Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Oct 9, 2021 9:45 PM

Sep 2015
tookthisusername said:
I enjoyed the Animation with those black and white Visuals.

Luffy nicknaming people as usual

But it could also be possible that Luffy misheard, or does not know how others names are pronounced properly xD

Like for instance, when Luffy hates someone and becomes serious, like Blackbeard and Akainu, hes completely focused and remembers their names very clearly without any mistakes.
August 6th 2023: Biggest upset ever, deception, selfishness, or scammed, manipulated. Heavy damage costs, and more. Days since: 15 Last updated: 8/21/2023

One Piece Episode 1041 & 1042 & 1047 & 1048 & 95.75%/1049 & 1053 were a mistake and Uta brought the salvation -AhriTheS3xyFox

Oct 9, 2021 10:26 PM

Dec 2020
Finally, the raid kicks off for real with Kaido getting jumped, you love to see it.
Oct 9, 2021 10:26 PM

Aug 2021
AhriTheS3xyFox said:
tookthisusername said:
I enjoyed the Animation with those black and white Visuals.

Luffy nicknaming people as usual

But it could also be possible that Luffy misheard, or does not know how others names are pronounced properly xD

Like for instance, when Luffy hates someone and becomes serious, like Blackbeard and Akainu, hes completely focused and remembers their names very clearly without any mistakes.

Well Luffy doesn't like calling others by their names maybe or he just doesn't remembers much of their names like Pekomamushi, Split-head , Tra-guy , Mingo and all of them are hilarious XD
Oct 9, 2021 10:38 PM

Sep 2015
tookthisusername said:
AhriTheS3xyFox said:

Well Luffy doesn't like calling others by their names maybe or he just doesn't remembers much of their names like Pekomamushi, Split-head , Tra-guy , Mingo and all of them are hilarious XD

ESPECIALLY "Ball-De-Boo" (Holdem) xDDD, my most favourite one of all ! I really want to see more of him in the future episodes, because think of the potential hilariousness ! Having Yamato and Robin following along with how Luffy refers Holdems name like that would make it a great comedy xD
August 6th 2023: Biggest upset ever, deception, selfishness, or scammed, manipulated. Heavy damage costs, and more. Days since: 15 Last updated: 8/21/2023

One Piece Episode 1041 & 1042 & 1047 & 1048 & 95.75%/1049 & 1053 were a mistake and Uta brought the salvation -AhriTheS3xyFox

Oct 9, 2021 10:40 PM

Nov 2019
The first half was fine but kinda slow, but then b&w Kin'emon kicked in, I already love him, but that whole scene made him even cooler and the final attack against Kaido and the sunachi were killers.
Oct 9, 2021 10:44 PM

Oct 2009
Great direction! I actually teared up :')

Bless the staff for all the Yamao side boobs *_*
Oct 9, 2021 11:02 PM
Oct 2018
Last 5 minutes of this episode. Akazaya raiding the castle. My jaw was dropped. What a masterpiece. Wano arc has far surpassed everything and has become the best adapted arc in the anime. Still can't believe that this level of quality is in a weekly anime.
Oct 9, 2021 11:11 PM

Jul 2013
Lots of build up with Momo's and Kaido's flashbacks in the first half, but holy shit, the second half was just on permanent FIRE!

Respect to Momo. A kid like him was more brave as these pathetic "samurai" of Orochi who threw away their pride to now serve under Kaido. And Momos declaration gave me a big smile on my face. This was such a giant "fuck you" towards Kaido lol.

So Yamatos handcuffs really exploded, what a surprise with such a father. Luffy taking them off looked awesome and from there this episode got on a steamroll. Man I love Luffy so much, without thinking about it at all he stopped Yamato because it's not his or her job to start this battle.

The transition to the Akazaya where everything went into black and white was superb. I don't think it would have had the same impact if they made it in color, at least that's what I personally feel. I don't even want to think of how much I said "Omg" during this scene, lol.
Finally they got Kaido, as well as his subordinates completely off guard without them having any chance to strike back. Even if I don't think Kaido got injured too badly it's such a satisfaction to see the Akazaya Nine finally getting revenge after all this time of waiting and being patient for the right moment.

Also interesting was the little chat between Marco and Perospero. Surprising how much Perospero actually hate the fact that the Big Mom pirates allied with Kaido and that he intends to kill him. I wonder what Marco will do, now that he knows this.

There's no going back from here. The big battle finally has begun and I'm sooooooo excited to see what happens next.

Ps: I agree with the Yamato side boob shot. And more screen time for my fav One Piece waifu = always a win :D

Natsu88Oct 9, 2021 11:14 PM

Oct 9, 2021 11:43 PM
Jul 2020
The animation is getting better especially at the end where the Akazaya's raiding the castle and i feel satisfied seeing Kaido getting jumped by the Akazaya

Oct 9, 2021 11:46 PM
Feb 2020
episode was fire one of my favorite episodes in a while i was super hyped and i even knew what was gonna happen since i read the manga. love it
ADD ME. NEED MORE ONLINE FRIENDS lol
Oct 9, 2021 11:48 PM

Mar 2016
I appreciate the brief flashes of Yamato fanservice here and there, the side boob shots and her various poses throughout the ep were delicious. Speaking of service, now Orochi's followers are now officially part of the Beast Pirate, under Kaido himself. The fact that they change whom they serve so easily shows just how little their loyalty is for Orochi aside from a select few.

This marks the beginning of the all-out war in Onigashima. The entrance of the Akazaya samurai and the first direct attack on Kaido is the first clash of the war and boy is it fantastic! Pure art even! The fluid animation and the visuals needn't be questioned as these kinds of scenes are usually always got a wonderful level of it. However, the OST in this part was awesome, simply breathtaking.

Get ready for a long, long, long war!!!
Oct 9, 2021 11:56 PM
Jul 2018
Flashbacks yet good to see the glimpse of.
Oct 10, 2021 12:03 AM
Aug 2021
My.GOD. The episode was so amazing even though I knew what was coming. Yamato hugging luffy was cute asf. Great episode. 5/5
Oct 10, 2021 12:15 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Now, that's one heck of an entrance from the Akazaya members! Surprise attack to its finest. If this is any sign for things to come in the near future, I'm bloody excited.

Props to Momonosuke for gathering up the courage to reveal his true identity despite the pressure.

Yamato's fanservice moments were delicious indeed, certainly wouldn't mind more of them y'know.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Oct 10, 2021 12:39 AM

Jul 2015
I can't believe Kaido actually put on explosive handcuffs on Yamao.

Akazaya samurai making one of the most epic entrances here, I can't wait to see the big battles unfold

Oct 10, 2021 12:58 AM
Feb 2020
The Akazaya samurai entrance was soo goddamn epic.
Oct 10, 2021 1:38 AM

Jun 2019
The ending moments of the episode were incredible and very well done. The animation in those moments was really good. Akazaya entrance was god damn awesome. I'm proud of Momo. He has come a long way. Looks like they added the Marco part as an original and it was alright.

Enjoyed the episode but there will be no episode next week. So, just keep that in mind.
Oct 10, 2021 1:45 AM

Feb 2016
Kinemon had no chill here💀

Oct 10, 2021 2:28 AM

Jul 2016
SamuraiNinja1 said:
The last few minutes of animation was beautiful.

So bloody amazing.
Oct 10, 2021 2:37 AM
Jan 2021
amazing litterly amazing
Oct 10, 2021 2:56 AM
Jul 2018
Good episode but I don't think Yamato is going to join the strawhats because Luffy made up a nickname for her. Luffy doesn't call any of the strawhats by a nickname :/
Oct 10, 2021 3:05 AM
Dec 2018
Thank you for the side Boob *v*
Oct 10, 2021 4:01 AM

Jun 2012
Those last few minutes were amazing!!!
Oct 10, 2021 5:12 AM
Nov 2020
What an amazing episode! Momo's declaration, Yamato free from his chains but deprived of the last shred of trust he had in his fearsome father, then the Akazaya attack scene... what an escalation! And what incredible animation and direction!
Oct 10, 2021 5:36 AM
Dec 2020
the samurai breaking in and cutting kaido was absolutely insane this ep was peak
Oct 10, 2021 5:41 AM

Oct 2017
the b&w animation was friggin' fantastic!!!!!!
Oct 10, 2021 5:43 AM

Nov 2015
finally the akazaya did something and it was not just talk

Oct 10, 2021 6:56 AM

Nov 2014
Amazing episode.
Oct 10, 2021 10:00 AM
Jul 2018
My godness.... those last minutes of the episode, that grand entrance by the Akazaya members and their smooth movements... 😍

I love you Wano, to Enel's moon and back. 🥰

FMmatron said:
Oh and there will be no episode next week. Torture after this cliffhanger.

WTF manga AND anime break during the same week??? BRUH! 😩 I guess imma watch some OP theories instead or something.
Oct 10, 2021 10:23 AM

Nov 2016
BarelyCreative said:
My godness.... those last minutes of the episode, that grand entrance by the Akazaya members and their smooth movements... 😍

I love you Wano, to Enel's moon and back. 🥰

FMmatron said:
Oh and there will be no episode next week. Torture after this cliffhanger.

WTF manga AND anime break during the same week??? BRUH! 😩 I guess imma watch some OP theories instead or something.

Withdrawal symptoms incoming.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Oct 10, 2021 10:52 AM
Jul 2014
I've never felt so detached from OP and I don't even really know why.

The whole samurai thing, the what faces, the boring waiting and Momonosuke which just isn't a great character truly kills me
Oct 10, 2021 11:10 AM
Jul 2018
The scenes of Red Bullets running and cutting the objects that were in front were amazing, with black and white fitting well with this whole plot in the episode.
Oct 10, 2021 11:25 AM

Nov 2016
TigreDemon said:
I've never felt so detached from OP and I don't even really know why.

The whole samurai thing, the what faces, the boring waiting and Momonosuke which just isn't a great character truly kills me

Have you tried rewatching? Maybe it's going to click upon catching up with the manga where you can experience this arc in bulks.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Oct 10, 2021 12:05 PM
Nov 2020
What amazing animation. I was speechless at the end. As someone who reads the Manga, I am so satisfied with how they handled everything up until now. Absolutely amazing.
Oct 10, 2021 12:09 PM
Jan 2021
At this point you guys know what I'm about to type. EVEN MORE BADASSERY. Firstly let's go over the simple stuff. Orochi's subordinates decided to join Kaido's army instead of fighting back, like some COWARDS. Samurai are known to be loyal and they switches just like that, just because Kaido decapitated their leader?!?!?! Are you serious?!

Nami and Carrot are still in trouble via Big Mom's animated allied via her Soul Soul powers. Usopp and Chopper are on their way to help rescue Momonosuke, but they run into some sleeping giants and choose to retreat. The whereabouts of Franky, Sanji, Brook, and Zoro are unknown at this point. Knowing Zoro he's probably lost again, and Sanji is likely looking for some women.

THE BADASSERY OF KOZUKI MOMONOSUKE. Kaido gives him one chance to live. Kaido asks for Momo's name. Momo has the chance to live by lying and making one up. But, he thinks back to a bath he had with Oden in which he asks about the meaning of his name. He also thought back to Luffy telling him to stop crying and stand up for himself. So, the epic OST played and Momonosuke proudly announced himself to Kaido and his men. He told them that he'd be governing the Land of Wano one day and the meaning of his name. Despite knowing he would be executed, Momonosuke stood proud and didn't back down, like a true BADASS. SUCH BADASSERY THAT THE SPECIAL MUSIC PLAYED TO EMPHASIS. WHENEVER THAT MUSIC IS ON YOU KNOW TRUE BADASSERY IS GOING DOWN.

Last but not least Yamao (Luffy's nickname for Yamato) and Luffy join the fray. Luffy fulfilled his promise and took off Yamao's handcuffs, which were actually explosive meaning that Kaido was willing to kill his own daughter. Luffy stopped Yamao's assault because he wanted to be sure to Akazaya Nine started the Great Battle! Such BADASSERY!

I'm hyped for the next one!
Oct 10, 2021 12:14 PM

Aug 2021
Wow, I loved this episode. The first half was a little slow, but the flashbacks and showing Momo's resolve I think set up some extra emotion.

Then the second half, oh my, especially when the art style changed up and the raid really started.. It was so awesome, Kinnemon and the rest look great and now things are finally getting good and kicked off :)

Can't wait until next week!

PS I've actually been enjoying this part of the anime a good deal better than the manga, mainly because there is so much going on at once in the Onigashima raid that's it's hard to keep it all straight in manga pages. :)

Oct 10, 2021 1:51 PM
Ooga Booga

Jul 2020
Man Yamato is just sooo fcking beautiful, I need to see her more >.<

smoochie smoochie

Oct 10, 2021 3:17 PM

Dec 2012
THE ANIMATION IS FUCKING AMAZING WOW

Oct 10, 2021 3:18 PM
May 2019
The last few minutes of the episode were incredible ♥
Oct 10, 2021 5:51 PM
Sep 2021
Kaido a Yonko level character stalling and hesitating to kill Momonosuke as if Kaido is a Marine caring for collateral damage... ( Big Mom and Kaido ) this story did you wrong.

Bad guys standing still waiting to be sliced ( my goodness )

Don't like the Wano Story so far but love the FanService. Yamato in this one is great. Had to replay frame for frame :) I recommend this episode's FanService

Upset that Nami changed clothes to red ninja covering her chest but looking forward to next episode's FanService. More Time on FanService please Directors every episode from now on :)
Vote One Piece Film Red Fan Service Click Here
Oct 10, 2021 7:42 PM

Sep 2015
SuitC4s3 said:
Kaido a Yonko level character stalling and hesitating to kill Momonosuke as if Kaido is a Marine caring for collateral damage... ( Big Mom and Kaido ) this story did you wrong.

Bad guys standing still waiting to be sliced ( my goodness )

Don't like the Wano Story so far but love the FanService. Yamato in this one is great. Had to replay frame for frame :) I recommend this episode's FanService

Upset that Nami changed clothes to red ninja covering her chest but looking forward to next episode's FanService. More Time on FanService please Directors every episode from now on :)

Yamato ! Without a doubt ! Is the character that is MEAN'T!! to get focused on Fanservice! She has everything! The voice, personality, being strong, funny, expressive, fun and MUCH MORE in comparison to Nami and Robin, their personality and character is just straight forward with no variation.

For now Yamato feels like one of those unpredictable characters in terms of thoughts. She is for sure not like Luffy, considering how from the last episode, she asked Luffy to quiet down, and questioned what he was doing.

Yamato shines the light!

Oct 10, 2021 7:44 PM

Sep 2015
MonkeeDan said:
Man Yamato is just sooo fcking beautiful, I need to see her more >.<

I was jaw-dropped by her appearance, and to make things even better her personality makes her even more of an interesting and fun character to watch, so i'm dying to see more of her! She is by far the most refreshing female character in One Piece EVER!

Oct 10, 2021 9:41 PM

Mar 2015
Oh wow great episode! The all-out battle is finally beginning!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Oct 10, 2021 9:49 PM

May 2015
Those side boobs shots of Yamato are like the cherry on top what's already an amazing character.
Sorry Boa. The chemistry between Luffy and Yamato is off the charts, and it's just been a couple of episodes. I can see it becoming the biggest ship in One Piece.
Oct 11, 2021 12:57 AM

Jan 2016
Wow I loved the Akazaya entrance! So damn epic!

Also, Yamato's sideboob shots were... really something else xD And those handcuffs she had weren't a joke LOL
THANKS SENPIEX
Oct 11, 2021 5:22 AM
Mar 2010
Never thought I would have such thoughts about a show that steadily got worse and worse past first few hundred episodes (like around 300 I think but to be fair there were few great moments later) but God damn it the second half of this one made me sit tight watching just like I did years ago when I first started watching the show
Oct 11, 2021 12:59 PM
EOussama

Dec 2016
That Kin'nemon slide, damn Toei.
Oct 11, 2021 2:13 PM
Mar 2020
Pretty average stuff until the ending, my god was that well done by Toei. I was afraid they weren't going to adapt that part well, but oh boy did they really outdid themselves! Looking forward for next week!
Oct 11, 2021 10:43 PM
Dec 2018
This episode was a masterpiece. Everything from animation to pacing was perfection. I can watch a million of those slow-paced dragged out episodes with crappy animation to get one of these. 10/10
Oct 12, 2021 3:16 AM

Dec 2018
These last episodes have all been fire, but damn, that last sequence was PURE heat, I'm so hyped up now
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Episode 392 Discussion ( 1 2 )

dbaranyi - Mar 8, 2009

92 by gannoncannon55 »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 391 Discussion

Kitschi - Mar 11, 2009

40 by gannoncannon55 »»
3 hours ago

» I miss the old fights.

NeutralSide - Sep 14, 2023

25 by NeutralSide »»
9 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1062 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

AhriTheS3xyFox - May 20, 2023

328 by mihirmishra »»
10 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 229 Discussion

VARIAchan - Jan 5, 2010

42 by kejora »»
Today, 2:11 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.