Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Oct 12, 2021 12:05 PM

Dec 2015
Not that interesting so far. Typical "boy at high school age + girl + special powers) setup. And they wouldn't have needed a full episode for the background story. I mean after fhe first few mins and seeing Cosette ... it was clear what was going to happen.

Continiuing from where episode 1 left + some short flashback ... would have been enough.
Oct 12, 2021 12:05 PM

May 2018
The show took wrong turn and ended up in the Nodame Cantabile universe.
You know it - the one where Saber and Gilgamesh are actual couple.
Oct 12, 2021 12:29 PM

May 2021
Good chapter, I liked the relationship between takt and cossette, I hope it keeps the quality of the previous chapters and we get a good work directed by madhouse and mappa :DDD

PS: The music during the whole chapter is simply amazing, I was never a big fan of classical music but I have listened to some songs and I think they are fabulous.
Oct 12, 2021 12:41 PM
Sep 2020
Well back story kinda sad tho ngl but the story makes it look interesting, can't wait for the next ep, mappa did a great job for this ep
Oct 12, 2021 12:58 PM
A sandwich

Jul 2020
Much better on the music department, still not sold on the character aspect. The relationship between Takt and Cosette seems too unnatural with him being overly cynical and her being a bit too cheerful in response. The fact that she got possessed came from a mile away upon her past introduction and her sister only chimes in to sigh or yell off screen since she doesn't stand out much.

I hope that these will improve since presentation wise it has showed so far that it can stand its ground.
⠓⠥⠍⠁⠝⠊⠞⠽ ⠞⠓⠗⠕⠥⠛⠓ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠎⠞⠥⠏⠊⠙⠊⠞⠽⠂ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠺⠊⠇⠇ ⠎⠅⠊⠏ ⠺⠁⠎⠓⠊⠝⠛ ⠞⠓⠑⠊⠗ ⠓⠁⠝⠙⠎ ⠁⠝⠙ ⠑⠝⠙ ⠥⠏ ⠗⠥⠊⠝⠊⠝⠛ ⠊
⠞ ⠋⠕⠗ ⠑⠧⠑⠗⠽⠕⠝⠑
⠎⠓⠊⠊⠅⠕ ⠁⠕⠎⠕⠊⠂ ⠼⠃⠼⠚⠼⠁⠼⠓
Oct 12, 2021 1:03 PM
Dec 2020
DatRandomDude said:
G0j0satarou said:
bro i think the mobile game is advertising this show, or they made a mobile game after seeing how popular it has become amongst new weebs and yes of course japenese!
they announced the game and the anime at the same time lol
bro imagine mappa and madhouse collaborating just to promote a MOBILE game 😂, I don't think so even if they announced it the same time it's a original work and is going good will wait till 10 episodes to judge this show!
Oct 12, 2021 1:03 PM

Jan 2020
I enjoyed this WAY more than the first episode.
Oct 12, 2021 1:10 PM
Dec 2020
Wow, ok, this episode was so good, this was amazing honestly. We got to see her side before her turning into who she is now. Soldiers are suspicious as hell, but wow that was a really good episode, this turned my 9 for the anime into a 10 (FOR NOW, DONT GET MAD AT ME, THIS CAN DEFINITELY GONE DOWN IN THE NEXT EPS IF NOT DONE RIGHT, but hopefully they continue to do this well of course too lol).

but ye overall I really liked it.
some people...
Oct 12, 2021 1:16 PM

Oct 2018
Lovely duo for the piano concert ^^ they were so cute to take pleasure to playing the piano together until this sad end...

Causette is really beautiful
Oct 12, 2021 1:25 PM
Oct 2020
Is this episode is a prequel to episode 1?
Oct 12, 2021 1:51 PM

Jun 2021
Cosette waifu! She is so cute
Oct 12, 2021 1:59 PM
Jan 2019
Was an alright episode. The amount of AD'S is a bit worrying for the future quality of episodes.

BUT I'm so happy they played a piano version of SING SING SING. Great song.
Oct 12, 2021 2:02 PM
Jul 2018
This is gonna be one of those "above average score because animation > story" shows, right?
Oct 12, 2021 2:05 PM
May 2021
Takt is amazing with that piano skills, and Cosette can play too, what a surprise.
I never thought that the rock in her neck would change everything to them
Oct 12, 2021 2:07 PM
Feb 2021
ibbuno said:
Interesting episode about their past but still gonna need more information about why those happened and everything
nice piano stuff lol
its only episode two chill
Oct 12, 2021 2:08 PM
Feb 2021
Swagernator said:
I dont know man, why is it the "cynical adult main character" paired with the "acting retarded" female character who also acts like a child, you know the shy, uwu and all that cringe crap. Oh look she's cute and dere, how great is that, me wifu of da seson, YEY. I definitely didn't see that in like every anime ever made, at all. Oh this dude main character is so down to earth and cool, just like my 14 years old chuunibyou inner self.

You can't just have a batman main character, then throw some random classical piece per episode .. and then call it deep. Just no.

Anyway, the animation And music was again very good this week, cant say bad about that, they keep the visual production high yeah. We also got some flashbacks. But i still can't shake the feeling that this is an advertisement for an upcoming mobile game. It ticks all the boxes of gacha games. Also im not gonna mention which studio made what, i don't care about people making it honestly.
ironically enough, a mobile game is being made off this anime.
Oct 12, 2021 2:11 PM

Sep 2012
bagin said:
This is gonna be one of those "above average score because animation > story" shows, right?

Or maybe ppl sees it for now as something interesting? I know it's kinda hard to take, that if something is average for you doesnt mean everyone has same opinion and looking for excuses like ( ofc ppl only sees animation> story, pff).
Oct 12, 2021 2:16 PM

Jun 2014
Idk why it took me way too long to realize this was a backstory episode lol.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Oct 12, 2021 2:23 PM
Jul 2018
Sairentou said:
bagin said:

Or maybe ppl sees it for now as something interesting? I know it's kinda hard to take, that if something is average for you doesnt mean everyone has same opinion and looking for excuses like ( ofc ppl only sees animation> story, pff).

Well isn't that kind of what forums are for? To share our personal opinions on the show? I'm not gonna hate on people who enjoy these shows, like what you want irdc.
We don't want an echochamber here, do we
Oct 12, 2021 2:29 PM

Feb 2021
Great episode, I really enjoyed it, the music, the visuals this may be my favorite anime of the season. I do have some questions and things I'm kinda confused about, like how the stone on Cossette's necklace works, and how that entire scene took place. But, I'm pretty sure it will all be answered in future episodes. Overall 5/5!

"𝘏𝘦𝘺, 𝘏𝘢𝘤𝘩𝘪... 𝘕𝘰 𝘮𝘢𝘵𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘩𝘰𝘸 𝘮𝘶𝘤𝘩 𝘰𝘳 𝘩𝘰𝘸 𝘰𝘧𝘵𝘦𝘯 𝘱𝘦𝘰𝘱𝘭𝘦 𝘩𝘶𝘳𝘵 𝘦𝘢𝘤𝘩 𝘰𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳, 𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘴𝘰𝘮𝘦𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘪𝘴 𝘯𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳 𝘢 𝘸𝘢𝘴𝘵𝘦."
⁻𝘕𝘢𝘯𝘢 𝘖𝘴𝘢𝘬𝘪
Oct 12, 2021 2:34 PM

Nov 2019
A very "by-the-numbers" episode. Seems reasonable as I don't see much promise in the writing team.

I wish this gets to 8.5+ quickly so that the score obsessed people suffer labor pain. They are in agony, but not enough!
"All truth is meaningless. In the end, 'meaning' comes from the mind of each individual human. Even when there is a single truth, it can mean different things to different individuals. The truth has no meaning in itself!" - Erika Furudo
Oct 12, 2021 2:43 PM

Sep 2017
It was very obvious where this episode was going to go. It raises some questions I suppose.

So 10 years ago or so the D2 show up and Takt's dad who was some famous composer dies. Okay then some organization learns how to harness the power of magical girl and fight the D2. Like 6 years later they have arrived at some sort of truce (?) and the fighting isn't as bad. Okay then 4 more years and this symphonia organization or w/e are having some festival where some pre approved music is allowed. Did they like hit up the D2 and be like yo we gonna play this music is that cool lmao?

So of course when Cosette (hey guys sounds like cassette tape how clever) asks to play piano she is denied, but then apparently is approved when asking those military guys directly (is this a lie?). If they actually approved this then are either dumb af or working with the D2. If she was lying then massive plot hole as how tf would no one here be like "Wtf are you doing" and destroy the piano or something.

Also the reaction from Anna when her little sister seeming dies and then turns into some weird magical girl with a bunch of vines was hilariously bland.
Oct 12, 2021 3:02 PM
Mar 2021
So that's the origin of how it all began for the trio. Very intresting.
Oct 12, 2021 3:18 PM

Jan 2020
I felt like every character was missing common sense in this episode, but I honestly enjoyed the overall vibe.
Oct 12, 2021 3:56 PM

Apr 2015
As this was a backstory of what happened to Takt and Cosette before they be became Conductor and Musicart, it was more than obvious what was going to happen, but that didn't make the episode any less beautiful. The duet on the piano was pretty damn great if you ask me but it had me waiting for the inevitable to come.....and it did a bit later than I had expected.

Overall great episode, with less action but more explaining. I do hope that they will explore the relationship of Takt and Cosette. Takt didn't really get along with Cosette and even after this incident they don't, ironically enough it goes for both sides now. I wonder if Destiny is still partly Cosette or if she is now an entirely different person.
CeddyyBearrOct 12, 2021 4:00 PM
Oct 12, 2021 3:59 PM
Jul 2013
tetrix1993 said:
Wtf is with the ending. The guy just accepted the death so quickly and then agrees to fight the monster. Huh??

Its the same character who decided to play a Piano in the middle of a market with civillians being in it for the sake of luring out a D2, then complained that Cossette wastes too much of his energy. During this entire time, while people are aware of the D2s and it seems like playing music is forbidden due to their dangers, no one tries to stop him, people just gaze at the fight scene without trying to run away, and there is a piano to begin with in a place where people know its dangerous even though a sane person would've gotten rid of it.
Then they go to a diner. The Diner has a working jukebox with a "Do not use" sticker, instead of getting rid of it. Cossette just blows up one of its walls, the owner of the Diner doesn't seem to care even though its his business. Takt just sends her off to fight D2s without any plan, all they think about is "boom bang boom", and then she once again wastes his energy, they both collapse, and it seems like the D2s don't even try to chase her and hunt her down even though she was the one to attack them to begin with.
The owner still doesn't seem to care, even though he had to "fix" his wall with wooden logs which really didn't fix anything, and then they just go again and fight this "strong" D2 without a plan once again. The D2 doesn't even try to focus Takt even though he was just standing in front of it, and they magically win this time without really much of an effort.

You had all of this nonsense in the first episode. People in this series are extremely stupid and don't behave in a beliveable way. Why him getting over her death in 5 seconds makes you question his actions when the first episode is full of this?
Oct 12, 2021 4:05 PM
Jul 2018
We had some memories before the current events that was really cool to explain the mysteries about the characters and the world itself, what had happened about the music that has been so forgotten by humanity but even though it wasn't what I was thinking.

But there was also a little bit about the main character's looks seriously I liked her and her personality, she's a good character, but also that was used well of how he turned into the personality she has nowadays.
Oct 12, 2021 4:06 PM

Jan 2021
I could immediately tell this episode was animated by MAPPA it was good we got there backstory and how they ended up like this
Oct 12, 2021 4:09 PM
Aug 2018
Oh shit, we got some jazz this episode?! Duke Ellington and Benny Goldman? Hell yeah! Animation in this episode was off the charts, too. Anime of the season??
Oct 12, 2021 4:18 PM

Jul 2016
Wait... what? Was this supposed to happen before Ep.1's events? Well, that sure explains Cosette/Destiny's non-kuudere behaviour and Takt being so surprised at her transformation.
Damn, I should have paid more attention. Guess I was too busy looking for a personality for Takt.

But seriously tho, who in their sane mind organize a fucking music festival in a world filled with music-hater monsters?
Oct 12, 2021 4:31 PM

Oct 2020
Ah, a blast to the past! Cosette was so much more lively in this episode compared to ep. The piano scenes were pretty good; I especially loved the duo performance. Well, we got to see how Cosette transformed into a musicart.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 12, 2021 4:32 PM

Jul 2012
Cosette is literally Mash, come on lmao

So far the only thing that it's keeping me engaged is the music. I don't care about the characters/story at all.
Oct 12, 2021 4:37 PM

Oct 2018
WTH? The OP credits seemed like in Attack on Titan Openings. Nice episode though.

“Once you've been loved once and have loved once, you cannot forget it.”
― Natsume Takashi
Oct 12, 2021 4:51 PM
Dec 2011
WOW! I'll be honest I kind of predicted what would happen to corsette. HOWEVER, I still really enjoyed this episode. I really enjoy where the series is going. AND THIS SCENE

Oct 12, 2021 5:10 PM
Oct 2021
What is the piano name song?
Oct 12, 2021 5:35 PM
Mar 2019
Really great animation, sound track and story so far. Can't wait to see where it goes.

“We all have our time machines, don't we. Those that take us back are memories... And those that carry us forward, are dreams.”
― H.G. Wells, The Time Machine

Oct 12, 2021 5:58 PM
Oct 2021
can anyone please give me the list of songs that they played during the festival, thank you.
Oct 12, 2021 6:09 PM
Feb 2021
I wonder if the original Cosette will ever come back (I hope she does).
Oct 12, 2021 6:10 PM

Apr 2020
Wow this episode was really great, I enjoyed this much more than the first one and for a good amount of reasons. We now get the context of how they got into this situation, D2 attacking 10 years in the past, 5 years later there was the declaration of "truce", and it seems that this episode took just a couple of weeks before the events of Episode 1.

Cosette was so cheerful and happy, while Takt is...a protagonist. I was impressed on how they presented their relationship in such a meaningful way throughout the first half of the episode. Sure they might not agree on things (especially if Takt would act like a damn protagonist all the time), but somewhere along the way they connected with each other and took their friendship to a more stronger level...unfortunately.

Appreciation where it's due, Takt & Cosette's piano scene together is ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC. I'll forgive the obvious CG used and some weird 1930s Disney style animation around the corners, because in a traditional way, these kind of scenes only last by around 30 seconds or even less in other animes, but they went on for minutes here. And those nonstop couple of minutes graced us with some amazing piano performance, and I felt really happy....until those emotions got cut by that attack from the D2. And sadly, we see Cosette transform into Destiny, and it seems that we'll never get her old self back again...that's heartbreaking bro, her smile and cheery attitude made me smile, why?!!!

With all that settled and a beautiful ED from Mika Nakashima, next episode should continue from Episode 1 and (apparently) like SBR and Appare-Ranman, they're on a roadtrip headed to New York. So far, this anime is solid and this episode proves it to me that it can be one of the best anime of this year.
Oct 12, 2021 6:19 PM

Jan 2020
Apparently MAPPA didn’t even animate this episode and outsourced it to another studio. Is that true?
Oct 12, 2021 6:28 PM

Jun 2019
Cliché happy perfect girl dies in the flashback when everything is going right. Nothing new nor original going on in this episode, but I can at least say that it hit all the familiar beats in an ok way. The relationship between Takt and Cosette decently enough to not be annoying.

Tbh, this anime still has yet to prove itself. The jury is definitely still out on whether this will be good or not, but I’m starting to get the feeling that this is heading toward being a forgetable and borderline mediocre experience. Hope I’m wrong though.
Oct 12, 2021 6:29 PM
Nobu Enjoyer

Apr 2020
Man this episode gave me some chills. I was kinda already expecting Cosette to die but seeing it actually happen tragically was just devastating. I'm excited to see more of this!
Oct 12, 2021 6:38 PM
Sep 2020
Oml this episode was amazing I really loved it Ong
Seeing the scene where Takt and Destiny was playing the piano wan amazing and I adored the music
And when the D2 appeared it honestly caught me off guard but then Seeing Destiny transform was amaaaazing
Oct 12, 2021 6:45 PM

Dec 2014
I liked the episode.

Cosette before her transformation was super cute, I really liked her energetic personality. Big contrast to how she is now after he transformation.

The musical pieces are great, really enjoying them.
The only thing I can't particularly understand is that this is clearly happening after the invasion right? If so, why are they risking performing music outside when they know it could trigger an attack? Seems foolish.
Oct 12, 2021 6:45 PM
Mar 2021
Show is pretty amazing ngl. The animation is sick, the character designs are great, the chemistry between the characters is entertaining and this episode showed it's not all flashy fights.

Keep this up and it'll be a AOTS contender
Oct 12, 2021 7:00 PM
Oct 2020
At the beginning of the episode I wasn’t understanding anything. But then, as I watched more of it, everything started to make sense and I really enjoyed ir
Oct 12, 2021 7:20 PM

Jan 2020
Cosette was such a cutie... And I enjoyed this quite a bit

I loved the dynamics between the two and I loved the performance. It's a little sad that we probably won't get to see the old Cosette but she was great while it lasted

I think I liked it more than the first episode and I'm hoping it'll continue to be enjoyable

Oct 12, 2021 7:25 PM

Nov 2020
Animillion said:
Apparently MAPPA didn’t even animate this episode and outsourced it to another studio. Is that true?

That is not true. Where'd you get this information from? I bet it's from Aottards
Oct 12, 2021 7:26 PM

Jun 2020
Visuals are awesome! Yeah that’s all I got for now.
Oct 12, 2021 7:27 PM

Feb 2014
Cosette and Takt's backstory was tragic. Losing the one you love in front of you is a harsh reality to face.

KANLen09 said:

Mika Nakashima's ED is good.

Always has been.
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» I guess this is it huh ?

Neo_Randomz - Apr 9

19 by Vaibhavwth »»
Apr 16, 11:22 PM

Poll: » Takt Op. Destiny Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 21, 2021

282 by TeaBagCha »»
Apr 8, 8:32 AM

Poll: » Takt Op. Destiny Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 26, 2021

115 by IamRaeon »»
Mar 3, 2:51 AM

Poll: » Takt Op. Destiny Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 14, 2021

127 by Muow »»
Feb 19, 6:45 AM

Poll: » Takt Op. Destiny Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 7, 2021

116 by Muow »»
Feb 19, 4:42 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.