Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 30, 2021 5:28 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Wait, this show celebrates Halloween lol. They even got the pumpkins, decorations, etc going on.

Not going to lie, this episode had a weird, creepy vibe, mainly with the robot. One of the weirdest episodes of this anime so far imo.
Oct 30, 2021 8:18 PM

Feb 2020
A very good episode once again and this time it was also a little more creepy.

Happy Halloween!

Oct 30, 2021 8:44 PM
A sandwich

Jul 2020
They managed to make Pumpmon creepy, Hiro stayed consistent with his character even during the fight, we learned more about the Digital World and the vital bracelet functions, it was nice watching it during Halloween. Great, we're getting a really good streak of episodes so far. Toei please please don't screw it up.
⠓⠥⠍⠁⠝⠊⠞⠽ ⠞⠓⠗⠕⠥⠛⠓ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠎⠞⠥⠏⠊⠙⠊⠞⠽⠂ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠺⠊⠇⠇ ⠎⠅⠊⠏ ⠺⠁⠎⠓⠊⠝⠛ ⠞⠓⠑⠊⠗ ⠓⠁⠝⠙⠎ ⠁⠝⠙ ⠑⠝⠙ ⠥⠏ ⠗⠥⠊⠝⠊⠝⠛ ⠊
⠞ ⠋⠕⠗ ⠑⠧⠑⠗⠽⠕⠝⠑
⠎⠓⠊⠊⠅⠕ ⠁⠕⠎⠕⠊⠂ ⠼⠃⠼⠚⠼⠁⠼⠓
Oct 30, 2021 8:45 PM

Jul 2011
I kinda miss then time when was okay to destroy the creepy digimons to purify the data.

I imagine that the kidnapped kids would need some serious therapy if don't treat that just as a nightmare.
Oct 30, 2021 10:41 PM

Feb 2019
Perfect Halloween themed episode lol. I love the darker approach this show has gone with compared to other Digimon series.
Oct 30, 2021 11:14 PM

Jun 2021
The art was very off-model throughout the episode, it was distracting.

Daaaamn, that pumpkin-carving scene legit surprised me. I know they wouldn't do anything gory or permanently-damaging to a child, but seeing a knife get that dangerously close to a child's face was freaky. And the Digimon brandished an actual knife against another kid.

The episode wasn't a 9/10 like the last one, but it was still really good. Ghost Game's absolutely nailing the horror element. And the new lore was pretty interesting, especially the not-DigiQuartz element they're throwing in. It'll make the atmosphere creepier, and the show will be able to have big, explosive fights without having to worry about property damage.

Speculation time: We saw Coatlmon (Snake) and Majiramon (Dragon) in the preview. We know Goatmon (Goat, but close enough to sheep) is coming to the show later on. I saw some people guessing that we might be getting some form of Deva arc, like in Tamers. Coatlmon could be Sandiramon's pre-evo form, Goatmon can be Pajiramon's, and Majiramon is already a Deva. I would love a Deva arc, since it was one of my favorite parts of Tamers.
GwenpoolOct 30, 2021 11:27 PM
Oct 31, 2021 1:12 AM

Jan 2009
so if the Digimons are like Ghosts then that means the Digital World is like Heaven eh that the heroes will have to send the Digimons back to their Heaven aka Digital World

its only episode 4 and they are fighting Ultimate Level Digimons already
Oct 31, 2021 1:46 AM

Oct 2017
Wow they timed the halloween episode with irl halloween and it was quite creepy too. I liked Hiro and Ruri's teamwork. Also while the action was short it was still nice. Good thing they became friends with Pumpkinmon at the end.
Oct 31, 2021 2:37 AM

Feb 2019
Upon first seeing Akane, my first thought was she looked like Izuko Gaen from the Monogatari series.
The line below is True.
The line above is False.
Oct 31, 2021 3:05 AM
Aug 2017
Even if the setup of a halloween episode is normally typical filler we still got quite a couple story/ world building relevant bits. The goofy Shibuya-type Pumpmon we all know and love being played creepily worked really well, this season has been fantastic so far and seems like it will continue to be.
The preview shows we gonna have Quetzalmon and Majiramon, with all the Tamers comparison people have made a return of the Devas would be neat.
Oct 31, 2021 9:29 AM

Dec 2013
All that dragging and specially that carving was super creepy, now they can fight without having to worry about destroying the real world and next episode the whole gang will finally be reunited.
Oct 31, 2021 10:14 AM

Jun 2021
One cool thing to note is that, when Pumpkinmon first appeared in the human world, he was invisible and didn't seem able to interact things. Most likely, he couldn't materialize until recently. So the process isn't an automatic skill and probably not based on power/level. If it's based on time spent in the real world, or a strong will, then Dracmon could very well materialize on its own.

If it's due to Digimon having a strong will, it would explain why Angoramon never materialized; he was content with the way things were and didn't want to change it.
Oct 31, 2021 3:43 PM
Dec 2019
BlichoBoy said:
I kinda miss the time when was okay to destroy the creepy digimons to purify the data.

I imagine that the kidnapped kids would need some serious therapy if don't treat that just as a nightmare.

It is not all about killing Digimon it's also about clearing misunderstandings just like what happened to Mummymon.

Next time they are fighting a Digimon for real.
Videoman190Oct 31, 2021 7:12 PM
Nov 2, 2021 4:00 AM
Jul 2018
Marinate1016 said:
Perfect Halloween themed episode lol. I love the darker approach this show has gone with compared to other Digimon series.
you need to watch Digimon tamers that anime definitely isn't for kids
Nov 2, 2021 10:19 AM

Feb 2019
Isidoro4567 said:
Marinate1016 said:
you need to watch Digimon tamers that anime definitely isn't for kids

I’m a 90s baby. I grew up with tamers and frontier.
Nov 3, 2021 4:36 PM
Sep 2014
Marinate1016 said:
I’m a 90s baby. I grew up with tamers and frontier.

I'm 90s too, but Poland's taste is trash so they never aired anything past the first series. Well, maybe aside from "Digimon the Movie" that contained the golden digimental ova and without them ever airing 02 I was like "oh, T.K. and Kari are older, neat... but who the fuck are THOSE guys?!". So I ended up watching Tamers and Frontier somewhere between 2012 and 2015 IIRC.

The Cosmo-kun robot has a hairstyle like Kazama-kun from Shin-chan, and his dubbing name was Cosmo too, coincidence?

They sure did a great job keeping the creepy vibes thorough the whole episode with all the whispers, laughs, soundtrack and the horror movie tropes like dolls suspiciously disappearing even though they were just a second ago, sight of people being pulled through the floor with just their legs being (less and less) visible and the Pumpmon stabbing (with an actual knife to boot, I'm kinda curious how the dub is gonna handle this XD) the pumpkins with people's heads inside was the dealbreaker. I thought that mummified people were creeepy 2 episodes ago, but the sight of all those people with pumpkin heads was another level.

Hiro sure is popular with girls, Ruri going into the "close friend mode" so fast with him (dropping the honorifics is a big deal in Japan, after all).

Kids nowadays, you can have a weird looking bunny, bigger than you, following you around the school and no one bats an eye, I'm so jealous. By the way, one of the kids shounen tropes is definitely here - adults being oblivious idiots. I mean how could the principal (or whoever this guy was supposed to be) be seriously thinking that a hologram can fart in his face and rip his physical books, lol?

Glad that Hiro is still doing what he can to gather information about the Digital World. Angora-sensei being more knowledgeable (and more clever in general) than Gammamon served as a very organic exposition dump and I respect the writing here.

Angoramon sure has a lot of different special moves, it was already a third new move this episode. Meanwhile I believe Gammamon (not the Betel form) got, like, one so far?

I really like the variety of monsters of the week so far - first we get some guy who wants to steal (time) from people, then we get a genuinely good guy who just misunderstands, then we get a total asshole and this time we get another misunderstanding Digimon, but contrary to Mummymon, Pumpmon actually IS kinda fucked-up in the head. Also he is the first one to have sidekicks, I was wondering how he controls all those pumpkin dolls.

Interesting to know that this DigiQuartz-like space is really like Digital World, since Pumpmon and co. are not holograms anymore after Hiro teleporting everyone there.

It seems we're gonna get some big guns already even thought I'll be just episode 5, can't wait!

TURKEY OR TREATMENT, EVERYONE!
Nov 3, 2021 11:13 PM

Oct 2017
Seriously this series is a lot better/ more interesting than Digimon reboot.

Characterization is done much better , and the partner Digimons are very likable.

The concept and presentation is kinda interesting too, and they really manage to highlight the horror vibe in this for-all-age kid show.
Nov 23, 2021 10:42 AM

Mar 2008
Imagine almost getting stabbed in the eye with a pumpkin carving knife ....ow
Dec 18, 2022 3:09 AM

Feb 2021
He must be lonely after all this time and didn't know that there are Halloween festivals going on in the human world.
- Mal-Badge -

Level 25
Ranked 1135
Last update : 27.02.2022 at 05:50

My Candies :

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

More topics from this board

» We have to be honest and say the truth about this anime

KuronoAlien - Mar 31, 2023

19 by Serafos »»
Mar 3, 12:42 AM

Poll: » Digimon Ghost Game Episode 67 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 25, 2023

50 by Hound-of-MAL »»
Sep 2, 2023 4:33 AM

Poll: » Digimon Ghost Game Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 2, 2021

77 by White_Alice »»
Aug 22, 2023 6:34 PM

» Season 2!?!?

Bolillo99 - Mar 26, 2023

6 by TheBerserker »»
May 23, 2023 11:30 PM

» list some sexy digimons

deg - Feb 26, 2023

33 by MahiaErebeaNegi »»
Apr 8, 2023 9:36 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.