Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 29, 2021 3:58 PM

Mar 2019
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
That's so hype bruh. Awesome start to the fight and we get to see mega lucario next episode. Leon is watching the fight too.
I honestly have no idea what I'm supposed to type here.
*imitates an old man*
"Back in my day, we used to write our names fancy when they asked our signature!"
Oct 29, 2021 9:29 PM

Jan 2016
Damn what a start! xD Pretty much what you'd expect from a Fighting type-styled match, very physical :P

It's strange that Ash let Lucario take hits from three Pokemon tho. Lucario must be really strong (as pre-Mega even) because tanking that much is quite reckless lol
THANKS SENPIEX
Oct 30, 2021 12:42 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
That's for sure a tense match, too bad we have to wait another week to see the 2nd part, I wanna see mega lucario so much
Oct 30, 2021 2:53 AM
Jan 2017
I want some of ash's pokemon to come back (Greninja) *wink* *wink*

Imagine Mega Lucario and Ash Greninja :OOOOOOO
Hhhmmmmmm.......
Oct 30, 2021 8:27 AM
Oct 2020
I watched the latest episode of Pokemon Journeys and it is still garbage. The fight became nothing more than a mess. I still hate Goh because he is annoying me. The only reason i watched these last two episodes was because of Korrina otherwise i don't care about it just like Yu-Gi-Oh ARC-V once again. And an overfocused slice of life cast with nothing more than bad ideas and retcons. Not to mention it's 100% filler.
Oct 30, 2021 3:13 PM

Sep 2020
Bruh Really? Do You Really Saw A Filler Episode ?
Oct 30, 2021 3:45 PM

Apr 2016
"Hmm, I battled against her two times until now and I know she uses fighting types and I have Gengar..."

>First pokémon is pikachu
>Then Lucario
>Uses Lucario against Machamp
>Sirfetch'd against Hawlucha
>Refuses to elaborate further
>Leaves

based

Oct 30, 2021 6:57 PM

Jan 2016
Ohmena said:
"Hmm, I battled against her two times until now and I know she uses fighting types and I have Gengar..."

>First pokémon is pikachu
>Then Lucario
>Uses Lucario against Machamp
>Sirfetch'd against Hawlucha
>Refuses to elaborate further
>Leaves

based

If you think about it, Ash wants Pikachu, Sirfetch'd and Lucario to have their 'definitive rematch', the one that settles all. Sirfetch'd already lost to Hawlucha when he was a Farfetch'd and so did Pikachu against Grapploct. I have a feeling that Dracovish, Gengar and Dragonite will have a bigger role in the Master-class, against Champion-like characters :P
THANKS SENPIEX
Oct 30, 2021 7:14 PM

Aug 2019
I'm sorry but Ash's choices for this battle were complete bull****. Why Pikachu again? And Lucario too? Dracovish is basically dying off-screen from lack of screen-time and so is Gengar to a smaller extent, yet we had to put up with Ash using his two most overrated Pokemon at the moment?
Oct 30, 2021 7:43 PM

Apr 2016
Floyd said:

If you think about it, Ash wants Pikachu, Sirfetch'd and Lucario to have their 'definitive rematch', the one that settles all. Sirfetch'd already lost to Hawlucha when he was a Farfetch'd and so did Pikachu against Grapploct. I have a feeling that Dracovish, Gengar and Dragonite will have a bigger role in the Master-class, against Champion-like characters :P

I hope so. This is by far one of the best pokemon team Ash has ever had and I want some screen time at least for Gengar and Dragonite. It is hella unfair how those two are almost non-existent at this point, cuz their introductions were pretty good

Oct 30, 2021 9:41 PM

Apr 2016
It was weird watching Lucario getting in what was basically a brawl.
Korrina friendship with Bea was cute and the best part of this episode.
Oct 31, 2021 7:59 AM

Nov 2011
Holy God this episode was amazing!!!! It was nice to see Lucario call off Satoshi and the Mega Evolution.

God I can not wait until next week!
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Oct 31, 2021 1:24 PM

Jul 2021
SceptileBlade said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
That's so hype bruh. Awesome start to the fight and we get to see mega lucario next episode. Leon is watching the fight too.

A really good start, and I miss that kind of battle in Pokémon, plus we're finally going to see Ash with a mega-evolved Pokémon.
asdasdsadad
Nov 1, 2021 2:03 AM

Sep 2017
okay so outside of competition you can use all Dynamax , mega and Z moves but not in a competition. Rules sucks. Bummer. Wanted Ash to use them all!
Mega Lucario+ Z fighting move , Chonky Pika Dynamax

The fight was good. Bea going all out and not giving ash a chance. I didn't like how he used lucario though. he went in close/let lucario take too much hits. Vs hawlucha and Machamp: High jump kicked at lucario , Cross chop at defenseless Lucario. (If this was in game lucario would have been KO'ed along time ago)
if i were in ashs shoes vs Machamp i would have called out a spam aura sphere. Ash says go in close and then it gets captured. Gahhhhhhhh.

talk about bringing the moral down. That announcer doesn't even know what he saying and making ash look bad by not mega evolving. Till Leon stepped up, whooo! .
this is hype multi episode.
can't wait to see the rest of his team in action.
Nov 1, 2021 2:14 AM

Sep 2017
Stardust2011 said:
I watched the latest episode of Pokemon Journeys and it is still garbage. The fight became nothing more than a mess. I still hate Goh because he is annoying me. The only reason i watched these last two episodes was because of Korrina otherwise i don't care about it just like Yu-Gi-Oh ARC-V once again. And an overfocused slice of life cast with nothing more than bad ideas and retcons. Not to mention it's 100% filler.

food is food. the plot does suck. it's messy. but i will still watch and I'm caught up in all the episodes. so when i got nothing to do i watch the newest eps. This season should be renamed to "Pokemon Fillers"

Floyd said:

It's strange that Ash let Lucario take hits from three Pokemon tho. Lucario must be really strong (as pre-Mega even) because tanking that much is quite reckless lol

right! that's what I'm saying. all super effective too. Lucario def has a secret ability sturdy/ or > power of friendship.
Nov 1, 2021 2:25 PM

Oct 2013
I have genuinely no idea why people who complain about fillers are watching this. Jesus, Pokémon was ALWAYS like this. It's a kid's cartoon where a single season goes on for years, what the fuck do you expect?
Sep 27, 2022 1:37 PM
Feb 2018
I hope i'll give the next ep a 5, cuz this really setup something great
Oct 3, 2022 8:51 PM

Jan 2020
Ash just hates using type advantage, eh? I'd think Dragonite could sweep most of Bea's team.

I mean, his strategy of letting Lucario tank hits isn't getting him anywhere anyway.

"...Is your mother worried? Would you like us to assign someone to worry your mother?"

Nov 23, 2022 8:53 PM

Jul 2020
Amazing start to the battle. They have had to showcase all of their Pokemon already to test each other out. And Ash demonstrated his bond with Lucario choosing not to mega evolve.
Jan 4, 2023 11:56 AM

Aug 2016
Stardust2011 said:

Bro said this like XY wasn't just the same shit every single episode, at least they're changing it up now.
Aug 2, 2023 1:36 PM

Dec 2007
felt that the start of the episode was kind of forced, so the battle will be 2-episodes. but never the less, i had been waiting for this.

and again as with volkner battle, it feels as more battles from the games rather than anime one. of course with ash creativity lol. either way i just love it.

why is bea dub is so mature voice? oish.
vv1 said:
okay so outside of competition you can use all Dynamax , mega and Z moves but not in a competition. Rules sucks. Bummer. Wanted Ash to use them all!
Mega Lucario+ Z fighting move , Chonky Pika Dynamax
while it's exactly my thoughts, they couldn't went too far from the games. even in sun and moon game you cannot make pokemon mega evolved (that's sound so digimonish saying like that lol) make a z-move. basically because of the 1-item per pokemon limit.
it would be fanservice as hell if in the anime they would just go as far and wide to make pokemon mega evolution and dynamax with a z-move. but that's just would be too badass. so i can only imagine it.
vv1 said:
right! that's what I'm saying. all super effective too. Lucario def has a secret ability sturdy/ or > power of friendship.

game wise mechanics, if one pokemon is 20 levels higher than other one that is weak too, he will suffer, but not too much. this is just the anime adapting the level system in a free way. ash's pokemon were always higher levels in most of his battles over the anime, as his pokemon can suffer a lot of hits, but take down the enemy in one move.
check out swellow and pikachu battle in advance battle season against the psychic gym. pikachu and swellow suffering from so many hits, and they are still not fainting. while the only reason ash doesn't win easily is because he cannot land clean powerful move.
same with frogedier and telonflame (?) battle gym in XY against the psychic type.
it doesn't really make sense game wise, but that's just how the anime adapting it.
User-NameAug 2, 2023 1:49 PM

More topics from this board

Poll: » Pokemon (2019) Episode 5 Discussion

Ri22rk - Dec 15, 2019

36 by Hilskuuu »»
Apr 21, 9:11 AM

Poll: » Pokemon (2019) Episode 7 Discussion

Ri22rk - Dec 29, 2019

45 by leanrv »»
Mar 22, 6:17 AM

Poll: » Pokemon (2019) Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Ri22rk - Dec 22, 2019

51 by leanrv »»
Mar 19, 5:09 PM

Poll: » Pokemon (2019) Episode 136 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ChirekachiMizu - Dec 16, 2022

60 by Nerdason »»
Mar 17, 9:46 PM

Poll: » Pokemon (2019) Episode 135 Discussion

FlyingDunsparce - Dec 9, 2022

20 by Nerdason »»
Mar 17, 9:03 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.