Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Oct 23, 2021 9:28 PM

May 2016
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
To be honest I feel that they tried to exploit many interesting concepts and did not end up developing any, at least they live happy ever after~
Oct 23, 2021 9:29 PM

Jul 2017
The end of an adventure.

The Observer Cody who's been documenting the entire journey of Fena, both him and his father were orchestrating all of this for her.

The whole La Pucelle family tree from Joan of Arc, a test to see Fena be a Maiden of Choosing to destroy the world or leave it as is. From her own family to the Samurai Seven, nothing but death awaits them if she chose the latter, but to choose the former, to be reborn and change the world, and she'd be like Noah transporting the world into full reset. The choice is hers, and lose all memories as a side effect of Eden.

The choice is made, and the island goes into full self-destruction mode. The Goblin Knights will not relent, and Fena herself became a maiden just like her mother Helena. And just like Abel and Helena, both Fena and Yukimaru did their vows and adhered to the promise, and met again in the afterlife where she loses all of her memories, and of course, the Goblin Knights got their treasure and came out unscathed.

Everyone came out alive with that reset, and JUNNA"s ED to end all things on an amicable note (which means that any other concepts didn't really get fleshed all too well).

What an astounding ending though (I legit teared), didn't really expect this to stick the landing so hard. Kazuto Nakazawa, you're simply genius.
Oct 23, 2021 9:30 PM

Feb 2021
And that's the end for Fena Pirate princess, the most recent Crunchyroll original and the first co-produced by Adult Swim, and oh well what a ride, we had a journey with so many questions and now a lot of them have been answered in the last episode.

I have to say I was a bit emotional there when Fena lost her memories and doesn't even remember who Yukimaru and she herself is, I'm still confused about Cody and her father, might have to re-watch it later to understand it better.

But that was a fun ride honestly, Production I.G. did a great job with this one, and for the target demographic which would be shoujo it was a pretty solid show.
Oct 23, 2021 9:31 PM

Feb 2020
Bit weird how they're giving us all this 'god-like' stuff at the last episode of the series. Thankfully it didn't affect much...?

after all that emotional stuff goin on, I'd have thought that the ship couldn't sail more. Colour me surprised; my man's managed to sneak it a little at the very end. good stuff. Also, black-haired Fena? an upgrade from the short-hair version!

An interesting anime from start to end. Would've wished for more ship battles (this is pirate-themed, right?), but this is cool too. Kajiura did wayyy better here than in Vanitas: lots more variety and even reminded me some of PriPri's soundtrack. Unique, in a sense.
BoazanianOct 23, 2021 9:35 PM
Oct 23, 2021 9:32 PM

Mar 2014
So the magical destiny lined up for her was to make her choose whether to destroy the world, make Fena's Ark, or keep things as-is. And then for an extra kicker they take away all her memories because she wouldn't be able to "handle" the despair of having made the choice.

Things could've been a lot more fun if that shapeshifting brat kept his nose out of everything and we just had a fun pirate adventure without ascending to god's realm to unmake the world.
Oct 23, 2021 9:33 PM
Review Moderator
Onii Chan

Mar 2018
The last few episodes were a complete detour from the first few and not in a good way. While I like it when a story goes far from its starting point, it needs to be paced in a decent manner, this just wasn't it.
Oct 23, 2021 9:39 PM

Jun 2021
So the assassin plotline was dropped. (Shitan gave away this important sword to them, but they're just going to forget the whole "Fena is a witch who lead them astray" thing?) The pirate girls are alive somehow, just because. Cody ended up being fairly pointless, since they could have just had Fena's dad meet her at the place.

Fena didn't even do anything. We just got some Eva-style CONGRADULATIONS, Fena cries, and then nothing happens. She lost her memories, but that doesn't mean anything because she's just going to do what she's always done, and she's slowly remembering things anyway. Nothing was really accomplished in the end. I figured they'd go with "muh third option" because every show does that, even when it's stupid. But everything felt so stupid here.

What the hell?
GwenpoolOct 23, 2021 9:52 PM
Oct 23, 2021 9:40 PM

Mar 2008
So Fena kept the world the world the same. She lost her memories but remembered right at the end when Yukimaru said he loved her.

Also, Brunette Fena is <3.
AnimeJunkyOct 23, 2021 9:47 PM
Oct 23, 2021 9:41 PM
Jun 2020
That was certainly an ending. I didn't understand much of it, but the very end with Fena and Yukimaru was nice. Maybe we'll get a season 2 to explain stuff more?
Oct 23, 2021 9:41 PM

Jul 2011
To be honest was kinda underwhelming ending for how good was the overall anime.

The impressive part of the ending was the Rumble Rose girls be alive at least partially of them . I'm really happy to see Charlotte well and one last time.

Oct 23, 2021 9:42 PM

Nov 2016
Black hair Fena > light blonde Fena

This was a nice bittersweet finale. I'm glad that this series turned out to be a more enjoyable and impactful experience than I had expected, even tho it's largely due to the production.

6,5/10

Too bad it wasn't double cour, then it might've been genuinely great.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Oct 23, 2021 9:44 PM

Jun 2020
I found everything so underwhelming after a good start to the series... might have to give B: The Beginning a try to see if it's just me not enjoying Nakazawa's stuff.
Oct 23, 2021 9:49 PM

Oct 2019
This end was just not executed well. i liked the design of having Black hair fena and nice to see not all of the female pirates die from the earlier eps. But, so much shit gets packed in and not much resolved and left me feeling unsatisfied. The show itself didnt even make her seem like a pirate. The show overall had an epic sound design as well as beautiful art. But this ending left a sour taste in my mouth sadly.
"Perfection is perception. For me, humanity's imperfections is what makes it perfect"

Oct 23, 2021 9:50 PM

Jul 2011
I'm not sure what to think of this?

It started well, but after some point, it feels like they changed the story in the middle and didn't bother to make it work. This anime isn't bad, but it's not a good one either. It might have been better with 26 episodes, but I'm not sure.

It was a good journey with an ok ending.
Oct 23, 2021 9:50 PM

Jan 2020
I'm so conflicted. While I got my, sort of happy ending, I'm still sad that the last two episodes were basically butchered. The explanation we got was horseshit and it makes no sense whatsoever. Had it been a different explanation, I would've enjoyed it a lot more.
I sometimes forget to finish my sentences.
Oct 23, 2021 9:52 PM

Jul 2017
This series really needed to be longer, slower to fit a more adventure tone early on, and stick to the story roots a lot better, for the climax and payoff to be truly quality and feel meaningful and the characters to be a lot better in various aspects than they were by the end (with bonus points for cutting down the obnoxious comedy). I feel like 12 episodes was just not enough time for this series to fully flesh itself out for success and in the end, still leaves a lot to be desired sadly. I wasn't that high on the series from the first episode but those last few episodes really were butchered and an absolute mess to watch, and the length of this series did not help one bit.

At least if there's one thing I'll carry over from this show, is JUNNA's opening song being gold and one of my favorites from the year, and I'll take the ED too for this final episode. Definitely see myself listening to them a good amount of times over the next few months. Helps that JUNNA's one of my favorite Japanese female vocalists I've heard over the past year or two.
Oct 23, 2021 9:57 PM

Jun 2021
My favorite part is when Yukimaru declares that he'll find her, no matter what... But then he wakes up and immediately finds that she respawned like 2 feet away from him.

Also, Abel and Fena's mom were reincarnated as kids. I guess Fena did that somehow? Kinda weird that there was a secret option that was basically just "Keep things exactly the same, but also you can revive people and all your friends live, and also your memories can come back." Felt like that should have been an option. But no, it wasn't brought up because "muh secret third option so we can pretend the character was smart and defied fate."

(I'm assuming she went with a third option. If she just went with the "all your friends die tragically" option, then that wouldn't explain the reincarnated children. It would also make a lot of things pointless and stupid.)
GwenpoolOct 23, 2021 10:02 PM
Oct 23, 2021 9:57 PM

Jan 2009
not bad ending i thought Fena will never recover her memories but the moment Yukimaru says i love you to her its implied some of her memories are back at least

i like Black Hair Fena though but still Karin is best girl for just being more funny and loud

this was never about being Pirates but some Religious Apocalypse plot eh but ye they got a lot of treasures back in the end so it kinda is a Pirate show that way too

they can make a sequel for this though since Fena chooses the timeline where her friends will get killed so she gonna change the future to avoid that from happening plus where is Grace that sexy hot morena pirate
Oct 23, 2021 10:01 PM
Nov 2016
The Evangelion influence was really big in this final episode
HeyHeyHey_10Oct 23, 2021 10:13 PM
Oct 23, 2021 10:06 PM

Feb 2019
Anyone else feel like the ending was… anticlimactic? Idk it just felt like the speed went from 60-200 so quickly at the end. I loved the show tho and despite the ending not being great, there was so many good moments from this series and the adventure element was fun. I honestly wish this became a long running show instead of one cour. I think there was potential for more.

If adult swim and Crunchyroll are going to continue to collab, I hope they can build upon the positives here.
Marinate1016Oct 23, 2021 10:12 PM
Oct 23, 2021 10:13 PM
Jul 2015
The animation work was fine, even that sometimes abused of certain formulas, but the story in general lacked interest, emotion and effectively, it didn't arrive to anything.
Oct 23, 2021 10:21 PM
Jul 2016
Well that goes so fast, especially the part where Fena saying goodbye to Yukimaru. And then, in a minute Yukimaru found her again. Even though, the ending scene between them is very sweet, I feel like this ends not properly well. I mean, after she choose whatever decision she made and thankfully reunite with the crews with no memories, what lies up ahead after that? And what else she will searching for? Did she become the chosen maiden again after she regain her memories? So many questions are still unanswered here though.
Oct 23, 2021 10:21 PM

Apr 2018
Damn what a freaking last episode, I'm glad that she chose the 2nd option. Honestly a really good original anime imo 8/10
Oct 23, 2021 10:26 PM

Sep 2016
Show had a fun start, only to rapidly tumble downhill and eventually land in the mud puddle that is this shitshow of an ending. Only good parts of this episode were the top tier animation and the pirate ladies being alive at the end.
Oct 23, 2021 10:31 PM

Sep 2015
I couldn't bring myself to be concerned for the world,considering the world build feels lackluster with limited character, the mercenaries that are underdeveloped
, as it follows a linear puzzle path as if it's like an MMO and RPG game. How is this even related to Fena being the "Pirate Princess" especially when the fact is they are under the sea most of the time using the submarine?So Fena is a maiden that decides the fate of the world, except none of the characters am I able to get attached to, or even want to bother mind with. "oh the world can get destroyed and your
memory would get restarted"

AND OF COURSE OBVIOUSLY, the whole island collapses with all the treasures within it, this is just sooo cliche, you see it too many times. Ever since they stepped foot on the island and discovered all the treasures gathered around the world, I straight away know how it would end up. At this point, it would've been better and more entertaining if they plan out on how they would take out all of the treasures.

It's like Yukimarus flashback with Abel never even happend as well!! Along with all enemies that are sooo easily forgotten! It's like nothing has changed at alL!Thats how empty this anime was! I especially don't feel any ninja concept from it as well, it's as if being in the submarine all the time was not enough. It's like this whole series is mashed together with random stuff from history, legends, and for some reason there is no explanation on how the Japanese
ninja mercenaries are at like where? The Atlantic ocean?

Ending felt so unaccomplished

2/10
AhriTheS3xyFoxOct 23, 2021 10:35 PM
August 6th 2023: Biggest upset ever, deception, selfishness, or scammed, manipulated. Heavy damage costs, and more. Days since: 15 Last updated: 8/21/2023

One Piece Episode 1041 & 1042 & 1047 & 1048 & 95.75%/1049 & 1053 were a mistake and Uta brought the salvation -AhriTheS3xyFox

Oct 23, 2021 10:36 PM
Apr 2021
Idk bro, the writing became really messed up during the last third of the series. We got an answer of who Fena really is, but man there are so many other things that were just crammed in there with the hope of making sense. Idk bro, the animation and art is nothing short of top-notch, but this falls very flat for me as a meaningful adventure show.

Also, the romantic subplot. I expected it, but it was really kinda forced for me. Idk bro, just my 2cents.

7/10, I guess. 2/5 for story and 5/5 for production.
Oct 23, 2021 10:42 PM
Oct 2019
Honestly, looking at the title of this show, you would think there would be more pirate action happening, but nope, it is should be called: Fena: Ninja Princess instead.

It's a good anime, but I feel like it would have been better if it has 2 cours. Well, I think it is 7/10, but I feel like this is the type of anime that I won't remember that much in a month or two, because of the ok ending.
Oct 23, 2021 10:44 PM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
That was a strange and underwhelming finale for Fena: Pirate Princess. I had a feeling that Fena would turn out to be some kinda of Demi god while the series gave us a huge info dump that could have been spread out in the last three episodes. I'm guessing that Fena choose the keep the world the way it is and trust that her friends will survive the times ahead. At least Fena and Yukimaru got their happily ever after at the ending scene even though she lost most of her memories.

Shout out to one of my favorite studios, Production I.G for providing great visuals and animation.

I agree that Fena with long black hair looks way better than when she had white hair.

I give this series a 7/10.
Oct 23, 2021 10:49 PM
Aug 2020
WHAT Option did she choose am confused!!?
I didn't really understand the options to be honest can someone please explain to me😅😅
Oct 23, 2021 10:51 PM

Dec 2020
Well wth! The last two three eps of this show took a strange detour which I didn't liked that much as much I liked the initial eps.
The last eps were just meh, it went from gun fighting to whole supernatural stuff which was kinda hard to digest as it didn't explained certain things. But I have to say one thing, actually it didnt bored me, this show atleast kept me engaged in it.
So with Amazing animation, good osts, good plot but mid execution, characters were just okayish, Abel's backstory was good tbh.
It's a 7/10 nothing more nothing less imo.
Oct 23, 2021 10:58 PM

Jul 2017
Looking at the opinions here, I'd agree if it was a 2-cour to flesh out the story more because there wasn't really a lot done with the sub-text of the plot. How one thing led to another...it was really well-paced...until the final stretch.

It was a "suck up b*tches in your face" kinda ending, going for the emotional impact rather than curing its Achilles' heel: the story (or rather the plot) which seemed so random like you're playing side quests to get to the destination, and then again it's not the end of that.

I wholeheartedly agree that you're being so shot-wonked for the final stretch, as if like the show is running out of gas. But for a Crunchyroll Original, at least this one had so much promise and majority of it severely underdelivered.

Good but not great.
Oct 23, 2021 10:59 PM

Jun 2020
Steed-M said:

Also, the romantic subplot. I expected it, but it was really kinda forced for me. Idk bro, just my 2cents.

Last year the director said he's trash at writing romance but forced himself to do add into Fena anyway 😭
Oct 23, 2021 11:00 PM
Feb 2021
I love one scene when Yukimaru tells Fena that he loves her, it’s sound very cute especially when his ears are turned red🥰☺️
Oct 23, 2021 11:05 PM
Dec 2019
Although the ending felt unrealistic but I'm totally fine with it. I still loved the ending. I can understand if people didn't liked it because it felt like a fantasy anime although the genre doesn't say it. The ending was similar to Vivy which is my another favourite short anime. This was a great journey. ❤️
Oct 23, 2021 11:18 PM

Jul 2011
They did my boy Brulle best boy, good boy, fluffy boy, dirty!

Those assholes didn't even bothered to bring him back even once for the finale, not even as a background character, they just went and deleted him from the show.

Any show that sends doggos to the shadow realm deserves my scorn.
Oct 23, 2021 11:41 PM
Feb 2021
what the hell was that
i dont even know what to say
still 7/10
Oct 23, 2021 11:51 PM
Dec 2020
So in the end, this anime is never about Pirate. Should rename it as 'Fena: The Mystic Princess' or 'Fena: The Jesus'
Oct 23, 2021 11:58 PM

Aug 2019
I really enjoyed the beginning episodes since I thought this show was going to be a show about Fena becoming a pirate but as the show went on I realized that wasn’t going to be the case, overall this finale made me drop my score from 7 to 6 since overall it was a cool show; would love to see a season 2 where they actually go on adventures though
Oct 23, 2021 11:58 PM
Jan 2017
This was honestly so bad, they basically retconed all the events of the series made a new fena which wasn't fena and for some reason had black hair? There were no emotional payoffs yukimarus confession to new fena felt forced because really this wasn't the fena we'd seen him grow to love. I woke up early to watch this and now quite frankly I wish I hadn't. I'm so disappointed in the ending. I was expecting some really adorable fenamaru moments but not this, this makes me sad and I've been excited about this all week.
Oct 24, 2021 12:16 AM

May 2020
I can't see how it got turned into this when all I expected was a simple adventure series from the impression of those initial episodes.
Too much things to be in single cour series but yeah atleast they tried to give a conclusive end to Fena and Yukimaru's relationship. Was a decent series but nothing really stands out.
Oct 24, 2021 12:26 AM
May 2021
I'm just glad Fena and Yukimaru confessed. I thought it wad gonna end with nothing, but they gave us that, which is more than other series have done. Everything wad kinda crazy, but it was a very emotional episode for me. Loved it.
Oct 24, 2021 12:36 AM

Dec 2014
I think the main issue with this series is, that at the beginning it felt like it was nicely building up to something greater, but at a pace where it felt like they were building up to a 2nd Season in full hopes of getting a greenlight for that.
But then it started to get more and more rushed since that didn't seem possible and they had to tie up the story.

I forgot which episode it was exactly, but at a certain episode everything felt like it was going from a near perfect pace, to suddenly just "get to the ending asap"

It was stll a enjoyable show to watch, but since I was expecting a Season 2 this was a pretty harsh way to end the series.

I really enjoyed that there was some highly mythical elements added to it, but I would have enjoyed that way more if it wasn't done so fast, they literally searched for Eden, found Eden, found the treasure, got to a mythical like world and made a world changing decision in like what, 2-3 episodes?

Even something like the buildup to Kai oder Kei (forgot because he was only shown once or twice briefly and at the end) was just brushed away with a 2s scene of them giving him the sword.

This series had such incredible potential in its early and pretty late stages, but this is the curse of original anime, nobody knows how it's going to go.

Oh well, nothing that can be done now.
Oct 24, 2021 1:15 AM

Feb 2017
Uhm.... I don't really know what to say. The show's plot was complete mess, especially in the last few episodes. Like bunch of unrelated people were asked to throw bunch of ideas at the wall and then someone just randomly assembled them together, especially that later half and the ending.

So many great ideas, fun characters with a lot of potential and behind it all a drop dead gorgeous production. Probably the most beautiful TV anime of this year. So a shame it turned out like this.

Anyway, even with all of the bad writing the show managed to remain fun and I was always entertained (which I now feel was mostly due to great production values).

Black haired Fena is nice.

5/10
Oct 24, 2021 1:26 AM
Nov 2017
ACasualViewer said:
The last few episodes were a complete detour from the first few and not in a good way. While I like it when a story goes far from its starting point, it needs to be paced in a decent manner, this just wasn't it.
Completely agree. I normally don’t like hating on others opinions but I honestly find it crazy that people thought this was a good ending and a masterful show at that.

Tsarko said:
Uhm.... I don't really know what to say. The show's plot was complete mess, especially in the last few episodes. Like bunch of unrelated people were asked to throw bunch of ideas at the wall and then someone just randomly assembled them together, especially that later half and the ending.

So many great ideas, fun characters with a lot of potential and behind it all a drop dead gorgeous production. Probably the most beautiful TV anime of this year. So a shame it turned out like this.

Anyway, even with all of the bad writing the show managed to remain fun and I was always entertained (which I now feel was mostly due to great production values).

Black haired Fena is nice.

5/10
Totally agree. Ended somewhere completely different from where it started. Production value was great but I feel like the writing crew just pulled a bunch of random and convoluted shit out of their ass in the second half just so the show could have some sort of deep or “emotional” ending/conclusion. Like nothing makes sense or was built up to. This show could’ve been something in the vain of Champloo , a journey with likeable characters and their various interactions with the world around them. A ending like Fena’s would require a lot of build up and backstory which would require countless of episodes. The show definitely didn’t have any of that. It’s crazy cause the world was so fucking interesting and they threw it all away for some meaningless ending. Also although I like Fenas design I find her character kind of bland and boring. Just your average nice but goes wherever the wind takes them type of character imo.

Mod Edit: Merged duplicated posts; please use the edit button.
anime-primeOct 24, 2021 9:50 AM
Oct 24, 2021 1:39 AM

Nov 2014
So she choose to remain a pawn till the end... "Born to choose" my ass. If someone told me that, I'd sure as hell just sit down there and refuse to make any choice for eternity. On top of that she gets to lose her memories AND give her descendants same shitty destiny. Might've as well cut her wrists there and laugh at Cody.
Tbh this felt very bad for me. She let herself be used and anime tried us to make feel sorry for her.
JustAnotherShiroOct 24, 2021 1:43 AM
Oct 24, 2021 1:49 AM

Apr 2014
LMAO..... this anime was suddenly changing from the pirates' thingies to be saving the fate of humanity with some magical supernatural power. She was forced to choose the fate of humanity. All of Fena's journey from the start is for being sacrificed and wiped out all of her memories. WTF... hahaha

Well...., at least, we've got black-haired Fena, which is better than the white one. And, it also looks like that she can regain her memories bit by bit.
何それ?意味分かんない
Oct 24, 2021 2:01 AM
Feb 2021
A beautiful piece of shit. The finale really makes no sense whatsoever.
Oct 24, 2021 2:13 AM

Apr 2015
I was kind of afraid of this... The ending wasn't as great as I expected it would be. So Fena is actually some kind of goddess who can choose to change the future to however she sees fit? At least that's what I gathered from the episode.

Black haired Fena is something else though! I just hate the whole memory loss bit, but atleast they live happily ever after.

Production was stellar whole way through, the ending definitely knocks it down a few in the rating. 7/10
Oct 24, 2021 2:17 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Fena lost her memories and got black hair instead xD they really wanted to do a "psychological" impactful ending but it was just ridiculous and not emotional at all, the beginning (first half) was pretty good and had good vibes, they should have stayed like that, they just thought they were able to create a masterpiece with the final ideas lol.
5/10 still a OK show but mainly because the 1st half was fine
Oct 24, 2021 2:21 AM

Jun 2019
A lot of questions were answered in this episode and I'm actually satisfied with it. As a show, t did what it was supposed to do. I really enjoyed this show even if it was so underrated this season. But, whatever the case, the journey was kinda fun while it lasted. Fena made the choice and now she has friends who care about her.

There were things that could've been done better but I won't go into that. But, yeah, a decent ending IMO, it could've gotten worse. I like Fena in her long black hair as well. She looks cute as usual. Not the greatest show out there but overall, it was fine.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kaizoku Oujo Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Aug 14, 2021

84 by SwediCandy »»
Feb 9, 8:13 AM

Poll: » Kaizoku Oujo Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Aug 28, 2021

55 by PatrickJaneFan »»
Jan 15, 12:59 PM

Poll: » Kaizoku Oujo Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Oct 2, 2021

60 by Kami_Willis »»
Apr 30, 2023 4:38 PM

Poll: » Kaizoku Oujo Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

MadanielFL - Sep 18, 2021

63 by nameofuser_ »»
Mar 14, 2023 8:24 PM

Poll: » Kaizoku Oujo Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Oct 16, 2021

87 by Beqkixbecca »»
Jan 5, 2023 8:56 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.