Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Oct 21, 2021 9:23 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well, Kage can show human emotions after all despie how strange it is.

Not going to lie, I was entertained watching Bojji spar with Daida. The latter looked pretty frustrated. He was definitely try to prove everyone something, although I think he went too far. Daida needs to control himself better or he's going to hurt others including himself.
Oct 21, 2021 9:23 AM

Jun 2019
Man... Poor Bojji. I feel so bad for him. He got injured pretty badly in the fight against Daida after the instructions from Domas to stop dodging and fight like a true king. Idk how I feel about Domas right now. He could go either way right now. I don't trust him fully yet but we'll see.

Other than that, we got to see more into Kage's character with the help of a backstory on his childhood. That was really sad if you ask me. We also got to see Kage's mother... (┬┬﹏┬┬). This episode was full of emotions and pain. I feel so bad for Kage now. Very sad past. That gift scene was so pure. I cried in this episode. No regrets.

*sobs*
Oct 21, 2021 9:24 AM

Jul 2017
The Shadow Clan has always been raucously targeted by the Royal family (whom they dubbed the Light Clan), and Kage being young at the time, his mother protected him from their infamy. At least the young countess Poise and her butler assistant helped him escape, but it leaves him all alone and wandering around like a lost kid. Beings who look evil, but are taught to help others.

The troubles of Kage being mistreated by humans, as such with a drunk man making him do chores to outright stealing. It's sad to see Kage treat this man as family and betray him, even as such when he's at his death throes, leaving him alone once again.

No wonder Kage grew up being a thief, that is until he met Prince Bojji, and continuing last episode's sparring session with his brother Daida under Domas's supervision. Bojji getting beaten up by Daida while no one's stopping them is a matter of pride of fighting like someone fit for royalty, until Apeas stopped the fight from getting much worse.

Kage sees that Bojji is not even trustworthy in the royal ranks, while getting much-needed recovery, he always wants to try his best without giving up. Kage giving Bojji a proposal to stay by his side, that's pretty heartwarming.

Would be interesting to see how Kage would stand forth alongside Prince Bojji.
KANLen09Oct 21, 2021 10:53 AM
Oct 21, 2021 9:25 AM

Nov 2007
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Oct 21, 2021 10:55 AM

Jul 2019
Such a good fucking episode man, so much passion in this show, i love the manga but the anime is just taking it to a step above.
Oct 21, 2021 11:02 AM
Sep 2015
With very strong first episode I was doubt if this episode can top the first one. Turns out it easily win with a massive drama and a cute little heartwarming moment at the end. But I'm becoming more aware because this show can be too cruel sometimes. Now it'll be harder for episode 3 to surprise me, I won't be catch off-guard by unexpected emotion again.
Oct 21, 2021 11:04 AM
Oct 2016
I bawled my eyes out that entire episode. My heart hurts so much for Bojji and Kage, seeing the latter's backstory was rough. We knew from the first episode that Kage was the last of his clan but damn his childhood was rough. That kingdom just brutally killed his whole family, especially his mom. Then the way that one guy he found treated him like absolute dirt not realizing how bad he'd been until seeing Kage as the man laid dying. Kage was such a sweet kid whom the world just crumbled up and tried to throw away. Its just so heartbreaking to see something like that.

Jumping back to the duel between Bojji and Daida that ended the previous episode, Bojji did great dodging those attacks. Complete bullshit those people saying his moves were cowardly and dirty, he's winning the fight and not fighting dirty at all! Daida just wailing on him made my blood boil like how could those onlookers just let that happen. Despicable all of them except for that one guard who saw Bojji dodge the snakes before. The moment where Kage remembered all those times of loss when he was a kid and now Bojji about to be added to that hurt so much. That's when the tears really started to flow for me. Bojji sweet smile about to be gone forever. Thankfully that spear throw ended things. Kage going to see Bojji later was sweet. Bojji trying desperately to pick up that sword. Gladly now Kage said he's gonna stick by Bojji no matter what. I hope they can be friends for life.
Oct 21, 2021 11:06 AM
Jan 2021
VP2003boi said:
Such a good fucking episode man, so much passion in this show, i love the manga but the anime is just taking it to a step above.
I went and found a well-ahead fan translation with the full intention to read ahead, but then I forgot to do so. But I've decided so long as the adaption is being praised by the source readers, I'll just remain anime only and let everything come to me new.
Oct 21, 2021 11:16 AM
Oct 2017
The animation reminds me of Studio Ghibli. Hayao Miyazaki must be smiling from heaven.
The artwork is one of the best of 2021 ❤️
Oct 21, 2021 11:24 AM

Sep 2020
Holy shit this episode was so perfect
Oct 21, 2021 11:25 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Already tearing up on episode 2, Kage's facial expressions and the dread of seeing his mom dead on a stick is just really hard to bear.

I'm glad he found the man and the little girl who helped him out so well.

While it was hard to watch, it is true that Bojji can't only just dodge his opponent's attacks when he can't profit from it with just so little strength.

Kage fully committed to staying by Bojji's side ;_;
Oct 21, 2021 11:31 AM

Jan 2009
damn that made my cry

Kage and Boji are unfortunate lets see how they will win against society
Oct 21, 2021 11:37 AM
Jun 2020
I’m not even gonna lie, this is probably the best thing I’ve ever watched in my life
Oct 21, 2021 11:38 AM
Jun 2020
RonoroaZoro said:
The animation reminds me of Studio Ghibli. Hayao Miyazaki must be smiling from heaven.
bro he’s not dead lol
Oct 21, 2021 11:39 AM

Sep 2020
I got very emotional while watching this episode ಥ‿ಥ.

Wit studio is doing a great job in adapting the source material. I have read the Web Manga which is good but the Anime is great 10 time better then the source material. Thank you Wit.
ZXEANOct 22, 2021 7:25 AM
Oct 21, 2021 11:45 AM

Jul 2011
The Shadow clan persecution part made me have Berserk flashbacks when the soldiers appeared with the killed shadows impaled.

Damn! Almost every kind heart kid to everyone in that kingdom is creepy. I want to see how Poise is now.

Kage had a good mother, and she wasn't a hypocrite, which is good.

At least there's someone with a little of common sense in the knights ranks. Ty, Apeas

Now Boji have his spy division.
Oct 21, 2021 11:48 AM
Feb 2021
it is getting better, really great episode, I feel so bad for boiji, and poor shadow has a sad backstory, the episode feels so short, I need more
Oct 21, 2021 11:56 AM

Jul 2017
RonoroaZoro said:

Hayao Miyazaki is still alive, wtf?
Oct 21, 2021 11:58 AM

May 2021
Great episode! That scene where Kage’s mother told him to escape and that she’d meet with him later but Kage ended up seeing her dead really hit hard. I’m happy we got see some backstory for Kage. I hate that old man who treated Kage so badly and used him to steal money only for him to sell him out in the end. I really hate Boji’s brother Deida. Boji would have wreckt him if he wasn’t told by his master to not fight cowardly.

Really liking this show so far. Looking forward to the next episode!
AISHITERU...REM!
Oct 21, 2021 12:00 PM

Jan 2015
Jesus fucking christ I literally cried twice. What an heartbreaking episode.
Oct 21, 2021 12:01 PM

Sep 2020
RonoroaZoro said:
I am dying, can't stop laughing 🤣😂🤣Thanks for making me laugh bro.
ZXEANOct 21, 2021 12:15 PM
Oct 21, 2021 12:15 PM

Apr 2018
The backstory of Kage was pretty heartbreaking. Discrimination was pretty heavy for him. Escaped and left his own mother because of the humans..
Well well, Boiji put up a great fight but ended up with injuries. Beaten up by Daida and everyone is just looking at them. They ain't helping anytime soon.
Ending was pretty wholesome, seems like they'll be staying at each other's side now.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Oct 21, 2021 12:15 PM

Nov 2016
The opening and ending are seriously friggin good.

And man, poor smol Kage. Heartbreakingly bittersweet how he kept clinging to that small time hoodlum, especially the hand holding scene. Bad company is still better than the pain of being alone to some people. Also loved the bonding at the end.

Great follow up episode. This series is proving that you don't necessarily need a fancy plot to keep your audience engaged. Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication or so they say.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Oct 21, 2021 12:23 PM

Sep 2017
Fantastic episode, I'm in love with this anime
Bojji and Kage are such great characters
Oct 21, 2021 12:27 PM

Feb 2014
Made the mistake of reading the web toon so it seemed to me just as retelling the story until around the 15th minute where i started to tear up. Boji and Kage's friendship is something I can't wait to find out more about.
Oct 21, 2021 12:52 PM
Dec 2020
I was so much excited for this anime, didn't knew anything about story but i wanted to watch it and it is worth watching I'm loving it i cry and cry and cry over it this anime is full of feelings
Some say they dont like it's animation but, according to me it perfect and unique and it is masterpiece, at today's episode i cried like non stop it triggered my emotions one after another i love it ..
Oct 21, 2021 1:04 PM

Jul 2017
The manga scenes for this part were decent, but the anime made it 100x more impactful I have to say. That was a great episode, and this series is shaping up to be the 2nd best of the season for me behind Mushoku Tensei. Never imagined I would feel sympathetic for a fucking shadow but this show succeeded in that. The animation and cuts too for Bojji's crying out his frustrations after he got done dirty like that was stellar, it makes me want to see him conquer all the bullshit obstacles facing his way and win in life. For how he can't talk, his actions and personality speaks volumes more than most characters I've come across this year in only 2 episodes. Also liked the pacing for the backstory for Kage and going through this experiences in the past for more than half the episode. I love for how cartoony the visuals are, the messages and potential for the rest of the series feels more mature and thought out than a lot of anime out there this year, with proper execution too. Kind of surreal stuff here.

Also, after a few listens to the King Gnu OP, I can say I like it now. Felt odd to me in the first episode but it's good now.
Oct 21, 2021 1:09 PM
Jan 2021
THIS EPISODE was great! We finslly see kages backstory which im glad since for most viewers the first episode just kind of threw him in there as a thief, seeing bojji cry is honestly so painful but this is animated by WIT and I never fail to see how good Wit portrays emotional scenes and it really hit this episode. I wanna see how Poise grew up she had me dying with her face expressions!
Oct 21, 2021 1:13 PM

Jun 2021
really loved this episode. Wanted the fight to have the opposite result but well, the last scene of they being together made it all good
Oct 21, 2021 1:19 PM

Jan 2020
I can't wait to see how the story progresses after this!
Oct 21, 2021 1:25 PM
Jan 2021
Kage story is really sad and thats most likely why he became a thief but im glad once he saw bojji in that fight which he definitely won and stopped taking stuff from him was wholesome. that ending was a real tear jerk.
Oct 21, 2021 1:35 PM
Jul 2020
I want more, give me more!!!!!!!

Jun 2012
animejas said:
The manga scenes for this part were decent, but the anime made it 100x more impactful I have to say.

Totally agree 100%. I read what few chapters are currently available after the premiere but was surprised at how much better the anime executed this part of the story purely by restructuring events.

Dec 2009
That was beautiful. I'm crying. Again. So Thursdays will be about crying... <3
Oct 21, 2021 1:56 PM

Apr 2011
Rewatching the trailer had spoiled me Bojji's defeat but damn this episode was good!
Oct 21, 2021 2:06 PM

May 2021
BEAUTIFUL EPISODE
Oct 21, 2021 2:11 PM

Sep 2014
I knew this series had a lot of potential when I saw the PV... but I didn't expect it to get THIS good. Let alone the fact that this is climax level quality and we've barely gotten started.
Oct 21, 2021 2:18 PM
Jan 2017
Ive cried twice now both episodes, thats not even including when both op and ed plays, this might dethrone my top 1 anime after 5 years
Hhhmmmmmm.......
Oct 21, 2021 2:23 PM

Jan 2008
Rem4lifexD said:
Boji would have wreckt him if he wasn’t told by his master to not fight cowardly.

The problems is you're wrong. Nothing Bojji could have done would have injured Deida. Those light taps were literally the best Boji could do.
Oct 21, 2021 2:38 PM

Nov 2013
Surprisingly emotional episode! I suppose the little princess (who sheltered little Kage) will one day return.
It's a great ending. Bojji needed that moral support from Kage.
Oct 21, 2021 2:58 PM
Jun 2013
I got genuinely mad, when they started to badmouth Bojji. But, I mean, mad at the point of wanting to hit something and thinking "That fuckin bully is the attitude of a king? TELL ME". What a frustrating feeling, god.

And also felt really bad when I saw little Kage wanting no be with that guy even after him treating him bad.

But, dude, I CAN'T believe how I cried when I saw Bojji trying to pick up the Sword, to dry off his tears to fake a smile in front of Kage and him offering the treasure as a grattitude gift for spending time with him, I crying of PURE sadness, and inmmediate after that, I find myself crying of ABSOLUTE JOY seeing him so happy to see that Kage want to be a real friend of him.

This anime is something else. Is something beautiful.
Oct 21, 2021 3:18 PM
Aug 2009
I've lost all respect for Domas, he is a shit human being. If they were using actual swords and not sticks, Boiji would've won 20 times over. Can we get spear guy to train Boiji? he seems like the only one that cares about fairness, not that trash of a human being who won't even teach him how to fight and idly stands by as his pupil is beaten ruthlessly. What a trash human being.
Oct 21, 2021 3:18 PM

Jan 2020
I literally cried my eyes out, peak fiction!
Oct 21, 2021 3:22 PM
Apr 2019
Good episode. Definitely much better than the average first episode. The ghibli-ish art style still bothers me a lot. Hope I'll get used to it.
Oct 21, 2021 3:40 PM
Nov 2017
that's gonna be a master of work for sure
Oct 21, 2021 3:57 PM
Apr 2021
Heeroyuymit said:
I've lost all respect for Domas, he is a shit human being. If they were using actual swords and not sticks, Boiji would've won 20 times over. Can we get spear guy to train Boiji? he seems like the only one that cares about fairness, not that trash of a human being who won't even teach him how to fight and idly stands by as his pupil is beaten ruthlessly. What a trash human being.
you know that boji is weak right .he couldn't ever injured daida . He only can give light blow
5gd34rOct 21, 2021 4:20 PM
Oct 21, 2021 4:22 PM

Jan 2015
Heeroyuymit said:

100% agree, the thing I took away from this episode is how awful of a human being Domas is, absolutely detestable character.

Oct 21, 2021 4:23 PM

Jan 2012
bruhhhh this is so sad and wholesome at the same time
I was crying the whole ep
this might be the AOTS

Oct 21, 2021 4:31 PM
May 2015
Fuck Domas all my homies hate Domas
I didn't cry, but I was on the verge once I saw Bojji crying at the end. The whole episode was beautiful, from Kage's mom protecting him until her dying breath to Kage genuinely wanting to be in Bojji's life. Very emotional episode
Oct 21, 2021 4:33 PM
Oct 2021
i cried when Bojji tried to wield the sword.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ousama Ranking Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2022

229 by PrimeX »»
Apr 21, 6:52 AM

Poll: » Ousama Ranking Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 17, 2022

223 by PrimeX »»
Apr 21, 5:40 AM

Poll: » Ousama Ranking Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 10, 2022

177 by PrimeX »»
Apr 21, 12:42 AM

Poll: » Ousama Ranking Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 3, 2022

107 by PrimeX »»
Apr 20, 5:46 PM

Poll: » Ousama Ranking Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 24, 2022

115 by PrimeX »»
Apr 20, 10:29 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.