Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Oct 19, 2021 8:28 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Damn, they really didn't waste much time getting right to the action. Props to MAPPA for giving the animation sequences a stellar look. I find it kinda ironic in the case that Destiny has her role almost as if it's set by fate.

Anna also showed a more vulnerable side of herself. Seems they're cutting down on the lighthearted moments from the show and really giving a chance for composers to show their skills.

Jul 2017
The day where all hell broke loose: Cosette turned into the Beethoven Symphony No. 5 Musicart "Destiny" that Takt has to contend with her new form, while trading his right arm in exchange. And a new Conductor-Musicart duo of Maestro Lenny (Leonard) and Titan from the New York Symphonica.

For Anna and Takt to understand the backstory of the D2 monsters (from the Black Night Siderite meteorite), and the relationship between the Conductor and Musicart in keeping the peace that they can't willy-nilly play music to force the D2s out. Anna is obviously shocked in horror of not just the conversion of a memory loss, but a conscientious being whose will is only to fight with a peculiar incomplete transformation phase. Only by going to New York can they let the Symphonica fix Destiny back to Cosette.

Both Cosette (now called Destiny) and Takt have to get used to the new feeling with the special circumstances, while fending against loose D2 monsters roaming around their residence (and actually getting it destroyed in the process). The actual normal ideal course of action would be like Lenny and Titan, but for Takt and Destiny of trading blows with the Musicart devouring the Conductor's soul, that's some form of irregularity.

Wherever they go, if D2 are around that's ordered by some evil fend with those pitchforks, then it isn't safe. Time to move out to another place, next stop: Las Vegas.

I'm gonna gander that MAPPA produced this episode, since Madhouse did Ep 1 and Studio VOLN (outsourced) did Ep 2.
KANLen09Oct 19, 2021 9:30 AM

Feb 2018
And with that Cosette's transformation into Unmei took place, Unmei is the incarnation of a symphonic music that exists to beat D2, with the maestro and tuning fork / onsa? they play a symphonic melody to beat D2. And yeah, that was an amazing fight scene, really like that art. Back to daliyfe, new chara has joined? A call for Anna / Unmei, whose existence is clear has now risen. But yeah, she's called her name as Unmei (運命). Symphonic number 5, Unmei to score? idk... It's like Symphonica and maestre, servant and mastah... Maesutoro Takt.

Okay back to breakfast, their conversation was quite boring, a trip and several train roads were closed and also transcontinental roads, isn't every continent separated by oceans, except Europe Asia, hmmm...did i Miss something about this, lol... Okay let's forget about this. So can that right hand sense D2, I mean yeah it's an emergency and they're forced to fight D2. So Unmei's change is not done for free, can the change absorb vitality / inochiryoku from her master, idk. And yeah it Was an amazing fight and rip that house.

Apr 2020
That's quite a lot of D2, but luckily Lenny and Titan helped Takt and Cosette. the animation is very good.

So when Cosette becomes Musicart and it makes Cosette lose her memory. she's not Cosette anymore.

Takt's house was destroyed lmao.

I love Titan's eye design.

Jun 2019
Since Cosette has transformed into a musicart, she's here to take all the D2 down. But, along with that Takt has been given the job of a conductor with the thingy which I guess is called Baton as they both need each other in such situations if they wish to take down D2. Also, we got to see some new faces in the show for the first time and they're the same as Takt and Destiny, it's just they belong to a different base. Might want to see what role do they have in this show.

Other than that, the visuals, the animation as you can expect from Madhouse or MAPPA were god-tier and as this is a music show, we can't have that without the good OSTs. Overall, a really good episode.
Pre_YumOct 19, 2021 8:31 AM
Oct 19, 2021 8:33 AM
Mar 2021
Pretty entertaining episode. Destiny being noob at hunting D2s was very cute lol
Oct 19, 2021 9:01 AM

Apr 2018
Welp, this was a pretty good episode.
Cosette transformed into a musicart after she got nuclear'd. And Maestro has a baton as right hand. That's how the duo will destroy the D2's. The fighting scene was fascinating. I thought that this episode went to Madhouse but seems like it was MAPPA. Doesn't really matter, both studios are goated. Anna played a pretty good role in this episode and everything is pretty shocking and new to her. Gotta get used to it now that they're conducter/musicart

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Oct 19, 2021 9:02 AM

Jul 2019
KANLen09 said:

I'm gonna gander that MAPPA produced this episode, since Madhouse did Ep 1 and Studio VOLN (outsourced) did Ep 2.
Nope, it was madhouse. Some foreign animators too, great job by the staff once again, even if i found the art (not animation that was great) to be kinda wonky from time to time.
Oct 19, 2021 9:19 AM

May 2020
Well we can see Takt's despair, wants to eradicate each and every single D2 with Cosette but looks like they were saved by those two new faces, Lenny and Titan.

Cosette's sudden change in personality is something that would take quite some time for Takt and Anna to be accustomed to, but still it's pretty hard for Anna. Some information dump too by Lenny about orchestra and D2's.

Well animation's a thing they are killing with in every episode so far. So glad to see another fine episode.
Oct 19, 2021 9:27 AM
Feb 2021
Well this is where the journey start. Titan is cute.
Press F for Takt house.
From the look, it seem like this is a full MAPPA episode. Hopefully we will have confirmation soon.
Oct 19, 2021 9:32 AM
May 2021
Just want to ask, Takt Op. Destiny is from a game right? then the story of the anime will not end as long as the game is not ended right? also is Scarlet Nexus good to watch? And that's all of my questions
Oct 19, 2021 9:37 AM

Oct 2017
The action sequence at the begining was great, specially with the amazing animation. Both of the new characters are likeable, specially Titan. She's pretty amusing and her eyes look gorgeous. We got to know more about Maestro and Musicarts. Something's definitely up with Destiny and Takt since they are irregularities. We now know why they are going to New York and their journey finally begins. Another fine episode, nothing grand but still decent. Hopefully the later episodes will be better.
Oct 19, 2021 9:38 AM

Jul 2019
AbelNhom said:
Press F for Takt house.
From the look, it seem like this is a full MAPPA episode. Hopefully we will have confirmation soon.
Its was a madhouse episode, geez.
Oct 19, 2021 9:41 AM
Feb 2021
VP2003boi said:
AbelNhom said:
Press F for Takt house.
Give me a confirmation. I literally said
AbelNhom said:
because it look like it, but Im not sure.
Oct 19, 2021 9:44 AM

Feb 2019
This show has awakened a new fetish for eyes and white hair in me

Lenny and Titan are kinda sus. I’d definitely watch my back around them. Why wouldn’t they go the full distance to New York with Destiny and Takt? His wild beast comment too.

Animation in this clears KNY as well.
Oct 19, 2021 9:46 AM
Dec 2019
AbelNhom said:
VP2003boi said:
AbelNhom said:

Maybe you should learn to read the credit
Oct 19, 2021 9:49 AM

Jul 2019
AbelNhom said:
VP2003boi said:
AbelNhom said:
There is no animators this time saying it was for sure done on madhouse, but it obviously was because most of the animators/directors/the production assistant, are madhouse contacts
Oct 19, 2021 9:52 AM

May 2021
Cossette died !!. As for now destiny has taken over her body. Will she comeback?? Or the story will continue with destiny?
To get answers to these questions we will have to continue watching :-(
Oct 19, 2021 9:56 AM
Apr 2020
Stark700 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Damn, they really didn't waste much time getting right to the action. Props to MAPPA for giving the animation sequences a stellar look. I find it kinda ironic in the case that Destiny has her role almost as if it's set by fate.

Anna also showed a more vulnerable side of herself. Seems they're cutting down on the lighthearted moments from the show and really giving a chance for composers to show their skills.

ep3 is made by madhouse...
Oct 19, 2021 9:59 AM
Mar 2021
This is definitely one of the standouts this season, the show is pretty awesome so far.
Oct 19, 2021 10:00 AM

May 2021
Great episode! Really liking this show so far. So Cosette became a Musicart and is now destiny who doesn’t have any memories of being Cosette. Unfortunately for Takt, Unmei/Destiny is consuming his life force to use as energy when fighting the D2. ‘It’s…Showtime!’ Made me laugh when hearing that xD. Rip Takt’s house as well… love the fight scenes in this anime and animation is solid too. Looking forward to the next episode!
AISHITERU...REM!
Oct 19, 2021 10:04 AM

Dec 2012
It looks like it's going to be the same disappointment as Vivy
Oct 19, 2021 10:11 AM
Apr 2020
It's still ep3...
Oct 19, 2021 10:11 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Cosette became a Musicart and she's not the same person anymore with a loss of memory that's kinda sad actually
Oct 19, 2021 10:21 AM

Dec 2015
Bit better than the previous episode. Since they introduced the other 2 chars (that are a lot better). Still ... plot does not seem too interesting so far.

I'll dedice after episode 4. Seems like the real start is with episode 4 - and so far only introduction. (Should have used episodes 2 and 3 as 1 and 2 though. And the first one much later. Would have been better.)

I only hope it won't take ages to get to the point where they left in episode 1.
Oct 19, 2021 10:30 AM

Jan 2015
Bruh of course the gay character is effeminate and tries to hit on the guy in an uncomfortable way. Will Japan ever learn that we are not all like that and also not something to be made a joke out of?
XenocrisiOct 19, 2021 10:34 AM
Oct 19, 2021 10:31 AM
Jan 2021
Rorek said:

Nah, the anime is actually the prologue of takt op game, and the 3rd episode itself ia actually the world building and the mechanism of the story for the entire franchise, including the game. The story's draft itself, is come from DeNA staffs and their collaborator (a mangaka but I forget the name of him), so it's normal if you have seen the story is kindly like visual novel (and it's already good, for me).

But if you try to compare it with Vivy, it's difficult, because Vivy comes from the thinking framework of light novel, just like ReZero, 86, Mushoku Tensei, etc, which are already known as the medium which can be developed as detailed as possible (although, Vivy itself still lacks details around its complex world building, but not as at least as Wonder Egg Priority, which was already known of its lacks of world building explanations).
Oct 19, 2021 10:32 AM

Jan 2020
This was another better episode. I feel like they did the series a disservice with episode 1. It was a lot more visually pleasing and all, but it just came off so wonky. These last two episodes have been all-around a lot more consistent.

Lenny and Titan seem fine enough to me, hopefully they'll help Takt and Destiny become a little more competent in their new roles. Watching Destiny try to fire on the D2s was mostly just sad. Followed by the overkill with Takt's house, why didn't she just do that in the forest? I was thinking it was going to be rude to blow up that house because I sorta thought it was Lenny's at first, but when they confirmed Takt it made more sense since he is basically abandoning his old life anyway.

I'm looking forward to the traveling segments. This episode demonstrated a few more instances of fun character interactions. So I am somewhat hoping for a buddy-buddy roadtrip adventure alongside saving the world.

"...Is your mother worried? Would you like us to assign someone to worry your mother?"

Oct 19, 2021 10:35 AM
Wings

Apr 2017
More backstory and exposition this episode.

No music though :v
Oct 19, 2021 10:39 AM
Jul 2020
Great ep,Titan is too cute
Oct 19, 2021 10:43 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Takt and Cosette's first battle sure was impressive. Lenny and his partner sure arrived at the nick of time. So after possession the identity of Destiny ended up taking over then. The insight into how the D2's ended up appearing was pretty insightful. Though have to say the contrast between the ever positive and cheerful Cosette and the blunt and cold Destiny really is jarring. Poor Anna though losing her beloved sister like that. Still its nice that both the maestro's and Musicart gained new abilities as a result of their new bonds. The shared sense of pain while unpleasant for them also served as a nice link between them. But i have to agree with Anna Destiny really needs to learn to restrain her powers. Overall an excellent ep that featured a good balance of lore and action that served to continue on how Takt and Cosette fared after they become maestro and Musicart and their new overall goal. Lenny and Titan though make quite the interesting pair though but looks like they sense some ill tidings as a result of Destiny's awakening.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 19, 2021 10:43 AM
Apr 2015
Awe I kind of dislike the idea of Cosette not being herself anymore
Oct 19, 2021 10:46 AM

Jun 2019
Usual Musicart didn't consume conductor's energy but only destiny consume Takt's energy when she in battle mode. Poor for Takt :(
Oct 19, 2021 10:47 AM
Feb 2021
background music was weird the only good thing about this anime is animation and graphic
Oct 19, 2021 10:51 AM
Mar 2018
VP2003boi said:
KANLen09 said:

Nope, it was madhouse. Some foreign animators too, great job by the staff once again, even if i found the art (not animation that was great) to be kinda wonky from time to time.

Funny enough, both episodes 1 and 3 don't have much in-house key-animation at MadHouse so I wouldn't really give that much credit to the studio. It's mostly freelancers for both episodes. It makes sense Madhouse's best producers (the people that get the freelancers onboard) are in charge of the action episodes because Madhouse doesn't have any big projects so they can have some of their best producers move around projects. Meanwhile, MAPPA has plenty of big and important projects, pretty much the majority of their producers and staff have their hands full with other shows. Smart move from MAPPA here to ease the workload.

However even though episode 2 didn't have much action is still the best episode so far overall, it actually made me care about the characters and made me curious about where the story is going.

Oct 19, 2021 10:57 AM

Jul 2019
ElGoblino said:
VP2003boi said:

Funny enough, both episodes 1 and 3 don't have much in-house key-animation at MadHouse so I wouldn't really give that much credit to the studio. It's mostly freelancers for both episodes. It makes sense Madhouse's best producers (the people that get the freelancers onboard) are in charge of the action episodes because Madhouse doesn't have any big projects so they can have some of their best producers move around projects. Meanwhile, MAPPA has plenty of big and important projects, pretty much the majority of their producers and staff have their hands full with other shows. Smart move from MAPPA here to ease the workload.

However even though episode 2 didn't have much action is still the best episode so far overall, it actually made me care about the characters and made me curious about where the story is going.

Oh i know that yuichirou fukushi is the main person behind the great animation, he is literally my favourite animation producer and it might be my favourite person in the industry period lol. I would still give credit to madhouse tho, because fukushi is inhouse madhouse, and a lot of his contacts tend to work a ton with him regularly on madhouse shows, be it that they are freelancers or not (although like i said before, this episode also had a lot of foreign animators, which is pretty rare to see for a madhouse production)
Oct 19, 2021 11:17 AM
Jul 2018
Not enjoying this at all so far, but we'll see
Oct 19, 2021 11:19 AM

Apr 2014
Honestly, who cares about which studio animated what episode? It's an collective work of both MAPPA and Madhouse.

I still find it difficult to get into the anime. I like the characters but the story needs to take off a bit more
Oct 19, 2021 11:22 AM
Aug 2018
lol, I was just thinking--is Lenny supposed to be a reference to Leonard Bernstein? He was a very famous conductor when he was alive, and he was notorious for being sexually deviant with both men and women...
Oct 19, 2021 11:29 AM
Aug 2018
Rorek said:
fryadre11 said:
background music was weird the only good thing about this anime is animation and graphic

lmaoooo the haters for this anime are hilarious. I literally can't wrap my head around people who think the plot is lacking. Like, are we even watching the same show? Sorry there weren't enough OP self-insert MCs and comically large boobs being thrust in our faces for you. If y'all don't find the plot interesting, that's fine, everyone has different tastes. But it's objectively a unique premise that we have pretty much never seen in an anime before, and it's being executed phenomenally. Just go back to watching whatever bullshit isekais are out this season and leave the actual artful shows for the adults.
Oct 19, 2021 11:46 AM

Jun 2021
I really want to hug Anna, she is so sweet and now is sad for Cosette

I pray that Cosette can comeback to be human please <3
Oct 19, 2021 12:09 PM

Jun 2017
Pretty banger episode, so the original Cosette is indeed gone as most of us speculated but I love the reborn one too ngl.

I guess episode 1 took place after this one then?

Marinate1016 said:
This show has awakened a new fetish for eyes and white hair in me

Lenny and Titan are kinda sus. I’d definitely watch my back around them. Why wouldn’t they go the full distance to New York with Destiny and Takt? His wild beast comment too.

Animation in this clears KNY as well.

Lenny must go down, keeping poor twin tailed shotgun loli on leash....he doesn't even give her his life force smth.

Oct 19, 2021 12:13 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Watched through the end credits for the first time and holy crap there’s some beautiful art work here

NYANPASU
5700XT

Oct 19, 2021 12:25 PM

Feb 2014
As expected, this episode confirmed what we all knew, with that the original Cosette is now no more, which makes me sad, as she was a sweet girl with a lovely smile. =(

Either way, the episode did a good job in explaining more of how much mayhem the D2's have caused in the US before becoming dormant until now. It also explained how musicarts are made, with Lenny's companion, the adorable Titan, proof of that. However, the awakening for Cosette, or Destiny in this case, was completely different and it had the result of eating away at Takt's life force while in combat. Sounds like a painful demerit to have.

Aside from a few off-looking panel shots, the animation for the combat scenes was very impressive once more, both of how Destiny and Titan took out the D2 enemies. I hope we'll get to see Lenny and Titan again, as they have been kind and helpful to our main cast so far.
Oct 19, 2021 12:26 PM
Jan 2020
the backstory is really interesting after all, and Titan eyes is such a beautiful things.
Oct 19, 2021 12:33 PM

Jul 2017
3 episodes in and still not that crazy about the animation and visuals as much as I hoped to be at least. It's not like I find it to be bad or anything but it doesn't feel anything special to me to watch as a viewer, particularly looking subpar outside the action sequences for the 3 episodes so far. Kind of wish MAPPA had more of an imprint with the start at least, but that might come in future episodes and they have their own shit to work on too other than this like with AoT returning next season so who knows. The episode itself was a little better than the previous two but eh, can confirm now that this show's not really my cup of tea after the 3 episode stint so far.
Oct 19, 2021 12:35 PM

May 2018
I wonder if those uniformed men in black were the ones who put those D2 in that town in the first place?
Oct 19, 2021 12:37 PM
Oct 2021
Finally they showed their fangs as well as Mappa and Madhouse for episode 3 because I saw that they did the second for episode 3
Oct 19, 2021 12:39 PM
Oct 2021
AbelNhom said:
VP2003boi said:
AbelNhom said:

Mappa X Madhouse full Episode 3
Oct 19, 2021 12:53 PM

Feb 2019
Rorek said:

Funny, I liked Vivy all the way through.

Takt has unique hands for playing the piano.
The line below is True.
The line above is False.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» I guess this is it huh ?

Neo_Randomz - Apr 9

19 by Vaibhavwth »»
Apr 16, 11:22 PM

Poll: » Takt Op. Destiny Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 21, 2021

282 by TeaBagCha »»
Apr 8, 8:32 AM

Poll: » Takt Op. Destiny Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 26, 2021

115 by IamRaeon »»
Mar 3, 2:51 AM

Poll: » Takt Op. Destiny Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 14, 2021

127 by Muow »»
Feb 19, 6:45 AM

Poll: » Takt Op. Destiny Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 7, 2021

116 by Muow »»
Feb 19, 4:42 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.