Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 23, 2021 5:28 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
They're definitely protraying Gammamon as an underdog so far in the show but he can also be vicious when he's angry.

Interesting to see Ruri being more relevant this episode. I guess they're giving all the protagonists their relevant screen time and role. She shouldn't be underestimated.
Oct 23, 2021 8:19 PM
Jun 2019
Another great episode. Angoramon kinda sounds like Wufei from Gundam Wing, but different voice actor. I love to see how even rookie level digimon can be a major threat to the city. And it looks like this won't be the end of Dracumon, either.
Oct 23, 2021 8:34 PM

Feb 2020
Another good and thrilling episode. Angoramon and Ruli joined the Ghost Game. They are such a nice duo.
Oct 23, 2021 8:44 PM

Apr 2011
Another really good episode, this show only gets better.
Oct 23, 2021 10:35 PM

Aug 2018
This episode had a pretty good start and an interesting idea but I didn't like how it progressed and its ending was underwhelming
It also had many off-design and weird faces.

Most importantly, didn't Mummymon touch people freely as he wanted in episode 2? Unless I'm missing something, 3 episodes in and we already have a plothole lol

The weakest episode among the three so far, hopefully the next is better.
Oct 23, 2021 10:59 PM

Jan 2009
so that Dracumon will come back some other time again huh

Angoramon and Ruli joins the party
Oct 24, 2021 1:24 AM
Feb 2017
I'm mixed on this episode. On one hand the horror part is done really well here. The fact that they chose a rookie level Digimon for something so scary is interesting, showing that digimon are capable of much more than just their signature attacks. Angoramon was also super likeable, being somewhat shy but a badass while fighting. While I didn't like his design when it was leaked it looks surprisingly good when actually fighting.

But it's the whole "materializing" thing that bothers me. According to Angoramon Digimon can't interact with solid matter (except appearantly the floor for some reason) until they materialize. Yet both Clockmon and Mummymon seemed to be able to interact with solid matter and humans, and even make themselves visible. Not only that, they seemed to be able to choose when to do so too, like they semi-materialized at will. It's just odd to me. Maybe it's because those two are stronger than simple rookies, but still. I guess I'll draw a conclusion in the next episode, since it has pumpkinmon seemingly interacting with solid matter.

Curious to see what the writers have planned with Dracmon.
Oct 24, 2021 2:45 AM

Feb 2019
I was thinking Dracumon gave up his eye a bit too easily. Now I see why.

For my first Digimon anime, this is quite enjoyable.
The line below is True.
The line above is False.
Oct 24, 2021 3:52 AM

Jan 2020
overlordpringerx said:
I'm mixed on this episode. On one hand the horror part is done really well here. The fact that they chose a rookie level Digimon for something so scary is interesting, showing that digimon are capable of much more than just their signature attacks. Angoramon was also super likeable, being somewhat shy but a badass while fighting. While I didn't like his design when it was leaked it looks surprisingly good when actually fighting.

But it's the whole "materializing" thing that bothers me. According to Angoramon Digimon can't interact with solid matter (except appearantly the floor for some reason) until they materialize. Yet both Clockmon and Mummymon seemed to be able to interact with solid matter and humans, and even make themselves visible. Not only that, they seemed to be able to choose when to do so too, like they semi-materialized at will. It's just odd to me. Maybe it's because those two are stronger than simple rookies, but still. I guess I'll draw a conclusion in the next episode, since it has pumpkinmon seemingly interacting with solid matter.

Curious to see what the writers have planned with Dracmon.

Perhap it has to do with their level. Clockmon and Mummymon are Champion and Ultimate level respectically so maybe they can interact with human better. If i recall Gammamon also invisible to Hiro's eyes until he activate the digivice
Oct 24, 2021 4:34 AM
KDE Plasma

Jun 2012
Digimon cannot touch humans directly,they can use their abilities against them. Unless they materialize of course.

That is why Mummiemon could use his bandages and transport humans through his bandages.

Clockmon only could use his attacks against humans.
Oct 24, 2021 4:45 AM

Aug 2018
Cyanwasserstoff said:
Digimon cannot touch humans directly,they can use their abilities against them. Unless they materialize of course.

That is why Mummiemon could use his bandages and transport humans through his bandages.

This is what I thought at first but then I went to rewatch some scenes and found this:

Oct 24, 2021 8:22 AM

Jul 2010
I liked this one! But I do have to ask: Why are the official subs writing Ruri's name as Ruli? Is that what the Japanese producers told them to go with, or is that just an error on Crunchyroll's part? I know Ruri is an actual Japanese name, so I'm not sure why they're spelling Ruri's name with an L.
Oct 24, 2021 9:30 AM

Jun 2021
Re: Mummymom and Clockmon. I feel like Digimon can materialize and dematerialize at will if they know how. They might be able to materialize parts of them, too. We'll probably see this with the protagonists sooner rather than later, since Angoramon isn't easy to hide.

Dracmon probably isn't strong enough/didn't figure out how to materialize yet. If he doesn't get a partner, I can see him finding a way to materialize in his next appearance.
Oct 24, 2021 9:40 AM

Dec 2013
This show is so enjoyable and engaging, I'm enjoying so much this take on Digimon and love that Kobayashi Yuu is voicing Ruri.
Oct 24, 2021 11:02 AM
Sep 2015
Next week Digimon is lucky to air Halloween episode in the exact Halloween day.
Oct 24, 2021 11:29 AM

Nov 2014
Yeah, its almost impossible not to point out the plot hole about how the "materialization" is supposed to actually work, but besides that, it was a nice episode.

The fight scene though, i feel like it could have been a bit better, it felt too short, and the animation was a bit lacking through the episode as well (there was a lot of close-up shots that clearly were intended to save time animating, but i think they abused too much from it in this episode).
error5000Oct 24, 2021 11:48 AM
Oct 24, 2021 12:17 PM

Apr 2021
Great episode, I love the new characters and hoping to see some more characters introduced soon.

Really hoping to see some more digimon introduced too.
Oct 24, 2021 1:17 PM

Jul 2016
i didnt understand how he aproached the girl, didnt pay attetion i think
Oct 24, 2021 10:17 PM

Mar 2018
Guys, it's not a plot hole until the show ended without addressing it. It urks me a bit too but let's wait and see. The discrepancy is too obvious to be a plot hole. I hope it's something related to Digimon's evolution levels like some users discussed above. I'm just happy enough we're getting a story-engaged, character-focused Digimon show like the franchise's old predecessors instead of something with mindless battles and unimportant filler episodes like a certain reboot.

Firechick12012 said:
I liked this one! But I do have to ask: Why are the official subs writing Ruri's name as Ruli? Is that what the Japanese producers told them to go with, or is that just an error on Crunchyroll's part? I know Ruri is an actual Japanese name, so I'm not sure why they're spelling Ruri's name with an L.
Here, bro. A screenshot from Digimon Wiki about her name. Tl;dr It's an official romanization from Toei.

RenkiniOct 25, 2021 3:15 AM

Oct 25, 2021 12:13 AM
Feb 2017
Yeah, it's too early to call it a plot hole yet. The fact that Dracmon knows what materialization in the first place despite not knowing about the digivice implies that some digimon already have, or have started to materialize, such as Clockmon and Mummymon. And Dracmon is by no means stupid, he's evidently quite intelligent and a capable fighter too
Oct 25, 2021 2:50 AM

Oct 2017
I didn't like how they were dillydallying things but other that a good episode. Angoromon finally materialised but this case is not over yet.
Oct 25, 2021 9:34 AM
Sep 2021
Still want more gammamon. Is that bad?
Oct 25, 2021 11:01 AM
May 2013
This show is pretty good, though Gammamon is incredibly annoying. I hate how so many anime have to have irritating reactions to eating food, it makes me pray someone doesn't walk in the room due to extreme second hand embarrassment.
Oct 25, 2021 11:40 AM
Sep 2014
Renkini said:
Guys, it's not a plot hole until the show ended without addressing it.

Technically it's not a plothole even if the show never addresses it. It's only a plothole if there is no possible logical explanation, it's irrelevant if said explanation is given in the show or not. And we already know there ARE possible explanations, people in comments above already gave two: it may be a level difference or it may be about that you need to learn how to do that first and not every Digimon knows. It may also be a mix of both. This itself disqualifies it as a plothole. It might change if something happens in the show that contradicts both theories, though.

About the episode:

Wow, that sure is a beautiful piano piece, no wonder Angoramon likes it so much. I'll be mad if it's not on the OST. I like how Ruri can already feel Angoramon's presence even though she doesn't have the bracelet yet, it shows that she's a fitting person to be partnered with a Digimon, not just some random girl who happens to be involved in a case.

The episode sure was spooky with Ruri's hands slowly disappearing and that one woman's hair growing like crazy. Again, the OST really helps here, all combined creates a great sense of steadily escalating tension.

I laughed a bit when Ruri honestly tried to Google how to get rid of something that is basically equivalent to a curse. But on the other hand it's the times we live in and it's not like it would hurt to try it. So I guess I'm overreacting a bit here.

I love that after an Adult and then a Perfect we get a Child level and they still manage to make him into a serious threat. This is how you write a story, first use the smaller guns and make them seem like they are the big ones so alter you can show off the actual BIG GUNS for a better effect.

I like how realistic Ruri acts, thinking Hiro is kinda fishy but still counting on him since he's the only lead she has. Also in the short scene with Angoramon (and also from his explanation that he is not trying to make himself visible) you can tell how shy he is and yet he decides to gather his courage to speak up, because Ruri needs to be saved fast. I love Angoramon's voice choice to be the same as Gaomon's from Savers, especially that the VA is doing a great job making Angoramon sound much more held-back and deep-voiced than Gaomon (despite the latter not being the most lively guy in the world already). Honestly I think he's even better as Angoramon, but maybe that's because of him being more experienced than back then (and also just older, I guess). I actually knew the voice soinded familiar and then I felt very stupid for not recognizing after checking the VA on MAL. By the way, anyone knows who is Dracumon's VA? I'm positive I know the guy but my stupid brain won't remember, lol.

Again I like Hero for being smart and collected, trying to talk Dracumon out of trying to materialize by using logical arguments. Though luck tho, this is not Adventure reboot so villains are actually smart XD

Ruri hugging Angoramon killed me with cuteness! Now that Mofumofu is finally part of the team, I'm looking forward to seeing (and hearing!) more of him <3

Now that they showed the 4th episode's preview, it's obvious why they haven't aired a week ago - they wanted the Pumpkinmon's episode air on Halloween. In that case I guess I can forgive them. Every episode of this show would be a perfect Halloween material, but pumpkins gotta be pumpkins.
Oct 25, 2021 2:15 PM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
So Ruri's got the big fluffy digimon Angoramon as her partner and Hiro has convinced Dracumon to stop pulling pranks for now.
Oct 25, 2021 7:40 PM

Mar 2018
apokaliz500 said:
By the way, anyone knows who is Dracumon's VA? I'm positive I know the guy but my stupid brain won't remember, lol.
After checking out the credits, it's this guy: https://myanimelist.net/people/344/Kouki_Miyata

The same VA as PicoDevimon from Adventure 01.

Oct 25, 2021 9:48 PM
Sep 2014
Renkini said:
After checking out the credits, it's this guy: https://myanimelist.net/people/344/Kouki_Miyata

The same VA as PicoDevimon from Adventure 01.

PicoDevimon really fits the guy, thanks!
Oct 28, 2021 11:12 AM

Mar 2008
Dracumon is basically if 4chn was a Digimon. Lol

I felt like Angoramon's reason for dedication to Ruri was a bit weak for her to be won over so easily. I mean she was cautious with Hero up until needing him so why not a monster that materialized out of nowhere ? Would make more sense if there was some kind of backstory about her piano playing that hasn't been covered.
Oct 28, 2021 12:56 PM
Sep 2014
traed said:

I felt like Angoramon's reason for dedication to Ruri was a bit weak for her to be won over so easily. I mean she was cautious with Hero up until needing him so why not a monster that materialized out of nowhere ? Would make more sense if there was some kind of backstory about her piano playing that hasn't been covered.

She probably has been feeling his presence for quite a while now, so she could be subconsciously forming a bond with him, as crazy as it may sound. Not to mention - what else was she supposed to do in that situation?
Oct 28, 2021 1:01 PM

Mar 2008
apokaliz500 said:
traed said:

She probably has been feeling his presence for quite a while now, so she could be subconsciously forming a bond with him, as crazy as it may sound. Not to mention - what else was she supposed to do in that situation?

I was referring to how she reacted toward his response rather than her just going with the flow.
Oct 30, 2021 6:37 PM
May 2017
I think this season of Digimon is going to be more like Tamers where the kids will be part of their last form, I’m guessing because of the vital sign stuff. And I think Dracumon is gonna be the Impmon of this season as well, prankster that’s kinda evil and recurring that might become an ally later. And there’s only 3 mains so far each getting introduced slowly.
Nov 5, 2021 3:15 PM

Apr 2008
Angoramon didn't say that "digimon can't materialize and be seen by common people", he said that HE can't materialize because he doesn't know how (and doesn't want) to do it. Nor does Dracmon, apparently.

But until now, basically all digimon with a strong enough power were all visible to people (Clockmon, Mummymon, Pumpmon), so it most probably is a matter of power level/knowledge.
Aug 24, 2022 6:22 PM
Aug 2022
I want to hug Angoramon too! So fluffy. I enjoyed him a lot. A nice addition.
Dec 18, 2022 2:49 AM

Feb 2021
That Angoramon sure are very big XD
- Mal-Badge -

Level 25
Ranked 1135
Last update : 27.02.2022 at 05:50

My Candies :

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

More topics from this board

» We have to be honest and say the truth about this anime

KuronoAlien - Mar 31, 2023

19 by Serafos »»
Mar 3, 12:42 AM

Poll: » Digimon Ghost Game Episode 67 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 25, 2023

50 by Hound-of-MAL »»
Sep 2, 2023 4:33 AM

Poll: » Digimon Ghost Game Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 2, 2021

77 by White_Alice »»
Aug 22, 2023 6:34 PM

» Season 2!?!?

Bolillo99 - Mar 26, 2023

6 by TheBerserker »»
May 23, 2023 11:30 PM

» list some sexy digimons

deg - Feb 26, 2023

33 by MahiaErebeaNegi »»
Apr 8, 2023 9:36 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.