Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Oct 13, 2021 7:30 PM
May 2021
I've not read the manga yet so everything I'm going to write here is solely based on the show.

From what I've watched, the reason for this guy to get revenge is way too petty. She rejected you and called you a "pig", then you've been holding your hatred against for all these years? The way Aki rejects other guys is wrong, but in her relationship with the main guy, she has done nothing terrible. A dense guy may be hard to like, but as long as he's a gentleman, I'm still OK with that. However, the petty revenge of this guy is on another level of annoyance. The story will be much enjoyable if Aki has been somewhat villainous. From my perspective, she's just a normal girl with teenage problems.

Then I remember there is a short story with similar setting, "The Bully" by Junji Ito. This has been one of very good psychological horror manga I've read recently. What the girl has done to the boy in this story is beyond terrible, and even when she has already been a grown-up, she's still a bitch. The guy carried out his revenge plan without mercy, and the ending really sends a chill down my spine. I would not say it's satisfying, but it's scary and somehow realistic to me.

What I want to say here, what if Aki was a true villain from the start, just like the girl from "The Bully" but at a less extreme degree. She would go through a redemption arc, pay back for her sins and try to win the guy's heart. For the guy, he should've been much more calm and stopped being so clingy and creepy. Maybe this revenge - love story will be much more satisfying to watch? Yeah, basically "The Bully" with a happy ending and the cruelty is toned down a bit.
destinicalOct 14, 2021 5:24 PM
Oct 13, 2021 8:14 PM
Jan 2021
destinical said:
I've not read the manga yet so everything I'm going to write here is solely based on the show.

From what I've watched, the reason for this guy to get revenge is way too petty. She rejected you and called you a "pig", then you've been holding your hatred against for all these years? The way Aki rejects other guys is wrong, but in her relationship with the main guy, she has done nothing terrible. A dense guy may be hard to like, but as long as he's a gentleman, I'm still OK with that. However, the petty revenge of this guy is on another level of annoyance. The story will be much enjoyable if Aki has been somewhat villainous. From my perspective, she's just a normal girl with teenage problems.

Then I remember there is a short story with similar setting, "The Bully" by Junji Ito. This has been one of very good psychological horror manga I've read recently. What the girl has done to the boy in this story is beyond terrible, and even when she has already been a grown-up, she's still a bitch. The guy carried out his revenge plan without mercy, and the ending really sends a chill down my spine. I would not say it's satisfying, but it's scary and somehow realistic to me.

What I want to say here, what if Aki was a true villain from the start, just like the girl from "The Bully" but at a less extreme degree. She would go through a redemption arc, pay back for her sins and try to win the guy's heart. For the guy, he should've been much more calm and stopped being so clingy and creepy. Maybe this revenge - love story will be much more satisfied to watch? Yeah, basically "The Bully" with a happy ending and the cruelty is toned down a bit.
the one where the girl bullies a boy and then marries him?
Oct 13, 2021 8:44 PM
May 2021
Setho-kun said:

Yes, that's it. And then
destinicalOct 13, 2021 8:48 PM
Oct 13, 2021 9:20 PM
Jan 2021
destinical said:
Setho-kun said:

Yes, that's it. And then
yeah I have read that one
Oct 13, 2021 11:32 PM

Mar 2021
destinical said:

What I want to say here, what if Aki was a true villain from the start, just like the girl from "The Bully" but at a less extreme degree. She would go through a redemption arc, pay back for her sins and try to win the guy's heart. For the guy, he should've been much more calm and stopped being so clingy and creepy. Maybe this revenge - love story will be much more satisfied to watch? Yeah, basically "The Bully" with a happy ending and the cruelty is toned down a bit.

Although I can see the similarities between the stories, the manga takes a different turn.
Oct 14, 2021 1:46 AM
May 2021
Demientjuh said:
Although I can see the similarities between the stories, the manga takes a different turn.

Well that even makes the mc way more pathetic. He really deserves no girl in this story. He should be hard punished for his pettiness.
Oct 14, 2021 12:45 PM
Jul 2020
destinical said:

If you're comparing this show to "the bully" ,then I guess you have a wrong expectation. This is a romcom,no matter how stupid the reason is,as long as it's interesting,have a funny plot and have a sweet romance story,it's a good go. I personally found his revenge is funny to watch,fmc is annoying,and fmc best friend is the cutest in my oponion.
Oct 14, 2021 5:00 PM
May 2021
Someone missed the point of the “Comedy” tag…
Oct 14, 2021 5:32 PM
May 2021
ThatRantGuy said:
Someone missed the point of the “Comedy” tag…

From my POV, the revenge is not fun while it's supposed to be fun. Some adjustments could've been done to improve the comedy and make the main chars less annoying. I'm aware that The Bully and this show are of 2 entirely different genres, that's why I call The Bully the dark version of this show.
Oct 14, 2021 8:45 PM
May 2021
I mean I’m not saying it’s good comedy, but maybe you’re taking this comedy show a bit too seriously.
Nov 7, 2021 6:09 PM
Dec 2017
i should check this out then.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Masamune-kun no Revenge Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 23, 2017

218 by Lkunnnss »»
Today, 2:50 AM

Poll: » Masamune-kun no Revenge Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 23, 2017

371 by Fleicher »»
Apr 18, 4:42 AM

Poll: » Masamune-kun no Revenge Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 16, 2017

145 by Cheese_Enjoyer07 »»
Jan 2, 5:02 PM

Poll: » Masamune-kun no Revenge Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 9, 2017

235 by kirA_-_ »»
Dec 27, 2023 2:15 PM

Poll: » Masamune-kun no Revenge Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 2, 2017

230 by kirA_-_ »»
Dec 20, 2023 4:42 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.