Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Oct 13, 2021 4:30 PM

Feb 2020
I plan to watch the whole thing, but for now, i don't have that much time lately and don't want to waste on a 50 episode questinable content, and also the show wrap things nicely or many things gets answered in the sequel?
Oct 13, 2021 4:45 PM
Mar 2021
Yes it is a sequel that you’re going to love, but make time on when you’re going to watch it
Oct 13, 2021 6:52 PM
Amateur Reviewer
Jul 2016
Sr_Hunter said:
I plan to watch the whole thing, but for now, i don't have that much time lately and don't want to waste on a 50 episode questinable content, and also the show wrap things nicely or many things gets answered in the sequel?

What no, no don't. Gundam seed is pretty great, not the best but certainly a fun ride. Seed destiny is a pit of hellfire😅😅, of course many have come to like it but especially if your busy, stick with just seed, it's a decent romp with some alrigth characters and concepts.....seed destiny is the first horsemen of the anime apocalypse.

Kaelu said:
Yes it is a sequel that you’re going to love, but make time on when you’re going to watch it
You love destiny?! Your the fabled unicorn, the legendary fan of destiny, speak you wisdom friend!!
Oct 13, 2021 6:59 PM

Feb 2020
momentie said:
Sr_Hunter said:

What no, no don't. Gundam seed is pretty great, not the best but certainly a fun ride. Seed destiny is a pit of hellfire😅😅, of course many have come to like it but especially if your busy, stick with just seed, it's a decent romp with some alrigth characters and concepts.....seed destiny is the first horsemen of the anime apocalypse.

Kaelu said:
You love destiny?! Your the fabled unicorn, the legendary fan of destiny, speak you wisdom friend!!

You ve got my attention, i'm wondering, if Destiny is the first horsemen, who are the other three?
Oct 13, 2021 7:05 PM
Amateur Reviewer
Jul 2016
Sr_Hunter said:
momentie said:

You ve got my attention, i'm wondering, if Destiny is the first horsemen, who are the other three?

Opinions vary from person to person, many say Sao is one, other think good anime changing to different studies like OPM S2 or Highschool dxd S4 presents a bad omen at the very least. I also believe My Hero Aca and Aot's popularisation of multiseasoned shoens, effectively killing off solid 1 seasons shows (like fmab, hxh and woul eater) to be a bad sign and contender for the second horsemen.

Obviously there is unanimous agreement that the Netflix redub of evangellion is the third one, it representing everything wrong with anime going mainstream and the involvement of multi-bilion dollar companys in our silly Japanese cartoons and as for the fourth....well we can't even imagine what that migth look like............😂😂

(@Sr_Hunter p.s. I had a quick gander at your list and Can I just suggest you don't have gundam seed be your first gundam😅? I can understand wanting to start with an alternate universe one but you'd be much better off with something like 00 or Iron blooded orphans which are both more mordern but also less...anime? It's hard to explain but seed is deep gundam, you got new types, racisum, idols(alot of idol stuff), princesses, romance and a shit ton of referencing to older gundam. It really doesn't work that well as an entry point in my humble opinion😅😅, if anything don't be intimidated and just jump straigth into original gundam '79, it's the first, still one of the best and shorter then seed to boot😂😂)
momentieOct 13, 2021 7:14 PM
Oct 13, 2021 7:39 PM
Jun 2021
You can stick to just seed if you don’t have much time, but I recommend watching seed destiny at some point. While it may be a mess and many things are executed poorly it is still an enjoyable sequel. If anything you should watch the sequel to at least see your favorite characters from seed.
Oct 13, 2021 9:45 PM
Jul 2021
Watch it for the entertainment and just don’t take it too seriously. You’ll need to watch it eventually if you plan on watching the upcoming sequel movie.

Also, GSD has one of the best curation of songs in anime imo. OST is top notch!
Oct 14, 2021 12:56 AM
Jan 2021
You can settle with Seed if you want. Destiny is good but not as good as the original.
Oct 14, 2021 5:57 AM
Mar 2021
momentie said:
Sr_Hunter said:

momentie said:

Opinions vary from person to person, many say Sao is one, other think good anime changing to different studies like OPM S2 or Highschool dxd S4 presents a bad omen at the very least. I also believe My Hero Aca and Aot's popularisation of multiseasoned shoens, effectively killing off solid 1 seasons shows (like fmab, hxh and woul eater) to be a bad sign and contender for the second horsemen.

Obviously there is unanimous agreement that the Netflix redub of evangellion is the third one, it representing everything wrong with anime going mainstream and the involvement of multi-bilion dollar companys in our silly Japanese cartoons and as for the fourth....well we can't even imagine what that migth look like............😂😂

(@Sr_Hunter p.s. I had a quick gander at your list and Can I just suggest you don't have gundam seed be your first gundam😅? I can understand wanting to start with an alternate universe one but you'd be much better off with something like 00 or Iron blooded orphans which are both more mordern but also less...anime? It's hard to explain but seed is deep gundam, you got new types, racisum, idols(alot of idol stuff), princesses, romance and a shit ton of referencing to older gundam. It really doesn't work that well as an entry point in my humble opinion😅😅, if anything don't be intimidated and just jump straigth into original gundam '79, it's the first, still one of the best and shorter then seed to boot😂😂)

Kaelu said:

No, no, no i meant i loved is the fights and the new version of ZGMF X102A. But the story itself was Bad. No point on why they made the Yellow dude an enemy then the real enemy is the ZAFT Leader. (dont Remember any names of it) but so far if the dude ask if he wants to watch it. Just let him Decide, besides fights are good but not really to the point that SEED has the best ones ( I apologise too i made u misunderstood my fellow Comrade)
Oct 14, 2021 7:11 AM
May 2011
The ending of SEED is conclusive enough that the series can stand on its own without watching Destiny.
Oct 14, 2021 7:51 AM
Amateur Reviewer
Jul 2016
Ah I see, no worries bud, seems we agree for the most part, I also like original seed😊👍
Oct 15, 2021 5:16 PM

Dec 2017
The first series is self-concluding, so just watch SEED if you want to, I highly recommend it for those new to the franchise.
I would only recommend watching Destiny if you loved the first one.
For my part, I consider that Destiny does things well the first half of it, but not in the second half.

Oct 21, 2021 8:58 PM
Dec 2017
yeah you can watch seed on its own but destiny you can also watch as well to if you like

Oct 22, 2021 4:06 PM

Mar 2018
I think you should at least try destiny and see how you like it. I think it's quite disappointing, and just a year ago I might have said that you can just skip Destiny, but that changes now that a sequel movie to Destiny has been announced. The sequel is not necessarily going to be bad just because its predecessor was.

As others have said, SEED offers a satisfying enough conclusion. At the very least, you can put off Destiny for now, and wait until the movie comes out, and if we hear good things about the movie, then I think Destiny would be worth a watch, and if you don't want to watch 50 episodes of that, then just watch "Gundam SEED Destiny Special Edition," which is a movie summary with 4 episodes of 1h30min each... this would be way shorter than 50 episodes, and while not as detailed, will do a good job of catching you up to necessary background info for the movie in a much less time-consuming manner.
RossoYorozuyaOct 22, 2021 4:09 PM

"~and he loved to play the piano!"

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam Seed Episode 41 Discussion

Flaecy - May 16, 2010

13 by Selleri_UmU »»
Mar 25, 3:38 PM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam Seed Episode 9 Discussion

Zerachroma - Aug 25, 2008

23 by Beatnik »»
Mar 2, 1:31 PM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam Seed Episode 8 Discussion

Flaecy - May 15, 2010

16 by Beatnik »»
Mar 1, 2:09 PM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam Seed Episode 2 Discussion

ClementIV - Jan 17, 2010

25 by Beatnik »»
Feb 28, 11:48 AM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam Seed Episode 50 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Zerachroma - Aug 28, 2008

84 by Noroomforwilson »»
Feb 9, 7:13 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.