Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Rascal Does Not Dream of Bunny Girl Senpai (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Nov 3, 2021 11:00 AM
May 2021
I've wanted to watch this show for a while and I'm thinking of starting it. I've also heard a lot of people comparing it to the Monogatari series. Now, I've watched like 4 episodes of Bakemonogatari, which was enough for me to realize that the series is not for me. I liked the dialog and the characters, but I just hated everything else, like 99% of the episode being dialog that you need to pay extreme attention to, as well as the fact that I didn't understand what was going on. I can understand why people like it, it's just not my thing. Is Bunny Girl Senpai the same, or do people compare these 2 series just for the characters and dialog? Cuz if the ladder is the case, then I'll give it a shot, but if it's the former, I'll just delete it from my list.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Nov 3, 2021 11:11 AM

Sep 2020
Bunny Girl Senpai is also a little confusing as the strange phenomenons that happen don’t really get explained. It’s not as dialogue heavy as Monogatari but it is still more than most. Just give the first 3 episodes a go as that is the first arc of the show
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 3, 2021 11:16 AM
Jan 2021
Bunny girl senpai felt completely different to monogatari. So u might be able to like bunny girl senpai. Either way I liked both anime very much. Monogatari series is a masterpiece but isn't for everyone. I can understand why it's hard for people to get into it .
Nov 3, 2021 11:16 AM
May 2021
Well for me i didn't like it but maybe you will just saying
Nov 3, 2021 11:20 AM

May 2021
Vladdalad214 said:
I've wanted to watch this show for a while and I'm thinking of starting it. I've also heard a lot of people comparing it to the Monogatari series. Now, I've watched like 4 episodes of Bakemonogatari, which was enough for me to realize that the series is not for me. I liked the dialog and the characters, but I just hated everything else, like 99% of the episode being dialog that you need to pay extreme attention to, as well as the fact that I didn't understand what was going on. I can understand why people like it, it's just not my thing. Is Bunny Girl Senpai the same, or do people compare these 2 series just for the characters and dialog? Cuz if the ladder is the case, then I'll give it a shot, but if it's the former, I'll just delete it from my list.

I didn’t like monogatari nearly as much as this, this is one of my favorites
Nov 3, 2021 11:22 AM

Jan 2021
Deku_kamado said:
I haven't watched monogatari series but I have heard that monogatari is the combination of Bunny girl senpai and oregairu. So I think you wouldn't like it. But it's your choice.
That's the worst description of monogatari series I've ever heard
they deleted my signature again so i'm not making a new one
Nov 3, 2021 11:23 AM

Jan 2020
Yes. I like it FAR more, and honestly they're not all that similar.
Nov 3, 2021 11:23 AM
Jul 2020
m4ci3x said:
Deku_kamado said:
I haven't watched monogatari series but I have heard that monogatari is the combination of Bunny girl senpai and oregairu. So I think you wouldn't like it. But it's your choice.
I meant only the personality of the protagonist.
Toxic fans:- using the anime list of the user to criticize his opinions on a different anime.

If you cannot tolerate others taste delete your mal account☮️.
Nov 3, 2021 11:32 AM

Oct 2013
Bunny Girl is more like Kanon, Air and Clannad which are much better than Monogatari so you can watch without worry my dude
Nov 3, 2021 11:33 AM
Jan 2021
Well I am same as you I tried monogatari series 2 times and it doesn't clicks for me.
But bunny girl senpai hits different and it's one of my favorite anime so go for it .
Nov 3, 2021 11:40 AM
Jul 2020
I think you might enjoy Bunny Girl Senpai. It's not really confusing. Also the animation is pretty good and the characters are memorable. I have no idea why people are even comparing it to Bakemonogatari and I've seen both shows.
Nov 3, 2021 11:57 AM
Jan 2021
Deknijff said:
Bunny Girl is more like Kanon, Air and Clannad which are much better than Monogatari so you can watch without worry my dude
. bruh monogatari is a masterpiece and bunny girl senpai is mid
Nov 3, 2021 12:06 PM

Oct 2013
Vadyz0 said:
Deknijff said:
bruh monogatari is a masterpiece and bunny girl senpai is mid
bruh Monogatari is boring as fuck
Only thing there thats worth watching is Shinobu and sure Bunny girl senpai isn't the best but at least I dont have to watch a low self-esteem loser like Araragi walk around professing his love for a women who will give him crabs while constantly cheating on her when she can't see with other girls
Nov 3, 2021 12:09 PM
Jan 2021
Deknijff said:
Vadyz0 said:
bruh monogatari is a masterpiece and bunny girl senpai is mid
Only thing there thats worth watching is Shinobu and sure Bunny girl senpai isn't the best but at least I dont have to watch a low self-esteem loser like Araragi walk around professing his love for a women who will give him crabs while constantly cheating on her when she can't see with other girls
lmao u r like 10 by this response
Nov 3, 2021 12:11 PM
Feb 2021
Probably, this one is more wholesome.
Nov 3, 2021 12:15 PM
Degenerate Soda

Nov 2017
Its not as dialogue heavy as Monogatari is, theres a chance you may like it, I'd say give the first couple episodes a shot and see if its your cup of tea, theres nothing wrong with dropping anime
Nov 3, 2021 12:16 PM

Oct 2013
Vadyz0 said:
Deknijff said:
My age dont matter here since I speak the truth
Nov 3, 2021 12:18 PM

Feb 2020
It's definitely not monogatari, if you talking about the dialogue similarities. Not liking monogatari is easy, but not liking Bunny girl is a hader task. Give it a try.

Nov 3, 2021 12:19 PM

Jan 2021
Deku_kamado said:
m4ci3x said:
I meant only the personality of the protagonist.
yeah that would fit more but still they're all kinda different
Nov 3, 2021 12:23 PM

Jan 2021
Deknijff said:
Vadyz0 said:
Both shows are amazing. The thing is... Monogatari series is at least 20 times better, and since you just admitted you're 10 then I understand why you think it's boring. You need to be at least 20% mature to understand it❤️
Nov 3, 2021 12:24 PM
Mar 2021
The dialogue is nowhere near as much in Bunny Girl Senpai
Nov 3, 2021 12:28 PM

Oct 2013
m4ci3x said:
Deknijff said:
Both shows are amazing. The thing is... Monogatari series is at least 20 times better, and since you just admitted you're 10 then I understand why you think it's boring. You need to be at least 20% mature to understand it❤️
I never admitted to being 10 though

I said my age doesn't matter because what I said was right which would mean my age isn't a factor in this discussion

Nov 3, 2021 12:41 PM

May 2021
Vladdalad214 said:

This is still in my PTW list, but about what you said about Bakemonogatari: Dude even I thought that this show wasn't for me but I still continued watching it, and the show becomes good after 8 or 9 episodes and I really liked it. So you may want to continue watching Bakemonogatari.
Nov 3, 2021 12:43 PM
Sep 2020
I haven't watch monogatari yet but based from what I've read from multiple sources, it is somewhat like a lite version of it. I'd say give the first 3 episodes a shot not because of the infamous 3 episode rule but because if you hate the first 3 episodes then you won't like the rest of it.
Nov 3, 2021 12:54 PM
Shirayuki-Fan
Jul 2020
Deknijff said:
m4ci3x said:

I said my age doesn't matter because what I said was right which would mean my age isn't a factor in this discussion

I can't be the only one who finds the animation of Monogatari awful, with the weird neck contortions and the completely empty world. Do you like the animation?
Nov 3, 2021 1:02 PM

Aug 2017
Well it’s not as ecchi as the title would have you to believe.

My biggest regret: Reading all 200+ chapters of Kanojo, Okarishimasu
Jan 2021
It’s pretty different, the animation, the jokes, the couple. The only similar themes is that they have themes that you have to figure out the meaning. I’m pretty sure you’ll like it if Monogatari wasn’t for you
The right mindset when watching an anime is hoping that it will break your top 10
Aug 2021
Simple. Just give it a try. Youll be hooked in the first 15 minutes. Also these 2 anime are not alike at all. Mono you need full attention to watch. While bunny girl you can watch brainlessly and still enjoy. Its not complicated till the movie.
Nov 3, 2021 1:05 PM

Sep 2014
Aobuta is better than monogatari. And even if you didn't like it, at least you won't watch it for nothing since 99% of monogatari dialog are meaningless which is not the case with Aobuta.
Nov 3, 2021 1:06 PM
Jan 2021
Personally I hate monogatari and love bgs
Nov 3, 2021 1:09 PM

Oct 2013
xDemi said:
Deknijff said:

I can't be the only one who finds the animation of Monogatari awful, with the weird neck contortions and the completely empty world. Do you like the animation?
As long as the animation and art work isnt as bad as Aku no Hana I in most cases dont care for animation and back ground art to be honest
Nov 3, 2021 1:24 PM

Jan 2021
Deknijff said:
m4ci3x said:

what are those anime screens for, you tryna make your answers look smarter? And yeah age does matter because I wouldn't expect a for example 12 year old to understand a show as well as a 16 year old
Nov 3, 2021 1:26 PM

Jan 2021
Deknijff said:
m4ci3x said:

Also how tf do you go around and say your opinion is definitely correct bruh that's the most childish thing you can do
Nov 3, 2021 1:31 PM

Jan 2021
Hrybami said:
Aobuta is better than monogatari. And even if you didn't like it, at least you won't watch it for nothing since 99% of monogatari dialog are meaningless which is not the case with Aobuta.
pretty sure dialogues in monogatari series almost always have some meaning, especially if you know japanese, but even if you don't, they deliver a lot of hidden messages. Paying attention is the key to understanding it. I know I already look like a Monogatari fanboy because I am one, but that thing I just said is definitely true as many people also probably say
Nov 3, 2021 1:38 PM

Oct 2013
m4ci3x said:
Deknijff said:

what are those anime screens for, you tryna make your answers look smarter? And yeah age does matter because I wouldn't expect a for example 12 year old to understand a show as well as a 16 year old
the pics are for comedic affect duh

Sure sure age can be important but as said before, what Ive been saying is correct and therefore caring about my hypothetical age in this discussion is nothing but a distraction and attempt to attack me instead of my argument of which no one can deny since its true Araragi is a loser who cheats on his GF several times
Nov 3, 2021 1:40 PM

Jan 2021
Deknijff said:
m4ci3x said:

Sure sure age can be important but as said before, what Ive been saying is correct and therefore caring about my hypothetical age in this discussion is nothing but a distraction and attempt to attack me instead of my argument of which no one can deny since its true Araragi is a loser who cheats on his GF several times
lmao how is that an argument and how can you still be so sure you're the only one whose opinion is correct
Nov 3, 2021 1:44 PM

Oct 2013
m4ci3x said:
Deknijff said:

lmao how is that an argument and how can you still be so sure you're the only one whose opinion is correct
My opinion is just my opinion and correct to me in my personal experience
but its an opinion based off facts of which I just presented so Id say it pretty alright for now
Nov 3, 2021 1:48 PM
Aug 2020
Hrybami said:
99% of monogatari dialog are meaningless which is not the case with Aobuta.
lmao what, monogatari is better than most anime out there. you said dialogue in monogatari are meaningless?? LMFAO
Nov 3, 2021 1:49 PM
Mar 2021
Bunny Girl Senpai is superficially similar to Monogatari in terms of premise, but the characters are a lot more grounded, and Sakuta is fundamentally a more likable lead than Koyomi Araragi. oh, and Mai is literally one of the best female leads in any romantic anime ever, and the romcom banter between her and Sakuta is amazing.
Nov 3, 2021 1:54 PM
Feb 2021
I didn't even understand what was happening half of the time and I still liked this show
Nov 3, 2021 1:59 PM

Jan 2021
Deknijff said:
m4ci3x said:
but its an opinion based off facts of which I just presented so Id say it pretty alright for now
no but how is 'araragi being a loser' a proof of monogatari series being boring
Nov 3, 2021 2:02 PM
Jul 2018
Well, this is the Monogatari that your grandparents bought at the flea market... so probably not.
Nov 3, 2021 2:07 PM

Oct 2013
m4ci3x said:
Deknijff said:
Oh thats not my point as to why Monogatari is boring
I find it boring because I just dont care about any of the characters or the plot except Shinobu because I have a Vampire fetish but even as a character she is boring and its the only appeal about her for me
All that stuff about Araragi was just to highlight that Sakuta in Bunny Girl isn't a loser who falls in love with another loser but constantly cheats on his GF so Bunny Girl much more appealing in that aspect in my opinion even if its not as good as Clannad or Kanon for example which I mention before
Nov 3, 2021 2:16 PM

Jan 2021
Deknijff said:
m4ci3x said:
I find it boring because I just dont care about any of the characters or the plot except Shinobu because I have a Vampire fetish but even as a character she is boring and its the only appeal about her for me
All that stuff about Araragi was just to highlight that Sakuta in Bunny Girl isn't a loser who falls in love with another loser but constantly cheats on his GF so Bunny Girl much more appealing in that aspect in my opinion even if its not as good as Clannad or Kanon for example which I mention before
Yeah I don't even know how to answer to that. I understand you might find it boring but why tf would you hate on it so much and shit on Araragi without any normal reason? I liked Sakuta very much. I liked Araragi 30 times more than Sakuta and you are just the oposite. I don't keep talking shit about characters you like when it's not even the topic of the conversation. Also saying that characters are not all that when you don't even try to understand why they are called by many 'one of the best written characters in anime' doesn't make sense to me either
Nov 3, 2021 2:29 PM

Oct 2013
m4ci3x said:
Deknijff said:
Yeah I don't even know how to answer to that. I understand you might find it boring but why tf would you hate on it so much and shit on Araragi without any normal reason? I liked Sakuta very much. I liked Araragi 30 times more than Sakuta and you are just the oposite. I don't keep talking shit about characters you like when it's not even the topic of the conversation. Also saying that characters are not all that when you don't even try to understand why they are called by many 'one of the best written characters in anime' doesn't make sense to me either
My reason pretty normal honestly since most people dont like or care for people who cheat on their GFs

or do people all of a sudden no longer hate on Makoto from School Days for that very reason?

last I checked this thread was about Monogatari in relation to Bunny Girl so comparing the MCs seems fair game to me honestly

Caring about majority opinion for the character writing I honestly want to say is a argument from popularity which is a fallacy
Nov 3, 2021 2:47 PM

Jan 2021
Deknijff said:
m4ci3x said:
My reason pretty normal honestly since most people dont like or care for people who cheat on their GFs

or do people all of a sudden no longer hate on Makoto from School Days for that very reason?

last I checked this thread was about Monogatari in relation to Bunny Girl so comparing the MCs seems fair game to me honestly

Caring about majority opinion for the character writing I honestly want to say is a argument from popularity which is a fallacy
I know some people might not accept it, but Araragi never cheated on Senjogahara. One thing is fooling around with a girl and the other is dating someone else while also dating your girlfriend. Also notice that Araragi never agreed to do more than this 'fooling around' thing with another girl and Senjogahara was always the most important for him.
Our opinions might be different so I don't expect you to suddenly change your mind but try to get what my point is.

Yeah comparing Mcs is fair here but why would you do that while discussing with me? You could mention a few differences between them so the OP knows what it will be like, but you decided to use only the bad traits of Araragi in order to defend your opinion. I don't think that could in any way help the OP
Nov 3, 2021 2:55 PM
Mar 2021
I’m not a big fan of monogatari but I thought this was amazing I would highly recommend
Nov 3, 2021 3:02 PM

Aug 2020
yes they both are amazing and completely different from each other, they are like apples and oranges.

Has a 8.60 mean score
Akasaka > Other Mangakas

Nov 3, 2021 3:09 PM

Sep 2018
Vladdalad214 said:

Bunny Girl Senpai is different to and better than Monogatari

Quantum ille canis est in fenestra
Nov 3, 2021 3:17 PM

Jul 2017
This thread is a bloody mess. Watch this shit and decide for yourself OP lol

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Seishun Buta Yarou wa Bunny Girl Senpai no Yume wo Minai Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 7, 2018

278 by Killerind »»
Yesterday, 8:02 PM

Poll: » Seishun Buta Yarou wa Bunny Girl Senpai no Yume wo Minai Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 26, 2018

517 by parteeksingh »»
Apr 10, 6:32 AM

» How many chapters left

Jackson_rajkumar - Apr 7

10 by Aruhaya »»
Apr 8, 5:58 AM

Poll: » Seishun Buta Yarou wa Bunny Girl Senpai no Yume wo Minai Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 5, 2018

195 by RinoRappa »»
Apr 4, 6:46 AM

Poll: » Seishun Buta Yarou wa Bunny Girl Senpai no Yume wo Minai Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 24, 2018

276 by ohwaitwhat69 »»
Mar 24, 5:24 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.