Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The World's Finest Assassin Gets Reincarnated in Another World as an Aristocrat (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Oct 20, 2021 12:28 PM
Sep 2020
SideCharacterKal said:
Glad to see her animated with a cute VA. Dia's is Lugh's magic teacher who pretty much looks like a loli. But hey, she's pretty strong. You can already feel that there's more than just teaching magic. Sleeping in same bed and stuff.. The stuff with the chemistry and magic is pretty complicated but basically he found a new way to use magic. It's well explained in the manga and the LN. Pretty chill episode.

Yeah
That dark killing scene in the near end of the eps is also chilling
Yeah
Oct 20, 2021 12:29 PM
Sep 2020
That last scene scared the hell out of me
Oct 20, 2021 12:31 PM
Jun 2012
So they are in some way related right?
Oct 20, 2021 12:34 PM

Apr 2018
MoonLMAL said:
SideCharacterKal said:
Glad to see her animated with a cute VA. Dia's is Lugh's magic teacher who pretty much looks like a loli. But hey, she's pretty strong. You can already feel that there's more than just teaching magic. Sleeping in same bed and stuff.. The stuff with the chemistry and magic is pretty complicated but basically he found a new way to use magic. It's well explained in the manga and the LN. Pretty chill episode.

Yeah
That dark killing scene in the near end of the eps is also chilling
Yeah

The last 2 minutes from the episode does not change the whole episode for me, maybe for you, but not for me.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Oct 20, 2021 12:46 PM

Jul 2012
I expected a below average shitty seasonal but damn. I am liking this a lot.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 20, 2021 12:54 PM

Jul 2008
Aaaaah I was afraid he wouldn't kill her and be just all hero and smooth to save her.
I like it ! this end-scene just leveled-up my opinion on this show.
It may not be all cutie harem pie and be quite dark and action.

Oct 20, 2021 1:05 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
His training time with Diva was really good, Diva is cute actually and of course MC is just absolutely OP for how he can control every element and make absolutely powerful spells like creating gold or creating weapons and boosting the bullets, he even created a blue knife for Diva she will be able to sell it on steam's CS:GO market!!! the edginess starts at the end with him directly killing that young sentenced to death girl but she was just playing a role with her crying anyway
Oct 20, 2021 1:14 PM
Jul 2021
Such a badass episode, seriously love this show. He is going to be SOOOO OP. Also I don't know how much Gold is worth in that world because maybe it isn't rare, but if it was valuable and he just CREATED a spell to make as much gold as he wants, then he will never have to work or at least never have to worry about finances. He could disrupt the whole gold market, or just have a room FULL of Gold and sell it as he pleases, so freaking cool. I knew he'd be strong based on his skills but oh man. Btw do we know what his fifth skill was yet?
Oct 20, 2021 1:14 PM
Apr 2014
Lugh is way too OP of a MC, but he has a good reason to, so it is a fresh take of that trope.

The magical system and how they do spellcasting, and how it can be used in new ways to cast spells is very intriguing. A nice approach but I wasn't a fan of that people suddenly just "knows" spells just by using magic.

Also I have noticed by now that this animé takes the Re:zero approach by skipping either the OP (as in the last episode) or the ED (as in this episode) to extend the runtime and flesh out the story! Nice!
Oct 20, 2021 1:20 PM

Jan 2018
I don't like the student overtaking the teacher by a longshot trope. It feels like bad wish fulfillment. It’s fine in comedies but for more serious shows I like my training arcs.
But Dia is just 3 years older than Lugh so Ig it doesn’t matter too much.

I really liked that ending. It reminded me who this story's author is.
Oct 20, 2021 1:35 PM

Nov 2016
Would've preferred it if they had turned Lugh into a cold killing machine. The test person should've been someone innocent, maybe a good person or even better, should've been Dia. This isn't edgy enough. Another vanilla series by the same person 💩

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Oct 20, 2021 1:39 PM
May 2017
First harem member acquired
Oct 20, 2021 1:52 PM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
The fist half of this episode was kind of boring for me. Having Dia come around and teach Lugh magic was a waste of time once he learned basics and it kind of defeats the purpose of why she's there in the first place. Although it was cool seeing them forming weapons, but that cannon was too much. I'm not a fan of Dia, I mean character design wise she kind of generic and her voice make her look like a loli even though she stated that she was older than him. Things got a lot more interesting when Dia leaves Lugh learns the secrets of the Lugh family and what it means to be an assassin by killing his first target an inmate at a prison.
Oct 20, 2021 2:03 PM

Apr 2015
Damn, that much Mana and still not enough to kill the Hero? Bro, you literally could have wiped a city of the face of the earth with that blast....

Dia is amazing, I was thinking she would be more of a brat but she actually positively surprised me. Also I have the feeling she's the substitute of Celia from last season. I did like the bond they created between the two, which resulted in the creation of spells that we saw in the very first episode. Dia's excitement was off the charts though, I like that about her!

Lugh made his first kill and I love how quick the attitude of the girl changed from begging for her life to wanting to kill Lugh lol. Definitely felt more like Redo of healer. Those facial expressions were great before she got killed.
Oct 20, 2021 2:29 PM

Feb 2021
My favorite moment of the LN gets animated, when Dia and Lugh first meet, the whole way spells and their creation works is honestly pretty clever by the author, most stories don't go into this much detail.

The animation was also great, and that scene where Lugh kills his first human was supposed to be in the second episode but oh well it fits in this episode and they even showed more than the original source material.

I knew this episode was going to be good, overall this adaption has surpassed my expectations by a lot.

MadanielFLOct 27, 2021 6:26 PM
Oct 20, 2021 2:31 PM

Feb 2021
RedCobra75 said:
i have to say this is waaaaaaaaaay better than the manga.

the manga tooo much echi and source's material cut specially in manga not showing how lugh kill the prisoners.

Better stop reading manga then and actually read something good called light novels...
Oct 20, 2021 3:11 PM
May 2017
It's good to see how much thought Lugh put into his attributes. He's so advanced at such a young age because of it. I've seen so many OP young protagonists but at least it's perfectly explained why Lugh is so advanced.

This episode raised a mystery too. Towards the end when Lugh got his first assassination, it seemed he saw a resemblance of Dia with the death row inmate. I wonder if Cian did this on purpose. He let Lugh bond with Dia over 2 weeks and chose the inmate who resembled her to test his mettle. Before she died she even admitted Cian told her to act like a soft maiden to see if he would pity her. This was a test and Lugh passed.

I'll admit, I assumed the worst and thought Cian put a disguise on Dia to see if Lugh would see through it. Mainly because he gave the speech about saying it's necessary to feel emotions as an assassin so it would help them decide how to proceed on jobs; since they aren't heartless tools with no mind of their own (Lugh in his past life). But his speech still made sense, considering Lugh saw through the inmate's trickery.

Nice episode overall 4/5
Oct 20, 2021 3:17 PM

Oct 2019
Holy crap, a gun! I'm sure certain gun-freak loli with pink hair who also get isekai'd would like to have a word.
andrearionaOct 20, 2021 3:20 PM
Oct 20, 2021 3:53 PM
May 2020
That was nice, I thought she was gonna hate him for being better but she loved him, so cute.

That bitch at the end tricked me, I would've doubted more and I thought Lugh would too but I forgot that he was murder weapon before being a kid.
Oct 20, 2021 4:28 PM

May 2015
This was such an enjoyable episode. Watching these two just have fun making spells was great. I love seeing her shocked reactions when he brings out the big guns lol.

That last scene was pretty interesting. The second he chopped off her hand with no hesitation you could tell he saw through her act. I really hope they keep that part of the MC throughout the series. His ruthless assassin self. I like the fact that he still doesn't fully grasp the human part of what his father was talking about. Makes sense. He spent all his past life as a tool.

But this series is definitely turning out to be a very re-watchable isekai. I love the world-building such as the card skill things like when he had to choose his own and how he chose the ones that would combo the best. It'll be interesting to see whats ahead.
Yuritopia FTW!!!!!!!!! BANZAI TO YURI !!!!!!!!!!!!
Oct 20, 2021 4:58 PM
Jul 2021
This show becomes more interesting cause in the opening Lugh pointed the gun to the goddess........Does that have a meaning? And i hope this dont turn out to be a shtty harem generic isekai
Oct 20, 2021 5:07 PM

Jul 2019
At what point can you start to question the existence of Dia as a instructor for Lugh? She has no other purpose being in the series other than being a love interest.

-[ ~♫~ ll Credit ]-
Oct 20, 2021 5:12 PM
Jul 2018
Dia and a very present person in the matter of teaching Lugh magic, this show is really showing more the process of Lugh being makes a good assassin.
Oct 20, 2021 5:29 PM
Jun 2015
Im predicting Dia is the Hero I bet.
Oct 20, 2021 6:16 PM

Jun 2021
Damn, a lot happened in this episode.

First, Dia takes Lugh's magical virginity and made sure his "first time" was special. Then they immediately start a counterfeiting ring and develop a way to topple the world's economy. Finally, they introduce MMMs (Modern Magical Munitions) to a sword and sorcery fantasy world.

Jokes aside, this has been an extremely solid 3 episodes and I'm really looking forward to next Wednesday.
Oct 20, 2021 6:16 PM

Mar 2014
For a half second, we all hesitated seeing a young girl tied to that chair. But I've seen so many shows where horrible things have been committed by a "pretty" girl, and apparently Lugh saw right through it too. Good to see that growing up with such a wonderful family hasn't dulled his ability to take a life when necessary.

Another contrast has been introduced to him though: in this world, he's being taught that assassins are human, not just tools. Really makes me wonder how things will play out when it comes time to take out the Hero.
Oct 20, 2021 7:43 PM

Jan 2011
kinda cringe but as expected of sasuga mc -kun you're so powerful at least this time it was explained beforehand even if that was clearly allowing him to become so powerful by logic of the magic of this world they've put more effort into than they needed , by trash shows standards giving even a ounce of background of him being competent puts it ahead of dozens of self -insert blank slates that have no right being so good off the back it's why people have been liking this a lot for iskeai trash we've cone full circle lol

dat ending oof the edge and i'm not just talking about the knife he handed out as a gift
Oct 20, 2021 7:44 PM

Mar 2013
Dia is so cute and adorable here!
Creating a gold bar with just changing the spell formula... ?? lol
This will be one heck of an OP Character, I guess...

I'm glad to see Dia's character made into an animation. She's so fluffy.
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Oct 20, 2021 8:32 PM

Apr 2015
"We do what we have to do with our hearts and mind intact." It reminds me of The Dark Tower: "I do not kill with my gun... I kill with my heart."

This episode was ALL IN for me! Especially with the ending's un-Japanese straightforward assassination talk: "I half understand and I half don't understand." In most other series, that line would be completely in his head. Even in very good, serious anime and manga, writers like to dance around and be unclear, even when the situation is DEAD SERIOUS. Drives me up a wall. This gave me beautiful goosebumps.
Oct 20, 2021 8:42 PM

Jun 2021
Solid episode

Great animation, great voice acting. The final scene was chilling too. Hopefully the training arc is over and we now get some serious action.
Oct 20, 2021 8:44 PM
Apr 2021
Dude that last scene was cold as fuck. Can't wait to see more! I haven't read the ln so hope I don't run into any spoilers
Oct 20, 2021 9:55 PM

Oct 2017
I could rewatch the last scene over and over and over and over.... again.
Oct 20, 2021 10:32 PM
Apr 2021
based off the internal logic of the show, things are produced through magic via specifying the weight (gravity?), melting point, and atomic mass. There's no specification for shape, so I'd assume that they have to visualise it?
Either way if we assume that Lugh is using hardened Steel then the spell should at least be a sentence long and not 3 words. To top this off, no one other than him should be able to visualise a gun with perfect rifling. There are so many intricate components all separate within a gun.
The cannon is just stupid tho. Excluding all the complex recoil mechanisms, the ammunition is apparently high explosive? Meaning he'd need to chant a spell summoning multiple different elements to create a shaped charge warhead within the round. I could understand it being full calibre pure tungsten, but not HE.
In other words this magic system breaks its own rules - and has absolutely no drawbacks.

now tell me. How much more compelling would this story be if Lugh was actually not reincarnated, but born in this world with no knowledge - instead growing up becoming an assassin. Not only would he actually have a character and flaws, but he would actually be connected and invested within this world.

But that ending was so stupid... why did she have to be concealing her motivations? Why couldn't she have actually been genuinely repentant, so that Lugh killing her felt like an actual moral hurdle to overcome? Once again the narrative is bending over backwards to clear Lugh of any moral responsibility - just like Redo.
Oct 20, 2021 10:42 PM

Aug 2011
This anime so edgy but so good. Animation, VA and art so great.
Oct 20, 2021 11:15 PM

Apr 2019
I like the improvement relationship of the MC and Dia. Also the last scene is pretty dark and violent.

The animation is good and the opening reminds me of James Bond series.
Oct 20, 2021 11:20 PM
Apr 2021
Dia is Laugh's sensei but in the end it turn opposite Lugh's being a teacher teaching dia about creating magic spells... Okay, so the adaptation is not rush like other Isekai anime and also the story is well written by the author of keyaru-sama, its very decent story no hentai but there is eechi moments in manga. Hoping to not messed up by the studio...
Oct 20, 2021 11:33 PM

Jun 2021
Buaa amazing this episode, the truth is I like it quite a bit, and I'm hyper intrigued about the next chapter xD, the OP uff 9/10

venecoland.
Oct 21, 2021 12:40 AM
Oct 2021
A decent and surprisingly mind blowing series.
Oct 21, 2021 12:49 AM
Feb 2021
Oh god, the animation just hit different, cant wait for final fight scenes!!
Oct 21, 2021 1:45 AM

Dec 2020
oh wtf that whole spells theory thingy was actually pretty interesting, even tho i didnt understand most of it lol

i think i would've preferred an older tutor, someone so they can have a "master-apprentice kind of dynamic even tho the master is actually younger than lugh's mental age, and he's also a bit more silly than lugh. BUT dia is also pretty cute, wonder if she's related to the mom since their hair is a similar color
Oct 21, 2021 3:35 AM

Oct 2016
That was a really great episode! Dia's so adorable and energetic, I wonder how she becomes the assassin we see her as in the first episode or maybe she already is, since I think she's related to Lugh, maybe a cousin or something. That Fahr stone nuke explosion looked sick damn.

The magic system in here is super interesting and was honestly explained well. The create iron or copper and all that was the basis for them being able to create guns, that's fucking cool.

I like that his father is teaching him to keep his humanity even as an assassin, they're not tools. Clearly different from his previous life where he was just a tool. That lady at the end got me with her crocodile tears, I am definitely not fit to be an assassin. That knife throw was cool as fuck though. In conclusion, everything about this show is cool as fuck lmao. Looking forward to the next episode.
Oct 21, 2021 3:42 AM

Nov 2020
The last scene I kinda predict something gore happen and the rating should be change to R - 17+ (violence & profanity).
What Does Pot of Greed do?
Oct 21, 2021 6:12 AM
Oct 2019
"Because we're not tools, we're humans."
Okay..
Oct 21, 2021 6:30 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Bruh, what? Dia just 3 years olden than him? Then looks like there's a secret of her that tried to keep it dark for the future plot. Alright. Magic lesson surely different than i think and mostly more fun, especially when you see an earth attribute become the basic of creating an object, especially the titanium, and then the tungsten bullet. Bruh, why the previous works never think about that? Well, after all, dude can create a nuclear bomb, so no wonder everything can be a piece of cake related to his magic lesson. Joking, its actually a nice thinking of that world magic system with an okay colleration with his previous choice of skill, the spell weaver. I may forget another detail, so left it be the matter just like that, because so far this episode is okay enough for Lugh development. Lets see what comes next, passing that first time kill test is just another piece of cake for the ex finest assassin in the previous world.
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Oct 21, 2021 7:29 AM
Oct 2021
theGodde said:
based off the internal logic of the show, things are produced through magic via specifying the weight (gravity?), melting point, and atomic mass. There's no specification for shape, so I'd assume that they have to visualise it?
Meaning he'd need to chant a spell summoning multiple different elements to create a shaped charge warhead within the round. I could understand it being full calibre pure tungsten, but not HE.

The first property for the metal create magic is density.
There is actually a separate spell/magic in the source material to reshape/fuse the metals produced.
To shoot with the rifle/cannon in the source material, each metal/part of weapon is summoned, then bullets are summoned/loaded if prepared before hand, a fire explosion magic to propel the bullet. The overall concept of the above is named "gun/cannon strike" by Lugh, but the actual entire incantation of the magic is supposed to be in the original 36 magic rune characters language.
The anime simplified it down for the entire creation process to be the reverse audio "create rifle/cannon", and the fire explosion magic part for propulsion to "fire/bombard". Something more accurate will probably be Dia's fire magic in episode 1 where there is actually many parameters to specify/chant and takes a long time. In short, anime replaces most magic speak with reverse audio description of what they are doing.
Oct 21, 2021 9:43 AM
Apr 2019
SummerADDE said:
The magical system and how they do spellcasting, and how it can be used in new ways to cast spells is very intriguing. A nice approach but I wasn't a fan of that people suddenly just "knows" spells just by using magic.

I personally think that it's a mistake to be able to just create bronze, iron, and gold at will. Lugh just created "Create Gold" as a spell, so now the economy is going to be in shambles if anything that two children discovered reach anyone else in the world.
Oct 21, 2021 10:07 AM
Jun 2019
I was a little skeptical when I read the synopsis. But so far, this anime is interesting to follow.
Oct 21, 2021 10:52 AM

Jan 2021
I enjoyed the relationship building between Lugh and Dia. I have to remind myself constantly that Lugh has the mind of a veteran-trained assassin and that is why he is so calm. Most Isekais t leave the original character's voice for inner monologues but not this one.

I am enjoying the quality of this anime. It is safe to bet that it will get better as episodes come out.

That ending spooked me a bit and not because of the assassination.
Oct 21, 2021 10:55 AM
Dec 2020
I am really liking this anime so far, it has been nothing but good to be honest. I have pretty high hopes for this, hope it continues to be good. the characters are good, I like the whole concept. Good stuff
some people...
Oct 21, 2021 1:39 PM
Jun 2021
Loved this episode, especially the spell weaving and the cannon. Wonder if he'll make something like the Fatboy from Fallout lol.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sekai Saikou no Ansatsusha, Isekai Kizoku ni Tensei suru Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Nov 10, 2021

211 by DemonChicken123 »»
Apr 14, 4:24 AM

Poll: » Sekai Saikou no Ansatsusha, Isekai Kizoku ni Tensei suru Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 22, 2021

219 by Muow »»
Feb 29, 4:37 PM

Poll: » Sekai Saikou no Ansatsusha, Isekai Kizoku ni Tensei suru Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 15, 2021

109 by tofei »»
Jan 31, 3:05 AM

Poll: » Sekai Saikou no Ansatsusha, Isekai Kizoku ni Tensei suru Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 8, 2021

133 by sharosharo »»
Jan 7, 2:05 AM

Poll: » Sekai Saikou no Ansatsusha, Isekai Kizoku ni Tensei suru Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 1, 2021

130 by sharosharo »»
Jan 7, 1:38 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.