Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (14) « First ... « 8 9 [10] 11 12 » ... Last »
Apr 20, 2010 1:58 PM

Aug 2008
How come nagato is evil here? I thought she was nice! and how come Haruhi changed her hair! so confusing! :D

Actually enjoyed it alot, its not bad as far as first episode explanations go, the voices are starting to sound familliar which is a good thing and a quick peak at the VA cast confirms it. Will def watch.

Apr 24, 2010 12:08 AM

Jul 2009
kaminakun said:
I didn't like the insert song. otherwise everything else looks fine

The insert song was quite good anyways o_O.
--
This anime suprised me! Love it! <3
Apr 24, 2010 1:46 PM

Mar 2008
Well, at least, the story is peculiar... Otherwise, it's too weird to make an opinion on it...
Apr 26, 2010 5:05 AM

Dec 2009
Interesting plot, I hope it keeps up this way <3.
Apr 26, 2010 12:44 PM
Jan 2010
WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH HER HANDS? Why has she got 2 left hands? :|
Apr 27, 2010 4:36 AM
Apr 2010
What was the song at the lifting sang by iwasawa?

My Badge
Apr 27, 2010 4:55 AM

Jun 2009
Interesting. Let's see how it turns out.
Apr 27, 2010 5:40 AM

Sep 2008
The arts and animation = Aniplex + Key = Super awesome!!
One of the best CG animation I've ever seen as far, after Clannad After Story and Kara no Kyoukai!!
Apr 27, 2010 11:24 AM
Nov 2008
CarLoZ said:
What was the song at the lifting sang by iwasawa?

The song is called Crow Song. The single was recently released, and it came with Alchemy and My Song from episode 3.
Apr 27, 2010 10:33 PM
Feb 2009
very confusing at the least
Apr 28, 2010 8:41 PM

Jun 2009
Noda falling for his own trap!! haha

It's like OL game, NPC, players respawn...
Live well - Laugh often - and Love much

Apr 29, 2010 5:18 AM

Feb 2009
Looking good so far.
Apr 30, 2010 9:11 PM

Apr 2009
Nice art and story...

Im expecting more..^^
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 13, 2010 6:48 AM

Oct 2007
I don't like it at all, the story doesn't make any sense to me neither does it interest me, but I'll continue to watch just to see what happens. Hate the main character already.
May 13, 2010 7:10 AM

Aug 2009
Seems like there's a bit of a buzz with this show. I had no choice but to pick it up. Good first episode. Everything about this screams Haruhi XD
May 13, 2010 7:13 AM

Aug 2009
Zepwich said:
Seems like there's a bit of a buzz with this show. I had no choice but to pick it up. Good first episode. Everything about this screams Haruhi XD
Except where they keep reviving and go off killing angels, arming themselves with guns and explosives.
May 13, 2010 1:19 PM

Feb 2010
I don't exactly know what that is, that I'm watching, but it's nice. Funny and a good piece of art. There seems to be a story, but they didn't tell me too much of it yet. I want to know of what that nameless Main-Guy died.
May 21, 2010 1:19 AM

Sep 2008
wtfamiwatching.jpg
May 22, 2010 8:51 AM

Jul 2008
(This is in Polish. See the same thing in English bellow)

Pomijając fakt, że fabuła serii po raz kolejny zmusza do refleksji na temat życia po śmierci, którego to tematu nie lubię, było nawet spoko. Jak podobało mi się to “666 HP” u bossów w Dragon Fable, o którym wspominałam na tweeterze, to już “SSS” jak i strzelanie do aniołów mi już trochę przeszkadza. Miejmy nadzieję, że żadna gazeta/radio/telewizja katolicka nie będzie nigdy miała okazji zetknięcia się z tą pozycją, bo byliby poważnie zbulwersowani XDD
Co do oryginalności pomysłu, to faktycznie, czegoś takiego w anime jeszcze nie było. Te całe obawy przed reinkarnacją w stworzenie niskiej rangi są dobrą podstawą do wielu żartów ;) Chociaż oglądając Angel Beats nie miałam pojęcia, czy to co widzę jest komedią, czy filmem akcji. Niektóre sceny są absurdalne i typowe dla japońskich produkcji, ale nie powalają swoją śmiesznością na kolana. “Widok gościa siedzącego w kałuży krwi po tym jak otrzymał do swojego „kolegi” 100 hitów, czymś ala halabarda jednego rozśmieszy, a drugiego nie.” – to właśnie rozśmieszyło mnie najbardziej. Żartów takiego typu oświadczysz jedynie w anime ;)
Co do postaci, główny bohater z różowymi włosami źle mi się kojarzy. Przewodnicząca kojarzy mi się z Haruhi. Poza tym bohaterowie nie mają głębszego sensu, wszyscy są roześmianymi dzieciakami, które bawią się w wojnę. Rozumiem, że to komedia, rozumiem, że to anime, ale można było lepiej.
Grafika wcale nie jest taka piękna. Niektóre pozycje ecchi nie posiadają fabuły, mają za to grafikę, która bardzo cieszy oko. W tym przypadku cieszę się, że oszczędzono nam ecchi na rzecz krwawego fanserwisu. Kiedyś bardzo przepadałam za takimi pozycjami, potem, po obejrzeniu z oporami Kampfer’a jakoś mi przeszło. Za to światłocień i niektóre elementy 3D zasługują na pochwałę.
Ending naprawdę jest beznadziejny. Tak jakby zabrakło już kasy, albo czasu. Piosenka jakaś taka nijaka, nie przypadła mi do gustu. A brak openingu w pierwszym odcinku jest niewybaczalny XDDD W końcu OP to wizytówka anime.
Słyszałam tyle przychylnych opinii na temat Angel Beats, a teraz naprawdę nie wiem, co powinnam sądzić. Chociaż nie oglądałam niczego odkrywczego, po obejrzeniu tych 25 min nie czułam, że straciłam czas. Nie przewijałam ani razu, nie patrzałam też ile do końca, więc wciągnęło mnie. Dam 3/5 i obejrzę jeszcze parę opków, bo może się jakoś fajnie rozkręci ;)

Efekty nie dodania w tym tygodniu notki na moim blogu, odbijają się w długich komentarzach. Przepraszam za wszystkie błędy, nie mam siły tego sprawdzać.

Pozdrawiam <3

(Ten sam komentarz, co na DU, jeśli zastanawiasz się, skąd to znasz XD)

(At first I'd like to say sorry to English ppl, but since I have written a comment in polish, I thought I just post it. Coz why not? The part in English is the same thing, just the sensences ar simplier. Sorry for all the mistakes.)

Skipping the fact, that the plot of this series once again makes you wonder about what happens to you after you die, with question I really don't like, the first episode was fine. I liked the "666 HP" that the bosses in Dragon Fable had, about which I have talked with Shouri on Twitter. But the whole "SSS" and shooting angels in AB!, was bothering me. I hope that no religion newspaper/radio/TV will ever see Angel Beats! or else it will be really shocked XDDD
As for the orginality of the plot - in anime really wasn't anything like that. The whole "being scarred" about reincarnation into a low creature is a good basic for many good jokes ;) But when I was watching Angel Beats, I had no idea, if I see a comedy or an action film. Some of the scenes are absurd and so typical for japaneese productions, but they aren't so funny that you rofl. As Shouri from Dream Universe said [I'm writting this according to an article on her blog] "The sigh of a dude sitting in a pool [puddle? what do you use more?] of blood after receiving 100 hits from his "friend" with something like a halabard (?) is something that will make one laugh but someone else no." - this was something that make me laugh the most. Such jokes you can see only in anime ;)
As for the characters, the main character with pink hair makes me...err...confused. The student council president is like Haruhi. The rest of the characters don't have a deeper sense, all of them are a bunch of laughing kids, who play war. I understand it's a comedy, I uderstand it's anime, but it could be better.
The grafic isn't so beautiful. Some ecchi series don't have a plot, but do have very good art. This time, in Angel Beats, I'm really happy, that we can see, insted of ecchi, bloody fanservice ;D In the past I liked watching ecchi series, but then I managed to finish Kampfer and I stopped. In AB some 3D elements are very good.
Ending is really bad. It's like the producers didn't have anymore time or money. I didn't like the song, it's not worth remembering - in my opinion. And the lack of opening in the first episode is unforgivable XDDD In the end, an OP is the business card of an anime.
I read and heard so many good opinions of Angel Beats and now I'm really confused. Although I didn't watch anything very original, after watching 25 min I din't feel I lost my time. I didn't skip anyting, nor did I look how much there is till the end - this means I enjoyed it. For now its 3/5 and I will watch a little more episodes, becouse maybe it gets better ;)

Sorry it's so long, but I'm a reviewer and I just can't write anything short XDD
May 23, 2010 2:30 PM
May 2010
this anime catch me...

May 26, 2010 7:10 PM

May 2010
I really liked that episode, it was a good start to the season.
Jun 1, 2010 11:46 PM

Feb 2010
Nice animation, enjoyed the first episode =D
Jun 4, 2010 7:25 AM

Apr 2010
-------------------------------- -- --

In first i though this anime is worst... because...i though the main character is girl,,,,,
Jun 4, 2010 7:29 AM

Apr 2010
----------------------- -- --

nice episode.. i enjoy.. it... l.....
but still im still not satisfy..
Jun 6, 2010 6:33 AM

Nov 2009
It's hard to tell from the first episode weather this show will be good or not. But i'll keep watching. Hope it gets better. And doesn't the OP remind you guys of the Clannad OP with the piano playing.
Jun 7, 2010 5:59 PM

Jan 2010
I loved everyone except for two of the main characters, Angel and the main dude (don't care for his name).
I guess I don't enjoy Angel (yet) because I really dislike characters who dominate everyone they fight.
Anyways, I'll put this show on hold for now.. I'm not that impressed.
Jun 22, 2010 3:05 AM

Jan 2008
This was really rather disappointing until the concert/fight scene at the end, where it picked up a bit. Yurippe already annoys me considering she's practically a Haruhi clone and the main character really doesn't seem all that interesting either.

Whilst the animation and quality near the end was pretty good, some moments really were pretty damn terrible. The main guy's ripped black jacket looked so stupidly unrealistic and there was many other moments of QUALITY scattered throughout the episode, plus everything looked rather flat.

Still, it has potential and it could work out OK, I quite like Tenshi and the music is pretty good so I'll give it a chance.
Jun 25, 2010 6:02 PM

Aug 2009
I didn't get anything. But it's interesting. Yurippe is annoying (yeah haruhi resemblance and all). Otonashi is not very capturing as a protagonist.

Insert song was horrible though. I'm trying my best not to compare this to other key works. I heard i'll be disappointed otherwise.
Jul 6, 2010 2:47 PM

Dec 2008
Not a bad first ep. I'll need to watch a few more eps to find out what exactly is going on.
Jul 12, 2010 2:08 PM

Jan 2010
Amazing first episode. I loved the song for the concert :D
Actually better than " God Knows " Concert o-o
I really liked this episode. ^-^
Jul 21, 2010 11:22 PM

Aug 2008
I love the ending. Tenshi looks so lonely standing there. D:
GirlsDeMo seems like a pretty cool band.
Jul 22, 2010 12:05 AM

Aug 2009
I loved each and every episode, it didnt dissapoint me in the least but every episode often reminded me alot of clannad. i liked the op song also the last episode was great

Jul 24, 2010 6:21 PM

Aug 2009
Fuck I'm confused. I guess that's normal since it's been only the first episode.

Okay so the new guy is dead and he was transferred into the after-life world where angels and the resistance fight for the throne with the npc guys on the side bars. Sounds kinda interesting if you ask me. I'll stick with the series, I guess.

Anyways I have one question though, were those people the battlefront took the tickets from the npc guys? Shouldn't the npc guys not respond to them since they're programmed to do certain stuffs? I'm confused man.
Jul 27, 2010 5:57 PM

Apr 2010
I liked this episode, but it didn't really stand out to me as being particularly amazing. Definitely got better though.

I liked the ending, where everyone just goes into the cafeteria like nothing happened :P And GirlDeMo rocks~
Aug 6, 2010 3:32 PM

Apr 2010
Loved this episode! Expecting much out of this anime~
Aug 22, 2010 6:50 AM

Dec 2009
Speeded episode is speeded.
I have my own anime blog. It's called Anime Viking. Hope you'll you read it!

Sep 16, 2010 9:45 PM

Aug 2008
Am I the only person that thinks Yurippe looks like a recolored haruhi?
Sep 27, 2010 2:50 AM

Aug 2009
I don't know what to say , not impressed. Good art , though.
Sep 27, 2010 3:37 AM

Oct 2008
I expected loads better of Angel Beats first episode. I watched up to 3 till now and I found it so boring.
Oct 14, 2010 12:05 PM

Jul 2008
That was painful to get through:
I just couldn't find anything redeeming from the first episode. They were just pranksters with guns, who couldn't die. The music seemed out of place and dull, and there was a concert used to create a diversion and an excuse to show off j-pop...
It's very possible that it gets better as it goes along, but no hook from the first episode, at all.
Nov 5, 2010 6:56 PM

Apr 2010
I’m liking this anime, visuals are top notch, some humor
here and there, and story seems interesting. 5/5
Nov 7, 2010 12:25 AM

Jan 2009
Ok, so the animation is pretty great but hows the story?
This series should be interesting

Nov 7, 2010 12:25 AM

Jan 2009

Nov 20, 2010 1:49 AM
Jul 2010
ColdBeans said:

Exactly. I loved the art and animation, especially the concert part but I don't know about the rest. I think this anime has a really interesting premise but I feel like very little was explained in the first episode. So my only option is to keep watching and find out if it's good.
Dec 10, 2010 3:48 PM

Jun 2009
The production values are amazing, I won’t deny that; I have no complains about the animation or sound. But the episode itself was really boring.

I couldn’t find a moment which truly liked; it’s just a bunch of teenagers fighting against the typical authority figure in an alternate universe in which they can’t die with the excuse of “not being like the others, if not we’ll disappear.” Very characteristic of teenagers. That not mentioning the unusual setting. A high school. Wow.

Or so was my impression from this first episode. I’m just hoping the show progresses, gets better and doesn’t fall into the “average trash” category.
AnisamarDec 10, 2010 3:54 PM
I think, then procrastinate.
Therefore, I am.
Dec 27, 2010 5:16 PM

Jan 2010
LOL 100 hits combo xD
Jan 1, 2011 2:17 AM

Jan 2010
I had always stayed far away from this show because people kept comparing it to Melancholy of Suzimiya, my #1 least favorite show of all time, but after seeing Angel Beats clips in a bunch of AMVs, it looked pretty cool...
And this episode was indeed a fun one. It was a bit random, but I think I'll give another episode or two a try. I'm curious about the Angel, and though the main group has a lot of characters, there seemed to be a nice camaraderie amongst them.
Jan 28, 2011 5:06 AM

Sep 2008
Have to be honest - I'm just confused, haha. Not about what Yuri said about fighting Angel or whatever, just... the concept seems way out there? Maybe things'll make more sense when Otonashi gets some of his memories back from before he died. ._o'

ReaperEXE said:
... at the moment it seems like pointless gore-hacks; rather, I'd like to find out why they're doing what they do, because it seems pointless overall...

Yeah, what are they doing? To be honest, although I would kind of like to find out the reasons behind their actions, I'm still not really that interested.

First episode hardly explained anything and seemed just "okay" to me, but I'll keep watching for at least a little while to see if I find this interesting enough to finish...
merle_noirJan 28, 2011 6:22 AM
May 15, 2011 3:36 AM

Feb 2011
Angel Beats! eps 1 is very good for begins the story. ^__^ love Noda's 100 hit. XD
May 30, 2011 10:09 AM

May 2011
its a not bad anime
its has music, action, and comedy
mmmm i'll keep watching it to see if i like it more
-ILoVelocAlSk8eRbOIs-
Pages (14) « First ... « 8 9 [10] 11 12 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Angel Beats! Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ShibuyaRiver - Jun 25, 2010

1752 by jilebi_james23 »»
Yesterday, 10:54 AM

Poll: » Angel Beats! Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ShibuyaRiver - Jun 4, 2010

662 by jilebi_james23 »»
Apr 22, 2:41 PM

Poll: » Angel Beats! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ShibuyaRiver - May 28, 2010

565 by jilebi_james23 »»
Apr 22, 2:13 PM

Poll: » Angel Beats! Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ShibuyaRiver - May 21, 2010

388 by jilebi_james23 »»
Apr 22, 1:44 PM

Poll: » Angel Beats! Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

game8910 - May 14, 2010

538 by jilebi_james23 »»
Apr 22, 9:16 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.