Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 8, 2021 7:01 PM

Mar 2019
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Cynthia's chomper knows scale shot...Dread it, run from it, destiny arrives all the same.
I honestly have no idea what I'm supposed to type here.
*imitates an old man*
"Back in my day, we used to write our names fancy when they asked our signature!"
Oct 8, 2021 8:09 PM

Jun 2021
No offense but do people even watch this ????
I have it in my ptw list but.....
Oct 8, 2021 8:37 PM

May 2020
-Fluffy- said:

Yes... There wouldn't be replies in the episode threads, if no one watch it. It's one of the best Pokémon seasons, or maybe the best.
Oct 8, 2021 9:38 PM
Mar 2018
-Fluffy- said:

Yes we do watch this
Oct 8, 2021 10:04 PM
Jul 2018
a very good episode took me back to how pokemon used to be, very simple but emotional with it's master and pokemon pair themes. this ep has it's flaws like gou that dude's existence is a flaw but a great ep .8/10
Oct 8, 2021 10:41 PM

Apr 2016
Cynthia is my favorite champion and even Goh who isn't that interested in battles knows about her, great.
Poor Cleffa, didn't notice the plot was similar to the third movie until the episode was already ending but it was well done.
Oct 8, 2021 11:02 PM

Oct 2017
A rare episode that discusses the actual death of a Pokémon.
Oct 9, 2021 1:23 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
That was really sad actually for the last part, RIP her pokemon :( she just wanted to see the stars forever because of that... at least we got to see Cynthia and her garchomp that was great
Oct 9, 2021 1:24 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
-Fluffy- said:
Of course, and it's great
Oct 9, 2021 11:43 AM

Jul 2015
Can't wait to see more of Cynthia, specially an official match or something.
Oct 10, 2021 4:39 PM

Jul 2009
-Fluffy- said:

This season is beautiful in many ways!

-Satoshi being recognized as a champion and traveling all over the world.
-Goh resuming the original goal; "Gotta catch 'em all!"
-High quality animation and sound.
-So many friends comebacks.

You have to join us!
Oct 11, 2021 8:21 PM
Sep 2021
Rad_Scientist said:
-Fluffy- said:

Yes... There wouldn't be replies in the episode threads, if no one watch it. It's one of the best Pokémon seasons, or maybe the best.

Agree its probably one of the best pokemon seasons
Oct 12, 2021 3:41 PM

Jan 2016
Geez, it's a struggling experience when death is the actual topic in the episode :'C

Cynthia did an appearance in this season but a kinda introductory one. I guess it'll be more developed the day Ash battles her (who knows when lol). Also, nice nod to the third movie, the whole Unown stuff :P
THANKS SENPIEX
Oct 13, 2021 2:11 AM

Oct 2013
Recent episodes were a bit subpar but this one was fantastic. And emotional too.
Also I always loved how the Unowns are just chaotic neutral.
Oct 13, 2021 4:41 PM

Sep 2017
I'll be honest , I'll be that one person who is nitpicky. Okay i didn't like this episode or most episodes from this season. it feels so random and fast. (I'm also watching some old seasons, they just don't feel the same) // Why does ash travel to another region like it's nothing all the time. It gets on my nerve when they're like: Problems in Johto? okay lets go. Something is happening is Unova? Aight i will be there right NOOOOWWWW. Why is the main professor studying other regions problems. What about that regions own professors like professor elm or professor Oak. the story directions all over the place and isn't focus on one.

And Goh , " hey murkrow want to come with us? OK Go pokeball!!!! "
Murkrow: "wait what?" (captured by Goh + no battle) chill goh. Goh, He's a pokemon hunter catching pokemon without their consent. He should be fined or taken to pokemon jail.
/
About Unown: Since when can the Unown change the weather or make it an endless night I want one like that too, ! OP. Also the ability to create illusions and battle ready pokemons. All they know is hidden power and maybe to warp space in another dimension. But not to make endless night. (Maybe they can make illusions , i just remembered about the movie Unown with Entei , !BUT not make it endless night) what power is that.
How did nobody figure it out it was Unown though and Ash and Goh did. Where are the genius at investing this. ( they can't figure it out because they don't know it can make an enless night ) PLOT convenience.

Not all was bad tho , i did enjoy the fight scenes and Cynthia cameo.
but i didnt like how pikachu was [super] buddy buddy with cynthia like they were BFFs. (ohh how i misses you sooo muchhh)
thats the vibe i got ^.

Basically to summarise i dont like the direction of the plot because its too random and forced . (sry for the rant) but it had some good parts though. i wish it focused on one particular thing instead all around. but i guess it's the theme of this season. not a big fan of it.
vv1Oct 13, 2021 4:49 PM
Oct 13, 2021 4:43 PM

Sep 2017
-Fluffy- said:

yeah when i got nothing to watch lol
Oct 13, 2021 6:36 PM

Jul 2014
vv1 said:
I'll be honest , I'll be that one person who is nitpicky. Okay i didn't like this episode or most episodes from this season. it feels so random and fast. (I'm also watching some old seasons, they just don't feel the same) // Why does ash travel to another region like it's nothing all the time. It gets on my nerve when they're like: Problems in Johto? okay lets go. Something is happening is Unova? Aight i will be there right NOOOOWWWW. Why is the main professor studying other regions problems. What about that regions own professors like professor elm or professor Oak. the story directions all over the place and isn't focus on one.

And Goh , " hey murkrow want to come with us? OK Go pokeball!!!! "
Murkrow: "wait what?" (captured by Goh + no battle) chill goh. Goh, He's a pokemon hunter catching pokemon without their consent. He should be fined or taken to pokemon jail.
/
About Unown: Since when can the Unown change the weather or make it an endless night I want one like that too, ! OP. Also the ability to create illusions and battle ready pokemons. All they know is hidden power and maybe to warp space in another dimension. But not to make endless night. (Maybe they can make illusions , i just remembered about the movie Unown with Entei , !BUT not make it endless night) what power is that.
How did nobody figure it out it was Unown though and Ash and Goh did. Where are the genius at investing this. ( they can't figure it out because they don't know it can make an enless night ) PLOT convenience.

Not all was bad tho , i did enjoy the fight scenes and Cynthia cameo.
but i didnt like how pikachu was [super] buddy buddy with cynthia like they were BFFs. (ohh how i misses you sooo muchhh)
thats the vibe i got ^.

Basically to summarise i dont like the direction of the plot because its too random and forced . (sry for the rant) but it had some good parts though. i wish it focused on one particular thing instead all around. but i guess it's the theme of this season. not a big fan of it.

Actually, Unown can bend reality canonically (like, in the pokedex and in the lore). That's why they are like the "tools" Arceus used to create the world.
Oct 14, 2021 6:37 AM
Jul 2020
Legend says that Unown only ike underage girls
Oct 19, 2021 7:25 AM

Apr 2021
-Fluffy- said:

For me, it's the best Pokémon season since the first one (it's probably THE best overall, but I still have nostalgic feelings for Ash, Brock and Misty travelling through Kanto).
Oct 23, 2021 3:23 PM

Nov 2016
Yeah, this series got some bangers from time to time, but in a different way from old school Pokemon.

This was surprisingly emotional and extremely unusual that an episode deals with death.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

May 2, 2022 2:07 AM

Sep 2018
Emotional episode, but also some cool fanservice with the Unknown and the replica Pokemon, playing off the 3rd movie.
Oct 2, 2022 10:22 PM

Jan 2020
Has no one in this place heard of a clock?

I wasn't aware that Unown could just spell things out and make them happen. That seems concerning. Imagine if they just followed people around and spelled out D-E-A-T-H.

"...Is your mother worried? Would you like us to assign someone to worry your mother?"

Oct 10, 2022 1:08 AM

Mar 2014
Oh man it's the Entei movie all over again. Unown really like granting the twisted wishes of sad lonely children don't they?

Cute that the ones that appeared for this perma-night wish were N-I-G-H-T
Nov 23, 2022 8:31 PM

Jul 2020
Unown really causing mayhem plunging the city into darkness all for that girl.
Jan 9, 2023 4:06 AM
Jul 2016
This episode hit out of nowhere and addressed a serious theme which is largely absent from the pokemon universe. Also reintroduced a very popular character who shows off some skill. Overall a great episode which I was glad I didn't skip.
Jul 29, 2023 5:03 PM

Dec 2007
what the hell, forget the cynthia fanservice and the entei movie vibes, this was possibly the most dark pokemon up to date. what the hell were they thinking? (not that i'm complaining. lol)

i actually cried from pokemon episode. damn.
Sep 17, 2023 6:45 AM
Oct 2019
that little montage at the end saved the episode in my opinion

More topics from this board

Poll: » Pokemon (2019) Episode 7 Discussion

Ri22rk - Dec 29, 2019

45 by leanrv »»
Mar 22, 6:17 AM

Poll: » Pokemon (2019) Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Ri22rk - Dec 22, 2019

51 by leanrv »»
Mar 19, 5:09 PM

Poll: » Pokemon (2019) Episode 5 Discussion

Ri22rk - Dec 15, 2019

35 by leanrv »»
Mar 19, 6:18 AM

Poll: » Pokemon (2019) Episode 136 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ChirekachiMizu - Dec 16, 2022

60 by Nerdason »»
Mar 17, 9:46 PM

Poll: » Pokemon (2019) Episode 135 Discussion

FlyingDunsparce - Dec 9, 2022

20 by Nerdason »»
Mar 17, 9:03 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.