Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Oct 18, 2021 7:32 AM
Jan 2021
RVJ said:
animeforlife808 said:
yooo am not new to shonen . I have been watching anime for almost 4 years now , I just liked the concept and the plot thats why

Nah dude you are new stop with the 🧢 already. Your list and this thread you started clearly state so.
bro what does it matter if he is new to shonen and anime? All he said was it was probably his favorite shonen. Let him have his opinion
Oct 18, 2021 7:34 AM

Feb 2021
animeforlife808 said:
NGL this is like one of my personal favourite anime . Am actually watching this for the 3rd time . The character construction (voice , attitude ) and everything was just perfect . I can go on forever with this review , cuz thats how much I love it. The animation was pretty good too . I hope the comments be non-spoiler , and how much did you guys rate it and why ? BTW I know many of u guys wont accept it as the best shounen anime , I too agree , but its just great
no where near best seriously
It's copy of every shounen you can find
It's not bad that it does that it actually turned out to be great.
However the parent shows are better easily...
Not to mention if shounen is the demographic we're comparing shows because jjk is shounen
Then seriously jjk is not even in top 10 shounen or even more than that
For me best Shounen of all time (it's hard to choose one) is Gintama
Watch it you'll have better taste then!
Thank you.
I totally don't care about your opinions unless they intersect with mine of course! If you start crying for something of that sort...
Oct 18, 2021 7:58 AM
Sep 2021
VarunBalodi330 said:
I rated it a 6. And I still love where it is now.

This season has really good characters and animation, but is just a Prologue to the actual story. The power balance is not handled really well and some of the plot choices ruin the impact of the stronger moments. It is a good start, but with some obvious, glaring mistakes.

I got spoiled for something big from Season 2 and read the manga. And I absolutely love how the story is moving right now in that media. This season is not that good IMO, but the next one will really be amazing.
well i too have been spoiled about a certain persons death , idk when that happens and stuff . I havent read the manga yet and am trying my maximum on not checking more details about how he/she dies and am not interested . Just gonna pretend i didnt see it
Oct 18, 2021 8:01 AM

Jun 2021
animeforlife808 said:
NGL this is like one of my personal favourite anime . Am actually watching this for the 3rd time . The character construction (voice , attitude ) and everything was just perfect . I can go on forever with this review , cuz thats how much I love it. The animation was pretty good too . I hope the comments be non-spoiler , and how much did you guys rate it and why ? BTW I know many of u guys wont accept it as the best shounen anime , I too agree , but its just great
Don't jump to conclusions yet.
But this anime has potential, and it definitely needs to catch up with the manga to boost its chances of becoming one of the best manga.

Jujutsu Kaisen is the only modern Shonen anime that gives me a great impression. Chainsaw Man anime will likely take over (and it will possibly increase more normies and toxic people).

Summary to my thoughts on modern Weekly Shonen Jump anime/manga:
JJK>BC>KNY>=BNHA

"JUST DO IT!!!"
- GINTOKI SAKATA (GIN TAMA)
"Chimera Ant Arc Is The Greatest, Yet The Most Controversial Shonen Arc Of All Time."
- Isaac Netero (or Meruem)

"Who Can Beat Goku? Goku Black Can't. Not Even Xeno Goku, But Goku Drip Can."
- An Average Goku Fan

"GOOD, GOOD, GOOD, GOOD, GOOOOOOOOOOD VIBRATIONS!"
- Pegasus

Oct 18, 2021 8:05 AM

Dec 2020
I agree that it is extremely entertaining and it is one of my favorites. But it's not even close to being the best. And you wouldn't know that because of the amount of anime you've watched. You the type of guy that considers himself to have good taste when you don't even know what good really is.
It's all subjective and opinions for you. How about you actually watch multiple different kinds shounen (such as Gintama, Hunter x Hunter, Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood, Mob Psycho, Haikyuu!!, Jojo's) before saying something is the best shounen.
Erebus_AkeldamaOct 18, 2021 8:10 AM

Oct 18, 2021 8:09 AM
Sep 2021
FutureForbidden4 said:
animeforlife808 said:
But this anime has potential, and it definitely needs to catch up with the manga to boost its chances of becoming one of the best manga.

Jujutsu Kaisen is the only modern Shonen anime that gives me a great impression. Chainsaw Man anime will likely take over (and it will possibly increase more normies and toxic people).

JJK>BC>KNY>=BNHA

"JUST DO IT!!!"
yeh ngl , chainsaw man was definitely a good dark fantasy manga . I really loved it and its also one of my personall favourite
Oct 18, 2021 8:09 AM
Apr 2021
Out of the new shounen, it sure is the best imo. Not quite sure about the best ever.
Oct 18, 2021 8:12 AM

Jun 2021
animeforlife808 said:
FutureForbidden4 said:

JJK>BC>KNY>=BNHA

"JUST DO IT!!!"
yeh ngl , chainsaw man was definitely a good dark fantasy manga . I really loved it and its also one of my personall favourite
I'm glad that Chainsaw Man gets more love. The manga deserves it. 👊

(Watch out for FMA:B Toxic Fans. lol)

"JUST DO IT!!!"
"Chimera Ant Arc Is The Greatest, Yet The Most Controversial Shonen Arc Of All Time."
- Isaac Netero (or Meruem)

"Who Can Beat Goku? Goku Black Can't. Not Even Xeno Goku, But Goku Drip Can."
- An Average Goku Fan

"GOOD, GOOD, GOOD, GOOD, GOOOOOOOOOOD VIBRATIONS!"
- Pegasus

Oct 18, 2021 8:37 AM
Jul 2018
🤣😂😑
🎓🧢🎓🧢🎓🧢🎓🧢🎓🧢🎓🧢🎓🧢🎓🧢🎓🧢🎓🧢
LMAO

Plz watch more Anime
Animation and Choreography does not always equal QUALITY

Not to mention, even the female characters feel like MARY SUE similar to Attack on Titan and One Piece, it's either Badassery or FanService or Waifu bait in SHOUNEN
Oct 18, 2021 8:39 AM
Jul 2018
Mayora_oji13 said:
It's definitely one of the best new-gen shonen anime, but I wouldn't call it one of the best of all time (that's a very subjective take). Gintama, FMAB, AOT, Hunter x Hunter, Haikyuu, etc. there are many shonen anime better than this. I rated it 9/10, I rate a series based on entertainment, and even tho I had read the mange before starting the anime, I still enjoyed it and not just because of the animation, but because of the voice acting, fight choreography, and the ost.

Haikyuu is nowhere to be called as the Best
It's just another Mid Hero Academia complete with a Yaoi Ship obsessed fandom but in sports but To the Top was Great
Oct 18, 2021 8:41 AM
Jul 2018
Fofo-man said:
Don't think JJK is the best or even close. The only thing that sticks out are the fighting choreography and animation, other than that it's pretty mediocre. Characters aren't special in anyway and most lack any kind of personality(Yuuji, Panda, Nobara, etc). The best Characters are by far Megumi, Junpei and Nanami but they aren't enough to carry the entire show. Overall just above average but nothing special.

You're the epitome of Pot calling KETTLE BLACK

Especially with that Demon Slayer pfp (Both are still better than Mid Hero Academia, Mid Clover and Midkyuu)
Oct 18, 2021 8:48 AM

May 2020
Aerosmith224 said:
Mayora_oji13 said:
It's definitely one of the best new-gen shonen anime, but I wouldn't call it one of the best of all time (that's a very subjective take). Gintama, FMAB, AOT, Hunter x Hunter, Haikyuu, etc. there are many shonen anime better than this. I rated it 9/10, I rate a series based on entertainment, and even tho I had read the mange before starting the anime, I still enjoyed it and not just because of the animation, but because of the voice acting, fight choreography, and the ost.

Haikyuu is nowhere to be called as the Best
It's just another Mid Hero Academia complete with a Yaoi Ship obsessed fandom but in sports but To the Top was Great

I wasn't talking about the best, I was talking about shonen that I think are better than JJk.

"I'd rather my heart stopped than lose what's most important to me.
Even when I'm old and my spine is bent...my soul's got to be straight." - Gintoki

Oct 18, 2021 9:18 AM
May 2018
You see, that's the thing with JK. I love it, it's amazing to watch and read, but there's just not enough content to even put it in the discussion of best Shonen (although it'll always be very subjective). Especially since JK really doesn't bring anything revolutionary to the Shonen industry but rather uses all the classic codes very efficiently.
Oct 18, 2021 11:54 AM
Feb 2021
Maybe it can be in a top 10000 shonen, maybe
Oct 18, 2021 1:39 PM
Sep 2020
animeforlife808 said:

I agree that’s it’s at least one of the best. I really enjoyed it and i’m planning on buying the manga, once I’m less of a broke ass weeb. The fights were amazing and the cgi reminded me of demon slayer in its visuals. Great anime.
Oct 18, 2021 2:10 PM
Sep 2021
it was a pretty good anime tbh. not the best shounen anime but yeh i did enjoy it
Oct 18, 2021 6:11 PM
May 2021
'no'at all
It is not the best shoumen anime
Good but not the best
and the animation is great
Mappa did very good.
Oct 18, 2021 7:05 PM
Dec 2020
I personally love jjk and I think it’s something else. Doesn’t matter what anymore else thinks
Oct 19, 2021 1:49 AM
Jun 2021
Tbh when i watched the anime I only thohght "it's good" but when I read the manga...is easily my fav new gen.
Oct 19, 2021 4:43 AM
May 2021
It's the worst shounen lmao and one of the worst anime ever made kid
Oct 19, 2021 5:47 AM
Nov 2020
I think this show has potential to be really great. I liked the characters although not developed yet. It has great animation and music and the fight scenes are pretty cool. I’m looking forward to watching the next season and movie
Oct 19, 2021 10:27 AM

Jan 2021
Yeah Jjk is a great shounen, but calling it the best shounen is a bit too much.

I guess it will come in my top 10 shounen list but not at the top.
If you enjoyed the time you wasted, then its not a waste of time.

Oct 19, 2021 10:46 AM

Feb 2021
could criticize few things abut it but it was overall decent for the first season, it started to kick in from shibuya because it had the same darker atmospher as the arc with jumpei compared to others, and it was very entertaining and over the top which is always good for an action manga, unpopular opinion but personally the art was better than the anime it fits the atmshpere of some arcs better
Oct 19, 2021 10:57 AM

Feb 2021
Fofo-man said:
Don't think JJK is the best or even close. The only thing that sticks out are the fighting choreography and animation, other than that it's pretty mediocre. Characters aren't special in anyway and most lack any kind of personality(Yuuji, Panda, Nobara, etc). The best Characters are by far Megumi, Junpei and Nanami but they aren't enough to carry the entire show. Overall just above average but nothing special.
total lack of self awarness
Oct 19, 2021 9:59 PM

Mar 2019
well the only other shounen you watched is boku no hero so i don't blame you
#justise for koalas
Oct 19, 2021 10:16 PM

Feb 2021
Best? Very wrong. Actually Jujutsu Kaisen is the most overrated worst thing ever created
Oct 20, 2021 12:15 AM
Jul 2018
Jujutsu kaisen is far from being decent
Oct 20, 2021 4:25 AM
Jun 2021
It's really good shonen.

But have you heard of HXH,One piece and like 100 other banger shonen shows.

But it had a lightning fast pace and was a banger.
Oct 20, 2021 4:39 AM
Nov 2016
I'm not much into Shounen animes anymore but Jujutsu Kaisen is simply another overrated anime for me, I didn't enjoy it that much, I did enjoy the animation in the fight scenes though, they were pretty good but everything else is just average.

I'm not into shounen animes anymore but to me the best shounen anime is still Attack on Titan since this one also had pretty damn good action scenes as well, a much better story, better hype moments, better characters, better OST, better emotional moments, etc... Attack on Titan was better in everything IMHO.
Oct 20, 2021 4:57 AM

Jun 2019
aktiwkunn said:
You had to make a whole ass thread just to review this middle ass show
I guess I have to make a whole ass thread just to talk about your middle ass list
" Shounen Nowadays
Is Better Than Most Seinen In The Past 10 Years "

- Sun Tzu

Also, Redline Is The Best Movie Mankind Ever Made
Oct 20, 2021 10:05 AM
Nov 2019
HxH . nothing else to say . till berserk gets the godly adaptation it needs HxH will be the greatest shounen of all time (possibly the greatest show of all time, live action included)
Oct 20, 2021 3:36 PM

Sep 2014
Shounen fans are a complete joke and this thread is a proof. They won't let anyone say "best shounen ever" if it's not their favourite shounen but they sure love to claim everywhere that their favourite shounen is the "best shounen ever". Like, where's the difference?

I feel this community is just getting worse and worse.
Oct 20, 2021 4:55 PM
Jul 2021
I love this show but I don’t believe it deserves to be best shounen. Maybe best shounen of the year or decade. But overall I think best shounen should go to attack on Titan.
Oct 20, 2021 6:20 PM

Aug 2021
I agree! It's one of my favourites as well! Everything was just so amazing and the comedy in it was hilarious
Oct 20, 2021 6:47 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Best shounen anime is debatable, but I can say for certain it definitely is my personal favorite shounen

NYANPASU
5700XT

Oct 21, 2021 12:04 AM
Oct 2020
It was quite boring at times. Season 1 was a 6/10 . Heard Shibuya arc is much better. Let's hope the hype is worth it.
Oct 21, 2021 6:34 AM

Oct 2014
Shounens tend to be pretty bad, but Jujutsu Kaisen is certainly one of the trashiest ones out there.
Nov 21, 2021 8:13 AM
Oct 2021
Ever heard of AOT ?
「あなたの夢をあきらめて死ぬ。」
Nov 21, 2021 8:18 AM

Feb 2021
I dont think it is best. It is one of the most overhyped anime.Its looks like a rip-off of naruto

I suggest u to watch more shounen anime and then decide yourself
Nov 21, 2021 8:23 AM
May 2021
I know this thread is old but nice joke you have made by day.
Milan-5Nov 21, 2021 8:28 AM
Nov 21, 2021 8:29 AM

Jul 2017
I'm glad that JJK is far from the best shounen. Would really suck to have a bar that low.

Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen (TV) Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2021

637 by Gingko »»
Yesterday, 2:39 PM

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen (TV) Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 5, 2021

244 by yaybeachepisode »»
Apr 18, 2:55 PM

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen (TV) Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 26, 2021

351 by Hater-chan »»
Apr 15, 10:19 AM

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen (TV) Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 9, 2020

344 by Alciefer »»
Apr 15, 10:19 AM

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen (TV) Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

KANLen09 - Jan 22, 2021

228 by mikejimamadara »»
Apr 13, 4:13 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.