Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Oct 10, 2021 7:41 AM

Jan 2015
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Wow it was actually quite a first intense and exciting episode.
Rengoku getting on the wrong train was kinda fun, but the spotlight was the flashy demon and his hatred towards the bento lol.

Absolutely great animation and visuals as expected, while what was not expected was the violence. I thought they would refrain from it a bit more because of the popularity, but this was not the case.
Also the OST used during the old lady's flashback, that was really good. Quite emotional.

Rengoku hopes on the train, looking forward to the next episode!

UMAI!

XenocrisiOct 10, 2021 7:45 AM
Oct 10, 2021 7:42 AM

Jun 2019
Kimetsu no Yaiba is back. Well... sort of. We're getting the Television version of Mugen Train which might've already been seen by many others. If somehow you haven't, here you go. You can enjoy this instead. So, from what I've heard we're getting something anime original in this series as we just saw Rengoku taking the mission for the Mugen train which was not included in the movie.

They definitely went on to the DBS route with this one. Well, let's just see how this plays out for them. What else can I say? I'm excited to see the Entertainment District Arc later this year. For now, let's just wait and rewatch the movie in a way. Kajiura Yuki is back with the godly OSTs and ufotable with those beautiful visuals.
Oct 10, 2021 7:44 AM

Jul 2019
YEAHHHHHHHHHHHH that episode was good stuff, glad to see KnY back again after some time.

Yo, I loved this episode's animation n soundtrack for real, sets up the stage perfectly for what will happen next. Hoping to see some ufotable kino sooner than later. Good to see the Flame Hashira back in business.

NextUniverseOct 10, 2021 7:47 AM
Oct 10, 2021 7:58 AM

Feb 2018
I haven't watched the movie version yet, so what's the difference between a movie and TV? Is a beef steak box/mie soba / ramen, huh?
Oct 10, 2021 8:01 AM

Jul 2019
Syureria said:
I haven't watched the movie version yet, so what's the difference between a movie and TV? Is a beef steak box/mie soba / ramen, huh?
This is a completely new episode that never existed in the movie. From just tweets and news and whatever, there should be new edits and OST/OP/ED will be new as well.
Oct 10, 2021 8:02 AM
Oct 2019
Ufotable treats our eyes with a feast :).

Unfortunately, this episode seems not trendy enough on SNS right now. I wonder why.
Oct 10, 2021 8:04 AM
Oct 2019
Syureria said:

If you ask about bento, they are specially made for train travelers. Each box often uses local ingredients and reflects the culture of that region. https://guidable.co/food/japanese-bento-101-the-5-types-of-bento-boxes/
Oct 10, 2021 8:05 AM

Jul 2019
Elvarth said:
Ufotable treats our eyes with a feast :).

Unfortunately, this episode seems not trendy enough on SNS right now. I wonder why.
https://twitter-trends.iamrohit.in/japan

#1 trending in Japan????
Oct 10, 2021 8:08 AM
Oct 2019
I used this website https://trends24.in/
2 weeks ago, on September 25th, Kimetsu had over 1.3 million hashtag alone. The top 20 trending contents also included contents that related to Kimetsu.
ElvarthOct 10, 2021 8:14 AM
Oct 10, 2021 8:25 AM

May 2019
Pre_Yum said:

Kajiura Yuki is back with the godly OSTs and ufotable with those beautiful visuals.

sigh pepole still only mention "Kajiura" when most of the soudtracks were done by the main composer "Go Shiina"
”A fight isn't won once a victor is decided, it's won when someone loses.” – Izayoi Sakamaki

I don’t even know the real names of the two… no, three that I killed back then. I just closed my eyes, put my hands over my ears and tried to forget it all.” – Kirito

MY ANIME LIST
Oct 10, 2021 8:29 AM

Feb 2018
NextUniverse said:
This is a completely new episode that never existed in the movie. From just tweets and news and whatever, there should be new edits and OST/OP/ED will be new as well.
Ah, okay thanks for this, so this eps are new...

Elvarth said:
If you ask about bento, they are specially made for train travelers. Each box often uses local ingredients and reflects the culture of that region. https://guidable.co/food/japanese-bento-101-the-5-types-of-bento-boxes/
Hhmm .. that's good, so do travelers have to pay for it or have to pay extra, hmmm... if looking for your link article, Looks like travelers have to pay more, thansk for this
SyureriaOct 10, 2021 4:09 PM
Oct 10, 2021 8:48 AM

Jul 2017
The beginnings of Flame Hashira Rengoku Kyojuro, and his signature "UMAI!" before the days of Mugen Train, in an entirely original plot to surface for the TV version of the film.

Rengoku is EASY COME, EASY GO. Nothing is too hard for him to track down something like the Mugen Train, infested with the scent of 1st Lower Moon Demon Enmu before its eventual journey.

Handling low-level cocky demons like the Slasher is easy peasy for Rengoku, even when hostages are involved, and his fervor shows. These townsfolk like the old woman and her daughter Fuku selling bento are considerably scared if confronting the Slasher, and he may be fast, but Rengoku IS SPEED. Like Shinjuro, like Rengoku with the old woman's imagery of being saved by the Kyojuros twice between father and son.

Excellent job Ufotable, for capturing the essence of the film, brought to life with the TV version of the Mugen Train arc with this original episode. Plus the bento boxes that Rengoku was given, accepted and bought (again) from the old woman before climbing onboard the Infinity Train (and insert scenes where the film starts), that is where we re-trace the film in a Director's Cut fashion.

Now then, let's head on to the film's breakdown with the next 6 episodes. UMAI!
KANLen09Oct 10, 2021 11:43 AM
Oct 10, 2021 9:05 AM
May 2021
i loved the episode but the opening wasnt there but it was so like nice i cant wait for ep 2
Oct 10, 2021 9:11 AM
Jul 2018
Not to be that guy, but is this canon. I'm watching this regardless of it is or isn't. I don't read the manga so it's hard to know what's canon
Oct 10, 2021 9:15 AM

Jul 2017
This episode wasn't terrible by any means and for a non-canon episode, it fit well into the season as the Mugen Train arc takes place for the remainder of this mini-season, but man this whole series has not aged well for me. I felt that way when reading the manga and how the writing turned out to be there, felt it with the movie and now here too.
Oct 10, 2021 9:20 AM

Dec 2014
This was fantastic, very nice anime original introduction to this arc and loved the focus on Rengoku, he's such a great guy. Exactly like all the other Hashira's describe.

The soundtrack usage throughout this episode was absolutely phenomenal. You can really hear that it's building up to something great.

God, I am not prepared to watch the sheer epic of this arc again. Anyone who still hasn't seen the movie is in for a treat.

Umai/10
Oct 10, 2021 9:21 AM

Jun 2021
It should be illegal to air an anime of this quality on TV, because it makes all other anime look shit.

Just a beautiful episode. The animation, OST, VA, you name it, it was done perfectly. Really needs to be aired in theaters. Just makes you love Rengoku even more.

I won't really care for the coming 6 episodes from here on out, but this episode is a must watch for everybody.
Oct 10, 2021 9:23 AM

Oct 2017
Pretty amusing episode, it was fun watching Rengoku again.
Oct 10, 2021 9:24 AM

Dec 2020
Nice to see rengoku san again he is such a nice person to everyone and strong also.
An anime only episode absolutely great animation and the visuals.
P O S I T I V E V I B E Sシ

Oct 10, 2021 9:28 AM
Feb 2021
in the first episode there was no OP and ED?
Oct 10, 2021 9:30 AM
Oct 2016
My heart is filled with such joy watching this episode. Rengoku, RenGOATku, is back, hes here again in some all new original content. Its nice seeing Rengoku get the spotlight. We don't see much of him during the actual train mission expect some brief, effective, moments. So being able to see Rengoku leading up to them all getting on the train was a treat. Rengoku showing off his skill chasing down that speedy demon. Meeting some bento vendors along the way. He must have a good amount of money to buy their whole stock of bento twice. The girl Fuki got to see firsthand how real demons are, interesting connection with Rengoku father saving Fuku grandmother and mother those years ago. Rengoku is truly an honorable man following in his father's footsteps. Also explains nicely how he got the mass of bento we see when the boys meet him on the train. Hearing all the other Hashira speak about how they view Rengoku was sweet. You can see the respect they all have for him, Mitsuri especially admires Rengoku. I'm excited to see this incredible arc all over again with these weekly episodes. Demon Slayer is back!!

animejas said:
This episode wasn't terrible by any means and for a non-canon episode, it fit well into the season as the Mugen Train arc takes place for the remainder of this mini-season, but man this whole series has not aged well for me. I felt that way when reading the manga and how the writing turned out to be there, felt it with the movie and now here too.

This is all canon.

Mod Edit: Merged duplicated posts; please use the edit button.
anime-primeOct 10, 2021 9:47 AM
Oct 10, 2021 9:41 AM

May 2020
Well it was known beforehand that it would be a Rengoku focused episode, so it isn't surprising that there were some amusing moments. Animation was what anyone would expect from this series, still the next six episodes would be a recapped version of the movie, still pretty good if someone wants to refresh himself just before the Red Light district arc.
Oct 10, 2021 9:42 AM

Apr 2018
This was a pretty good original episode. I'm glad that it's back but the new content will start around 5 DEC. The opening and ending by Aimer are TRULY MASTERPIECES!

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Oct 10, 2021 9:42 AM
Apr 2021
Amazing. As good as ever. So glab KnY is back again.
Oct 10, 2021 9:46 AM

Jan 2021
Almost 1 year after the release of movie, Kny is back and its as amazing as ever.
Glad to see the original content.
If you enjoyed the time you wasted, then its not a waste of time.

Oct 10, 2021 9:47 AM

Jun 2014
While I have my gripes about them re-airing the movie in TV format, this episode was definitely great and fun to watch. I like how it set up how the mission started, and it even showed why Rengoku had so many bento with him on the train. Honestly I'm just looking forward to seeing Rengoku some more,

UMAI/10
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Oct 10, 2021 9:47 AM

Apr 2013
One word to describe this episode..
"UMAI!"
Oct 10, 2021 9:48 AM

Jul 2021
Really love how they incorporated his bento addiction into the episode, the new characters were done really well for the time they had. The soundtrack was also GODLY
Oct 10, 2021 9:50 AM

May 2015
This episode was UMAI!
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Oct 10, 2021 10:01 AM
Feb 2016
God I loved that part of Rengoku and his dad in parallel when he defeated the speed demon, because his dad had saved that grandma when she was younger. It was such a great scene.

UMAI!!! episode, can't wait to see how the rest of this show compares to the movie. And also can't wait for the new OP/ED for it, I was a little surprised neither of those made an appearance in this episode.
Oct 10, 2021 10:05 AM

Nov 2016
This was solid af for an original episode. People who couldn't get invested in Rengoku due to the lack of screen time should be pleased. This rebroadcast is definitely no reason to cry.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Oct 10, 2021 10:11 AM

Apr 2020
I hope this will convince some viewers to continue on with this different version of Mugen Train, I have faith that this 7 episodes will be of the same quality as the movie.
Oct 10, 2021 10:18 AM
Oct 2013
I'm ready to get in the hype train again
Feels good to see Kimetsu is back!
Oct 10, 2021 10:19 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Rengoku sure loves his food huh. But getting to know the people within the towns is always something thats useful. Still he sure is generous when he's helping people. It was good fortune that they managed to save the women that was attacked by the demon. Man had it tough being turned into a demon with a craving for blood. Quite the coincidence that Rengoku's father also saved the granny and Fuku's mother two decades ago as well. Overall a brilliant ep that served as an excellent leadup to the events of the movie by introducing characters and events that were easily relatable to us. Fuku and her gran will be greatly saddened to learn of their saviors death though. For a opening ep it was pretty intense as well.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 10, 2021 10:21 AM

May 2020
UMAI! amazing episode Rengoatku is back , no OP & EP tho nevermind next ep
Fun Things Are Fun - Yui Hirasawa
Oct 10, 2021 10:41 AM

Apr 2021
Perfert gooooooooooooodddd
[jmg align=right]https://i.imgur.com/XLRDPsi.png?1[/img]
anime list
manga list
blog posts

Oct 10, 2021 10:46 AM

Oct 2021
I just wanted to say i dont get the hype for this episode only music and animation were good 3/5 *vanishes in thin air*
Oct 10, 2021 10:48 AM

Apr 2014
I am going to watch the TV version and make comparison to the Movie version. Just for fun. Not to mention. I need to watch something Sundays anyways. XD
Oct 10, 2021 10:53 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Crap, I ended up writing a huge block of text but then accidentally refreshed the page but it’s gone now. Just going to drop some points that come to mind now.

More Rengoku screentime is always great but this episode really felt more like a filler or side-story but it wasn’t bad per se, however. Actually, I thought it was good on the contrary. Just not as KnY as the other instalments, I suppose.

Really enjoyed the intricate details and whatnot given to the food at the start, felt Shinkai Makoto-kantoku vibes from that.

Parallel between Rengoku-san and his father saving the same family was a nice touch.

I was under the impression that Aimer’s Op & ED would feature in this recap section but apparently not.

#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Oct 10, 2021 10:56 AM

Aug 2021
What I like the most about this anime is the animation, I wish all studios were doing the same work as ufotable.
The episode was good, no more.

Oct 10, 2021 11:02 AM
Apr 2021
Idk man its not that good as people say
But the animation is good
Potato's Rock<3
Oct 10, 2021 11:15 AM
Feb 2021
The episode is cool
Oct 10, 2021 11:38 AM

Jul 2011
Seeing Rengoku buying all bento boxes twice, is depressing, knowing his destiny.

Was a cool episodes as always.
Oct 10, 2021 12:27 PM

Oct 2010
new material all right, decent filler, , rengoku was annoying as always
Oct 10, 2021 12:34 PM

Sep 2021
What a excellent episode expected from kimetsu no yaiba but feel sad tho those vendors never able to know what happened to rengoku
The most dangerous irony is, people are angry with others because of their own incompetence
Oct 10, 2021 1:00 PM

Feb 2014
Well, as far as filler goes, this one blends perfectly well with the mani story and helps enrich it, which is what every filler tries to do at the end of the day.
Oct 10, 2021 1:21 PM

Jun 2009
Definitely hyped for the rest of this mini-arc (especially the big fight at the end), and it was good to see Rengoku again. He's too pure. 😭

Hoping it stays fresh enough for people who already watched the movie and isn't too repetitive. I can't imagine the production quality will be good enough to top the movie, but this was a good start!
Oct 10, 2021 1:37 PM

Jan 2009
this filler episode is not bad at all, more Big Bro Rengoku is always welcome
Oct 10, 2021 2:09 PM
Mar 2020
I've said it before and ill say it again, Rengoku is the coolest thing to come out of the entire demon slayer series. that man got me jumping and screaming his name and goddamn did the osts do wonders. easy 9/10 first ep
Oct 10, 2021 2:10 PM
Aug 2020
_MushiRock11_ said:
Crap, I ended up writing a huge block of text but then accidentally refreshed the page but it’s gone now. Just going to drop some points that come to mind now.

More Rengoku screentime is always great but this episode really felt more like a filler or side-story but it wasn’t bad per se, however. Actually, I thought it was good on the contrary. Just not as KnY as the other instalments, I suppose.

Really enjoyed the intricate details and whatnot given to the food at the start, felt Shinkai Makoto-kantoku vibes from that.

Parallel between Rengoku-san and his father saving the same family was a nice touch.

I was under the impression that Aimer’s Op & ED would feature in this recap section but apparently not.

About that, the Mugen Ressha-hen rebroadcast will involve a seperate opening and ending, both done by LiSA. Yuukaku-hen is the only one that actually involves the Aimer opening and ending.

Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba: Mugen Ressha-hen Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Pre_Yum - Nov 28, 2021

161 by ReikkaLord »»
Feb 21, 12:04 PM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba: Mugen Ressha-hen Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Pre_Yum - Oct 17, 2021

79 by TaigaDominatesMe »»
Dec 15, 2023 5:00 PM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba: Mugen Ressha-hen Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Pre_Yum - Nov 21, 2021

58 by WELLERM »»
Nov 30, 2023 11:29 PM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba: Mugen Ressha-hen Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Pre_Yum - Nov 14, 2021

54 by WELLERM »»
Nov 30, 2023 11:28 PM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba: Mugen Ressha-hen Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Pre_Yum - Nov 7, 2021

59 by WELLERM »»
Nov 30, 2023 11:28 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.