Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Post New Reply
Oct 15, 10:44 PM
TRUEHOOUINKYOUMA said:
Sword art online used to be extremely popular. However, it had a big downfall in season 2. Plenty of people treat it like nothing is worse than it. The show is average for me, I cannot see a show like this being one of the worst.
It was average and decent to me till the first half of the season that it started shit jng around it's not probably worse show ever but imo it's just bad you are free to like whatever you want who didn't enjoy it will hate it and who did will like it that's the simple as that

Oct 15, 10:52 PM
sailorday- said:
The show is pretty solid tbh I wouldn’t say one of the best though but enjoyed it a lot. Ppl love hating on stuff just to hate on it without giving valid reasons.
Character development(lack thereof), power escalation and scaling killed everything that happened in season 1 but gun gale and the other one got better, but they all had many ridiculous plot points along the way.

Oct 15, 11:18 PM
Pink_Chipmunk said:
Brack_Obunga said:
Yeah I wouldnt say worst anime of all time. The first season was pretty good. I just think it got worse every season after that.

Have you even seen Alicization and Alicization: War of the Underworld??

A part of it but I modtly meant the part of gun gale online and stuff like that, I didnt like those parts at all.

Oct 15, 11:32 PM

True.

I feel like the hate coming from it beeing kind of a 4-5/10, while a lot of more casual or mainstream Anime Fans gave it really hight ratings, tho.
I doubt anyone would argue that there isn't worse Anime then this, coming out each and every Season. SAO is just this Entry-Anime for a lot of people, who hyped it up as a great Anime, without knowing much about the Medium as a whole.

In my experience, people who really LOVE SAO are mostly guys who've watched like 50-80 Anime. That's a drop in the Ocean, in terms of Anime that they've yet to discover.

It's like someone's hearing his/her first Song, then boasting about how it's the greatest Song ever, without listening to other music first.

Beeing popular is always gonna rub people the wrong way, even if it's a gorgeous Show...look at Demon Slayer.
Beeing popular and kind of bad/average, like SAO, is blowing up, hate wise^^
Modified by Merve2Love, Oct 15, 11:41 PM

Oct 15, 11:34 PM

I find it boring too but love it or hate it there is no deny this thing is arguably the most successful LN franchise in japan so the milking is not stopping anytime soon

Oct 15, 11:59 PM
Brack_Obunga said:
Pink_Chipmunk said:

Have you even seen Alicization and Alicization: War of the Underworld??

A part of it but I modtly meant the part of gun gale online and stuff like that, I didnt like those parts at all.

I do agree gun gale online was one of the weakest arcs of SAO

Oct 16, 12:32 AM
Personally i loved it, but i can understand why people hate it.

Oct 16, 3:15 AM
It’s not that it’s bad it’s that it could be so much better, the concept is really cool but the way it’s shown in the anime is underwhelming

Oct 16, 8:34 AM
don't people say Sao is the worst show of all time as a joke? it's a very 6/10 show and alicization had Amazing animation, never seen someone actually hate on sao without it being sarcasm or being over exaggerated

Oct 16, 9:45 AM
I prefer the second season over the first. I don't see that many ppl state that they enjoyed the second season even at all. GGO was the most fun I had watching anime to this date, it was memorable, more so imo than the second part of the 1st season. Not everyone hates the series as a whole but the people who do are extremely loud about it. Especially Berserk fans, of course they are going to call the show the worse because Kirito dubbed himself... you know. And the show didn't become not super popular after the first season. Of course it did lose some popularity but it's still extremely popular when comparing it to other shows. The major turn off for people is that 2nd arc so perhaps that's the reason it lost even some popularity because the second season isn't bad. It's pretty average. The Death Gun was an interesting antagonist at first but not well written as some of the things he says and believes contradicts them selves. But again average shows are average because of their defects. It pains me to say this because I actually like him, but the protagonist didn't rly have that much reason to even join GGO after he just experienced a genocide over at SAO and there he doesn't feel 3D during GGO. I personally loved Kirito during the GGO arc, the things he did and said cracked me up and his avatar was dope af. Sinon was actually an interesting character, she had a motive for actually joining the game and generally had more thought put into her character as a whole. She was awesome, that's why you see so many Sinon fans. The plot was interesting but again not perfect, there were a lot of "what" moments, but it's funny that I say that because now I can't think of any, I guess only the good parts are the memorable parts. The fact that the second half of the second season wasn't only not bad but even enjoyable makes the second season as a whole imo better than the first season with that very disappointing fairy arc. Anyways the show is just average, there are some reason to hate it and that's why people do, I agree that some people take hate it way to much because it's genuinely not that bad of a series.
Modified by Ushiki, Oct 16, 9:53 AM

Oct 16, 1:11 PM
Well the first half of s1 was interestingly good, but after that's it's just fucked up so I get from where the hate is coming but its definitely not one of worst anime of all time

Oct 16, 2:42 PM
I love SAO and will always love it. People are free to hate it. As much as they hate, the more win, more success we keep getting with announcements of new SAO contents. SAO is also immensely successful and popular franchise. Also for Haters SAO will still be there for another decades, so keep getting burned up.

Meanwhile, I cannot contain myself to watch progressive movie. SAO fan always take a win, Haters big L.

MAL and Ani something is the only platform who hates SAO, besides that it is still loved in West by plenty of people.
Modified by Abysmal_Saint76, Oct 16, 2:48 PM

Oct 16, 5:01 PM
It’s mostly just a joke to call it something like “the worst”

Oct 16, 11:15 PM
Sword art online is extremely overhated by the haters and overrated by the die hard fans. But it I had to pick which is stronger, I think Sao has a more vocal haterbase than fanbase

It's honestly a 6/10 - 7/10 show(talking about season 1).

Season 2 is an easy 7 for me and alicization is an 8

I honestly preferred season 2 over season 1 and alicization was just magnificent

Oct 17, 10:07 AM

Well technically the downfall happened midway through the first season but carry on

Oct 17, 12:39 PM
Most people hate cause kitro is op or they say it's a rip off of the hack series personally I love sao one of the best I've seen

Oct 17, 12:40 PM

No idea if it's good now, but my 12 year old self ate it up. Definitely one of the best starter animes, and the OP is a banger.

Oct 18, 4:36 AM
Merve2Love said:
True.

I feel like the hate coming from it beeing kind of a 4-5/10, while a lot of more casual or mainstream Anime Fans gave it really hight ratings, tho.
I doubt anyone would argue that there isn't worse Anime then this, coming out each and every Season. SAO is just this Entry-Anime for a lot of people, who hyped it up as a great Anime, without knowing much about the Medium as a whole.

In my experience, people who really LOVE SAO are mostly guys who've watched like 50-80 Anime. That's a drop in the Ocean, in terms of Anime that they've yet to discover.

It's like someone's hearing his/her first Song, then boasting about how it's the greatest Song ever, without listening to other music first.

Beeing popular is always gonna rub people the wrong way, even if it's a gorgeous Show...look at Demon Slayer.
Beeing popular and kind of bad/average, like SAO, is blowing up, hate wise^^

I agree 100%
Also, SAO was one of the reasons isekai got so popular. For a long time, they were the main genre being released. So most of the fans that didn’t like isekai would direct that hate towards SAO.

Hating SAO became a statement and a meme in the anime community. I would hear it often from anime YouTubers, for example.

Oct 28, 8:20 PM
I enjoyed it up until suguha admitting her love for Kazuto. It was so unnecessary, it killed the entire series for me.

Nov 3, 8:03 AM
It was one of the first anime I watched I in joyed it. yes it has flaws but so does every other show. my favorite arc is gungail online. The spin off alternative gungail online is in my top 20 anime.

Pages (2) « 1 [2]

Preview MangaManga Store