Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Oct 17, 2021 7:31 AM

May 2021
Monarch360 said:
KanekiKen523 said:
I've watched quite a lot by now, but nothing comes close to AOT.
want some recommendations? cuz there is a lot of animes far superior to aot.cant have ppl missing out on masterpieces that are underrated out there.
Tell me i m dying to know.
Oct 17, 2021 7:31 AM
May 2021
KanekiKen523 said:
Monarch360 said:
Nah, you just haven’t watched good animes. You have just seen the tip of the iceberg there is a lot more than the overhyped stuff. Aot is good but there are many animes even in shounen that make aot seem like a child’s colour book
I've watched quite a lot by now, but nothing comes close to AOT.
tbh looking at your anime list, I can agree with what that guy said. Almost all of the shows you have watched are the shows which had more hype. Try watching many underrated shows and shows other reccomended you in this thread and then maybe u might find something better than aot.
Oct 17, 2021 7:34 AM

Nov 2020
KanekiKen523 said:
For me, it just seems that way. There's nothing like it. Besides, I'm sure there's nothing better than it too. Do you think nothing comes close to Attack On Titan, is better than Attack On Titan, or is it just me?

only haikyu and monogatari series are better than AOT nothing else.......

"I don't know about you
But I'm feeling 22
Everything will be alright if
You keep me next to you
You don't know about me
But I'll bet you want to
Everything will be alright if

We just keep dancing like we're 22, 22"
Oct 17, 2021 7:35 AM
Apr 2021
aotisgoat23 said:
Monarch360 said:
want some recommendations? cuz there is a lot of animes far superior to aot.cant have ppl missing out on ar better
masterpieces that are underrated out there.
for starters (2019) dororo it has similar themes but the execution is far better, the dilemma is way too good and it clearly shows that the world ain’t b/w but is grey. If you liked the phychological aspect of aot you’ll definitely like death parade, perfect blue but these are very deep and hard to understand but if u get past the barrier of hard understanding there is a lot out there
Oct 17, 2021 7:36 AM

May 2021
Still though the closest thing to aot is still hxh for me. The chimera ant arc and york new city arc are fucking masterpieces u can compare their hype and story telling to some of aot's goat arcs, RTS for example. Monster is far too episodic, haven't seen jojo, vinland was still kinda mid for me, code geass was good.
Oct 17, 2021 7:37 AM
Mar 2021
I dont know about anything like AoT but there are many animes I think are better than AoT(my opinion though)
Oct 17, 2021 7:39 AM
Apr 2021
DarkHumor04 said:
Season 3 Pt 2 is one of the best anime season of all time but there are quite a few series that are better than AOT as a whole in my opinion (kindly don't feel violated, everyone has different tastes and preferences so I hope you understand) .
I'll just name a few series right row so here are a few series that are better than Shingeki No Kyojin as a whole.
1. Hunter X Hunter
2. Fullmetal Alchemist:Brotherhood
3. Monogatari Series
4. Fruits Basket (remake series)
5. Code Geass
Right now I'm just naming these series but there are few more which are better than Shingeki No Kyojin in my opinion.
Also If you have the time,I'd appreciate if you rate my anime list and manga list and recommend me anime and manga based on my tastes.
Have a great day everyone:)
id recommend perfect blue, death parade, dororo(2019) and tbh any satoshi kons work to u these are all phychological I think you’ll like them
Oct 17, 2021 7:39 AM

May 2021
Monarch360 said:
aotisgoat23 said:
for starters (2019) dororo it has similar themes but the execution is far better, the dilemma is way too good and it clearly shows that the world ain’t b/w but is grey. If you liked the phychological aspect of aot you’ll definitely like death parade, perfect blue but these are very deep and hard to understand but if u get past the barrier of hard understanding there is a lot out there
i hope these shows ain't periodic coz i find it hard getting invested in a show unless it has a perfectly tied and linearly moving story tbh.
Oct 17, 2021 7:40 AM

May 2021
Monarch360 said:
DarkHumor04 said:
Season 3 Pt 2 is one of the best anime season of all time but there are quite a few series that are better than AOT as a whole in my opinion (kindly don't feel violated, everyone has different tastes and preferences so I hope you understand) .
I'll just name a few series right row so here are a few series that are better than Shingeki No Kyojin as a whole.
1. Hunter X Hunter
2. Fullmetal Alchemist:Brotherhood
3. Monogatari Series
4. Fruits Basket (remake series)
5. Code Geass
Right now I'm just naming these series but there are few more which are better than Shingeki No Kyojin in my opinion.
Also If you have the time,I'd appreciate if you rate my anime list and manga list and recommend me anime and manga based on my tastes.
Have a great day everyone:)
id recommend perfect blue, death parade, dororo(2019) and tbh any satoshi kons work to u these are all phychological I think you’ll like them

Thanks mate I appreciate your help.
Have a great day:)
Oct 17, 2021 7:41 AM
Apr 2021
aotisgoat23 said:
Monarch360 said:
i hope these shows ain't periodic coz i find it hard getting invested in a show unless it has a perfectly tied and linearly moving story tbh.
nah dororo will have you hooked from the start and you’ll not like death parade if you do t appreciate artistic side of things cuz it’s void of surface level entertainment but it’s really fucking good
Oct 17, 2021 7:42 AM

May 2021
KingSQX said:
I dont know about anything like AoT but there are many animes I think are better than AoT(my opinion though)
Tell me which r the ones u think are superior instead of the same main stream shows like hxh, vinland, code geass, etc.
Oct 17, 2021 7:44 AM
May 2021
aotisgoat23 said:
Still though the closest thing to aot is still hxh for me. The chimera ant arc and york new city arc are fucking masterpieces u can compare their hype and story telling to some of aot's goat arcs, RTS for example. Monster is far too episodic, haven't seen jojo, vinland was still kinda mid for me, code geass was good.
what's wrong with monster being episodic? It's themes we're handled great than in aot. The mystery was also really interesting like in aot. Not to mention the characters in monster> characters in aot. Johan liebert is one of the best antagonists I have ever seen. For me monster is better than aot in all possible ways. Bruh u think vinland is mid... idk wat to say . These are just my opinions, please don't get offended.
Oct 17, 2021 7:46 AM

May 2021
Monarch360 said:
aotisgoat23 said:
nah dororo will have you hooked from the start and you’ll not like death parade if you do t appreciate artistic side of things cuz it’s void of surface level entertainment but it’s really fucking good
K then they r on the plan to watch list then. But have u read the aot manga? coz the peak/goat WFP arc is yet to be animated. So i hope u can recommend some more considering that arc's god tier standard tbh.
Oct 17, 2021 7:46 AM
Aug 2021
KanekiKen523 said:
For me, it just seems that way. There's nothing like it. Besides, I'm sure there's nothing better than it too. Do you think nothing comes close to Attack On Titan, is better than Attack On Titan, or is it just me?

Bro at least watch some decent animes b4 considering aot as the best anime. "I'm sure there's nothing better than it too" it rly irks me to see statements like this. You been missing out on a lot of enjoyable/interesting animes
Mistify01Oct 17, 2021 7:57 AM
Oct 17, 2021 7:48 AM
Apr 2021
aotisgoat23 said:
Monarch360 said:
K then they r on the plan to watch list then. But have u read the aot manga? coz the peak/goat WFP arc is yet to be animated. So i hope u can recommend some more considering that arc's god tier standard tbh.
i actually did read the manga. But I don’t know many animes similar to aot so cant recommend you much have a great day tho. Peace
Oct 17, 2021 7:48 AM
Apr 2021
Dont get me wrong, i LOVE attack on titan. But I personally dont think its one of the best anime all time. Shows like baccano and HxH are better (in my opinion)
Oct 17, 2021 7:49 AM

May 2021
Lone_wolf2021 said:
aotisgoat23 said:
what's wrong with monster being episodic? It's themes we're handled great than in aot. The mystery was also really interesting like in aot. Not to mention the characters in monster> characters in aot. Johan liebert is one of the best antagonists I have ever seen. For me monster is better than aot in all possible ways. Bruh u think vinland is mid... idk wat to say . These are just my opinions, please don't get offended.
Not being toxic but vinland is a solid 8/10 actually it just felt kinda mid if it i compare it to aot. So thats that. i have yet to read its manga so my opinion might change bro. 'Not liking episodic anime' is probably the aot effect on me lol.
Oct 17, 2021 7:51 AM
May 2021
NessyEirik said:
Dont get me wrong, i LOVE attack on titan. But I personally dont think its one of the best anime all time. Shows like baccano and HxH are better (in my opinion)
ah finally found someone mentioning baccano. It's one of the best anime I've ever watched and I rarely hear people talking about it.
Oct 17, 2021 7:51 AM

May 2021
Monarch360 said:
aotisgoat23 said:
i actually did read the manga. But I don’t know many animes similar to aot so cant recommend you much have a great day tho. Peace
K. See u later, Monarch.
Oct 17, 2021 7:52 AM
Mar 2021
aotisgoat23 said:
KingSQX said:
Tell me which r the ones u think are superior instead of the same main stream shows like hxh, vinland, code geass, etc.

My tops are Gintama,Deathnote,Steins gate,Assassination classroom,A silent voice.
[havent watched much :)]
Oct 17, 2021 7:53 AM
May 2021
aotisgoat23 said:
Lone_wolf2021 said:
Not being toxic but vinland is a solid 8/10 actually it just felt kinda mid if it i compare it to aot. So thats that. i have yet to read its manga so my opinion might change bro. 'Not liking episodic anime' is probably the aot effect on me lol.
I suggest u to read the manga. The next arc(farmland arc or slave arc) is one of the best pieces of fiction ever created.
Oct 17, 2021 7:56 AM

May 2021
Lone_wolf2021 said:
aotisgoat23 said:
I suggest u to read the manga. The next arc(farmland arc or slave arc) is one of the best pieces of fiction ever created.
ufcrse mate. btw is it completed or is on a hiatus or something?
Oct 17, 2021 8:00 AM
May 2021
aotisgoat23 said:
Lone_wolf2021 said:
ufcrse mate. btw is it completed or is on a hiatus or something?
i think it's still publishing. I read up till the 3rd arc only. The current arc is the final one.
Oct 17, 2021 8:05 AM

Jan 2021
eh i never really thought it was the best when i watched it the first time around, and definitely don't think so now. it has grown on me tho. looking forward to S4P2.
Oct 17, 2021 8:09 AM

Dec 2020
There's nothing that has reached it's level of greatness (meaning popularity and quality)
but even I, the biggest Attack on Titan fan admits there's probably a couple things better.
Like, I'm pretty sure if Berserk or Vagabond gets a decent adaptation, that would easily pass it. And I'm curious to see how well Vinland Saga would do.

But overall, Attack on Titan does reign among the greats. But I'm pretty sure there are things better. But it's not to be objective when it comes to naming the best.

Oct 17, 2021 8:16 AM

May 2021
VaggPe said:
If you compare it to other shounen(because these are the only shows you watch judging by your list) then I believe it can be top 3 with hxh and the first 6 parts of Jojo being on top for me. On the other hand, if we compare it to seinen shows for example then objectively speaking it's not even in the top 30.
Yooo not even in top 30? Thats far too less a number tho. Can u tell me some of ur top seinen ones?
Oct 17, 2021 8:21 AM

May 2021
i am kinda glad there are no ultra toxic ending haters here yet. Else ur thread would have been done for lmao.
Oct 17, 2021 8:26 AM
Jan 2021
I don't get it, In my opinion there are more anime better than AoT, can't even count 'em. Why Do people like AoT that much? You surely haven't watched any anime in my opinion, I think it cause of your statement .
Oct 17, 2021 8:26 AM
Jul 2018
LANARp-0470 said:
I used to think like that and then the ending happened.
Lol, the feeling is mutual.
Oct 17, 2021 8:28 AM
Jan 2021
aotisgoat23 said:
VaggPe said:
If you compare it to other shounen(because these are the only shows you watch judging by your list) then I believe it can be top 3 with hxh and the first 6 parts of Jojo being on top for me. On the other hand, if we compare it to seinen shows for example then objectively speaking it's not even in the top 30.
Yooo not even in top 30? Thats far too less a number tho. Can u tell me some of ur top seinen ones?

Gladly my friend. Not with any specific order they are:

Berserk,Vagabond,Monster,20th century boys,Slam dunk,Kingdom,Jojo part 7-8,Rainbow,kokou no hito,ajin,oyasumi punpun,Eden,uzumaki and no longer human.

If you want more just look at everything I've put a high score(8+) on my list. But these are just the seinen that I think are better than aot. If you want me to tell you from other genres then just hit me up.
Oct 17, 2021 8:32 AM

May 2021
VaggPe said:
aotisgoat23 said:

Gladly my friend. Not with any specific order they are:

Berserk,Vagabond,Monster,20th century boys,Slam dunk,Kingdom,Jojo part 7-8,Rainbow,kokou no hito,ajin,oyasumi punpun,Eden,uzumaki and no longer human.

If you want more just look at everything I've put a high score(8+) on my list. But these are just the seinen that I think are better than aot. If you want me to tell you from other genres then just hit me up.
Thank you man for ur top numbers smh. Might as well check ur list too u look like a damn veteran lol. Have a fantastic day.
Oct 17, 2021 8:36 AM
Sep 2021
Not sure about better, but i just finished Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress…. Definitely reminded me of AOT it’s only 12 episodes though. I give it 9/10
Oct 17, 2021 8:47 AM
Jul 2021
Berserk is an american comic apparently...
Oct 17, 2021 8:50 AM
Jul 2021
Yes absolutely,I think the same.
Oct 17, 2021 8:51 AM
Jun 2021
KanekiKen523 said:
i think it is its very own thing but i feel like its defintely not the best show
Oct 17, 2021 9:01 AM
Apr 2019
nothing like aot? check out evangalion and houseki no kuni or play a visual novel called muv luv alternative

better than aot? there are tons of stories which are better than aot not just in terms of anime but movies and tv series too
Oct 17, 2021 9:06 AM
May 2021
For me there isn’t and never will be anything like attack on titan. The feeling i get when watching attack on titan I will never get with any other show. I’m sure there is nothing better than it too
Oct 17, 2021 9:19 AM
Apr 2021
I think there are better anime, but AoT's still a masterpiece, and one of the goats
Oct 17, 2021 9:20 AM
Jul 2021
AOT is pretty average after that ending. Part 2 will probably divide anime onlys. Sad
Oct 17, 2021 9:21 AM

Feb 2020
No, I don't think that. SnK is good, but there are many anime that I liked more.
Oct 17, 2021 9:26 AM
Jan 2021
In my opinion, attack on Titan is very solid and can appeal to a lot of people, but there are a lot of anime that can outclass it
Oct 17, 2021 9:27 AM
Mar 2021
Aot is the goat for me tbh but there is animes which are on the same level
Oct 17, 2021 9:30 AM

Feb 2021
KanekiKen523 said:

My man, watch more shows... And more shows and more!
You'll come across many shows you, no one else but you yourself will say are better than AOT.
This happens to everyone when they get to some show they really like.
When you like an Anime this much you'll realise there are negatives about the anime too.
Its all about that.
When you encounter an Anime which has less of those negatives or maybe simply better positives youll find yourself liking that show more.
Now as for anime better than AOT
Many people have said already so you watch some of those shows, before you know it you'll like some other show on equal scaling if not more than AOT.
P.S. :Currently you're putting it so straight you have just one fav show and it's aot.
Later you'll realise even 10s of favourites won't be enough for you!
Good day!
I totally don't care about your opinions unless they intersect with mine of course! If you start crying for something of that sort...
Oct 17, 2021 9:31 AM

Sep 2016
There's plenty better than aot.

Mirai Nikki
Monogatari series
Akame Ga Kill
When they cry
Death Note
Another

I could go on and on. Look, aot is fun and all, but in my opinion, if anyone thinks that it's genuinely the best anime out there, then they clearly haven't watched enough series
Oct 17, 2021 9:35 AM
Dec 2020
KanekiKen523 said:

You can go to the top manga section of MAL. Pretty much everything you'll find in the top 15 is really better than AoT. In top anime there are also some that are better, like Gintama, Gintama', Gintama': Enchousen or Gintama°. Also, there's Gintama., Gintama.: Slip arc, Gintama silver soul arc (part 1 and 2), Gintama The Final, Gintama Yorozuya forever...
Oct 17, 2021 9:35 AM

Dec 2020
Well, for me AOT is such an overrated anime and there is ALOT better animes. Just season 3 was good and ending ? Muhahaha bullsh*t. I Got it, there isn't (?) An anime which is similiar to AOT mby thats why its so overrated but for me it wasnt “the best“ .
Oct 17, 2021 9:38 AM
ZeroTsunGame
Jun 2016
AoT follows alot of Mecha tropes so you can definitely finds shows like it in that or even the greater Sci-Fi genre.
Oct 17, 2021 9:49 AM
May 2021
Believe me, there is nothing better than AoT. The only thing that may compete with AoT, in my opinion is CoTE anime that leads to reading all CoTE light novels.
Oct 17, 2021 10:41 AM
Jun 2021
Fate, steins gate, fmab
Oct 17, 2021 11:03 AM
Feb 2021
Like it? No idea
Better yes I like deathnote, code geass and eva more
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

» The GOAT first episode

Bolbysaur - 12 hours ago

26 by DayRivia »»
31 minutes ago

» Bug on the app

Jackson_rajkumar - Apr 13

3 by Jackson_rajkumar »»
Apr 15, 4:46 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 28, 2013

1651 by c444de »»
Apr 14, 12:43 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 27, 2013

940 by 4amps »»
Apr 11, 9:56 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 6, 2013

1553 by Rayquazatempest »»
Apr 9, 12:54 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.