Forum Settings
Forums

Light Novel 'Isekai Shoukan wa Nidome desu' Gets TV Anime

New
Oct 27, 2021 9:20 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
Novelist Kazuha Kishimoto announced a television anime adaptation of their Isekai Shoukan wa Nidome desu (Summoned to Another World... Again?!) light novel on Twitter on Wednesday.

Synopsis
There was once a man who was summoned to another world, and saved it. Of course, he became too popular there, and turned into an isekai-normie. However, that man fell into a "trap" and was forcibly returned to his original world. Moreover, he had to start over as a baby!

This is the story of the way-too-fantastic ex-hero who lived as a gloomy high-schooler, as he gets summoned once again to that same other world in a very unexpected development! (Source: Coolmic, edited)

Kishimoto pennned the comedy fantasy novel on the Shousetsuka ni Narou website from March 2015 to December 2016, followed by nine epilogue chapters between February 2017 and last October. Futabasha began printing the series under its Monster Bunko imprint with illustrations by 40-hara (Iya na Kao sare nagara Opantsu Misete Moraitai) in October 2015 and released the fifth and final volume in July 2017.

Arashiyama began drawing a manga adaptation on the Monster Comics website under the Web Comic Action portal in June 2018. Futabasha shipped the sixth volume on June 29. The seventh volume is scheduled for a December 28 release, which includes the anime announcement on its wraparound band (pictured).

Novel special site: https://gaugau.futabanet.jp/list/work/5dce9a157765614651010000

Source: Kazuha Kishimoto on Twitter

Isekai Shoukan wa Nidome desu on MAL
VindstotAug 9, 2022 10:14 PM

Oct 27, 2021 9:33 PM

Sep 2021
Pretty funny light novel read it a while ago looking forward to it
The most dangerous irony is, people are angry with others because of their own incompetence
Oct 27, 2021 10:00 PM
Dec 2017
oh look another neetaku isekai being adapted moving on.

Oct 27, 2021 11:18 PM
Jan 2020
Typical MAL moment
Oct 27, 2021 11:55 PM

Feb 2019
The trash will remain trash.
Oct 28, 2021 2:32 AM

Oct 2017
Seems quite interesting.
Oct 28, 2021 6:04 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Okay I LOVE the sound of this LMFAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Definitely checking this one out when it drops because man....I'd be so pissed if I got isekai'd became a popular hero by saving the world, only to get forced back to my original world but as a damn baby LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
Oct 28, 2021 7:11 AM

Sep 2013
Only 5 LN volumes but it has a manga, nice.
Hopefully this is a full adaptation and they also animate other short isekai.
Oct 28, 2021 8:12 AM

Feb 2019
"Look everyone, it's another Isekai where the twist is... wait for it... making fun of Isekai! Isn't that so wacky and original?"

Who even thinks this is still clever? This one can piss off just like the rest of the genre.
Well I for one already loved Lain.
Oct 28, 2021 8:23 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Thigh_Tide said:
"Look everyone, it's another Isekai where the twist is... wait for it... making fun of Isekai! Isn't that so wacky and original?"

Who even thinks this is still clever? This one can piss off just like the rest of the genre.
This but in idol anime
Oct 28, 2021 8:49 AM

May 2020
I'll watch it either way, so no trashing.
Oct 28, 2021 11:27 AM

Mar 2020
Another isekai another thing to watch and another thread to enjoy
Oct 28, 2021 12:51 PM

May 2008
Tokoya said:
Thigh_Tide said:

This but in idol anime

At least Idol anime have some good and unique one. But Isekai? So far i may only can say 1 Isekai that actually good in the last 10 year.And it's Honzuki. why? Cuz that one have Female MC and it's not trash harem ecchi like almost all the trash isekai.
Oct 28, 2021 12:53 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Haou-Judai said:
Tokoya said:
This but in idol anime

At least Idol anime have some good and unique one. But Isekai? So far i may only can say 1 Isekai that actually good in the last 10 year.And it's Honzuki. why? Cuz that one have Female MC and it's not trash harem ecchi like almost all the trash isekai.
Yes, this statement isn't sexist and biased at all lol
Oct 28, 2021 12:55 PM

May 2008
Tokoya said:
Haou-Judai said:

Why it's sexist? I like Honzuki cuz it don't have any ecchi or pointless fanservice.
Oct 28, 2021 1:01 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Haou-Judai said:
Tokoya said:

Why it's sexist? I like Honzuki cuz it don't have any ecchi or pointless fanservice.
So we just gonna pretend that you didn't lead with "Cus it has a female MC"? LMFAO, your profile doesn't help your case here either xD
Oct 28, 2021 1:11 PM

May 2008
Tokoya said:
Haou-Judai said:

So we just gonna pretend that you didn't lead with "Cus it has a female MC"? LMFAO, your profile doesn't help your case here either xD

"Cus it has a female MC" mean less chance to be trash harem. Also Honzuki have really great world building.

And whats wrong with my profile? At least my profile is not look like Newbie anime fan who almost only watch overated shounen fights. Atually funny you don't have singel favorite female character.
Oct 28, 2021 1:18 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Haou-Judai said:
Tokoya said:

"Cus it has a female MC" mean less chance to be trash harem. Also Honzuki have really great world building.

And whats wrong with my profile? At least my profile is not look like Newbie anime fan who almost only watch overated shounen fights. Atually funny you don't have singel favorite female character.
Oh, if you're referring to the gifs on my profile, the only ones on there that are shounen are from Naruto (A series that a lot of millennial anime fans in the west like myself either grew up watching or reading - And even then, they're just gifs of my favorite character/one of my favorite anime characters in general - Itachi Uchiha), Attack on Titan (This one was mostly just a PS4 vs Xbone meme lol but Titan isn't really shounen-like for the most part) and then Akame ga Kill (This isn't overrated or popular in the slightest LOL), but hey, when all ya know is Yuri and CGDCT, I suppose I shouldn't be surprised that this was your assessment xD

But as for yourself, you're just dripping in yuri/female only sauce lol....Having a female or a male lead doesn't and will never make an anime great just off of that fact alone
TokoyaOct 28, 2021 1:27 PM
Oct 28, 2021 1:51 PM

May 2008
Tokoya said:
Haou-Judai said:

Oh, if you're referring to the gifs on my profile, the only ones on there that are shounen are from Naruto (A series that a lot of millennial anime fans in the west like myself either grew up watching or reading - And even then, they're just gifs of my favorite character/one of my favorite anime characters in general - Itachi Uchiha), Attack on Titan (This one was mostly just a PS4 vs Xbone meme lol but Titan isn't really shounen-like for the most part) and then Akame ga Kill (This isn't overrated or popular in the slightest LOL), but hey, when all ya know is Yuri and CGDCT, I suppose I shouldn't be surprised that this was your assessment xD

But as for yourself, you're just dripping in yuri/female only sauce lol....Having a female or a male lead doesn't and will never make an anime great just off of that fact alone

I talk abouth your favorite list not your shitty gif's.

Yea Bakugo, Son gohan, Killua, Roy, Ace, Satoru and Byakuya totaly not from a Shounen fight.
At least don't try to lie man.

Also i not only watch Yuri and CGDCT. Did you even watched my list? I like all kind of stuff. like Mecha, Rom-coms, Comedy and sports. And yea i like Yuri. Whats the problem with that?

Having a Female or Male lead pretty much can be important. But what can i say... you call me sexist when you the one who watch trash harem ecchis.... so ironic.
Oct 28, 2021 3:25 PM

May 2008
Tokoya said:
What matters is how the protagonist is WRITTEN

You also need a good story bro.

Of course there is lot of good Male MC like Setuna from Gundam 00, Hikki from Oregairu or Kaiji from Kaiji. But those are not isekai series. If we talk abouth modern Isekai series most of them are horrible Ecchi harem. And why we get that? Cuz the MC is Male. (horribile writed self insert male character) If the MC is female then it's less chance for that.

Still don't understand why i the sexist when you have DXD trash gif in your Profile.
Oct 28, 2021 5:20 PM

Jan 2008
Why do some people just come here to complaint about Isekai? Why do you think all these studios keep making more?

Supply and demand, my friends.
Oct 29, 2021 6:20 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Haou-Judai said:
Tokoya said:
What matters is how the protagonist is WRITTEN

You also need a good story bro.

Of course there is lot of good Male MC like Setuna from Gundam 00, Hikki from Oregairu or Kaiji from Kaiji. But those are not isekai series. If we talk abouth modern Isekai series most of them are horrible Ecchi harem. And why we get that? Cuz the MC is Male. (horribile writed self insert male character) If the MC is female then it's less chance for that.

Still don't understand why i the sexist when you have DXD trash gif in your Profile.
Gender doesn't matter in the slightest, also you said that there is no good isekai and I can name at least 10 to you right now lol

But in regards to the last thing you said, having Rias on my profile doesn't make me a sexist....I could understand if you say I'm a misogynist since you can probably reach and say that I'm objectifying her on my profile, but regardless, Rias is the waifu and I love her to death, so nah :)
Oct 29, 2021 7:36 AM

May 2008
-khriz- said:
Why do some people just come here to complaint about Isekai? Why do you think all these studios keep making more?

Supply and demand, my friends.

Because they can sell those for all those "basement living no life otaku's". All they need to make self insert character with lot of generic female character type. And they buy it. Dosen't metter if the story is bad or not.
Oct 29, 2021 7:40 AM

May 2008
Tokoya said:
Gender doesn't matter in the slightest, also you said that there is no good isekai and I can name at least 10 to you right now lol

But in regards to the last thing you said, having Rias on my profile doesn't make me a sexist....I could understand if you say I'm a misogynist since you can probably reach and say that I'm objectifying her on my profile, but regardless, Rias is the waifu and I love her to death, so nah :)

Let's try. Name me 10 Isekai that not a Harem ecchi trash with the same random guy becoming a hero generic story. And they also need to be good. (also it need to be from this era)
Oct 29, 2021 8:05 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Haou-Judai said:
Tokoya said:

Let's try. Name me 10 Isekai that not a Harem ecchi trash with the same random guy becoming a hero generic story. And they also need to be good. (also it need to be from this era)
Harems and Ecchi series aren't factually trash, the Monogatari series is a prime example of how both genres can be great....But to name the isekai ones from the past 10 years that are good:

KonoSuba
Overlord
Grimgar
Mushoku Tensei
That Time I Got Reincarnated As a Slime
No Game No Life
Youjo Senki
Re:Zero
Log Horizon
Hataraku Maou-Sama

I could go on and mention even more like Shield Hero, Gate, Re:Creators (This one is a reverse isekai) and from this current season, both The Faraway Paladin and World's Greatest Assassin are shaping up to be nice additions to the genre too
TokoyaOct 29, 2021 8:10 AM
Oct 29, 2021 9:08 AM

Nov 2013
When is it gonna end Robbie?
I'm too weird to live but much too rare to die.

Oct 29, 2021 10:03 PM

May 2008
Tokoya said:
Harems and Ecchi series aren't factually trash, the Monogatari series is a prime example of how both genres can be great....

There is some example. Mostly old rare animes like DNA2. That also a good Harems and Ecchi. As for Monogatari that case is bit different. That series unique. It's not typical Harem Ecchi where the loser mc guy have all the good girl. Alos i don't hate those genres if they are separated. For example Clannad is a good Harem. And Cross ange is good ecchi.

But but combination of Harem , ecchi and isekai is hardly be any good series.

Tokoya said:

But to name the isekai ones from the past 10 years that are good:

KonoSuba
Overlord
Grimgar
Mushoku Tensei
No Game No Life
Youjo Senki
Log Horizon
Hataraku Maou-Sama

I could go on and mention even more like Shield Hero, Gate, Re:Creators (This one is a reverse isekai) and from this current season, both The Faraway Paladin and World's Greatest Assassin are shaping up to be nice additions to the genre too

I can take Hataraku Maou-Sama, That was really good. But that one is reverse Isekai. (And i also enjoyed Gate too)
Re:Creators, No Game No Life and Log Horizon is so-so category.

Konosuba is more like comedy than a real isekai.

Re:Zero and Mushoku Tensei is harem... and defenetly not a good one.

I can't say anything for the rest.

I admit those i better than what i expect for you.

(BTW As for Grimgar isn't that series i hated by people because it was fucking boring?)
Oct 30, 2021 8:07 AM
Oct 2018
Haou-Judai said:
Because they can sell those for all those "basement living no life otaku's". All they need to make self insert character with lot of generic female character type. And they buy it. Dosen't metter if the story is bad or not.

Why so mad about no-life otakus supporting their favorite series? They are not doing anything wrong lol.
Oct 30, 2021 9:19 AM

Nov 2014
Synposis sounds pretty good. Depending on characters, especially protagonist being lame or not, it might be a fun one.
Oct 30, 2021 1:00 PM

Jul 2017
Have been hearing this novel on and off, and yeap.
Oct 31, 2021 9:16 AM

Jul 2019
I think it will be a good comedy!!!
Apaixonado por jogos e animes.
Nov 1, 2021 6:48 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Haou-Judai said:
Tokoya said:
Harems and Ecchi series aren't factually trash, the Monogatari series is a prime example of how both genres can be great....

There is some example. Mostly old rare animes like DNA2. That also a good Harems and Ecchi. As for Monogatari that case is bit different. That series unique. It's not typical Harem Ecchi where the loser mc guy have all the good girl. Alos i don't hate those genres if they are separated. For example Clannad is a good Harem. And Cross ange is good ecchi.

But but combination of Harem , ecchi and isekai is hardly be any good series.

Tokoya said:

But to name the isekai ones from the past 10 years that are good:

KonoSuba
Overlord
Grimgar
Mushoku Tensei
No Game No Life
Youjo Senki
Log Horizon
Hataraku Maou-Sama

I can take Hataraku Maou-Sama, That was really good. But that one is reverse Isekai. (And i also enjoyed Gate too)
Re:Creators, No Game No Life and Log Horizon is so-so category.

Konosuba is more like comedy than a real isekai.

Re:Zero and Mushoku Tensei is harem... and defenetly not a good one.

I can't say anything for the rest.

I admit those i better than what i expect for you.

(BTW As for Grimgar isn't that series i hated by people because it was fucking boring?)
What I will say about Grimgar is that it's one of the more realistic and human isekai out there and that's why I loved it so much....Most of the cliches that you'd find in it aren't there
Sep 16, 2022 11:41 PM
Oct 2014
Hoping this means the novel gets an English translation.
Sep 20, 2022 12:13 PM

Dec 2014
Oh boy another trashy power fantasy isekai to turn your brain off and enjoy.

Im hyped ngl

Sep 20, 2022 12:50 PM
Jun 2020
another trash isekai gets an anime trashy mc with a crazy trash yandere girl who likes mc cheap b movie villains and more nothing worth watching
Sep 20, 2022 4:33 PM
Dec 2017
oh for fucks sakes, more cancer trash dog shit thats basically being a stage v cancer patient getting gang raped with barbed wire.

More topics from this board

» 'Mahoutsukai no Yakusoku' Announces Production Staff, Cast

DatRandomDude - 3 hours ago

4 by Memore »»
20 minutes ago

» 'Maougun Saikyou no Majutsushi wa Ningen datta' Announces Supporting Cast

Hyperion_PS - 2 hours ago

0 by Hyperion_PS »»
2 hours ago

» 'Suki demo Kirai na Amanojaku' Reveals Additional Cast, Trailer

Hyperion_PS - 3 hours ago

1 by RobertBobert »»
2 hours ago

» Manga 'Ninja to Koroshiya no Futarigurashi' Gets Anime

Vindstot - Yesterday

30 by RobertBobert »»
3 hours ago

» Original Anime Movie 'A New Dawn' Announced for 2025

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

3 by Etherius_ZS »»
5 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.