Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Oct 28, 2021 9:33 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
It doesn't matter what status Bojji is, he is still a kid at heart and feels human emotions. Something I do find interesting is his bond with a lizard.

Screw Daida. The more I see that brat, the more I dislike his character. Then again, it's the type of personalities I'd expect from these royal characters.
Oct 28, 2021 9:35 AM

Nov 2007
tsubasaloverOct 28, 2021 10:20 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Oct 28, 2021 10:51 AM

Jul 2017
The desperation of Hiling aiming to recover Bojji, while Kage faces off against Bebin.

King Bosse is dead, and in comes the Devil's manifestation, and the next in line is Prince Bojji. Daida of course isn't pleased, but from the Magic Mirror, this is just the start of the Keikaku. I'd not be surprised by the internal coup d'etat of opposing Bojji's place as the true king, and even with Hiling (their mother and Queen) at the helm, it's clear as day they thought otherwise.

Daida will stop at nothing to exile the people whom vetoed against him (Apeas and Sandeo), he's a ruthless royal (that Bebin unfortunately lost ot Apeas). Bojji in the other hand, seeks out Kage who's been caught by Daida's right-hand man Bebin and tortured like the Shadow Clan origins he came from. For their own mother to service Daida, I just find that very jarring, although she is concerned about their growth as well.

Bojji has most certainly been pushed to his limits, and escape he must to find Kage on this "journey". He survived that few foot-long drop, that's for sure, and as is with the episode opener, his mother has been doing all the "mana inhalation" healing magic work that draws a side effect to her body. Their first impressions of days though, that's totally another story.

Hiling allows Bojji to go on the journey, but not without Domas and this new recruit servant Hokuro. The child's kiss to a mother is so lovely though, but that signals the start of the brothers' feud outside the kingdom walls.

A pretty informative episode, and this is getting better.
Oct 28, 2021 11:04 AM
Sep 2015
Even not a big impact like ep 1 and 2, this episode shows many dimensions of characters, it's really too early to judge who's good or bad. The pace is fast. The action is high quality. The universe is expanding, what's that demon? Is the previous King made a deal with demon to gain a power in exchange for his life shorten? Many interesting characters, the big blinded snake, the healing power, there's no boring moment in this episode.
Oct 28, 2021 11:07 AM
May 2018
Our fantasy world is opening up..

We got healing magic, magic advising mirrors, sentient giant snakes, and whatever it is that came out of the King's body.

Nice background on the Queen, so she's not just some evil stepmom.

The trailers showed Bojji going to multiple places, so I expected him to go on a journey. I was surprised that he got separated from Kage already, though.
Oct 28, 2021 11:09 AM

Nov 2016
Queen tearing apart the writing was a Cersei moment xD

But Hiling cares for Boji in a loving mother way. Surprising on one hand, but also somewhat expected (especially for those who understand sign language) since there's more to every character than meets the eye.

Really sweet flashback and kiss scene :3

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Oct 28, 2021 11:14 AM

Feb 2017
Really interesting episode! Lots of interesting developments. A lot of things I assumed and expected turned out to be wrong or got more complex. The main thing was the mother. I wholly assumed she was an evil stepmother type of character but it turned to be completely opposite even if she supported her own son for the throne despite King's will (though after seeing that devil even I would be doubtful).

That devil creature was quite a surprise as well. Wonder what's that all about and I certainly didn't expect the King to die that early.

Things got a lot more interesting in this episode. Can't wait to see where it's going now that they've officially embarked on the journey and that that evil prince Daida became a king.
Oct 28, 2021 11:18 AM
Oct 2016
This definitely feels like the real start of the story while the first two episodes were a prologue setting everything up. I have so many questions now. What was that devil creature that popped out of the dead King's mouth? Why is the queen giving off such mixed signals? Why was she healing Bojji over and over? If she cares about Bojji so much why would she let Daida become king? And why has she treated him badly in the previous episodes? What's her end goal in all of this? Where did Kage go?!?!

The beginning of the episode was very sad with the king dying. Bojji really got a triple whammy with his dad dying, his rightful throne being taken from him, and his only actual friend being sent away. When Bojji was looking desperately for Kage that made me sad, he just wanted his friend back after those words Kage said at the end of last episode. That giant giant was so cool, we saw later in the flashbacks that Bojji saved his life so it makes sense the giant snake is indebted to Bojji. Meeting someone else whom cares for Bojji will always make me happy.

Speaking of the flashbacks they were very sweet. Its nice seeing the queen act like not, for lack of a better term, such a cold hearted bitch. We've only seen her act cruelty to Bojji thus far but this episode did show a different side to her. Which makes me confused and not understanding the mixed signals she's giving off. Now that Daida has the crown he's gotten even more ruthless and power hungry. Ordering those whom didn't vote for him killed. Luckily the spear of the king Apeas killed the snake wrangler Bebin and not the other way around. Apeas seems to be in Bojji corner wanting him to become king so he's ok in my book.

Now Bojji has set off on his adventure, I hope things go well that the spineless bastard Domas doesn't try anything. At least Hokuro is with Bojji so he has a friend. That feeling the queen got as Bojji left might be a bad omen but we'll see.
Oct 28, 2021 11:18 AM
Jun 2020
Oh man the goat show doing goated shit as expected
Oct 28, 2021 11:25 AM

Nov 2011
Damn dude, damn this fucking episode hit me in the feels.
it's so hard to determine who is good and who is bad in this anime but I feel like this episode cleared some things up.
The Queen definitly has Bojji's back because she let's him go on the adventure and she has the flashbacks on when she tried to gain his trust. Which is a surprise to me because by her character design she's a bitch. So I like her a lot.

I actually trust Bebin more then I do Doma if that makes sense. Bebin has a good connection with the Three headed snake that Bojji also has a good connection with as well. I feel like Bebin and Kage are working together. IE Bein was taken by Kage when we thought he was dead.

I dont trust Doma at all atm. He seemed to be giving Bojji shit for a while and the fact he didn't want him to be King made him even more sus.

Oh and WTF was up with the Devil coming out of the King? It seemed like he did not want to be apart of Bojji being the new king. As the devil laughed and then disappeared. Very confusing.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Sep 2017
A more light-hearted episode this time, but it was still excellent

Loved how was portrayed the relationship between Hiling and Bojji, the flashback was especially touching
(too bad the episode ended with a cliffhanger, something bad is going to happen to her)

Also interesting to see there's a magic system in this world

Jan 2020
Another great episode with really wholesome moments, and now it looks like we're getting into some plot progression and mystery with that devil popping out of nowhere lol. Glad they rearranged these events, because the manga took away that mystery. 9/10 episode
Oct 28, 2021 11:34 AM

Feb 2018
Dukino said:
This definitely feels like the real start of the story while the first two episodes were a prologue setting everything up. I have so many questions now. What was that devil creature that popped out of the dead King's mouth? Why is the queen giving off such mixed signals? Why was she healing Bojji over and over? If she cares about Bojji so much why would she let Daida become king? And why has she treated him badly in the previous episodes? What's her end goal in all of this? Where did Kage go?!?!

The beginning of the episode was very sad with the king dying. Bojji really got a triple whammy with his dad dying, his rightful throne being taken from him, and his only actual friend being sent away. When Bojji was looking desperately for Kage that made me sad, he just wanted his friend back after those words Kage said at the end of last episode. That giant giant was so cool, we saw later in the flashbacks that Bojji saved his life so it makes sense the giant snake is indebted to Bojji. Meeting someone else whom cares for Bojji will always make me happy.

Speaking of the flashbacks they were very sweet. Its nice seeing the queen act like not, for lack of a better term, such a cold hearted bitch. We've only seen her act cruelty to Bojji thus far but this episode did show a different side to her. Which makes me confused and not understanding the mixed signals she's giving off. Now that Daida has the crown he's gotten even more ruthless and power hungry. Ordering those whom didn't vote for him killed. Luckily the spear of the king Apeas killed the snake wrangler Bebin and not the other way around. Apeas seems to be in Bojji corner wanting him to become king so he's ok in my book.

Now Bojji has set off on his adventure, I hope things go well that the spineless bastard Domas doesn't try anything. At least Hokuro is with Bojji so he has a friend. That feeling the queen got as Bojji left might be a bad omen but we'll see.

There were always signs. She knew the sign language(was in ep 1 too). Why will she take such an effort if she didn't care about Bojji at all? Plus, she has decided that Bojji is someone who can't do anything and needs to be just protected, whenever he tries to do something, she gets irritated. Even in ep 1 and 2, she didn't target bojji directly, it was bojjis actions which she can't understand and got irritated. That, and she loves her own son too. She cares about Bojji doesn't mean she doesn't love her son.

But she has realized what she is doing in this episode and seems like she wants to change... just a little.

That's what I understand from her character.

Another Take:
She is a queen stepmother who tried to connect with Bojji in the beginning, even becoming proficient in sign language from this ep. Naturally as a mother and queen would, she favored her own and what she thought was best for the kingdom.
shubh_jain_2Oct 28, 2021 11:42 AM
'I have no bonds tying me down. That's why I can see things as they are!!' - Yugami
Oct 28, 2021 11:40 AM
Apr 2018
The shot when the Devil came out gave me cinema vibes. Really gooooood.
Oct 28, 2021 11:50 AM
Jul 2019
Such a nice twist on the typical evil stepmom trope and her being willing to jump out the window to save Bojji, is just telling how much she still cares. Excited to see were Bojji is going and what Kage is up to
Oct 28, 2021 11:54 AM

Feb 2018
A fantastic episode as usual.

Just felt first half to be way too fast-paced... everything happened too quickly, but the 2nd half did pack the punch.

I didn't like the OP at all at ep 1, but just 3 episodes in it has already started to grow on me.
'I have no bonds tying me down. That's why I can see things as they are!!' - Yugami
Oct 28, 2021 11:56 AM

Jul 2011
King Bosse had a good eye choosing his queens. Something rare to happen twice.

Boji have some great connections to backing him up.
Apeas is basically Sephiroth with a lance.And that move was straight out of a kung-fu movie.

Seeing how Queen Hiling care about Boji, I wouldn't doubt that she had Daida to spare Boji pure heart from the horrible world. Seeing in the first 2 episode, is clear that Boji pure heart is his strong point and biggest flaw.And after seeing a devil would make sense
That ripping the clothes to focus magic energy won my heart.

And now Boji is traveling with someone that will probably try to kill him. Just great luck.
Oct 28, 2021 11:58 AM

May 2021
Great episode! This show keeps on getting better. The king is dead and though his will was for Boji to become king, the Queen holds a vote for who should be king and Daida wins…
That devil that emerges from the king’s body is really scary and it also seems like Daida has a magic mirror also…
The big snake creature informs Boji that Kage is safe and he has been sent on a special mission but he can’t reveal anything else due to his master Bebin’s orders.
I’m also very happy there are people who root for Boji.

Looking forward to the next episode!
AISHITERU...REM!
Oct 28, 2021 12:03 PM
Feb 2021
This anime will be something special when it’s over
Oct 28, 2021 12:16 PM

Aug 2016
I feel like a fool, because I was ready to hate Bebin and the queen from the getgo. Both were set up as simple one dimensional bad guy characters, but with this episode, we not only see a good side to the queen with that beautiful flashback, having Bebin not only help Kage leave, but also willingly lose the fight against one of the people that the new king wanted dead, shows that his goal is a lot different from what I had expected (especially considering that the seemingly nice Domas also played his cards against Bojji). I want to learn more about this world, Bojji and the others and see Bojji grow to become the king that he is meant to be.
Oct 28, 2021 12:19 PM

Jul 2016
Lots of interesting things happened in this episode,good set up for the journey that Boji is gonna undertake.

I definitely didn't expect the king to die this early plus Kage being sent away already,these twists definitely surprised me.

Queen Hiling caring for Boiji is very sweet,i'm glad she cares for him deep down.The kiss at the end was definitely the cherry on top after the very wholesome flashback.

The bad premontiion the queen had towards the end is ominous to say the very least.
Oct 28, 2021 12:52 PM
Oct 2021
That was so precious! What ever reason you have or can think of to hate on this show just makes you seem evil…
Oct 28, 2021 12:56 PM
Jun 2013
What a gem! I hope this show keeps going on forever. Simple but beautiful animation, interesting characters, magic and strange beings, dark themes and blood in what looks like a kids show! I'd love to see Bojji grow up over the years.
Oct 28, 2021 12:57 PM

Nov 2013
Queen is the MVP!

That demon coming out of the king... I assume the king sealed him inside himself, hence why he died. Maybe he expected the demon to die with him? (since he didn't seem worry about that).

I guess the demon will one day return and Bojji will save the day.

Daida wants to be king Joffrey? :D I think it's pretty obvious he wants Bojji assassinated on this journey.

I'm sure Bebin will survive.
Oct 28, 2021 12:58 PM

Aug 2009
A lot was covered in this episode so the pacing may be a bit weird but I still enjoyed it. Looking forward to finally going on an adventure!
Oct 28, 2021 1:02 PM

Feb 2018
Dope-Boy said:
A lot was covered in this episode so the pacing may be a bit weird but I still enjoyed it. Looking forward to finally going on an adventure!

Its kind of weird that I liked this episode inspite of such pacing. Normally such pacing destroys an anime. Still I think it would have been better to keep a slow pacing.
Oct 28, 2021 1:10 PM

Aug 2009
shubh_jain_2 said:
Dope-Boy said:

Its kind of weird that I liked this episode inspite of such pacing. Normally such pacing destroys an anime. Still I think it would have been better to keep a slow pacing.

They have covered approximately 17 chapters in 3 episodes so it's not too bad I guess
Oct 28, 2021 1:22 PM

Feb 2018
Dope-Boy said:
shubh_jain_2 said:

They have covered approximately 17 chapters in 3 episodes so it's not too bad I guess

The pacing of the first 2 episodes was fine, only this episode was too fast-paced. Too many events in this episode.
And they have skipped some content for now at least. Don't know whether all of that will be shown later but that's fine as it is.

I just hoped that they could have expanded on certain parts like King dying, the frustration Bojji feels on not being king, etc... Those events went by way too fast.
shubh_jain_2Oct 28, 2021 1:26 PM
Oct 28, 2021 1:25 PM
May 2015
Aww, it's nice to see a step-mother Queen who actually loves her step son! That kiss he gave her was so sweet
My candies:

Bonus candies:
Oct 28, 2021 1:26 PM
Apr 2020
damn this anime is gonna be a banger and probs one of my top 5 animes if it keeps going like this.
Oct 28, 2021 1:27 PM
Apr 2021
Good ep, the moments with his mother where pretty cute.
Although I am not a fan of them cutting a good amount of the WN, like the background of the Kings death and the reason the devil appeared after.
Oct 28, 2021 1:35 PM

Jan 2015
Ugh I love this series so much. The demon at the start of the episode, I didn’t expect that. Also that hydra snake! Wow.

Bojji after all didn’t become a king, but it looks like it was a mistake. Also, Hijin is a good queen, I like her. The flashback was so heartwarming it managed to made me tear for no reason.

Apeas agains Bebin was also very well animated. RIP boris.
XenocrisiOct 28, 2021 1:38 PM
Oct 28, 2021 1:45 PM

Jul 2017
This episode definitely is the weakest among the 3 so far, felt a bit too fast for my liking with a sort of static nature throughout. Wasn't consistently entertaining either from start to finish but the good does outweigh the lackluster. It is nice to see Bojji get his chance to go off on his journey and we got to see Queen Hiling showing that there's more to her feelings for her kid despite her being the leading force basically to keep him off the throne and give it to Daida despite Bojji being the one who should have been the King.

This now feels like the start of the series and this could go so many ways, I'm hoping the journey here goes in interesting and exciting directions cause there's a lot of potential there. Visuals, voice acting and music were still really good despite my mixed feelings for the pacing and enjoyment in the episode itself. Hoping for some good worldbuilding too along the way. Daida's the King but man he's already showing some signs that the Kingdom's not going to be run smoothly through him.
animejasOct 28, 2021 1:55 PM
Oct 28, 2021 2:06 PM

Nov 2009
bojji is adorbss.
Oct 28, 2021 2:19 PM
Jul 2018
The main character is the most pathetic I’ve seen in a long while. So much emotional manipulation and just flat out awful writing. I don’t understand why people are raving about this show.

But given how most of anime is like this, I’m honestly not surprised.
Oct 28, 2021 2:40 PM
Oct 2021
Dope-Boy said:
shubh_jain_2 said:

They're rearranging the order of some events, so they are adapting some later chapters now and other chapters later. This also happened with Vinland Saga. For example, chapter 1 of Vinland Saga was adapted in episode 7.
Oct 28, 2021 2:43 PM
Jul 2009
Donghualover33 said:
The main character is the most pathetic I’ve seen in a long while. So much emotional manipulation and just flat out awful writing. I don’t understand why people are raving about this show.

Lol, coming to MAL just to hate on anime, how sad and edgelord-like. Troll a little bit better would you? Are most donghua fans cringy like you? If they are, I'm glad I never watched it.
Koshi_InabaOct 28, 2021 2:58 PM
Oct 28, 2021 2:47 PM
Apr 2021
Donghualover33 said:

Can you atleast be cringe on your main?
Oct 28, 2021 2:48 PM

May 2019
the queen is good person !! he just want to protect bojji from difficult responsibility, and the devil looks so mysterious !!
Oct 28, 2021 3:03 PM
Jul 2018
Koshi_Inaba said:
Donghualover33 said:

Lol, coming to MAL just to hate on anime, how sad and edgelord-like. Troll a little bit better would you? Are most donghua fans cringy like you? If they are, I'm glad I never watched it.

Having a differing opinion equals trolling now? Gotcha.

It’s fine for you to like the show, I don’t think of you as a lesser person for enjoying it. Some of us have issues with it though. And no, I didn’t come here to hate on anime. Name me one site out there that has Chinese animation that you can rank and stuff. Plus Ghibi films are pretty good imo
Oct 28, 2021 3:12 PM
Jul 2018
This plot is very good, but also something interesting that Boiji decided to go on a journey must be something good for him meets Kage.
Oct 28, 2021 3:34 PM

Nov 2015
i'm super worried abt where Kage was sent, he's literally MVP of this anime along with Bojji, i'm definitely missing him

great episode overall, same quality as the other two, Bojji is so cute my heart hurts... 10/10 so far
Oct 28, 2021 3:40 PM
May 2019
This is been my favorite series so far. The reason it's that I can't really hate or love fully any character (except Daida, that brat).
Oct 28, 2021 3:48 PM

Sep 2018
Another episode, another Bojji cryfest ffs. They REALLY want you to feel emotion for this idiot don't they? Emotional manipulation is spot on tbh, referencing a poster here.

Gotta say though, I liked the small development in terms of the Queen and Bebin's case is also curious.
Oct 28, 2021 3:52 PM
Jul 2009
GakutoDeathGlare said:
Another episode, another Bojji cryfest ffs. They REALLY want you to feel emotion for this idiot don't they? Emotional manipulation is spot on tbh, referencing a poster here.

Gotta say though, I liked the small development in terms of the Queen and Bebin's case is also curious.

Another week, another edgelord post from the user with the edgiest username possible. Never change, MAL.
Oct 28, 2021 3:55 PM

Sep 2018
Koshi_Inaba said:
GakutoDeathGlare said:

Another week, another edgelord post from the user with the edgiest username possible. Never change, MAL.
"H-how dare you not like everything about this anime!" I-I-If you don't c-cry to this, t-t-then you're just an e-edgelord!!" *wimper*

LOL, do you hear yourself right now? I even praised this anime this week lol
Oct 28, 2021 3:58 PM

Sep 2012
GakutoDeathGlare said:

Fast, fast go make another thread how world is unfair and bad anime for u has high score or any other of ur crap
Oct 28, 2021 3:59 PM

Apr 2021
Meh, this show still isn't really doing anything for me yet. Feels like a 2nd rate Disney film
Oct 28, 2021 4:01 PM

Sep 2018
Sairentou said:
GakutoDeathGlare said:

Fast, fast go make another thread how world is unfair and bad anime for u has high score or any other of ur crap
Ah, no, I don't think I will this week. Nothing of significance bugged me, except things that were already prevalent throughout the anime so far. I even praised this weeks episode, yet let's just turn a blind eye on that though lmao...

Also, never called the anime bad, another one who loves putting words into people's mouths.
Oct 28, 2021 4:02 PM

May 2018
Donghualover33 said:
Gabriel_Gaming said:
Can you atleast be cringe on your main?

Am i not allowed to dislike this show?

You joined today and your name is litreally donguhalover, gtfo
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ousama Ranking Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2022

229 by PrimeX »»
Apr 21, 6:52 AM

Poll: » Ousama Ranking Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 17, 2022

223 by PrimeX »»
Apr 21, 5:40 AM

Poll: » Ousama Ranking Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 10, 2022

177 by PrimeX »»
Apr 21, 12:42 AM

Poll: » Ousama Ranking Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 3, 2022

107 by PrimeX »»
Apr 20, 5:46 PM

Poll: » Ousama Ranking Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 24, 2022

115 by PrimeX »»
Apr 20, 10:29 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.