Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 17, 2021 8:31 AM

Oct 2017
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Woa Woa Woa, this certainly took a very interesting turn. Like seriously things changed so fast.
Oct 17, 2021 8:37 AM

Apr 2021
Hmm, an interesting turn of events

(〜 ̄▽ ̄)〜

Oct 17, 2021 11:48 AM

Dec 2016
Axe soon. Well maybe next time the author shouldn't spend that much time on the side characters while neglecting the main characters.
Oct 17, 2021 12:01 PM

Apr 2016
Well, it's been an enjoyable if somewhat mediocre ride, it probably only has about 4 chapters left at max. Hopefully the author will use this as a lesson and bounce back with something better.
Oct 17, 2021 12:23 PM

Apr 2013
Storyboarding was all over the place in this one. Like.. some of the lore of the world is interesting but it's presented in such an subpar manner.
Oct 17, 2021 12:39 PM

Jan 2021
WOAH, SO MUCH CHAOS AND CONFUSION, I LOVE IT

I was expecting this stuff to take place much later in the story, maybe the author is rushing it?

HOPE THIS SERIES DOESNT GET AXED, but feels like most of the mystery build-up got revealed way too soon
Oct 17, 2021 1:47 PM

Aug 2012
This screams to me that Red Hood is getting the axe before Neru, since this is screams rushing to the end due to limited chapters left, whereas Neru really didn't. Though that's just speculation, Neru itself could just not be focused on wrapping it, I suppose it doesn't quite need to in the same way here.

As for the chapter itself outside of the context for what it means for the series, it's more interesting than the exam, but this is just not a story thread I care much for. The whole thing about a book that can just write the story, it just makes me really uninterested in the world. It'd be interesting if some meta commentary or purpose comes out of this I suppose, but if they only have a handful of chapters left I doubt anything meaningful will come out of this.
Oct 17, 2021 2:44 PM

Apr 2018
Well, this sole chapter was better than all of the previous chapters. I mean, the chapter was still confusing as hell and they threw a lot of stuff together. But, I'd be lying if I said if this wasn't interesting. This took an interesting turn and the concept of using a book is pretty cool (hopefully there's more than just writing in the book). Changing the future by writing something in it and everyone has the right to do it. If they took a slower pace to introduce us to it, it would have been perfect.

Another thicc-girl added to the list.

Message to the author: Before you get axed, release all the thicc-girls you got stored up in your private folder.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Oct 17, 2021 2:46 PM

Apr 2018
CHILLEDPHOENIX said:
WOAH, SO MUCH CHAOS AND CONFUSION, I LOVE IT

I was expecting this stuff to take place much later in the story, maybe the author is rushing it?

HOPE THIS SERIES DOESNT GET AXED, but feels like most of the mystery build-up got revealed way too soon

Saw the same comment on a certain site xD

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Oct 17, 2021 4:58 PM

Jan 2011
Yeah, this is definitely a sign of the axe hitting soon.
Oct 17, 2021 6:06 PM

Mar 2015
not even waiting first volume sales. this is sadge.
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Oct 18, 2021 12:16 AM

Aug 2018
Wait what?!!!
The mayor took Velou? what's going to happen?
Oct 18, 2021 1:09 AM

Sep 2007
Really sad. -_-
In same time, when you look at all the other mangas, this one have not a choice, like Neru.
How you can hope to defeat Mashle, etc ?
Oct 18, 2021 3:13 AM

Oct 2019
The True Book outpowers the Death Note.
Death Note: write a name, the person dies.
True Book: write a scenario (any scenario) it automatically happens and is set in stone. Rip 2 pages and write a scenario, it's still set in stone!
And the mayor wrote a scenario where Grimm isn't the MC but Velou (I mean of course) but he also wrote off a scenario where the Hunters Guild exterminated the Dragons.
The Plot Thickens!
Oct 18, 2021 4:23 AM

Dec 2016
Looking how story is progressing this series will be axed or author is pulling some "Gojo seal" twist super early.

Honestly, when characters were making "book" references by using words like "main character" ect. I was thinking it was metaphor but now it seams they meant it literally.

SideCharacterKal said:

Another thicc-girl added to the list.

Message to the author: Before you get axed, release all the thicc-girls you got stored up in your private folder.

YES
Manga recommendation:
- Spy x Family (Ch.96/? - biweekly) | Sakamoto Days (Ch.161/? - weekly)
- MARRIAGETOXIN (Ch.84/? - weekly) | Mama Yuuyu (Ch.29 - Finished)
- Make the Exorcist Fall in Love (Ch.63/? - biweekly)
- You and I Are Polar Opposites (Ch.52/? - biweekly)
Anime recommendation:
- Deca-Dence (Finished) | Wave, Listen to Me! (Finished)
- If My Favorite Pop Idol Made It to the Budokan, I Would Die (Finished)
- Diary of Our Days at the Breakwater (Finished)
Oct 18, 2021 6:50 AM

Oct 2016
I can smell the cancellation coming which is pretty fucking sad. This really had potential, but they don't really like it there in Japan. Well, it's not set in stone, so we'll see.
Oct 18, 2021 3:30 PM
Aug 2018
Nah, this is just the beginning. They've been building up to this very well, I don't want to see it canceled :(
Also, even though I started liking Neru more, I think this is the one with the most potential. There are SO many places they could take this story.
Oct 19, 2021 8:28 AM
Dec 2008
The axe is in sight. Finally the story moves, but with a blazing pace. Well, nothing surprising.
Oct 19, 2021 7:48 PM
Dec 2017
the reval was good, how it was revealed was really bad.. i pretty much agree with the axe happening soon, it's written all over, unfortunately :( this manga has alot of potential I'd love to see til the end, it is a very solid concept overall
Oct 19, 2021 10:15 PM

Feb 2012
This chapter feels more like the author is throwing a Hail Mary rather than being straight up axed, but I don't really see how this manga pulls through. The fatal flaw of this manga is that it has a great story and the author knows it. There is an epic story out there that has already been planned and outlined that is probably better than any other story in the magazine at the moment, but the issue is that people don't really care about that. What the top manga do is get the audience invested in the main characters, then they tell a competent story. Shonen Jump is a character driven magazine to such a point that it is a detriment to storytelling. This manga tried to get the main character to slowly grow into the hero he needs to be and that lost the audience. This new story development looks like the MC is getting a power upgrade planned for much later in the story to try to salvage the character, but that is a long shot.
Oct 22, 2021 3:32 PM

Aug 2016
Really hope this doesn’t mean an axe. The series has been phenomenal so far. If given the chance it could easily become one of SJ’s big titles. Has the Japanese response to the series been negative? I only really have positive things to say about this earlier part of the series. It’s been fresh and original. Holding out hope this is just the direction the author wants to take here and now.

Oct 24, 2021 5:28 AM
Jun 2019
I'm so confused but I trust the vision. Can't wait till everything's explained.
Nov 1, 2021 5:34 PM

Feb 2018
Mayor appears out of the blue in front of Velou, takes him and is about to reveal the world's history or something lol
Dec 14, 2021 10:01 AM
Aug 2020
Loved it 4.7/5 and 8.7/10

More topics from this board

Poll: » Red Hood Chapter 18 Discussion

Kuma - Nov 7, 2021

30 by CaptainKenshiro »»
Jul 9, 2023 8:33 PM

» Extra chapter / Epilogue

MarusaruMaia - Mar 22, 2022

5 by Zahev »»
Jan 25, 2023 9:26 PM

» How many chapters this manga have ???

Zero14000 - Aug 18, 2022

1 by bufi_ »»
Aug 20, 2022 1:30 PM

» Axed

Sceptile18 - Nov 2, 2021

32 by Sajonji »»
Nov 15, 2021 7:31 AM

Poll: » Red Hood Chapter 17 Discussion

_Bakemono_ - Oct 31, 2021

22 by luckyg4mer3 »»
Nov 8, 2021 1:51 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.