to paul
Nov 7, 2021 11:20 AM

Sep 2011
Geese the real MVP showing Paul how stupid he was.
Nov 7, 2021 11:28 AM
Feb 2016
Rob7 said:

Dude.. THE MANGA IS FUCKING DOESN'T MAKE SENSE ,ITS FUCKING AWFUL

Monster in Manga so fucking doesn't make sense ,how the fu*k monster in there when Milis is the safest City in the world even outside milis it just have D- C rank monster

And in Manga is B rank monster on the middle of City and it on city drain 😂😂😂
Nov 7, 2021 11:29 AM
May 2020
Can someone help me remember why paul was angry again?? Short memory ig lmao
Nov 7, 2021 11:33 AM
Jun 2021
Plstce said:

something like rudy enjoying his adventure and having it easy (which isnt true) while paul is having all these problems like finding his family
Nov 7, 2021 11:34 AM
May 2020
gaydongpyo said:
Plstce said:

something like rudy enjoying his adventure and having it easy (which isnt true) while paul is having all these problems like finding his family

Oh yes, right! Ty~
Nov 7, 2021 12:09 PM
Senpai

May 2021
So sweet. Gave me good vibes, so i have high hopes for the next episode!
“Do what feels right in your heart. You will be criticized either way.” (Eleanor Roosevelt)
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Part 2 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Homura24 - Dec 19, 2021

464 by edufaduncio »»
Yesterday, 8:19 AM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Part 2 Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Oct 31, 2021

396 by Anayan_Kashyap »»
Apr 24, 9:05 AM

» Why does Ferry for Ruijerd cost so much?

delloskill - Apr 22

7 by Dan_ALves »»
Apr 22, 5:11 PM

» Some context for Eris's actions on the last episode (minor spoilers for the next episode)

Kitsune_089 - Dec 13, 2021

17 by Flaire0153 »»
Apr 21, 9:24 AM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Part 2 Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 12, 2021

468 by ionelHeredia »»
Apr 11, 8:08 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.