Forum Settings
Forums

Light Novel 'Isekai Shoukan wa Nidome desu' Gets TV Anime

#1
Oct 27, 9:20 PM
News Team
Overkilled Red

Offline
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 6656
Novelist Kazuha Kishimoto announced a television anime adaptation of their Isekai Shoukan wa Nidome desu (Summoned to Another World... Again?!) light novel on Twitter on Wednesday.

Synopsis
There was once a man who was summoned to another world, and saved it. Of course, he became too popular there, and turned into an isekai-normie. However, that man fell into a "trap" and was forcibly returned to his original world. Moreover, he had to start over as a baby!

This is the story of the way-too-fantastic ex-hero who lived as a gloomy high-schooler, as he gets summoned once again to that same other world in a very unexpected development! (Source: Coolmic, edited)

Kishimoto pennned the comedy fantasy novel on the Shousetsuka ni Narou website from March 2015 to December 2016, followed by nine epilogue chapters between February 2017 and last October. Futabasha began printing the series under its Monster Bunko imprint in October 2015 and released the fifth and final volume in July 2017.

Arashiyama began drawing a manga adaptation on the Monster Comics website under the Web Comic Action portal in June 2018. Futabasha shipped the sixth volume on June 29. The seventh volume is scheduled for a December 28 release, which includes the anime announcement on its wraparound band (pictured).

Novel special site: https://gaugau.futabanet.jp/list/work/5dce9a157765614651010000

Source: Kazuha Kishimoto on Twitter

Isekai Shoukan wa Nidome desu on MAL
Modified by Vindstot, Oct 28, 6:21 PM

 
#2
Oct 27, 9:33 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2021
Posts: 101
Pretty funny light novel read it a while ago looking forward to it
The most dangerous irony is, people are angry with others because of their own incompetence
 
#3
Oct 27, 10:00 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2017
Posts: 15940
oh look another neetaku isekai being adapted moving on.
 
 
 
#5
Oct 27, 11:18 PM
Offline
Joined: Jan 2020
Posts: 481
Typical MAL moment
 
#6
Oct 27, 11:55 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2019
Posts: 540
The trash will remain trash.
 
#7
Oct 28, 2:32 AM

Online
Joined: Oct 2017
Posts: 12229
Seems quite interesting.
 
#8
Oct 28, 6:04 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 6102
Okay I LOVE the sound of this LMFAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Definitely checking this one out when it drops because man....I'd be so pissed if I got isekai'd became a popular hero by saving the world, only to get forced back to my original world but as a damn baby LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
 
#9
Oct 28, 7:11 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2013
Posts: 22737
Only 5 LN volumes but it has a manga, nice.
Hopefully this is a full adaptation and they also animate other short isekai.
 
 
Oct 28, 8:12 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2019
Posts: 1460
"Look everyone, it's another Isekai where the twist is... wait for it... making fun of Isekai! Isn't that so wacky and original?"

Who even thinks this is still clever? This one can piss off just like the rest of the genre.
 
 
Oct 28, 8:23 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 6102
Thigh_Tide said:
"Look everyone, it's another Isekai where the twist is... wait for it... making fun of Isekai! Isn't that so wacky and original?"

Who even thinks this is still clever? This one can piss off just like the rest of the genre.
This but in idol anime
 
Oct 28, 8:49 AM

Online
Joined: May 2020
Posts: 2459
I'll watch it either way, so no trashing.
 
Oct 28, 11:27 AM

Online
Joined: Mar 2020
Posts: 1298
Another isekai another thing to watch and another thread to enjoy
 
Oct 28, 12:51 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 927
Tokoya said:
Thigh_Tide said:
"Look everyone, it's another Isekai where the twist is... wait for it... making fun of Isekai! Isn't that so wacky and original?"

Who even thinks this is still clever? This one can piss off just like the rest of the genre.
This but in idol anime


At least Idol anime have some good and unique one. But Isekai? So far i may only can say 1 Isekai that actually good in the last 10 year.And it's Honzuki. why? Cuz that one have Female MC and it's not trash harem ecchi like almost all the trash isekai.
 
Oct 28, 12:53 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 6102
Haou-Judai said:
Tokoya said:
This but in idol anime


At least Idol anime have some good and unique one. But Isekai? So far i may only can say 1 Isekai that actually good in the last 10 year.And it's Honzuki. why? Cuz that one have Female MC and it's not trash harem ecchi like almost all the trash isekai.
Yes, this statement isn't sexist and biased at all lol
 
 
Oct 28, 12:55 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 927
Tokoya said:
Haou-Judai said:


At least Idol anime have some good and unique one. But Isekai? So far i may only can say 1 Isekai that actually good in the last 10 year.And it's Honzuki. why? Cuz that one have Female MC and it's not trash harem ecchi like almost all the trash isekai.
Yes, this statement isn't sexist and biased at all lol


Why it's sexist? I like Honzuki cuz it don't have any ecchi or pointless fanservice.
 
Oct 28, 1:01 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 6102
Haou-Judai said:
Tokoya said:
Yes, this statement isn't sexist and biased at all lol


Why it's sexist? I like Honzuki cuz it don't have any ecchi or pointless fanservice.
So we just gonna pretend that you didn't lead with "Cus it has a female MC"? LMFAO, your profile doesn't help your case here either xD
 
Oct 28, 1:11 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 927
Tokoya said:
Haou-Judai said:


Why it's sexist? I like Honzuki cuz it don't have any ecchi or pointless fanservice.
So we just gonna pretend that you didn't lead with "Cus it has a female MC"? LMFAO, your profile doesn't help your case here either xD


"Cus it has a female MC" mean less chance to be trash harem. Also Honzuki have really great world building.

And whats wrong with my profile? At least my profile is not look like Newbie anime fan who almost only watch overated shounen fights. Atually funny you don't have singel favorite female character.
 
Oct 28, 1:18 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 6102
Haou-Judai said:
Tokoya said:
So we just gonna pretend that you didn't lead with "Cus it has a female MC"? LMFAO, your profile doesn't help your case here either xD


"Cus it has a female MC" mean less chance to be trash harem. Also Honzuki have really great world building.

And whats wrong with my profile? At least my profile is not look like Newbie anime fan who almost only watch overated shounen fights. Atually funny you don't have singel favorite female character.
Oh, if you're referring to the gifs on my profile, the only ones on there that are shounen are from Naruto (A series that a lot of millennial anime fans in the west like myself either grew up watching or reading - And even then, they're just gifs of my favorite character/one of my favorite anime characters in general - Itachi Uchiha), Attack on Titan (This one was mostly just a PS4 vs Xbone meme lol but Titan isn't really shounen-like for the most part) and then Akame ga Kill (This isn't overrated or popular in the slightest LOL), but hey, when all ya know is Yuri and CGDCT, I suppose I shouldn't be surprised that this was your assessment xD

But as for yourself, you're just dripping in yuri/female only sauce lol....Having a female or a male lead doesn't and will never make an anime great just off of that fact alone
Modified by Tokoya, Oct 28, 1:27 PM
 
Oct 28, 1:51 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 927
Tokoya said:
Haou-Judai said:


"Cus it has a female MC" mean less chance to be trash harem. Also Honzuki have really great world building.

And whats wrong with my profile? At least my profile is not look like Newbie anime fan who almost only watch overated shounen fights. Atually funny you don't have singel favorite female character.
Oh, if you're referring to the gifs on my profile, the only ones on there that are shounen are from Naruto (A series that a lot of millennial anime fans in the west like myself either grew up watching or reading - And even then, they're just gifs of my favorite character/one of my favorite anime characters in general - Itachi Uchiha), Attack on Titan (This one was mostly just a PS4 vs Xbone meme lol but Titan isn't really shounen-like for the most part) and then Akame ga Kill (This isn't overrated or popular in the slightest LOL), but hey, when all ya know is Yuri and CGDCT, I suppose I shouldn't be surprised that this was your assessment xD

But as for yourself, you're just dripping in yuri/female only sauce lol....Having a female or a male lead doesn't and will never make an anime great just off of that fact alone



I talk abouth your favorite list not your shitty gif's.

Yea Bakugo, Son gohan, Killua, Roy, Ace, Satoru and Byakuya totaly not from a Shounen fight.
At least don't try to lie man.

Also i not only watch Yuri and CGDCT. Did you even watched my list? I like all kind of stuff. like Mecha, Rom-coms, Comedy and sports. And yea i like Yuri. Whats the problem with that?

Having a Female or Male lead pretty much can be important. But what can i say... you call me sexist when you the one who watch trash harem ecchis.... so ironic.
 
 
Oct 28, 3:25 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 927
Tokoya said:
What matters is how the protagonist is WRITTEN



You also need a good story bro.

Of course there is lot of good Male MC like Setuna from Gundam 00, Hikki from Oregairu or Kaiji from Kaiji. But those are not isekai series. If we talk abouth modern Isekai series most of them are horrible Ecchi harem. And why we get that? Cuz the MC is Male. (horribile writed self insert male character) If the MC is female then it's less chance for that.

Still don't understand why i the sexist when you have DXD trash gif in your Profile.
 
Oct 28, 5:20 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 179
Why do some people just come here to complaint about Isekai? Why do you think all these studios keep making more?

Supply and demand, my friends.
 
Oct 29, 6:20 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 6102
Haou-Judai said:
Tokoya said:
What matters is how the protagonist is WRITTEN



You also need a good story bro.

Of course there is lot of good Male MC like Setuna from Gundam 00, Hikki from Oregairu or Kaiji from Kaiji. But those are not isekai series. If we talk abouth modern Isekai series most of them are horrible Ecchi harem. And why we get that? Cuz the MC is Male. (horribile writed self insert male character) If the MC is female then it's less chance for that.

Still don't understand why i the sexist when you have DXD trash gif in your Profile.
Gender doesn't matter in the slightest, also you said that there is no good isekai and I can name at least 10 to you right now lol

But in regards to the last thing you said, having Rias on my profile doesn't make me a sexist....I could understand if you say I'm a misogynist since you can probably reach and say that I'm objectifying her on my profile, but regardless, Rias is the waifu and I love her to death, so nah :)
 
Oct 29, 7:36 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 927
-khriz- said:
Why do some people just come here to complaint about Isekai? Why do you think all these studios keep making more?

Supply and demand, my friends.


Because they can sell those for all those "basement living no life otaku's". All they need to make self insert character with lot of generic female character type. And they buy it. Dosen't metter if the story is bad or not.
 
Oct 29, 7:40 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 927
Tokoya said:
Gender doesn't matter in the slightest, also you said that there is no good isekai and I can name at least 10 to you right now lol

But in regards to the last thing you said, having Rias on my profile doesn't make me a sexist....I could understand if you say I'm a misogynist since you can probably reach and say that I'm objectifying her on my profile, but regardless, Rias is the waifu and I love her to death, so nah :)


Let's try. Name me 10 Isekai that not a Harem ecchi trash with the same random guy becoming a hero generic story. And they also need to be good. (also it need to be from this era)
 
Oct 29, 8:05 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 6102
Haou-Judai said:
Tokoya said:
Gender doesn't matter in the slightest, also you said that there is no good isekai and I can name at least 10 to you right now lol

But in regards to the last thing you said, having Rias on my profile doesn't make me a sexist....I could understand if you say I'm a misogynist since you can probably reach and say that I'm objectifying her on my profile, but regardless, Rias is the waifu and I love her to death, so nah :)


Let's try. Name me 10 Isekai that not a Harem ecchi trash with the same random guy becoming a hero generic story. And they also need to be good. (also it need to be from this era)
Harems and Ecchi series aren't factually trash, the Monogatari series is a prime example of how both genres can be great....But to name the isekai ones from the past 10 years that are good:

KonoSuba
Overlord
Grimgar
Mushoku Tensei
That Time I Got Reincarnated As a Slime
No Game No Life
Youjo Senki
Re:Zero
Log Horizon
Hataraku Maou-Sama

I could go on and mention even more like Shield Hero, Gate, Re:Creators (This one is a reverse isekai) and from this current season, both The Faraway Paladin and World's Greatest Assassin are shaping up to be nice additions to the genre too
Modified by Tokoya, Oct 29, 8:10 AM
 
Oct 29, 9:08 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2013
Posts: 2678
When is it gonna end Robbie?
I'm too weird to live but much too rare to die.


 
Oct 29, 10:03 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 927
Tokoya said:
Harems and Ecchi series aren't factually trash, the Monogatari series is a prime example of how both genres can be great....


There is some example. Mostly old rare animes like DNA2. That also a good Harems and Ecchi. As for Monogatari that case is bit different. That series unique. It's not typical Harem Ecchi where the loser mc guy have all the good girl. Alos i don't hate those genres if they are separated. For example Clannad is a good Harem. And Cross ange is good ecchi.

But but combination of Harem , ecchi and isekai is hardly be any good series.

Tokoya said:

But to name the isekai ones from the past 10 years that are good:

KonoSuba
Overlord
Grimgar
Mushoku Tensei
That Time I Got Reincarnated As a Slime
No Game No Life
Youjo Senki
Re:Zero
Log Horizon
Hataraku Maou-Sama

I could go on and mention even more like Shield Hero, Gate, Re:Creators (This one is a reverse isekai) and from this current season, both The Faraway Paladin and World's Greatest Assassin are shaping up to be nice additions to the genre too


I can take Hataraku Maou-Sama, That was really good. But that one is reverse Isekai. (And i also enjoyed Gate too)
Re:Creators, No Game No Life and Log Horizon is so-so category.

Konosuba is more like comedy than a real isekai.

Re:Zero and Mushoku Tensei is harem... and defenetly not a good one.


I can't say anything for the rest.

I admit those i better than what i expect for you.

(BTW As for Grimgar isn't that series i hated by people because it was fucking boring?)
 
Oct 30, 8:07 AM
Offline
Joined: Oct 2018
Posts: 49
Haou-Judai said:
Because they can sell those for all those "basement living no life otaku's". All they need to make self insert character with lot of generic female character type. And they buy it. Dosen't metter if the story is bad or not.

Why so mad about no-life otakus supporting their favorite series? They are not doing anything wrong lol.
 
 
Oct 30, 9:19 AM
Offline
Joined: Nov 2014
Posts: 4847
Synposis sounds pretty good. Depending on characters, especially protagonist being lame or not, it might be a fun one.
 
Oct 30, 1:00 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2017
Posts: 6730
Have been hearing this novel on and off, and yeap.
 
Oct 31, 9:16 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2019
Posts: 224
I think it will be a good comedy!!!
 
Nov 1, 6:48 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 6102
Haou-Judai said:
Tokoya said:
Harems and Ecchi series aren't factually trash, the Monogatari series is a prime example of how both genres can be great....


There is some example. Mostly old rare animes like DNA2. That also a good Harems and Ecchi. As for Monogatari that case is bit different. That series unique. It's not typical Harem Ecchi where the loser mc guy have all the good girl. Alos i don't hate those genres if they are separated. For example Clannad is a good Harem. And Cross ange is good ecchi.

But but combination of Harem , ecchi and isekai is hardly be any good series.

Tokoya said:

But to name the isekai ones from the past 10 years that are good:

KonoSuba
Overlord
Grimgar
Mushoku Tensei
That Time I Got Reincarnated As a Slime
No Game No Life
Youjo Senki
Re:Zero
Log Horizon
Hataraku Maou-Sama

I could go on and mention even more like Shield Hero, Gate, Re:Creators (This one is a reverse isekai) and from this current season, both The Faraway Paladin and World's Greatest Assassin are shaping up to be nice additions to the genre too


I can take Hataraku Maou-Sama, That was really good. But that one is reverse Isekai. (And i also enjoyed Gate too)
Re:Creators, No Game No Life and Log Horizon is so-so category.

Konosuba is more like comedy than a real isekai.

Re:Zero and Mushoku Tensei is harem... and defenetly not a good one.


I can't say anything for the rest.

I admit those i better than what i expect for you.

(BTW As for Grimgar isn't that series i hated by people because it was fucking boring?)
What I will say about Grimgar is that it's one of the more realistic and human isekai out there and that's why I loved it so much....Most of the cliches that you'd find in it aren't there