Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Oct 24, 2021 5:37 AM
Nov 2020
This ep was slow, just build up and not much happened.
Oct 24, 2021 6:40 AM

May 2019
And so we see the legit Antagonist Plot Armor.

Will be very shitty narrative if again the angels knew there is a way to block the arrows but "oh, we forgot to tell"

sonu711 said:
If saki has angel it means that she also wanted to die?

And since she hadn't the "you must live to achieve greater happiness" stuff, she probably still wants to die.

I imagine how long will take to the dense MC notice it.
Oct 24, 2021 6:42 AM

May 2021
Rob7 said:

Will be very shitty narrative if again the angels knew there is a way to block the arrows but "oh, we forgot to tell"

sonu711 said:
If saki has angel it means that she also wanted to die?

And since she hadn't the "you must live to achieve greater happiness" stuff, she probably still wants to die.

yeah , how much time will it take to notice she wanted to die!!!!
Oct 24, 2021 6:54 AM

Jul 2008
sonu711 said:
Rob7 said:

yeah , how much time will it take to notice she wanted to die!!!!

I was just going to say the same thing, glad I am not the only one bothered by their simplicity.
I don't really get how they all seem to forget about their dying wish.
Like I don't like Kakehashi since he was all suicidal in the first episode and in just did a 180 turn, wishing to be happy and living.
Feel like the series don't take suicide as a serious matter.
"Yay Saki-chan hit me, yay I love Saki-chan, yaaay let's be happy with Saki-chan"
Man... your character is not consistent.
And the romance is so damn quick to happen.
"Seeing you Kakehashi-kun, I feel like I want to be happy"
but guuuurl ...?!

Ugh.

Just saying I wished for a lot more drama than this.
Oct 24, 2021 7:35 AM

Feb 2016
@Shirayukin @sonu711 @Rob7 @cainael
I read the manga. No spoilers, but I feel Saki is the only character with a good backstory.
その目だれの目?
Oct 24, 2021 8:01 AM

May 2019
cainael said:
[quote=sonu711 message=64735663
but guuuurl ...?!

Ugh.

Just saying I wished for a lot more drama than this.[/color]

Well, but she was the worst actress ever when saying that words.

I can see clearly the incel audience rooting like "yes, he confessed and the anime now stated how pure is his love, so she must be falling in love with him too!"

In meanwhile the author: "Saki, you was going to kill yourself but now you are involved in all this mess and there is this old childhood friend weird acting like a retarded because you arrowed him as your weak angel told you. Are you really happy? Don't you feel even more depressed? Don't tell it to the audience, tho"

Rob7Oct 24, 2021 8:36 AM
Oct 24, 2021 8:21 AM

Jul 2008
Rob7 said:
cainael said:
[quote=sonu711 message=64735663
but guuuurl ...?!

Ugh.

Just saying I wished for a lot more drama than this.[/color]

Well, but she was the worst actress ever when saying that words.

I can see clearly the incel audience rooting like "yes, he confessed and the anime now stated how pure is his love, so she must be falling in love with him too!"

In meanwhile the author: "Saki, you was going to kill yourself but now you are involved in all this mess and there is this old childhood friend weird acting like a retarded because you arrowed him as your weak angel told you. Are you really happy? Don't you fell even more depressed? Don't tell it to the audience, tho"

Yes at first I felt this feeling about "it's not sincere, it's all because my red arrow", but even when the arrow's symptoms were gone she's acted all bland wishing to also be happy one day.
Not making sense for me...

@Lucifrost I am afraid to keep hope in her, haha but let's see in the future how his past story turns out !
Oct 24, 2021 9:15 AM
Jul 2021
DKDiabloLicht said:
Wow this shit is pissing me off, first he could have avoided everything if he wasn't a Beta male and kept walking. And now he's Red Arrowed so I like him even less. Also what a bitch she is,. You are going to shoot your childhood Friend and force him to love you? He wouldn't have done that to her. I seriously hate him right now Red Arrowed. Before he was a soft weakling who was broken by life (justifiably) and now he's a Simp
. Also don't you know one of you WILL die? It has to end with one candidate doesn't it? This character has mush for brains lol. Also GOING yo the stadium? When you know it's a trap? He's a weakling who can't fight, and has a weak will, he's not going to be able to fight Metropoliman or anyone else, why would he think that was a good idea? Especially since he couldn't hide his reaction to seeing Saki's Angel, so obviously he's too stupid to hide his reaction in this big situation or at least experience dictates. I really do like this Anime but man the MC is irritating to me at times.
Tbh I seriously doubt that if an angel flew right into your face you would be able to keep walking without even flinching lmao
Oct 24, 2021 9:18 AM
Jul 2021
Gerbotik said:
DKDiabloLicht said:
Wow this shit is pissing me off, first he could have avoided everything if he wasn't a Beta male and kept walking. And now he's Red Arrowed so I like him even less. Also what a bitch she is,. You are going to shoot your childhood Friend and force him to love you? He wouldn't have done that to her. I seriously hate him right now Red Arrowed. Before he was a soft weakling who was broken by life (justifiably) and now he's a Simp
. Also don't you know one of you WILL die? It has to end with one candidate doesn't it? This character has mush for brains lol. Also GOING yo the stadium? When you know it's a trap? He's a weakling who can't fight, and has a weak will, he's not going to be able to fight Metropoliman or anyone else, why would he think that was a good idea? Especially since he couldn't hide his reaction to seeing Saki's Angel, so obviously he's too stupid to hide his reaction in this big situation or at least experience dictates. I really do like this Anime but man the MC is irritating to me at times.
Tbh I seriously doubt that if an angel flew right into your face you would be able to keep walking without even flinching lmao

Well Me yes, someone who's never experienced anything like that. But considering he got caught will jumping off a building by an angel and knows he's in a death game with people that can shoot him with a Red Arrow and turn him into a Slave, there's a pretty high stakes and he's got some familiarity. Seriously I'm still SOO pissed at Saki for that Red Arrow. Especially since I know a little (more than I should) of their backstory
Oct 24, 2021 11:09 AM
Oct 2014
Very clunky execution. Reminds me of CG and Mirai Nikki but not as badly entertaining like Mirai Nikki was.
Oct 24, 2021 8:04 PM

Aug 2015
It´s funny how this is everything Death Note wasn´t, and I don´t mean that in a good way. Even All you need is kill was a lot more entertaining giving how short it is.

I also like how each episode we get more information on how to break the rules the manga is (apparently) following. So it won´t surprise me in the slightest if our protagonist ends up developing some kind of weird op power of kindness or something like that. Then we have the main issue: both him and the waifu are angels, so either he kills her or sacrifices himself for him, and considering this is something made by the author of Death Note, both scenarios are more likely than someone else killing the main girl.
Oct 25, 2021 6:05 PM

Sep 2018
Everything is so fast but it didn't feel rush at all. I think the pacing is good. We have a romance in just one episode lol it's cute but the girl is still mysterious.. where's her parents and why she became candidate? Did she think of suicide too and Revel help her? Also their angels are so cute!! I thought Revel is a bad angel but he's not. I'm glad!

I like Metropolitan at first but now he became cringy lol the meet up in stadium is weird but let's see what will happen next..
Oct 26, 2021 2:18 PM
Jul 2019
So, this metropolman is such a show off........

I can never understand as to why male angels have their wings on their pelvic area while the female angels have theirs on their backs.
Oct 26, 2021 6:25 PM
I Hate My Son

Dec 2011
The reason why all 13 contestants are in Japan being that "Lots of people commit suicide there" is soooooo lazy lmao
Oct 26, 2021 8:25 PM

May 2019
Okazaki93 said:
The reason why all 13 contestants are in Japan being that "Lots of people commit suicide there" is soooooo lazy lmao

Know what is a hard work? Trying to take this "serious" anime seriously lol

But since that angel also do the job of a comedic (dark-humor) relief character, it is understandable.
Oct 27, 2021 5:53 AM
Mar 2012
MC turns super simp.
Revel trickster pretty cool with Nasse.
Well awkward 33 day timeskip, they go school & live together... & nothing happens?
Turns into Sentai show, we Shikizakura now.
Oct 28, 2021 8:14 AM

May 2020
FuMomo-kun said:
Already hate Saki.

Mirai's goals are also very weak. Like, unbelievably weak.

How come no one is making fun of those weird cosplay? People laugh at what they don't think is normal, and based on everybody's clothing, those cosplay suits are not normal.

from the first look, i already dislike her and we might see her betray mirai.
Oct 28, 2021 8:16 AM

May 2020
Okazaki93 said:

nah, the author trying to imply that god only cares abt japan hahahahaa
Oct 28, 2021 8:17 AM

May 2020
Anlex said:
Ok I have just one question ... why did they actually go there? Could they not just send their angel/s there and watch the broadcast?

of course, he will. he's the mc , the thick plot armor will shine throughout this series haha
Oct 28, 2021 8:34 AM

Sep 2018
I just can't be bothered any more, what is this show even trying to say!?

It's just so lacklustre, it deserves to bomb.

Quantum ille canis est in fenestra
Oct 28, 2021 1:21 PM

Mar 2021
''All God candidates are from Japan'' thing was a little bit stupid.. I mean depressed people are every where you know.. I hope they can clarify this.

I thought Revel was going to be an antagonist, I never thought that he was going to be an ally and I never thought he was Saki's angel.. Idk why but I thought he was Metropoliman's angel :D Which he was clearly not..
This is Nanba Prison. No one has ever escaped successfully from this prison. -Nanbaka

Nov 2, 2021 4:01 AM
May 2015
This show is getting weirder and weirder. But I feel like the tell vs show ratio is getting too steep. Events are basically being spoken at us

I really like that the two new dudes said "you're going in cosplay? Alright" and they matched his energy asksksksksksk
icyicy00Nov 2, 2021 4:04 AM
Nov 4, 2021 10:01 PM

Jan 2020
Oh man, why was I looking forward to this anime. The mc is unbearable to watch and he got even worse having become a simp now. What was Death Note’s author thinking…

Also, how do people consider this “romance”. He’s just an annoying simp and she doesn’t care for him like that and admits as much. Even if she returns his feelings, which I doubt she will, it’s going to be annoying throughout. Her angel is a decent character and I don’t mind Nasse, but literally every other character especially the main 2 suck.
AnimillionNov 4, 2021 10:11 PM
Nov 5, 2021 8:39 AM
May 2020
mirai was a lil lap dog for that whole episode ahlie 🤣
Nov 6, 2021 8:30 AM

Dec 2016
The beginning scene happened so quickly that it was cringey.

More mecha people are here and it looks like those blue and yellow ones are probably working with metropoliman. And them shooting the red arrow was probably to show the other God candidates that the armor is strong enough to withstand the red arrow.

Saki's angel doesn't seem to be evil. It's a good thing they are working together now.

When Mirai just flew like that in the middle of the school yard, how come no one noticed? Or is it that seeing Metropoliman flying around like that got them used to it...
Rickydory123Nov 6, 2021 8:35 AM
Nov 6, 2021 10:42 AM
Feb 2021
I didn't know if I will watch what is after because I don't really enjoy this episode.
Nov 6, 2021 4:00 PM

Sep 2015
I was afraid Saki would kill Mirai.

Jeez how is Mirai able to fly up that high up in the Stratosphere without having difficulties breathing?

Well Nasse makes a good point as to why all the angels are in Japan.

August 6th 2023: Biggest upset ever, deception, selfishness, or scammed, manipulated. Heavy damage costs, and more. Days since: 15 Last updated: 8/21/2023

One Piece Episode 1041 & 1042 & 1047 & 1048 & 95.75%/1049 & 1053 were a mistake and Uta brought the salvation -AhriTheS3xyFox

Nov 30, 2021 10:07 AM

Mar 2010
The power of two virgins holding hands, well then again that gal might have been raped and wanted to neck herself but anyways damn shit is heating up.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Dec 3, 2021 12:30 AM

Dec 2013
I guess I shouldn't be surprised that Saki also happened to be a god candidate.

I wonder if metropoloman actually thought that people wouldn't immediately suspect that it was a trap. It was still a decent idea considering that they really did get a few candidates to come.
Feb 19, 2022 8:57 PM
Feb 2020
Love the slight twist of the love interest having an angel and forcing the main character into loving her when he already did. Also, very interesting since any main character will have been suicidal at one point. The interaction between the angels was adorable and hilarious.

Woo, metropalamans angel was fierce. Also? He said straight to hell?? Does that mean the losers go to hell if they don't become God? AWESOME. But Jeez, super sad fact about Japan having such a high suicide rate. My prayers to all those we have lost.

Ending was great, cant wait to see what the deal with the armor is.
Mar 2, 2022 1:28 AM
Oct 2019
i like the guy's angel. "purity" definitely is a fitting description of her. she just seems so nice and wise and pure hearted. i didn't realize she was a special rank. if they already told us in a previous episode i must've missed it

truth be told, that trickster angel isn't half bad either. at least he has some personality. but the two faux love birds are total duds. boring af. well, more like she's boring af and he's dumb af. at the end the girl said she wasn't interested in him at the end. OOF

so this episode spanned 33 days? since the red arrow wore off. the red arrow was kind of worthless to the story haha

did anybody else notice that one trickster angel's wings were on upside down in the opening scene? lmao. whoopsies

we learned a little more about the mechanics of the candidates work, and we were left with seeing that murderer somehow being invulnerable to red arrows
Apr 16, 2022 6:01 AM
Jan 2016
I kinda guessed the girl would also become a candidate when they said that he'd go to the same school as her but I wasn't expecting her to show up this quickly. Besides that, I don't get it. Why would they go to the stadium? Just send your angel and then stay at home.
May 17, 2022 4:01 PM

Dec 2007
no no no no, no.
saki is way cuter in the manga.

anyway, more importantly,
i get the need to rush up and cut some dialogues,
but that's lowering lots of depth from the story.
for example,
the reason why god candidate are only in japan is getting much better explanation in the manga
(to my memory).
the good thing it does,
is making mirai and saki better in the manga.
meaning - they are less annoying than they are supposed to be lol.
but still, they could end the episode with different cliffhanger and expand little more.

the good things are:
nasse and ravel are good characters.
and the story keeping going good.
(good as platinum end could be lol)
Jun 16, 2022 3:12 AM

Jul 2015
I wonder what the point of Mirai and Saki physically going there is, if they could just watch the broadcast like Revel suggested as they see the angels and wings anyway.

Aug 23, 2022 8:43 PM
GetsugaTENSHO

Jul 2012
10/10 again. No way I'm believing that MAL score. Another good anime rated below 6.30

張大です for 張大勇督察
Dec 1, 2022 8:25 PM
Nov 2022
its like the writer thought of the criticisms about light yagami being “too unreal and psychotic” & not rlly deserving to win anyways cuz of his narcissism & so made mirai a more “human” version of him; while giving metropolitan light’s nature just cuz he still loves that idea of a character & wanted to explore it deeper by setting it up against a non-psychopathic rival this time!
Oct 19, 2023 11:30 AM
Jun 2022
Rewatching This Knowing The End Stinks A lil... Still Animation Is Noice... So Can Do With It.
Dec 10, 2023 3:02 AM
Dec 2023
Maravilloso anime
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Platinum End Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2022

274 by Kitsu-nee »»
Jan 20, 5:03 AM

Poll: » Platinum End Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 28, 2021

162 by jose777manuel »»
Dec 10, 2023 3:03 AM

Poll: » Platinum End Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 14, 2021

139 by jose777manuel »»
Dec 10, 2023 3:01 AM

Poll: » Platinum End Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Oct 7, 2021

230 by Lita2013 »»
Nov 25, 2023 9:03 PM

» moral of the story

Kanashito - Apr 3, 2022

23 by bastek66 »»
Nov 18, 2023 8:19 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.